Attn: Buyers of ‘The HIBISCUS’ under construction at Sector 50, Gurgaon, Haryana.

‘Hibiscus Apartment Buyers Welfare Association' (HABWA), a Registered and Voluntary Association under the Societies Reg. Act, 1860 (Nr. DR/GGN/192 of 2009-10), was formed to protect & preserve the collective interests of Buyers in the HIBISCUS premium condominium project being developed by M/s S.S. Group (North Star Apartments Pvt. Ltd) and originally marketed & project managed by M/s. Silverglades Developers Pvt. Ltd.

With its vast and growing high-profile member base, HABWA's goal is to collectively address a number of very serious and critical issues with the said Builder. We hope towards project completion early to the standards & specifications originally promised to us.

If you are an existing Buyer refer to the attached Notice and contact us to learn more.
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Many thanks for sharing...
    This document could also provide guidelines to the owners of other delayed projects where the builder has taken the owners for a ride.

I think collective fight for one's right can definitely pose a strong deterrent to builder community for harrasing the owners....

BlessU Bhai,

32 more recipes for your "Homes from Hell"

Originally Posted by habwaindia
    Attn: Buyers of ‘The HIBISCUS’ under construction at Sector 50, Gurgaon, Haryana.

‘Hibiscus Apartment Buyers Welfare Association' (HABWA), a Registered and Voluntary Association under the Societies Reg. Act, 1860 (Nr. DR/GGN/192 of 2009-10), was formed to protect & preserve the collective interests of Buyers in the HIBISCUS premium condominium project being developed by M/s S.S. Group (North Star Apartments Pvt. Ltd) and originally marketed & project managed by M/s. Silverglades Developers Pvt. Ltd.

With its vast and growing high-profile member base, HABWA's goal is to collectively address a number of very serious and critical issues with the said Builder. We hope towards project completion early to the standards & specifications originally promised to us.

If you are an existing Buyer refer to the attached Notice and contact us to learn more.
    CommentQuote
  • great piece of work!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Negative Publicity

Dear HABWA,

I read your legal notice.

I am also one of the Investors / Unit Holder in HIBISCUS - SEC 50, Project and as concerned about the completion of the project, as your members are.

However, putting up a legal notice on a Public Forum is not the best way to deal with the situation.

Whatever may be the case, as HIBISCUS OWNERS, its our duty to protect the project from NEGATIVE PUBLICITY.

It will hurt all of us, including the Builder in the Long- Run.

Let's all agree, that the project is now almost nearing completion, and even with some delays, we should get possession, by end of 2012.

Contrast, this with so called reputed builders like DLF / UNITECH etc, who have also delayed the projects by 3 -5 years.

Hence, in short, keep these things, between HABWA and SS GROUP.

I am not taking side of builder.

Just stating, that such strong arm tactics, have never delivered results, unless you are willing to fight it out in the courts or competition commission.

New Investors, in the project are getting wrong message, that there is some legal problem with project, and refusing to invest. I am sure this is NOT what you want, as it affects the RESALE PRICE of the project.

Be logical, And look at positives. The project is likely to be one of the BEST COMMUNITY LIVING projects in GURGAON.

Let's all make it a DREAM PLACE to LIVE.

CommentQuote
  • Sir,

May be u r right, but atleast this is an excellent example of Unity of buyers and their level of awareness of rights & communication among each others.
    This is an example for others. I am looking at positive aspect.
    In most of the project most buyers dont communicate and nor they have any formal association to protect their interest.

Sorry , I dont own a unit in the said project, but this inspires me to unit and fight builders if there is any thing unjust.
    CommentQuote
  • RAMRATAN74 - Though I do understand your POV, I do not completely completely with your reasoning and the pros/cons of such a post.

I infact like what habwaindia posted. Such initiatives help the users/investors informed of what is happening with which builder. A new investor/buyer would want to have as much info as possible before putting his/her money and I find such updates on this forum very helpful. Frankly speaking, if you had not invested in Hibiscus, you would have found this information helpful (not that I was planning to invest with SS Group).

Also, if the builder is sincere, he would be careful in future, do a better job and try to avoid negative publicity which in the long run will be beneficial to investors/end users like yourself as well. One bad article in media and we see all state machinery ensuring solving the problem. It is power to the end user like yourself.

The objective of the forum is to provide factual information to members, have variety of opinions to help look at different facets of a project and reduce information arbitrage so that builders/brokers dont take the investors/buyers for a ride.

Originally Posted by RAMRATAN74
    Dear HABWA,

I read your legal notice.

I am also one of the Investors / Unit Holder in HIBISCUS - SEC 50, Project and as concerned about the completion of the project, as your members are.

However, putting up a legal notice on a Public Forum is not the best way to deal with the situation.

Whatever may be the case, as HIBISCUS OWNERS, its our duty to protect the project from NEGATIVE PUBLICITY.

It will hurt all of us, including the Builder in the Long- Run.

