Each and every one of us dreams of owning a house....a house which we can call 'home'. Even I had this dream and last year, I took the first step towards fulfilling this dream - by purchasing an apartment in Gurgaon....on GCX.

I had lived in Gurgaon for 4 years(for my Masters and couple of years at job) and fell in love with the city. Even though the city had its share of negatives, its positive side had a far greater influence on me. After all, which city in the world doesn't have a negative side? Which city in the world is perfect?

I still remember the first time I landed in Gurgaon, I was like 'where the hell have I come?' But the city gradually grows on you. And before I knew it, I had decided to make Gurgaon my future home. I therefore needed a permanent shelter, a dwelling, a house I could call 'home'.

But buying this house wasn't all that easy especially when there were so many options available. It required months of research. Thanks to technology, even though I was hundreds of kms. away from Gurgaon, I could zero down on the location (GCX), and shortlist a few project without even visiting Gurgaon.

When I finally visited Gurgaon, I checked all the the shortlisted projects and finally purchased an apartment in one of them (though I couldn't buy the one which I liked the most because of financial constraints - apparently the price of this project had shot up since the last time I checked it).

Having purchased an apartment, I then had to find a way to keep track of its progress. Again technology came to the rescue and I Goggled my way to "IREF - Indian Real Estate Forum'.

And what a discovery it was!

Pity that I hadn't come across it before my purchase. It would have been such a great help and the decision making process would have been so much more easier.

Better late than never though.....!

Even though the main reason of my joining the forum was to get constant updates on the project in which I had invested, I kind of got hooked to it.

This forum has some of the most knowledgeable people on real estate industry (atleast Gurgaon real estate)! I am not naming anybody because it would be a crime if I left out somebody from the list, but I would like to thank the forum members for constantly sharing their invaluable knowledge and experience on Gurgaon Real Estate. Trust me, its be enlighting and of great great help.

Now lets come to the point.

We all know that there are a number of project coming up on GCX. Most of the projects which are under construction would be expected to be delivered by 2015(with Gurgaon RE, you could never be 100% sure).

Thus taking this date into account, I would like the forum member to rank the project coming up on GCX according to their liking.

"If you are an end user and had the required funds, which of these would be your preferred address on GCX?"

This exercise would be helpful in knowing which are the most desirable projects on GCX from an end users prospective:

My list is as follows(in the order of desirability):

1) M3M Golf Estate (including Polo Suites) -sector 65
2) Ireo Victory Valley - sector 67
3) Ireo Grand Arch - sector 58
4) Pioneer Araya - sector 62
5) M3M Merlin - sector 67
6) Ireo Skyon - sector 60
7) Emaar Palm Drive (including Sky Terraces,Premium Terraces)- sector 66
8) Tata Raisina - sector 59
9) Pioneer Presidia - sector 61/62
10)Heritage One - sector 62
11)Ireo Uptown - sector 66
12)Park View Spa Next 67
13)Vatika City sector 49
14)Unitech Escape - sector 50
15)Unitech Fresco -sector 50
16)Unitech Close - sector 50
17)Unitech Harmony - sector 50
18)Pioneer Park - sector 61/62
19)BPTP Park Prime - sector 66
20)Clarion Legend - sector 57

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Surprisingly, there is not even a single DLF project in the list!

Following points have been taken into account:

- No project from the current SPR(from Sohna Road intersection to NH8) has been considered.

- Projects with floors (Ansal Essensia), Plots (Ireo & Emaar Palm Hills), Villas(Emaar Marbella) have not been considered. Only multi storyed apartments have been considered in this case.

Other members might have a slightly different view. Request all the forum members to come forward and share their views.
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Tata Raisina.........A very nice project.....And also TATA is the most trusted and reliable builder of the lot.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunnyG
    Each and every one of us dreams of owning a house....a house which we can call 'home'. Even I had this dream and last year, I took the first step towards fulfilling this dream - by purchasing an apartment in Gurgaon....on GCX.

