Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anybody Know About Infrastructure Woes in Gurgaon?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Does Anybody Know About Infrastructure Woes in Gurgaon?

Last updated: December 23 2009
16 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Does Anybody Know About Infrastructure Woes in Gurgaon?

Two options: Leave the country. Or wait for 50 years to see a difference.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Sure ! What a solution, this apathy and acceptance of mediocrity is whats so unique to our lot . Recently , after Diwali KEB was at its load shedding best when my spouse picked up the and gave the JE an earful, the next five minutes the power was back . Rather than asking citizens to leave the country dont you think its more sensible to get together and STOP ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY !!!!!!!

Comment

I am practical. I dont expect 10 million Delhiwalas to change just to oblige me.

I myself stay here, having chosen not to migrate out despite having had the choice. Its my country, you see.

You may not accept mediocrity, but your countrymen will. Change will take time and will be slow (especially with sotic Congress in charge)

The second option of 50 years for a measurable change is always there :-)

Comment

Agree with venkytalks...

I believe letting the britishers go was not a good idea at all!

Look at the following work done by British:
          1. Township planning of Lutyens delhi!
          2. The extensive railway network laid down across the country
          3. All the major towns have underground sewer and water distribution lines created by British
          4. The Kolkata Metro and tramways..
          5. In most big cities the most posh colonies are the ones designed by British town planning experts
          6. Everyone will agree that the India as a country is run by administrative services cadre like IAS, IFS, IES etc. the standards of working bureucracy was designed and implemented by Britishers which has worked quite well even after such a long time

Ah! look at Hongkong and other british owned areas to get an idea of what India could have been under british.

As regards freedom.. Most indian "general category" people would rather be discriminated against by britsh executives rather than indian political system which does absolutely nothing for the middle class citizens...

Comment

Amit, you may have stated facts.

But remember, a rat may have a beautiful cage with all the food, exercise cycle and a mate provided to it. It will still try to escape into a sewer where it can roam free.

That is the magic of freedom and I would rather have freedom than a beautiful city.

PRoblem is, we as a country are also weak. Countries like China and Pakistan are out to try to destroy it and take away our freedom.

The dirty and dysfunctional cities are a symptom of a deeper disease of non-performing governance. China is busy encouraging Mao terrorists to destabilise and destroy.

Stupidity in one area is indicative of stupidity in other areas - that is my fear.

Comment

Short term gain w.r.t to Money is the only thing that we Indian understand because may be tommorrow we may not get a chance ...
              and that cause a stress on the system or may be no system at all .

That is the plight of the Whole nation .

Comment

Originally posted by gaurav1979gupta View Post
                Short term gain w.r.t to Money is the only thing that we Indian understand because may be tommorrow we may not get a chance ...
                and that cause a stress on the system or may be no system at all .

That is the plight of the Whole nation .
                what are the neo gandhis doing.....? What happens to Sonia's italian experience or is it true she never sees outside her air conditioned car or if she does see out of it....she could not care less as long as Rahul in the name only Gandhi gets to keep power in delhi in couple of years...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X