Hello Everyone,

Am new to this forum, so please excuse me if there is any offence to the forum rules. Am deciding to buy a 2nd Floor (with Roof rights) from a private builder in Sec 51. Need considerations from all of you for:

a) what all documentation needs to be obtained from the Builder and from other floor owners (1st floor and 2nd Floor) to make sure that I will have all the relevant rights to the roof.
b) Does the 'buyer' himself need to be present at the time of registry or can a parent/relative complete the buying formalities on behalf of the 'buyer' with HUDA + builder/seller?

Regards
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any suggestions anyone?
    CommentQuote
  • 2) The sellers presence is necessary at the time of registry and the buyer can send his confident person.
    CommentQuote
  • First of all how big is the floor because there are certain rules about getting registry on the floors in Haryana. Second, make sure everything is clearly stated about the common areas and roof usage by other neighbors of 1st and 2nd floors. Third, make sure that the buy/sale chain from previous buyers and sellers are correctly executed in the government offices. Also, look for the completion certificate - no CC means something could be wrong or not correctly done.

Yes, seller has to be there at the time of execution.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djvjain
    First of all how big is the floor because there are certain rules about getting registry on the floors in Haryana. Second, make sure everything is clearly stated about the common areas and roof usage by other neighbors of 1st and 2nd floors. Third, make sure that the buy/sale chain from previous buyers and sellers are correctly executed in the government offices. Also, look for the completion certificate - no CC means something could be wrong or not correctly done.

Yes, seller has to be there at the time of execution.

Thanks both of you for the information. The plot size is 250 sqyds (the minimum I believe is 180 for individual floors).

The builder has proposed to me that he will provide me an affidavit by all other three parties (Builder, 1st floor and 2nd floor owners) stating that they do not have any rights and objections whatsoever ,with me deciding to build/sell the roof, as and when, HUDA approves construction rights on 3rd floor. These affidavits (as per builder) will be attached with the registry papers of each of individual floors so in case of the owners selling the affidavit will be transferred along with registry to the new owners and will stand true in all cases. I need to confirm if that will be the case.

I will definitely go back and check the completion certificate.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think that you need an affidavit as long as you own the roof rights and the previous seller also did.

I am not sure when HUDA would approve 3rd floor construction, but it is going to be a while for sure.

Originally Posted by mendi1978
    Thanks both of you for the information. The plot size is 250 sqyds (the minimum I believe is 180 for individual floors).

The builder has proposed to me that he will provide me an affidavit by all other three parties (Builder, 1st floor and 2nd floor owners) stating that they do not have any rights and objections whatsoever ,with me deciding to build/sell the roof, as and when, HUDA approves construction rights on 3rd floor. These affidavits (as per builder) will be attached with the registry papers of each of individual floors so in case of the owners selling the affidavit will be transferred along with registry to the new owners and will stand true in all cases. I need to confirm if that will be the case.

I will definitely go back and check the completion certificate.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • which project and if possible how much you are paying
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote