I just noticed the DLF website for Regal Gardens project is saying "Nominations Open on receipt of 30% of total price"

Anyone know what does it mean?
Read more
48 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I presume it means that u can sell ur property after making the 30% payment....
    CommentQuote
  • If nomination opn means transfer can be done then......
    reducing the same from 1yr (as in nth) to 6 months def means they are trying desperately to get investors who would have stayed away from the project because of their old 1 yr lock in clause.

Looks like a lot of inventory left with DLF and a case of trying to be competitive with others on this front :)
    CommentQuote
  • Have never seen such desperate scouting for customers by dlf. There also used to be a time when their applications towards original booking used to get oversubscribed / used to get overwhelming response but now their forbidden acts have turned the table on them. After Belaire episode , everyone knows that this developer is fond of adopting to unfair trade practices and also in need of funds to pay off it's huge debt , decisions taken by it's ancillary co.;dlf property management who maintain dlf properties on purely profit basis business model has been facing heat from dlf residents located in phase V for taking decisions arbitarily.I am sure a person residing in dlf property only knows best what it takes to be a residing in dlf apartments.Quality of construction is such that there is no cement on the walls , curtain rods keep falling , the deveoper has used sub standard construction material.Even after writing to Rajiv Singh and his subordinates they have turned deaf ears and seems one day some one would drag dlf to the court on cheating , risking the lives of people and other relevant sections of the IPC.Who would willingly like to commit a mistake.As an end user , i feel except location , there's nothing great about dlf properties.I am eagerly waiting for the other niche elite developers to raise their flag as and when their projects become liveable on Golf Course Extension Road.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vineetm
    Have never seen such desperate scouting for customers by dlf. There also used to be a time when their applications towards original booking used to get oversubscribed / used to get overwhelming response but now their forbidden acts have turned the table on them. After Belaire episode , everyone knows that this developer is fond of adopting to unfair trade practices and also in need of funds to pay off it's huge debt , decisions taken by it's ancillary co.;dlf property management who maintain dlf properties on purely profit basis business model has been facing heat from dlf residents located in phase V for taking decisions arbitarily.I am sure a person residing in dlf property only knows best what it takes to be a residing in dlf apartments.Quality of construction is such that there is no cement on the walls , curtain rods keep falling , the deveoper has used sub standard construction material.Even after writing to Rajiv Singh and his subordinates they have turned deaf ears and seems one day some one would drag dlf to the court on cheating , risking the lives of people and other relevant sections of the IPC.Who would willingly like to commit a mistake.As an end user , i feel except location , there's nothing great about dlf properties.I am eagerly waiting for the other niche elite developers to raise their flag as and when their projects become liveable on Golf Course Extension Road.

So finally DLF is rediscovering their real state (estate)...good to hear!!
    CommentQuote
  • No wonder they are having a hard time selling these. For the location, they have simply priced these apartments, way tooo high. And gone are the days when their investors would blindly go and buy stuff at whatever prices they were offered.
    Smarter investors = hard times for developers
    CommentQuote
  • For investment perspective DLF NH-8 80x and 90x is very good area.
    In future new Gurgaon NH-8 area will also be called as DLF Area because of DLF 450-acre township in new Gurgaon will be spread over sectors 82,86, 87, 90, 91 and 92 (new Gurgaon), and will comprise of group housing, commercial and plotted development.

DLF to launch 450-acre township in Gurgaon; may invest Rs 8,000 cr - Economic Times
    CommentQuote
  • i would suggest not to go with DLF and construction quality is poor now. they are just using their old brand name.you may want to research other developers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandynew
    For investment perspective DLF NH-8 80x and 90x is very good area.
    In future new Gurgaon NH-8 area will also be called as DLF Area because of DLF 450-acre township in new Gurgaon will be spread over sectors 82,86, 87, 90, 91 and 92 (new Gurgaon), and will comprise of group housing, commercial and plotted development.

