Where is the max growth of money, builder apartments or plots?
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Plots
    CommentQuote
  • Plots have historically given better returns, especially in longer run, but with decent to excellent gated apartment communities coming up in recent times, apartments too have been giving somewhat decent/ attractive returns .

..........but if u have the money to buy a plot, nothing to beat that ( u would probably need a good amount of colored money for investing in a plot ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vikramk
    Where is the max groth of money builder appt aur plots?

Might sound corny or preachy to say the least. But if you have enough money to sustain through your retirement , invest in improving your skill sets, learn new things, travel around the world, get better heath care, put that money in your kids education NOW ( rather than 5 years later)..

these are the best investments a man can do. yeah right. invest in some acropolis heights 3 BHK - 60 lacs today and 2 crores 5 years on. sure. You will be 5 years older and not sure you will be alive.

Invest your money and energies where you and your loved ones enjoy now.
    CommentQuote
    Where is the max groth of money builder appt aur plots?

Plots hands-down.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tulips
    Might sound corny or preachy to say the least. But if you have enough money to sustain through your retirement , invest in improving your skill sets, learn new things, travel around the world, get better heath care, put that money in your kids education NOW ( rather than 5 years later)..

these are the best investments a man can do. yeah right. invest in some acropolis heights 3 BHK - 60 lacs today and 2 crores 5 years on. sure. You will be 5 years older and not sure you will be alive.

Invest your money and energies where you and your loved ones enjoy now.

Great post. It made me think am I doing right? I'm compromising on investing in my current business and ain't learning anything new by investing money.. although my business is not a physical (like motor parts) one but still there are ways to invest and get money multiple times.

But as always there is a risk and in real estate we always think that whatever we buy today going to give us a safe investment and returns will be always good so I'm in a mode where I make money in my stream line business and then sending entire block to real estate. May be I'm doing wrong.. as I have been thinking it since past few months that should I keep investing in RE or should I also widen my business and invest in it. Your post again made me think if I'm doing it all wrong.. thats the irony of life
    CommentQuote
  • It's not that black and white. It depends which location and at what price.

If you're talking about GGN old sectors - plots may be better choice. But GGN new sectors where rates are touching sky - not sure that it's obvious to go for plots.

In plot 100% investment is in land whereas in flat -investment in land is in partial. Balance is in building material and labour cost.

So if property prices are at peak (I guess, which is the case now) and you invest in land - any downturn will hit very hard - as 100% investment will move downward. In case of plot, it'll not come down so drastically becuase material and labour cost will alwasy move with inflation.

10 Years ago - when plots were availalbe 5 to 8 K per sq. yard and flat 2K sq ft, it was obvious choice to go for plot.

But now - I don't think its so obvious.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manoja
    plots have historically given better returns, especially in longer run, but with decent to excellent gated apartment communities coming up in recent times, apartments too have been giving somewhat decent/ attractive returns .

..........but if u have the money to buy a plot, nothing to beat that ( u would probably need a good amount of colored money for investing in a plot ) .

yaa thanx for thr feed back
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dheer
    great post. It made me think am i doing right? I'm compromising on investing in my current business and ain't learning anything new by investing money.. Although my business is not a physical (like motor parts) one but still there are ways to invest and get money multiple times.

But as always there is a risk and in real estate we always think that whatever we buy today going to give us a safe investment and returns will be always good so i'm in a mode where i make money in my stream line business and then sending entire block to real estate. May be i'm doing wrong.. As i have been thinking it since past few months that should i keep investing in re or should i also widen my business and invest in it. Your post again made me think if i'm doing it all wrong.. Thats the irony of life

yeaah i agree too , in plots ur 60% on safer side than in re to have loss
    CommentQuote
    yeaah i agree too , in plots ur 60% on safer side than in re to have loss

Kya Bol rahe ho Bhaiyyaa ... Yehan baat kuchh ho rahi hai aur tum kuchh aur ...
    CommentQuote