I had lived in Gurgaon for 4 years(for my Masters and couple of years at job) and fell in love with the city. Even though the city had its share of negatives, its positive side had a far greater influence on me. After all, which city in the world doesn't have a negative side? Which city in the world is perfect?

Even though the main reason of my joining the forum was to get constant updates on the
    Now lets come to the point.

We all know that there are a number of project coming up on GCX. Most of the projects which are under construction would be expected to be delivered by 2015(with Gurgaon RE, you could never be 100% sure).

My list is as follows(in the order of desirability):

1) M3M Golf Estate (including Polo Suites) -sector 65
    2) Ireo Victory Valley - sector 67
    3) Ireo Grand Arch - sector 58
    4) Pioneer Araya - sector 62
    5) M3M Merlin - sector 67
    6) Ireo Skyon - sector 60
    7) Emaar Palm Drive (including Sky Terraces,Premium Terraces)- sector 66
    8) Tata Raisina - sector 59
    9) Pioneer Presidia - sector 61/62
    10)Heritage One - sector 62
    11)Ireo Uptown - sector 66
    12)Park View Spa Next 67
    13)Vatika City sector 49
    14)Unitech Escape - sector 50
    15)Unitech Fresco -sector 50
    16)Unitech Close - sector 50
    17)Unitech Harmony - sector 50
    18)Pioneer Park - sector 61/62
    19)BPTP Park Prime - sector 66
    20)Clarion Legend - sector 57

Other members might have a slightly different view. Request all the forum members to come forward and share their views.

welcome to the investor/ end users club in gurgaon and i am in absolute agreement, this city grows on you despite its numerous flaws. the best thing about this city is its increasing assertive and active citizens , which are creating a difference to solve the problems of the city . I am very confident that over next 6 to 7 years government will be forced to solve some of the major problems facing the city including water, road infrastructure, sewage & public transport . Power is one area we have some way to go.

Coming to your list, compliments on a very good list from a desirability point of view, my only standout differences is i would rate skyon , raisina, uptown & bestech higher than what they are currently ranked in your rating. also emeral estate needs to be added.

could you also define wether you have done this ranking on a subjective criterion or an objective one, if objective what factors did you consider.
    CommentQuote
  • Only name missing is of Pioneer Araya. Should be in the list.

For Dream to come true there are other supporting factors that also need to see the light of the day.
    How about discussing the infra issues when these 21 projects come for possession. Can we have more info on:-

1.Water supply from HUDA,Sewage and drainage system in these sectors. Is it part of the master plan or have the tenders been already floated ?

2. Number of existing and proposed schools, colleges, hospitals, community (sector) markets etc.

3.Status on widening of Gcx/SPR from Ghata village till Vatika intersection. As of now this road is not at all motor-able and its better use boats during monsoons in this road.

4. Other public institutions planned in this area? Police stations, Fire Station etc.

5. How many parks are planned and the land allocated in each sector for this.

6. Are there any sports facilities planned by the HUDA in these sectors.

7. What kind of connectivity that we would see in 2015. Is Metro still in the proposed state or some concrete action has taken. Hope it dosent remain the piped dream in 2015.

8. There are numerous commercial and retail planned in this are. As of now I have info of only Pepsi head quarter coming in Pioneer township and Walmart's corporate office coming on the bharti plot in sector 66. Are there more corporate offices coming in this area?

9. Hypermarkets,malls,multiplexes coming in this area . I think most of the residents in 2015 would have to use either Sohna road's infra for day to day use or come towards MG road. Havent heard of any other big retailer coming in these sectors apart from Walmart.

10. Thought possession might come in 2015, when would the above mentioned infra would be ready to help the end users sustain their daily life in these sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • For me desirability is not just what is in the brochure/sample apartment but also builder's execution capability. My rating would be below (based on specs and my perception of builders execution capability).

I dont think that Sector 4x/5x projects count as GCX projects so not considered them.

1. VV
    2. GA, Raisana
    3. Skyon, Presidia
    4. M3M Golf estate, Araya
    5. Uptown
    6. Heritage One
    7. Pioneer Park, PVSN
    8. Palm Drive projects
    9. M3M Merlin
    CommentQuote
  • Rushil Bhai,
    Pioneer Araya is in the list at no. 4
    CommentQuote
  • Im keen to see other GCX aficionado's rankings...
    CommentQuote
  • Oops !!

