Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

Last updated: June 19 2012
7 | Posts
2533 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

    Hi,

    I have given cheque for a prelaunch in GGN.
    that cheque is about to encashed after 15 days and nothing has been done yet.

    Now I am thinking to cancel my booking as that pre-launch doesn't seem the right decision to me.

    Should I simply stop payment of my cheque from bank.
    Or I need to ask my dealer to return my cheque.

    which way is fine. Please suggest.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

    If not willing.... stop payment of the cheque from your end 1st and then let your broker know about this.
    Thanks

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

      Yes, stop payment is okay

      I had done same earlier with one property.

      only thing you must send a letter to compnay saying you are no longer intereste and hence stopping payment

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

        Originally posted by damru121 View Post
        Hi,

        I have given cheque for a prelaunch in GGN.
        that cheque is about to encashed after 15 days and nothing has been done yet.

        Now I am thinking to cancel my booking as that pre-launch doesn't seem the right decision to me.

        Should I simply stop payment of my cheque from bank.
        Or I need to ask my dealer to return my cheque.

        which way is fine. Please suggest.
        yes stop the payment, builder will put the unit in cancelation,. btw which project was it?

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

          I have never tried a prelaunch project.Do brokers or builders need local or Delhi cheque or an outstation cheque can also work.
          Dil Jawan Hai To Jahan Hai

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

            Any project buddy. I will advise all people to cancel their bookings, if they can. Monsoon (correction) is coming in RE.

            People don't have money to buy cars, how can they buy flats...
            check this..

            Auto companies stop production as demand slump continues - The Times of India


            Originally posted by ravicfa View Post
            yes stop the payment, builder will put the unit in cancelation,. btw which project was it?

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

              I have heard that people give cheque from empty account in prelaunch - then wait for phone call from broker - then discuss price - and if interested only then they transfer money into the account.

              Has anyone done this? Does it work? Does the bounced cheque lead to problems later?

              Whats your experience?
              Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Should I Stop Cheque Payment or Ask a Refund?

                Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                I have heard that people give cheque from empty account in prelaunch - then wait for phone call from broker - then discuss price - and if interested only then they transfer money into the account.

                Has anyone done this? Does it work? Does the bounced cheque lead to problems later?

                Whats your experience?
                I guess in prelaunch, cheque is encased much before you are offered the particular Unit. and we are called later on after that, to get the preferred Unit as per priority...

                This happened in my case when I had booked in Vatika in pre launch.
                Thanks

                Comment

                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X