South Of NH8 Vs North Of NH8, Palam Vihar, Gurgoan

Last updated: December 29 2017
23 | Posts
6330 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Of NH8 Vs North Of NH8, Palam Vihar, Gurgoan

Hi fellow IREF members, I am interested in soliciting your input and views on the general accessibility, safety, quality and general "livability" of Palam Vihar.

I am aware that Palam Vihar was considered on of the posh and sought after localities 10 years back, but a lot has changed since then. I am evaluating purchasing land around Palam Vihar and comparable areas in Gurgaon to build a house. I am also interested in comparing the difference of living south of NH8 vs North of NH8 and the possibilities of connectivity with Metro etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited December 29 2016, 05:47 PM.

Re : South Of NH8 Vs North Of NH8, Palam Vihar, Gurgoan

Pros- Great place to live. Peaceful, lot of greens around, reasonably maintained by Ansals, Land rates are reasonable compared to other side of NH8. Hospitals, Mall, Schools, Corporate Plaza, Club in the neighborhood, proposed connectivity via Delhi Express Metro by 2016 - Palam Vihar is one of the station on the route from Airport to IFFCO Chock route, Proximity to Udyog Vihar(2.5 kms), close to New Gurgaon Sec 1XX and upcoming D-Eway, Good Gentry with a lot of retired defense personnel, DSOI Club, Less noisy compared to other areas, Devi Lal Park around in Sec 23.

Cons- Part of old GGN (in some people's mind its a -ve), Connectivity is not direct with NH8 - its around 3-4 kms inside.

I think there is existing thread on this topic as well. If you search you will find it.

Good Luck!
    Last edited March 31 2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gprx100 View Post
      Hi fellow IREF members, I am interested in soliciting your input and views on the general accessibility, safety, quality and general "livability" of Palam Vihar.

I am aware that Palam Vihar was considered on of the posh and sought after localities 10 years back, but a lot has changed since then. I am evaluating purchasing land around Palam Vihar and comparable areas in Gurgaon to build a house. I am also interested in comparing the difference of living south of NH8 vs North of NH8 and the possibilities of connectivity with Metro etc.

Thanks in advance.
      Hi,

I am living in PV for the last 5 years, here are my point of view :

1. pros :
      - well maintained, peacefull and green place
      - hospitals/schools/Mall/ATMs all are easily available within 1 km
      - connected to delhi via kapashera and najafgarh
      - Near to dwarks
      - near to upcoming Dway
      - new metro will go through it and also there will be a metro startion
      - rates are good compare to dlf. (80k - 100k per sq yard)
      2. Cros :
      - it is not connected to NH8 directly but current connectivity is fine
      - rents are very high, if you are going to be owner than it is good for you.
      - there is market PVK(palam vyapar kendra) that is not enough for this big place
      - no office place/space....you will have to travell 5-6 km daily from here if ur office is in DLF.

From living point of view very good place, i will recommend it anyday

Comment

Thanks lovehate and vsheokeen for your detailed responses.

I remember visiting PV a couple of years ago and still saw lots of plots lying barren, is that still the case (I dont reside in India currently and visit NCR one a year or so)?

Also I read of several cases of robbery/mugging etc. around PV, I am aware that NCR in general is pretty bad w.r.t crime and safety ( I grew up in S Delhi). D0 you think PV is any worse or better that other well known parts of GGN?

Thanks again.

Comment

Security

I dont think security situation in PV is any worse than rest of Gurgaon. MG Road, the most busy place in Gurgaon has earned the reputation and is the most notorious place for chain snatching, pub fights, road rage and rapes.

Palam Vihar has seen consistent rise in people living and thus reduction in empty plots. I agree still a good number of plots are vacant but recently Ansals have cleaned all the vacant plots and leveled the surface as well.

You must visit the area yourself before investing any hard earned money and also do required DD before buying any property, be it PV or DLF or any other area. Seeing is believing .....

Good Luck whatever you decide!

Comment

Agree to the above .

Security situation all over GGN is more or less quite similar . 19-20 ka farak hain . We normally tend to associate all the ills of a region with the older part of the city .

A few friends live in Ansal's Plam Vihar & i do hear occasional cases of chain snatching, but i find the area decent enough to live . Staying in this area on rental ( if possible ) for a month or so & gauging the situation first hand will not be a bad idea . If this is not possible, do make it a point to visit the area & spend a good amount of time there before buying .

My POV, others could differ .
            Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

I agree with all the points above.
              Crime is as prevalent as everywhere else in Gurgaon. If your work takes you to Udyog Vihar, this is the best place to live in. Sector 23 and Palam Vyapar Kendra markets are decent for most shopping needs. If you prefer gated communities, there is Ansals Celebrity Homes(apartments and row houses),Cosmos Apartments (having terrible construction quality) and Park View Residency(big flats, new construction)
              For sports, there are lots of open spaces with tennis academies etc. Devi lal park is great for cricket and for that morning walk. Luckily, the few drinking vends in this area are not really very popular with the locals as is the case with MG Road. So the women folk have a relatively safer time here. On the flip side, car jacking and chain snatching is common.
              Ansal Plaza has Reliance Fresh/Mart/Trends plus a multiplex.
              Metro connectivity sucks as of now. If you need to use the metro, stay away (I won't believe a metro is coming here till i see some pillars )

Comment

Palam Vihar in itself is a very good place to stay. Basic necesities are all nearby. Well planned, green and with decent people around.

Agree to what Lovehate, Vs.. said already

However, there are two major issues, depending on your personal position, it may or may not be so important.

1. Safety: The are is not densely populated and it is unsafe compare to well settled sectors. Specially, traveling from sector 22 chowk to Palam Vihar after dark for ladies is risky in one word.

2. Transportation : If you are not driving, traveling from sector 22 chowk to Palam Vihar is a headache. I believe it had improved over the ages but still it is not convenient.

I stayed in sector 22 (near the market) for long time in early 2000 and used to go to Palam Vihar for ATM, doctor, Gas, etc.

I loved the place but I value sense of safety more. We had day light robbery in sector 22 too but we heard too many cases of theft in Palam Vihar.

My feedback is based on 5-6 years old impression, it may have improved dramatically now ... however, I doubt so.

Comment

One of my relatives reside in Sector 23A that adjoins Palam Vihar. I first visited the area in 1997 when sectors around Palam Vihar and Palam Vihar itself were developing. I visit the area once in a year and I can see that the area has undergone huge transformation during the last 15 years. I like Palam Vihar due to its planned development and good gentry; its more organised and green than DLF, Sushant Lok. Population is quite densed but still one feels a sense of spaciousness.

In addition to Palam Vyapar Kendra and small markets, there is an Ansal Plaza, which is quite a big mall in Palam Vihar.

Security is an issue but its not specific to PV.

Presently, PV is closer to Delhi than other parts of Gurgaon. Further road connectivities and metro link have already been planned and will definitely materialise.
                  Last edited April 1 2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the information, I plan to visit GGN in June, I will update this thread with details when I do.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X