Best RE Investment Techniques & Current Opportunities

Dear Friends,

Would like to start a thread where all senior, experienced & successful RE investors can share their knowledge & investment techniques, which they have used in the past, to make profits in this growing industry.
This would serve as a valuable platform for all of us, to learn from each other.

Plus, would also like to use this thread, to understand the best current most updated opportunities & projects for investments - both Residential & Commercial/Retail.
Best investment opportunities and projects keep changing every month, with a change in their market prices; hence would like to keep this thread active, where people can regularly update their opinions, as to what forms the best current investment opportunity, as per the current updated market scenario.

Would like to understand following aspects of RE Investment Techniques & Opportunities (Request everyone's feedback)-

1. Best investment opportunities in the past-
where have the senior investors made maximum profits in the past?
When & where did they invest? Which localities delivered maximum returns, and during which period?
What was their investment amounts and outgo period?
What was their holding period?
What kind of profits did they book?
This would help everyone to learn from other's past experiences.

2. Best investment techniques followed by successful investors-
Would like to know how many & how frequent investments are done by successful investors?
how many projects and investments due they manange simultaneously?
what is their current rotation period of each investment?
What is their usual planned investment duration, before investing in a property?
what key factors do they keep in mind while making a new investment decision?
While making an investment decision, how do they decide where to invest - commercial, retail, residential, etc?
at what levels do they usually exit from an investment, and how do they decide when to book their profits?

3. What are the current best opportunities for RE Investments, in Gurgaon-
both - in UC Retail/Commercial and UC Residential-
for 1 year investment duration?
for 2 years investment duration?
for 3 years investment duration?
for 5 years investment duration?
assuming one has sufficient excess funds to invest, in any composition!!

Look forward for everyone's valuable feedbacks.

Regarding myself - have been part of this industry since last 10 years.
Initial 2 years were spent studying the Real Estate Industry casually, more as a part time hobby and as an area of interest.
Next few years were spent in actually investing and reaping the benifits.
Some of my best investments in the past -
Bought two 500+ yards Residential Plots in Sec1 Manesar in 2004 Rs 2200/yard (all incl), currently valued more than Rs 40,000/yard or Rs 50,000/metre. Sold one, retaining other!!
Bought 600 sq ft GF shop in NC1 Courtyard Rs 7500 (all incl) in 2005, currently valuing Rs 50,000/sq ft. Intend to retain this forever.
Have shared more detailed experiences & opinions in another thread mentioned below-
https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/36237-free-flats-buy-4-resell-3-retain-1-as-free?t=37970

Currently making a comeback with fresh investments in Gurgaon market (all within this year); and trying to learn more from other's experiences (thanks to IREF)!!

Some of the viewpoints that I hold while investing-
- I would study the RE climate, economics, locality, exact location, builder, project; for minimum one month before investing.
- would try to make least number of investments, by selecting maximum project size (as per my budget). Example, rather than investing in 5 2BHK UC flats, I would prefer investing in 3 3BHK UC flats.
- would ideally prefer to make each investment for more than 3 years tenure, to reap maximum appreciation, as well as LTCG tax benifits. Plus, this way, one can easily conduct 100% cheque deals, and save entire profits from tax by reinvesting in RE or Bonds. Most important, doing 100% cheque deals are more safe in execution.
- usually try to make the purchases directly from the company, to avoid frauds/risk in resale secondary market, and to ensure clear title and ownership.
- would like to invest and exit from a project, to make minimum 50L profit, from every venture. Reason - one to two months are spent studying the market before investing in a project. Another similar 2 months are spent exiting the project, and executing the resale/exit. Hence, after investing 4 months of physical exercise, would like to make good amount of decent profits;; rather than making 10 investments fetching me say 5 lacs each. Hence, after fixing my financial goals, I try to do minimum number of transactions and that too in minimum number of projects.
- currently planning to make my next round of investments in Commercial Retail Shops in GCX/SPR, within the next few months. Find this area with maximum potential for future appreciation.
(Strongly dislike DEW, at current levels.)

