Hi,

Now that Tata Raisina is almost completing its project completion stage the obvious question as an investor which comes to mind is: Whether to sell it before registry or to retain it and put in on rent?

Regarding the two options I have my own opinions:
If we sale before registry I save on approx 8-12 Lacs on the registry.
Also the monthly maintanance might be a headache and expensive.
I was seeing listings on few real estate sites and saw the market demand as 9200-9500 which I think is decent enough considering I purchased it for 5500.

I've bought this as a pure investment, but you think in the years to come the appreciation will be as high as it now? Specially seeing the way new projects are coming up!

What is the rent from such a luxurious flat fitted with split AC, jacuzzi etc?

Also will I have to pay any transfer charges if I sell the property before getting the registry to Tata Housing?

Please advice and help as the date for completion is nearing. Seeing the way Tata Housing is living up to its name and construction activity, I'm guessing Nov or Dec 2012!
Read more
142 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chandraankur
    Hi,

Now that Tata Raisina is almost completing its project completion stage the obvious question as an investor which comes to mind is: Whether to sell it before registry or to retain it and put in on rent?

I was seeing listings on few real estate sites and saw the market demand as 9200-9500 which I think is decent enough considering I purchased it for 5500.

I've bought this as a pure investment, but you think in the years to come the appreciation will be as high as it now? Specially seeing the way new projects are coming up!

Also will I have to pay any transfer charges if I sell the property before getting the registry to Tata Housing?

Please advice and help as the date for completion is nearing. Seeing the way Tata Housing is living up to its name and construction activity, I'm guessing Nov or Dec 2012!

These sectors are the sectors nearest to Golf Course Road. With the Golf course road expansion contract awarded to ILFS, you will have a 16 lane road going all the way to Gurgaon Toll plaza which is signal free in next 21/2 to 3 years. With the Rapid metro Phase II contract bids being submitted, the Metro connectivity will be extended upto GCx junction . The Project for relaying of the entire GCx stretch of being approved & the Pipeline for getting water supply to these sectors also being proposed amongst Major Projects of HUDA, i believe the necessary infrastructure is in place.

Besides Ireo City, this is the only major non IREO residential Project in these sectors.

In view of all the above, i believe that over a period of time these sectors will track the Golf course road pricing, a simillar premium project like Emaar Palm spring or central park 1 will not be available for less than 14 K today .

So i do believe for a long term investor these would give sustained earnings, provided you have the patience for the same.

However there is a low probability of a slowdown happening, even in such an eventuality the impact on a near RTM project like Raisina will be far less than any of the underconstruction projects in far flung areas. especially with the impact of delay in coinstruction around new projects due to ban on ground water, there are many such discussion threads, please go if you need to understand more.

Hence i would strongly recommend you to look at long term as a safe bet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have no investments in Tata raisina
    CommentQuote
  • Typically rentals in Gurgaon are 2-3% of capital value + maintenance, but would be difficult to get a tenant initially (who will have a plethora of 3BHK options in Park Place on GC road soon). Once people move and some very basic services (like basic groceries/maids etc) start happening over there, then should be easier to get tenants.

Originally Posted by chandraankur
    Hi,

CommentQuote
  • Ideally as an investor you should have exited when 70% of the demand had come. However, due to two years of recession during the launch of this project, it hasn't got its premium yet.

To make a super normal gains from here on, I would strongly recommend holding it for two years after the possession. The gains you will make by then will beat any other investment hands down.

There are three very imp positives attached with this project :-

1.Undervaluation
    2.Brand
    3.Location.

Any project which has its basics right gets its due worth when it comes for possession. Case in a point is Pasarvnath. Condemned by many for years,it languished for years at 30-40% discount to its peers on the same location. But slowly it has caught up to its peer. Just because the neighbourhood became so expensive, it started attracting those looking for undervalued.

Tata in its own right is a wonderful project but it hasn't got the appreciation like GA has got. or even Skyon has got off late. But more the prices of these projects and hoopla around Ireo City goes up, this is the property that will gain the maximum.

Second point I have always maintained is the influx of residents from Sushant lok, DLF Ph I,II,III and IV and other residential projects to the new projects on GCx. All the above mentioned projects were never made as luxury projects and with not so great master plan. With the families growing in size the younger generation as we all the older generation would find it compelling to get two Luxury projects with the best of amenities at the price of One.

DLF Park Place,Belaire may fulfill some of this demand but largely, Raisinia,GA and the likes would still have demand coming from aforesaid quarters.

But the real fun would begin one year after the possession and on the completion of some infrastructure projects mentioned by Wiki bhai in his post above.

Following are the timelines of Projects coming up for possession on Gcx in next 3 years.

1. Raisina - End 2012
    2.Grand Arch - Second quarter 2013
    3.Presidia - First Quarter 2015
    4. M3M - Last Quarter 2015 (Phased delivery will extend till 2018)
    5. Ireo Victory Valley - Second quarter - 2015

Just plot the inventory of these projects (My guesstimate 3500 units) will come up for possession in next 4 years on Gcx .
    But Only two projects are getting delivered in next one year and the first one will be Raisina.