My mistake and thanks for correcting.

Originally Posted by sharadmathur
    Rushil Bhai,
    Pioneer Araya is in the list at no. 4
    CommentQuote
  • Same as Shsexana:

1. IVV
    2. GA, Raisana
    3. Skyon, Presidia
    4. M3M Golf estate, Araya
    5. Uptown
    6. Heritage One
    7. Pioneer Park, PVSN
    8. Palm Drive projects
    9. M3M Merlin

Only issue is that M3M has still not been able to inspire as much confidence as lets say IREO
    CommentQuote
  • I have been contemplating to invest in Commercial/Retail Shop in GCX/SPR since last one month. Had shortlisted Urbana, Cosmopliton, Courtyard 2, Emerald Plaza, etc. Spoke to many brokers regarding different projects, which could have good potential to rise in the next two years.

Surprisingly, majority of the brokers with whom I interacted were not showing much faith and promise in M3M delivering the projects as advertised.
    Personally, I think M3M is coming up with an awesome township, and is making all the right moves, by hiring L&T, S&P, 3C etc; but was surprised to see such poor opinions and feedback from the brokers on M3M in the recent days.

I do understand that the brokers would only promote those projects where they make maximum sales, commissions, etc; but was surprised to see such a response from mojority of the brokers dealing with commercials/retails.

Any opinions regarding this situation? Thanks, Regards!!

Originally Posted by amit001
    Same as Shsexana:
    Only issue is that M3M has still not been able to inspire as much confidence as lets say IREO
    CommentQuote
  • My quick response to very valid & critical factors which will ensure early success of GCx . Key thing to my mind is how soon would a critical mass of inhabitation is achieved . My guess would be it will fall around 2 clusters. First One around the sectors 65, 66, 67 & the second one around the ireo city / pioneer cluster. The reason this inhabitation will be faster is primarily due to the fact that these clusters can quickly feed out of the GCR & sohna road infrastructure without much difficulty at all. For day to day needs almost all these have been planned with inhouse retail, for e.g GA & IVV , emaar all have that in their campus. Secondly ireo city cluster is 2 to 4 Kms from Mall areas of GCR and the other cluster is simillarly 2 to 3 kms from sohna road in frastructure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Only name missing is of Pioneer Araya. Should be in the list.

For Dream to come true there are other supporting factors that also need to see the light of the day.
    How about discussing the infra issues when these 21 projects come for possession. Can we have more info on:-

1.Water supply from HUDA,Sewage and drainage system in these sectors. Is it part of the master plan or have the tenders been already floated ?

Laying of Water Supply line for New Sector i.e. 58 to 115 estimated at 498 crores , budget sanctioned and draft NIT under preparation.
    estimated tendering time of 9 months & estimated completion period assuming 1 year and delay of 6 months will take this project to 2 years and 3 months. so expect this to be in place by december 2014 earliest.

2. Number of existing and proposed schools, colleges, hospitals, community (sector) markets etc.

They have to feed on the infrastructure around GCR & sohna road without doubt, which are nearby and excellent . I do not see this will be a major barrier towards occupancy , as this becomes a catalyst for setting up these infrastructure. Exactly same happened in sohna road, once a critical mass of inhabitants were achieved , took around 3 months, the infrastructure development of schools, malls have taken only 18 months. a list is mentioned below:

a list of schools
    List of schools in Gurgaon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a list of hospitals

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDMQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gurgaonsite.com%2Fgurgaon-hospitals&ei=poQ8UJLAMtDHrQenlYCwCw&usg=AFQjCNG0SglI8G9kkkm_7LejzL6OO6qXtw&sig2=yZS6tUqMwh2nm0Ioi-zUZA

3.Status on widening of Gcx/SPR from Ghata village till Vatika intersection. As of now this road is not at all motor-able and its better use boats during monsoons in this road.

