Last updated: February 5 2017
488 | Posts
82986 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unitech Exquisite Unitech Group Sector 71 Gurgaon

Hi,

Can someone advise about Unitech Exquisite project. I live outside of India and have been looking to make an investment..

While the psf rates at Golf Course and Golf Course Extension road are touching 8000-15000 levels, prices around Sohna road (close to proposed Southern periphery road) are still reasonable. Unitech Exquisite in Sector 71 is surrounded by some really good projects (like Espace Premiere, Alder Grove, Tata primanti, DLF Almaeda) and the prices are still ~ 6000-65000 psf . Primanti is expected to launch Phase II at around 8000 psf and purely in my personal opinion the floor layout in primanti is pretty poor with most rooms at 12*12 feet with no wardrobe space.

Unitech's reputation has taken a beating off late and to some extent thats reflected in the price too..i guess investing here may be a classic risk:reward decision

I am looking at a 5 year horizon ....more from long term investment perspective (no short term ambitions)..

This project was launched in June 2010 but Unitech didnt promote it heavily due to the problems with the group but offlate they have been promoting EspacePremiere and Exquisite heavily and some sort of construction has started...one can only hope that the dreaded 2 year phase is already over...

Can someone advise if its a good investment looking forward..
    Last edited December 30 2016, 01:00 PM.

Re : Unitech Exquisite Unitech Group Sector 71 Gurgaon

Originally posted by GurgaonBuyer View Post
    Hi,

Can someone advise about Unitech Exquisite project. I live outside of India and have been looking to make an investment..

While the psf rates at Golf Course and Golf Course Extension road are touching 8000-15000 levels, prices around Sohna road (close to proposed Southern periphery road) are still reasonable. Unitech Exquisite in Sector 71 is surrounded by some really good projects (like Espace Premiere, Alder Grove, Tata primanti, DLF Almaeda) and the prices are still ~ 6000-65000 psf . Primanti is expected to launch Phase II at around 8000 psf and purely in my personal opinion the floor layout in primanti is pretty poor with most rooms at 12*12 feet with no wardrobe space.

Unitech's reputation has taken a beating off late and to some extent thats reflected in the price too..i guess investing here may be a classic risk:reward decision

I am looking at a 5 year horizon ....more from long term investment perspective (no short term ambitions)..

This project was launched in June 2010 but Unitech didnt promote it heavily due to the problems with the group but offlate they have been promoting EspacePremiere and Exquisite heavily and some sort of construction has started...one can only hope that the dreaded 2 year phase is already over...

Can someone advise if its a good investment looking forward..
    I have visited the site multiple times, since i am invested in nirvana villas, and i can tell you that pace of construction is definitely good for equisite.

This is next to nirvana courtyard2, commercial hub by unitech. The good part is that appartment sizes are big, with surrounding consisting of villas. i personally believe that this is going to be high gentry area.

My personal view is that it will be good buy at the price. Take your call.

Comment

Hi,

I am also quite keen on this property, however not sure if original bookings are available. Pls also suggest about specifications of this projects and how comparable they are with others.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Gupta for your quick response. Much appreciated.

Also about the question about the specs raised by the other user, the specs are really good..actually better than Primanti and most rooms are of respectable size 13*15... the price is 6350 for flats and 6850 for penthouses..bookings directly with the builder are available..most east facing ones are sold out though (except on ground floor n all)...discounts of ~ 2.5% on BSP, PLC and Car Park are available..

There are only 6 planned towers with 13 floors in an 8 acre plot...so fairly open and spacious..

They initially launched Tower A1 and A2 and right now its J1 and J2 which are open...the last 2 towers are yet to be opened for booking..

My personal view is that Tata is charging a very high premium purely for its reputation for properties that are seriously comparable and I dont believe 30% is a fair premium to pay.though one can say with the uncertainty surrounding Unitech, Tata will be a safer bet and likely to be made available sooner

Other important factor to consider is that downside from a price of ~ 6000 psf which for some shocking reasons is nowadays at the lower end in GGN is limited..so despite being a luxury project future downside could be well contained
        Last edited July 8 2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

One additional point...I'm looking to buy a penthouse in Exquisite..

Are penthouses generally in demand in Gurgaon...most of the builders are charging a premium for a penthouse (in line with the trends in the western world)...though Im not sure due to the heat factor if this is what prospective buyers even consider to buy..

Just dont want to be stuck with a non-saleable investment...

Appreciate others views..

Comment

As per my understanding, it is advisable to opt for an apartment rather than a penthouse, it will remain a niche market for penthouse in Gurgaon RE and you will have to hold on your investment till the time a good offer is in your hands. Moreover, you should be able to liquidate it whenever you are in need of money so in this scenario you should opt for apartment to be on a safer side. you can look for a resale deal as compared to original booking..
            Overall, the project looks decent to me with only 6 towers and large open spaces, also the apartment sizes are good...
            As mentioned in your post if you are willing to hold it for around 5 years it will be a good decision..
            Strictly my POV, others views are welcome....

One additional point...I'm looking to buy a penthouse in Exquisite..

Are penthouses generally in demand in Gurgaon...most of the builders are charging a premium for a penthouse (in line with the trends in the western world)...though Im not sure due to the heat factor if this is what prospective buyers even consider to buy..

Just dont want to be stuck with a non-saleable investment...

Appreciate others views..
            Last edited July 8 2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by researching View Post
              As per my understanding, it is advisable to opt for an apartment rather than a penthouse, it will remain a niche market for penthouse in Gurgaon RE and you will have to hold on your investment till the time a good offer is in your hands. Moreover, you should be able to liquidate it whenever you are in need of money so in this scenario you should opt for apartment to be on a safer side. you can look for a resale deal as compared to original booking..
              Overall, the project looks decent to me with only 6 towers and large open spaces, also the apartment sizes are good...
              As mentioned in your post if you are willing to hold it for around 5 years it will be a good decision..
              Strictly my POV, others views are welcome....

I agree.

There are some ready to move in appartments available near GCX in range of around 6500 to 7000 psf directly from the developer. I feel, these are safer bets as one can actually see the structure.

Comment

what are the options at 6500-7500 on GCX??

Comment

Hi

After reading a number of other threads about Unitech projects its apparent that there's a lot of negativity around Unitech and it seems like they have a huge backlog of unfinished projects..one can assume that if they follow a sequential order then the new ones like Exquisite may take many more years to build..and while I'm happy to wait but not ready to put hard earned money down the drain..

Most of the threads are pretty old so not sure if situation has improved after Chandra's release..

Can someone share a view because this is the only factor left for our consideration before deciding to purchase (other options being Primanti, Almaeda etc.)

Appreciate someone's views on the latest state of affairs..

Comment

You can also look out Ireo - Victory Valley at GCX

Hi

After reading a number of other threads about Unitech projects its apparent that there's a lot of negativity around Unitech and it seems like they have a huge backlog of unfinished projects..one can assume that if they follow a sequential order then the new ones like Exquisite may take many more years to build..and while I'm happy to wait but not ready to put hard earned money down the drain..

Most of the threads are pretty old so not sure if situation has improved after Chandra's release..

Can someone share a view because this is the only factor left for our consideration before deciding to purchase (other options being Primanti, Almaeda etc.)

Appreciate someone's views on the latest state of affairs..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X