From delivery to reaching full occupancy, it take 2 years and that is when the project becomes sellers market. By then most of the investors exit and most of the units available for sale gets absorbed.

This is where you get the best price for your project. My estimate is a price of 17-18 k for Raisina - 2 years after possession.

Now you just need to work out your Holding cost till third quarter of 2015 which will be :-

1. Registry charges
    2. Interiors work if you would want to put on rent.
    3. Maintenance charges in case you dont put it on rent
    4. Interest cost in case you have taken a loan.
    5. Opportunity cost of your funds deployed in Raisina .

You add up all these costs and weigh it against the capital appreciation you would get by then....

You will get your "Eureka" moment......!!!

All the best

RA.

Originally Posted by chandraankur
    Hi,

CommentQuote
  • Global economy in big trouble, China in a mess, Indian growth slowing down day by day and interest rates not coming down...but investors expect the property prices to double in next 2 yrs.....hahahaha.....complete denial from Mr Rushil......

what else can one expect an investor to say to another fellow investor.....
    CommentQuote
  • So true..!!!

Originally Posted by Ultimate
    Global economy in big trouble, China in a mess, Indian growth slowing down day by day and interest rates not coming down...but investors expect the property prices to double in next 2 yrs.....hahahaha.....complete denial from Mr Rushil......

what else can one expect an investor to say to another fellow investor.....
    CommentQuote
  • What is the minimum size in TATA Raisina? ALso, what would eb the last price at which company sold the smallest size :) ? Tying to calculate teh white n colored compo!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sanjumodi
    What is the minimum size in TATA Raisina? ALso, what would eb the last price at which company sold the smallest size :) ? Tying to calculate teh white n colored compo!

smallest size is 1750 in one tower. it has 4 apartments per tower and non green facing. i had tried 5 months back and was getting full white deals . i had advertised in 99 acres. do not asume you will have to pay black.
    CommentQuote
  • True that. My house is 1750, and I got for 5500 and currently I'm being offered 9300. Don't know about the white and black. It was just the offer I know of! :-)
    Originally Posted by Bikumatre
    smallest size is 1750 in one tower. it has 4 apartments per tower and non green facing. i had tried 5 months back and was getting full white deals . i had advertised in 99 acres. do not asume you will have to pay black.
    CommentQuote
  • Both while and coloured deals are available in the market..I have recently (in the last 24 hours) closed a deal at Raisina and had around 10 offers with varying degrees of colour...

I bought a 2910 sqft aptmt on a high floor in a tower named Axelle...I live in the UK and coincidentally the seller is also based in the UK...BSP was 9300 ..EDC/IDC: 200 and Car Park for 3 lakh each....

Compared to other projects in the market, this is "relatively" undervalued..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GurgaonBuyer
    Both while and coloured deals are available in the market..I have recently (in the last 24 hours) closed a deal at Raisina and had around 10 offers with varying degrees of colour...

I bought a 2910 sqft aptmt on a high floor in a tower named Axelle...I live in the UK and coincidentally the seller is also based in the UK...BSP was 9300 ..EDC/IDC: 200 and Car Park for 3 lakh each....

congratulations on making your buy. 9300 is a very good rate. one down one more to go. all the best and happy investing.

do help sanju modi with the broker details, am sure your experience will be very usefull to him.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey,

Thanks for the update on that!
    I have in Victoria, 1790 sq ft one (the smalles ones).
    I don't have and EDC/IDC but 1 parking.

What was the procedure for selling it? As in with the Tata people. Did they charge anything from you coz u sold ur right of the house to someone else before possession??

Originally Posted by GurgaonBuyer
    Both while and coloured deals are available in the market..I have recently (in the last 24 hours) closed a deal at Raisina and had around 10 offers with varying degrees of colour...

CommentQuote
  • Thanks Wiki Dear (TKs Wiki for PM too, m trying to reach them.) and GurgaonBuyer for the updates. Size definitely is lucrative but am afraid, need to contain my desires within budget! Shall carry on my search with UT and PVSN perhaps!

Just an afterthought! Does it makes sense to sell 2 BHK Silver OAks to invest in Tata Raisina? What say u friends???
    CommentQuote
  • Ankur,

I didn't sell..I bought..the seller sold..there were no hiccups ..it was a straightforward process...

I'll send you the details later..I'm in India for 3 weeks to meet family and friends.. somehow convinced the family to give me some time to close deals and now under fire for spending too much time on the net :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GurgaonBuyer

Congratulations for your purchase !!

I am also in UK and looking to buy something either in Ireo or Tata.
    I have seen your previous posts, can you please PM me your email id, some how I am not able to sent PM.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sanjumodi
    Thanks Wiki Dear (TKs Wiki for PM too, m trying to reach them.) and GurgaonBuyer for the updates. Size definitely is lucrative but am afraid, need to contain my desires within budget! Shall carry on my search with UT and PVSN perhaps!

Just an afterthought! Does it makes sense to sell 2 BHK Silver OAks to invest in Tata Raisina? What say u friends???

There is no juice left in Silver Oaks but plenty of juice left in Raisina ( just half squeezed ).

Btwn I think the size for 3 bhk in Raisina Victoria tower is 1705 sq ft and not 1790 or 1750.
    CommentQuote