Estimate for Widening & strengthening of SPR from Sohna Road to village Ghatta 17.28 crores has been prepared and sent for approval. as per huda estimate project to be completed by 31st march, 2013. assuming a delay of 6 months also, expect the same to be ready by september 2013 at the earliest.

4. Other public institutions planned in this area? Police stations, Fire Station etc.

Ireo city for instance has indicated that they will have their own fire station, also huda has planned many of these facilities, but you have a very valid point that when it will come needs to be seen. will try to update on the same in my next post

5. How many parks are planned and the land allocated in each sector for this.

there are hardly any parks around sohna road and even if it is significant amount of people use the parks inside their premise for large part of their time. I see the same trend to be replicated in GCx sectors and especially better & larger landscape expected out of these projects

6. Are there any sports facilities planned by the HUDA in these sectors.

am not sure how many sports facilities by huda is in and around sohna road, almost entire sports activity is either inside the premise or from private institutes like ryders academy for instance. Now let us consider GA, it has a cricket nets, football field, tennis court, bowling alley, snooker, table tennis , gymnasium , basketball courts , squash, swiming pools ( heated ). with these facilities, i guess there is a very little requirement for huda facilities as the trend is for self generated facilities. i expect such projects will be self sufficient and others might have also atleast 60 % of these facilities. Hence i do not see this as a significant roadblock.

7. What kind of connectivity that we would see in 2015. Is Metro still in the proposed state or some concrete action has taken. Hope it dosent remain the piped dream in 2015.

ILFS has submitted their technical bid for the same and understand that the signing of contract by March 2013. further 3 years for project roll out will take the project to March 2016 at the earliest. this will cater only to the projects near Golf course i.e. sectors 58 to 62 . will not be significantly benficial to sectors near sohna road

8. There are numerous commercial and retail planned in this are. As of now I have info of only Pepsi head quarter coming in Pioneer township and Walmart's corporate office coming on the bharti plot in sector 66. Are there more corporate offices coming in this area?

absolutely agree this will be very important for the success of this area. However in the first 3 years, they need to depend on the catchment areas of GCR & sohna road , without any doubt. The exact same thing happened in sohna road for instances, however pace will be faster as catchment areas are very near.

9. Hypermarkets,malls,multiplexes coming in this area . I think most of the residents in 2015 would have to use either Sohna road's infra for day to day use or come towards MG road. Havent heard of any other big retailer coming in these sectors apart from Walmart.

It took 18 months for a easy day, big bazaar, shoppers stop , haldiram, bikanerwala etc. etc , after critical number of inhabitants came to sohna road. That is always going to be critical, how soon that critical mass is acheieved in GCx , my estimate is about 3 to 4 years.

10. Thought possession might come in 2015, when would the above mentioned infra would be ready to help the end users sustain their daily life in these sectors.

also reposting the english translation of navbharat times on sectoral development plans of huda, posted in the GCx sector 67 photos thread :

Please find the english translation of an important news article on development plan for sector 58 to 67 for the huda sectors. It is great to see the progress in development of social infrastructure for these sectors.
    This was posted in navbharat times.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    The first quarter of next year, the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) will launch development roadmaps in Sector 58 to 67 . According to information received by HUDA, to develop Sector -58 about 69.23 acres of land have been acquired. The 11.48-acre will be used to develop 201 plots of land. The rest will be used to develop a Hospital , 2 police stations, a dispensary, a nursery school, 2 shopping complex, an old-age home, a taxi stand, a CNG filling station and a park. 180 plots will be developed in Sector -59 over an area of 9.168 acres , while the total sector will be spread over 30.858 acres. 8.70 acres of land have been acquired to develop sector 60 facilities and it will have 35 plots over an area of 2.222 acres. It is the smallest sector. There will be 293 plot in Sector -61 spread over 15.22 acres while other facilities will be developed over 78.10 acres. There will be 385 plot in Sector -62 spread over 36.83 acres while other facilities will be developed over 107.485 acres .sector -63 will be developed over 43.89 acres of land that have been acquired.It will have 190 plots, which will be spread over 19.13 acres . Plan for Sector-64 is not ready yet. Sector-65 is developed over 144.181 acre area . There will be 583 plots spread over 29.162 acres in area. The sector -66 will be developed over 212.50 .It will have 780 plots spread over 45.22 acres in area. Sector -67 will be developed over 72.194-acre area and will have a 9.206-acre area for 168 plots. This planning is proposed and can change depending on approvals being sought.