Look forward for other's feedbacks & opinions!!
Thanks, best regard! Happy investing!!
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think this a very interesting thread but no one seems to be interested to comment

Originally Posted by FUNLOVING

Dear Friends,

Would like to start a thread where all senior, experienced & successful RE investors can share their knowledge & investment techniques, which they have used in the past, to make profits in this growing industry.
    This would serve as a valuable platform for all of us, to learn from each other.

Plus, would also like to use this thread, to understand the best current most updated opportunities & projects for investments - both Residential & Commercial/Retail.
    Best investment opportunities and projects keep changing every month, with a change in their market prices; hence would like to keep this thread active, where people can regularly update their opinions, as to what forms the best current investment opportunity, as per the current updated market scenario.

Would like to understand following aspects of RE Investment Techniques & Opportunities (Request everyone's feedback)-

When & where did they invest? Which localities delivered maximum returns, and during which period?

Would like to know how many & how frequent investments are done by successful investors?
    What is their usual planned investment duration, before investing in a property?
    While making an investment decision, how do they decide where to invest - commercial, retail, residential, etc?
    at what levels do they usually exit from an investment, and how do they decide when to book their profits?

Initial 2 years were spent studying the Real Estate Industry casually, more as a part time hobby and as an area of interest.
    Bought two 500+ yards Residential Plots in Sec1 Manesar in 2004 Rs 2200/yard (all incl), currently valued more than Rs 40,000/yard or Rs 50,000/metre. Sold one, retaining other!!
    Bought 600 sq ft GF shop in NC1 Courtyard Rs 7500 (all incl) in 2005, currently valuing Rs 50,000/sq ft. Intend to retain this forever.
    Have shared more detailed experiences & opinions in another thread mentioned below-
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/36237-free-flats-buy-4-resell-3-retain-1-as-free?t=37970

Currently making a comeback with fresh investments in Gurgaon market (all within this year); and trying to learn more from other's experiences (thanks to IREF)!!

- I would study the RE climate, economics, locality, exact location, builder, project; for minimum one month before investing.
    - would try to make least number of investments, by selecting maximum project size (as per my budget). Example, rather than investing in 5 2BHK UC flats, I would prefer investing in 3 3BHK UC flats.
    - would ideally prefer to make each investment for more than 3 years tenure, to reap maximum appreciation, as well as LTCG tax benifits. Plus, this way, one can easily conduct 100% cheque deals, and save entire profits from tax by reinvesting in RE or Bonds. Most important, doing 100% cheque deals are more safe in execution.
    - usually try to make the purchases directly from the company, to avoid frauds/risk in resale secondary market, and to ensure clear title and ownership.
    - would like to invest and exit from a project, to make minimum 50L profit, from every venture. Reason - one to two months are spent studying the market before investing in a project. Another similar 2 months are spent exiting the project, and executing the resale/exit. Hence, after investing 4 months of physical exercise, would like to make good amount of decent profits;; rather than making 10 investments fetching me say 5 lacs each. Hence, after fixing my financial goals, I try to do minimum number of transactions and that too in minimum number of projects.
    - currently planning to make my next round of investments in Commercial Retail Shops in GCX/SPR, within the next few months. Find this area with maximum potential for future appreciation.

CommentQuote
  • Very true....

Seniors n veterans should try n give their views...

Would b v helpful for all
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by FUNLOVING

Dear Friends,

Best article on RE ...Seniors please comments ..
    CommentQuote
  • Who would like to share the tricks of his trade!!

I think there are threads already that discuss some of the aspects like 'worst investment decision till date' etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Very well said.
    The other thread of "worst investments" is loaded with people's experiences; whereas this one, where one can share tips to make money, is not so active! very strange!
    Regards!!

Originally Posted by varun007
    Who would like to share the tricks of his trade!!

I think there are threads already that discuss some of the aspects like 'worst investment decision till date' etc.
    CommentQuote