DLF to launch 450-acre township in Gurgaon; may invest Rs 8,000 cr - Economic Times

Dear sandy,

Where do you think DLF is going to get another 8000 Cr.....they can't pay their existing loans of 24000 Cr.....just got kicked out of SENSEX....which means selling stocks will also fetch lesser and lesser everyday.....do you really feel that someone can develop 6 sectors with buyer's/investors bank loan linked payments?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pankajiaf
    Dear sandy,

Where do you think DLF is going to get another 8000 Cr.....they can't pay their existing loans of 24000 Cr.....just got kicked out of SENSEX....which means selling stocks will also fetch lesser and lesser everyday.....do you really feel that someone can develop 6 sectors with buyer's/investors bank loan linked payments?

First let me be very clear, I am no DLF fan. I have been hurt in the past at the hands of DLF and I am very wary of them now. Having said that, to address the point raised by you, that DLF cant come up with 8000 CR to develop New Gurgaon. You have to remember that there is an immense land bank available to DLF that can be sold off to raise money for various activities. Its only their want to keep acquiring new land, rather than focusing on finishing current projects, that has caused this problem. Don't forget they happen to be one of the oldest and biggest players over here. They might face some heavy music in the coming times, but they are not even close to packing up and leaving.

But I do agree the golden era for DLF, wherein ppl would blindly go and invest in whatever they came out with, is over. Customer is smart now, and knows how to spot a bad deal. There are mediums like IREF available to them to discuss a project in detail, from different POV's before investing his hard earned money.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Whatever land banks DLF sells or whatever money they will get from new project launches, it will still barely cover their massive debt servicing. How will they ever have money left over to build ??

Originally Posted by quixotic
    First let me be very clear, I am no DLF fan. I have been hurt in the past at the hands of DLF and I am very wary of them now. Having said that, to address the point raised by you, that DLF cant come up with 8000 CR to develop New Gurgaon. You have to remember that there is an immense land bank available to DLF that can be sold off to raise money for various activities. Its only their want to keep acquiring new land, rather than focusing on finishing current projects, that has caused this problem. Don't forget they happen to be one of the oldest and biggest players over here. They might face some heavy music in the coming times, but they are not even close to packing up and leaving.

But I do agree the golden era for DLF, wherein ppl would blindly go and invest in whatever they came out with, is over. Customer is smart now, and knows how to spot a bad deal. There are mediums like IREF available to them to discuss a project in detail, from different POV's before investing his hard earned money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sh-saxena
    Whatever land banks DLF sells or whatever money they will get from new project launches, it will still barely cover their massive debt servicing. How will they ever have money left over to build ??

If what you say were true, then how did they ever finish New Town Heights, let me assure you, they were very much in debt when that project was launched, and right now it does stand nearing completion. Interestingly, I believe NTH was completed at a decent pace as well (4years or so - correct me if I am wrong). Besides this, DLF has also managed to offer possession for Belaire, and Park Place as well. (I know it took forever to complete these, but as of now they stand as RTM)

In summation, all I am saying is that DLF may not be the best bet in the current scenario, but it is far from going under (A lot of people on the forum seem to be implying that)

If you still believe, DLF has no future and is going down, then by all means DO NOT INVEST with DLF. To each his own.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. saxena you can check on below sites how much land banks DLF has.
    DLF land bank of around 350 million sq ft across the country approx 10,255 acres: DLF
    DLF faces its year of reckoning
    Land bank is approx 10,255 acres: DLF -

Originally Posted by sh-saxena
    Whatever land banks DLF sells or whatever money they will get from new project launches, it will still barely cover their massive debt servicing. How will they ever have money left over to build ??
    CommentQuote
  • Oh, I forgot to add, DLF has managed to find some spare change to sponsor IPL as well :)
    CommentQuote
  • Guys can you believe... DLF regal gardens in sector 90 is priced at 5000 bsp plus the plc's are obnoxiously high at 10, 17.5 & 25% of the BSP. Almost all the appartments will attract a PLC by virtue of its design.. and most of them will attract the higher bands of 17.5 & 25% bsp.. which is around 1000 to Rs 1250/sft... something like 20Lac extra money...
    Why would any one buy a flat in sector 90 paying 6250/- per sft when one can get a decent builder on golf course extension..
    CommentQuote