please see the link for huda plan proposal

नए सेक्टरों का रोड मैप रेडी - New sectors of the Road Map Ready - Navbharat Times
    CommentQuote
  • It does make sense to remove spr projects from the analysis because of uncertainity on spr till now.the reasons for spr delay i understand is because of Several civil writ petions have been filed against acquisition of land by the villagers of fazilpur jharsa & badshahpur. 3 of them were filed in 2006 & 1 as late as 2009. High court has given a stay in 16 acres of land which has impacted 900 m of spr construction.

to compond it, unitech has given an undertaking as part of their environmental clearance for NC2 that they will not give possession till all sector roads for the projects are completed. so even if unitech completes the project, till spr is completed they wil not give posession and with the stays unresolved since 2006 ( for last 6 years ) and a new stay in 2009, do you see a major impact on delays for this project.

I am not sure wether other builders have given simillar undertaking then it is a big mess. Do hope that this issue gets quickly resolved by vacation of stay, if that happens then there is great value in spr projects.
    CommentQuote
  • Boss logon....aap logon ne to jor ka jhatka dheere se de diya.

I did a costly (for me :-)) purchase on GCx in Emaar MGF Emerald Floors Premium, which is not a typical floor but a 5 storey building with luxury specs., 2 apartment per floor just like many others on your list....lekin aap logon ki list mein vo hain hi nahi...neeche bhi nahi...

heart attack mat do yaaron...I have high expectations from GCx...and this is what was in my budget.
    CommentQuote
  • LOL.. Garabh bhai choti-2 baaton pe dil pe attack naa karo.. It is a good project and I am sure SunnyG just forgot to add that.. :)

Originally Posted by Garabh
    Boss logon....aap logon ne to jor ka jhatka dheere se de diya.

I did a costly (for me :-)) purchase on GCx in Emaar MGF Emerald Floors Premium, which is not a typical floor but a 5 storey building with luxury specs., 2 apartment per floor just like many others on your list....lekin aap logon ki list mein vo hain hi nahi...neeche bhi nahi...

heart attack mat do yaaron...I have high expectations from GCx...and this is what was in my budget.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    LOL.. Garabh bhai choti-2 baaton pe dil pe attack naa karo.. It is a good project and I am sure SunnyG just forgot to add that.. :)

Don't worry, I was just kidding...I wanted to get this project also added on the list being discussed.

This is my third investment in Gurgaon and I know there are many good projects on GCx but I bought this one as it looked good from users perspective. As someone earlier mentioned on another thread, may people have bought properties in Sector-65 for end use purpose so I believe people will start settling here earlier and it can start giving rentals too. Budget mein bhi fit ho raha tha.

I had to invest on GCx, how can I miss 'Gods own road...'
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Garabh
    Don't worry, I was just kidding...I wanted to get this project also added on the list being discussed.

This is my third investment in Gurgaon and I know there are many good projects on GCx but I bought this one as it looked good from users perspective. As someone earlier mentioned on another thread, may people have bought properties in Sector-65 for end use purpose so I believe people will start settling here earlier and it can start giving rentals too. Budget mein bhi fit ho raha tha.

I had to invest on GCx, how can I miss 'Gods own road...'

Garabh ji,

Congratulations for your investment on GCX!

Pardon me for my ignorance but I thought that Emerald hill consisted of plots and floor only.

Plus, with Emaar projects, I always get confused. Half of their projects are named 'Palm' and the other half 'Emerald'. I am sure its confusing for other people as well.:)

Could you please throw some more light on the concept of Emerald Estate. How is Emerald Hills connected to Emerald Estate. Is Emerald Hills a part of Emerald Estate or is it the other way around?
    CommentQuote