IT People Preferring Pune Over Gurgaon

Last updated: March 27 2012
37 | Posts
16875 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT People Preferring Pune Over Gurgaon

I recently met 3 IT ppl who want to relocated from pune to gurgaon but now they are going back to pune again.

They become so much irritated here due to following issues and they have decided back to pune

1. Poor infrastructure
    2. Everything very costly
    3. No good house rent less than 25000
    4. children fees very high but quality is very poor
    5. Everything is very much costly. Even maid charges is double then pune.
    6. Everyone looking selfish and greedy.
    7. NO safety for woman
    8. Night travel is very dangerous
    9. Public transport is very costly.
    Last edited March 25 2012, 03:31 PM.

Re : IT People Preferring Pune Over Gurgaon

Originally posted by kaka777 View Post
    I recently met 3 IT peoples who want to relocated from pune to gurgaon but now they are going back to pune again.

They become so much irritated here due to following issues and they have decided back to pune

1. Poor infrastructure
    6. Every people looking selfish and greedy.
    7. NO safety for woman
    Gurgaon is developed and inhabited by Rich People of South Delhi. Thats why it is costly.

It is a place for people who love to spend lavishly without caring a damn about saving.

Unfortunately It has no place for Middle class guys who just wants to save.

Comment

Likewise

I recently met 3 IT peoples who want to relocated from pune to gurgaon but now they are going back to pune again.

1. Poor infrastructure
      6. Every people looking selfish and greedy.
      7. NO safety for woman

This means, If I am an IT employer, I would prefer Bangalore to GGN because in bangalore , cost of living is much reasonable as compared to GGN.

Hence , an employee tend to demand less salary compared to GGN. I said tend to because again demanding salary is an individual affair. But given the odds, a person living in a place of higher cost of living tend to demand more salary to keep up with the standard of living.

Besides other factors of safety etc.

And every cost is linked to the real estate. Calculate whichever way you want. That boils down to the cost of land and RE.

And if you are a freshie , and do not belong to GGN ( meaning your family home), then you had it.

You pay major chunk of your salary just to the land lord and transport. And then keep dreaming about owing a place 'some time'. SO even employees are not willing to be posted in NCR and MUMBAI. I know this cos I have lots of friends who moved to places like even 'Mysore' and places like Kolkata and stuff. And some if not many of them from MUMBAI. Surprize huh ? because for a given salary , they can lead a much better quality of life than in NCR , Mumbai or even Pune.

So you will demand more salary. That means more CTC. When more and more employees demand more salary , the employer obviously look elsewhere. Say Bangalore, Pune or Hyderabad.

Likewise, many Global companies ( IBM included) shifting their bulk devp facilities to Eastern European countries.
      Last edited March 25 2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I have lived in Pune and Gurgaon for significant period. The Gurgaon in comparison sucks and has no life. People who has lived in Bangalore or Pune can't live in Gurgaon unless they have very compelling reasons.
        All the points mentioned above are correct along with weather and no power.

Comment

Originally posted by delhidwarka View Post
          Gurgaon is developed and inhabited by Rich People of South Delhi. Thats why it is costly.

It is a place for people who love to spend lavishly without caring a damn about saving.

Unfortunately It has no place for Middle class guys who just wants to save.

Gaon word in the name of city. I am not agree with you. This is the place of doing rape girls and doing crime. Here 90% government people are corrupted. This is the place of crime and corruption. nothing else.

Prices are increasing not due to facilities. price are increasing because of black money by polticians and government people.

Do survey and you will found 50% flat/apartments/plots are in the name of government officers and politicians relatives.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by SK_SHARMA View Post
            I have lived in Pune and Gurgaon for significant period. The Gurgaon in comparison sucks and has no life. People who has lived in Bangalore or Pune can't live in Gurgaon unless they have very compelling reasons.
            All the points mentioned above are correct along with weather and no power.

Not to sound slanderous , but Gurgaon is the worst place for IT people in India. Or for that matter any private job. Unless ofcourse you have a family there who is living there for all these years and you belong there.

EVery one tries to loot you. And if you are a girl, then you will have tough time.

I heard some one sating, Even Patna is better place for women compared to NCR. lol.

Comment

it seems you have already completed a survey urself , Please share the results with us also and on what basis are you saying that it is 50% tat BABUS and politicians...

Comment

Gaon word in the name of city. I am not agree with you. This is the place of doing rape girls and doing crime. Here 90% government people are corrupted. This is the place of crime and corruption. nothing else.

Prices are increasing not due to facilities. price are increasing because of black money by polticians and government people.

Do survey and you will found 50% flat/apartments/plots are in the name of government officers and politicians relatives.
                Cool down brother. I am not trying to defend Gurgaon's high cost of living. Rape happens in New Delhi as well in New York. People are corrupt not only in Gurgaon but everywhere. Black money exists in all cities of India.

Gurgaon flats do have better quality of Life compared to other parts of the country including Delhi and Noida or bangalore or Hyderabad or Pune.

Noida/Bangalore flats have no central greens and are really conjusted. all the land is just used to build towers and no central greens.

Gurgaon Flats are spacious with a spacious park view in front of your Window.

Comment

Make me the soon to be 4th guy to do so

I never knew that i missed pune so much until i shifted from Noida to GurGAON.
                  Frankly, after living in multiple places in India, i can safely say that i have never seen such a terrible place with such amazing potential to be good. Its true, that if you are neo-rich in Gurgaon - you can be insulated from all its shittiness and can actually enjoy the high life.
                  Rest of us, well we gotta grind it out.

Beyond the usual stuff like uneducated neanderthals roaming around the streets drinking and molesting women, gurgaon has way too many disadvantages compared to Pune, both on culture and infra front.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                    Make me the soon to be 4th guy to do so

I never knew that i missed pune so much until i shifted from Noida to GurGAON.
                    Frankly, after living in multiple places in India, i can safely say that i have never seen such a terrible place with such amazing potential to be good. Its true, that if you are neo-rich in Gurgaon - you can be insulated from all its shittiness and can actually enjoy the high life.
                    Rest of us, well we gotta grind it out.

Beyond the usual stuff like uneducated neanderthals roaming around the streets drinking and molesting women, gurgaon has way too many disadvantages compared to Pune, both on culture and infra front.

If you don't like Gurgaon, Please come to Dwarka.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X