Let's all agree, that the project is now almost nearing completion, and even with some delays, we should get possession, by end of 2012.

Contrast, this with so called reputed builders like DLF / UNITECH etc, who have also delayed the projects by 3 -5 years.

Hence, in short, keep these things, between HABWA and SS GROUP.

I am not taking side of builder.

Just stating, that such strong arm tactics, have never delivered results, unless you are willing to fight it out in the courts or competition commission.

New Investors, in the project are getting wrong message, that there is some legal problem with project, and refusing to invest. I am sure this is NOT what you want, as it affects the RESALE PRICE of the project.

Be logical, And look at positives. The project is likely to be one of the BEST COMMUNITY LIVING projects in GURGAON.

Let's all make it a DREAM PLACE to LIVE.
    CommentQuote
  • Lets Be Practical

Dear Forum Members,

Let me have one example where an Activism of the kind shown by HABWA has lead to Builder learning his lessons and people reusing to invest in projects by that builder.

DLF: After Media publicity of Competition commission order against DLF for BELAIRE case, how many people do you know have refused to invest in their NEW GURGAON Project?

UNITECH: The problems the group is facing in its Greater Noida Project were aired on prime time, news Channel, and still there is no dearth of people queuing up for buying in SC-2.

CENTRAL PARK 1 : The problem of charging for CLUB facilities got so much publicity, and yet CP 2 is selling like hot cakes at INR 7,000 Sq. Ft. +

RAHEJA ATLANTIS : The problems of maintenance and security were all over the place, and yet RAHEJA REVANTA is getting response.

Moral of the Story: Do not get carried away, by thinking that, negative publicity gets any builder to fall in line.

We are practical people. We know how many permissions, are required to build a simple house. In case of builders, a total of 50+ permissions are required.

To top it all, the HUDA is the real culprit in most cases. They take EDC / IDC but never invest for intended purpose. The quality of whatever small amount they invest is there for all to see.

how many have filed LEGAL CASE against HUDA?

GURGAON is whatever it is today, cos of the private builders, like DLF, UNITECH, ANSALS, etc. You cannot take away credit from them.

NOIDA / GREATER NOIDA are all having great infrastructure. But most new apartments are lying vacant.

In contrast, GURGAON is well occupied.

We should be the flag bearers of a great MODEL CITY. And for that, we need to resolve our differences, in a practical and amicable way.

Not by threats,

Not by fighting in Public.

Thanks for your patience.

RAM
    CommentQuote
  • Lets be informed (and practical)

To make it more clear, my point was not on publicity being a tool to get builders in line.

I will reiterate my point -

"Risk taking capacity of each buyer/investor is different and each buyer/investor would want to know what he is getting into before investment. Information (and I am not saying publicity) is important before taking such a decision."
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Greetings

High time we have a regulator in place to reign down day light robbery, deceit and cheating by Greedy builders..

I can guarantee if this builder could exist in any business in UK, USA, Europe, Japan or even China, had he even tried of doing anything even remotely similar to what he is subjecting the subscribers to. Probably in UAE/Saudi he would be behind bars by now or maimed.

Ram Ratan ji, negative publicity of builders doesnt effect the future of the housing project and one should not be week kneed not to voice ones opinion. Practicality of the situation means that one should go for a continuous development and progressive dialogue only upto a level. Where things are delayed by more than one year of the promised time of execution of service agreement it is wise to take necessary legal course of action lest one repents for not having done so latter on.

Such approach being suggested by you is not only living in self deception but also derisive in nature.

The subscribers should not only go to court when the project has been inordinately delayed but also take criminal action through multiple FIRs against the stupid builder and take the matter to press and court..

We need a strong character here and not a pussy cat attitude.

My personal experience with two such builders is very positive and family members of the stupid builder are behind bars.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by habwaindia

Hi
    Greetings

Clearly, its administration and Mr Bhupinder Singh Hooda led congress I governments absolute failure at controlling such Rouge Cowboy Builders. It is actually a deplorable situation that Administration is sitting quiet and ordinary citizens have to take matters to court, media and public protests..

This is not happening only in GGN but all across Haryana where Builders in Cohoots with COngress I backed builders are screwing investors without delivering beyond 5yrs!!

This is not the builders failure I would say but failure of STP enforcement, DTCP, Financial controller and the DC of Gurgaon for not having looked into day light robbery being committed by builders.

Heres one example of abject hypocracy by one of the senior bureaucrats in Hooda Govt clearly washing his hands of his responsibilities quoting a totally an irrelevant court verdict. CJ Seema battles builders for her dream home - Video: CJ.IBNLive.com

Had DTCP and STP enforcement made acurate and objective audit observations and had conducted according to the licensing conditions, the builder would not have dared to deceive.

High time heavy penalties apart from cancellation of licenses be imposed on such builders.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • HIBISCUS related notification in the newspapers

HABWA has issued the attached adverts in leading Indian newspapers to reach out to Buyers in the HIBISCUS, under construction at Sector-50, Gurgaon (HR):

Times of India (Times Property), Issue dt. 12-May2012, Page 03

Hindustan Times (HT Estates), Issue dt. 12-May2012, Page 07

CommentQuote
  • HABWA is now on Facebook

Please visit the HABWA page on Facebook.

Sign-in to Facebook and search for habwa.india

or type the Facebook url followed by /habwa.india
    CommentQuote
  • Updates:

Had A site visit to HIBISCUS Sector 50.

The entire LandScape is now looking marvelous.

Just hoping that they finish the work by SEPT 2012 and we could move in by NOV 2012.

All potential GURGAON REAL ESTATE investors, looking for a High-end Lux RTM, should have a look at it.
    CommentQuote
  • Attn: Buyers of 'The HIBISCUS', Sec-50, Gurgaon

Originally Posted by RAMRATAN74
    Updates:

Had A site visit to HIBISCUS Sector 50.

The entire LandScape is now looking marvelous.

Just hoping that they finish the work by SEPT 2012 and we could move in by NOV 2012.

All potential GURGAON REAL ESTATE investors, looking for a High-end Lux RTM, should have a look at it.

I just came across this thread while browsing.
    With all due respect to RAMRATAN74- I couldn't help be amused at your comments. I have been visiting the site almost every month for the last 6 years. If you think the project is going to be ready by September this year, you are either very naive my friend or your motive for posting these messages here is suspect.

Completing a couple of buildings, sprucing up some of the landscaping, and showcasing a couple of flats is not the definition of completion. A massive amount of work still remains in several buildings and the site in general. It will still take quite some time before everything is finished and the complex is livable.

Further, the builder is extracting more money out of us under the guise of massive Super Area increase; not paying delay penalty etc.
    If you do a close inspection of the flats and buildings you will see some major issues in the quality of construction- I am taking about crooked columns, walls that are not aligned or straight, shoddy plastering work, etc.

The builder has also misled the owners into thinking the landscaping is by M. Paul Friedberg of New York. The landscaping is a joke and a khichidi to say the least. Mr. Friedberg would probably sue the builder if he came to know they completely changed his designs, but use his name in all marketing to fool people.

The owners should not give up and must engaged in builder in a united manner. There is no need to fear them or feel they are doing us a favour. That's the only way this project will get done and we'll hopefully get something closer to what was promised to us.

Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mrcitizen
    With all due respect to RAMRATAN74- I couldn't help be amused at your comments. I have been visiting the site almost every month for the last 6 years. If you think the project is going to be ready by September this year, you are either very naive my friend or your motive for posting these messages here is suspect.

Completing a couple of buildings, sprucing up some of the landscaping, and showcasing a couple of flats is not the definition of completion. A massive amount of work still remains in several buildings and the site in general. It will still take quite some time before everything is finished and the complex is livable.

Further, the builder is extracting more money out of us under the guise of massive Super Area increase; not paying delay penalty etc.
    If you do a close inspection of the flats and buildings you will see some major issues in the quality of construction- I am taking about crooked columns, walls that are not aligned or straight, shoddy plastering work, etc.

The builder has also misled the owners into thinking the landscaping is by M. Paul Friedberg of New York. The landscaping is a joke and a khichidi to say the least. Mr. Friedberg would probably sue the builder if he came to know they completely changed his designs, but use his name in all marketing to fool people.

The owners should not give up and must engaged in builder in a united manner. There is no need to fear them or feel they are doing us a favour. That's the only way this project will get done and we'll hopefully get something closer to what was promised to us.

Cheers!

dear MrCitizen,

As someone who booked his dream apartment in SEPT 2007, and waiting, my only motive behind the post, is to get perspective from other potential people like you who invested In this project.

And to that extent, I liked your detailed reply. Thanks for the same.

May be cos my expectations from this builder are LOW, after exit of Silverglades, I am like Happy at seeing the work nearing completion.

When you talk of Delays, every large builder, incl well -known names like: DLF, UNITECH, PARSHVANATH are guilty. So I will excuse SS Group.

Interest payments on delayed apartments, are part of contract. I do not think, they can wriggle out of it.

Increasing the SUPER AREA to get some more money, is a INDUSTRY WIDE problem.

We faced similar problem in a EROS CORPORATE PARK at MANESAR.

All in All, I agree with you that it may not be livable for another Year.

however, then you look around, and find that people are putting Crores, in GCX projects, which is 5 years away, and you begin to feel a little better.

Do you agree?

:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mrcitizen

Cheers!

Mrcitizenjee!!

The person who you are reassuring so that he doesnt be fearful of them.. Is in all probabilty a part of "them" only.

Otherwise he wouldnt go on each and every thread ( whether relevant or irelevant ) and market the project in a poor and distateful fashion, which amongst other things displays clear vested interests.. maybe a couple of thousand rupees a month from SS group :D Just my POV.. hahaha!!
    CommentQuote