Hello all,

I am looking for a 3 BR flat in a project called Tulip Orange by Tulip Group, coming up in Sec 69 - 70 in Gurgaon.

I need some help from all of you regarding the history of Tulip Group, location and price of flats, their possession. Also shed some light on the pros and cons related to the group.

If any one has some bad or good experiences with Tulip Group, please share.

Thanks!
Read more
314 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • BlessU, can you please explain this point:
    EDC is definitely under stay by honble High Court and any escalation has to be suitably justified.

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

Congrats to all the families getting their dream house and moving in.

Electricity, connectivity approach may be teething issues which hopefully would get sorted out eventually.

However,
    -Charging 2 years maintenance in advance is armtwisting.
    -So do the charges towards ECC/ESS.
    -What interest is being paid on IBMS (Interest Bearing Maintenance Security)?
    -EDC is definitely under stay by honble High Court and any escalation has to be suitably justified.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Did you mean EDC?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by himrathore
    Did you mean EDC?

Hi
    Greetings

Yes EDC is under stay by the honble PH High court for all licenses before May 13.

Besides, EDC applicable for gurgaon-manesar Urban plan is available through a notification on dtcp website and shared here on IREF on the relevant thread.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • BlessU, can you explian how I can calculate total EDC for any project.

Hi
    Greetings

Yes EDC is under stay by the honble PH High court for all licenses before May 13.

Besides, EDC applicable for gurgaon-manesar Urban plan is available through a notification on dtcp website and shared here on IREF on the relevant thread.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    BlessU, can you explian how I can calculate total EDC for any project.

Hi
    Greetings

Explained in depth on the relevant thread dealing with EDC matters..

Do let me know if you cant search it here on Gurgaon Forum

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • BlessU, would appreciate if you can provide th elink of the thread.
    Since I am searching for this information for a long time and still not able to get the relavant thread.

Hi
    Greetings

Cheers

Hi
    Greetings

Cheers

bless u, if can send the link, it will be great help!
    CommentQuote
    BlessU, would appreciate if you can provide th elink of the thread.
    Since I am searching for this information for a long time and still not able to get the relavant thread.

bless u, if can send the link, it will be great help!

Hi
    Greetings

No problems, we had a fighter earlier on the forum and tried to help him get the calculations by providing the license details https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/52466-what-is-the-market-trend-in-gurgaon-for-electricity-charge-substation-charge?t=54069

The entire ramkatha on how simple edc calculations are is available on https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15345-edc-and-idc-calculation-gurgaon?t=17571

Further all you need to do to find the exact amount demanded from the builder for any license is to write a simple RTI to SPIO accounts HUDA head office and another to SPIO Accounts DTCP. They will provide entire details on how much edc/idc was demanded, how much was paid, what was the total area etc etc.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

Cheers

Thanks , does that mean we can say 'no' to the builder for additional EDC? what have you done wrt this additional demand from builder, pld advise?

I appreciate your crisp responses but this issue is bothering many of us, so it will be great if you can elucidate more on this pls.

Also pls share the relevant threads around EDC.
    CommentQuote
  • Technically we can surely say no, but would that help is the question.

To proove you are right you need to drag builder to the court, court cases take their own sweet time to resolve matter. Would any one be willing to not enter his own home for some money and wait endlessly. And at the same time builder would be charging interest on the outstanding, while he would do at the rate of 18-20% if result of case comes in your favour then government order would not have penalty more than 8-9%.

It is not an equal world.

Originally Posted by SmartAkki
    Thanks , does that mean we can say 'no' to the builder for additional EDC? what have you done wrt this additional demand from builder, pld advise?

I appreciate your crisp responses but this issue is bothering many of us, so it will be great if you can elucidate more on this pls.

Also pls share the relevant threads around EDC.
    CommentQuote
  • I remember a better strategy by an investor who was almost duped by Huda. It's a long and interesting story but I will stick to the point on this thread.
    That guy first paid up all that was required by Huda and then filed the case on them. It becomes a win-win situation for you.
    If you win, you will get the money back with interest . If you lose, you won't give anything extra and won't be subjected to the builder's arm twisting tactics..
    CommentQuote
  • This actually works, and is the best strategy in such cases. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, you can actually pay the demand or extra monet builder is demanding with a letter saying I am not convinced with the demand and paying only because it is necessary to get house registered.

Then you can move to the court and show the copy of this letter as well.

Originally Posted by ankurj
    I remember a better strategy by an investor who was almost duped by Huda. It's a long and interesting story but I will stick to the point on this thread.
    That guy first paid up all that was required by Huda and then filed the case on them. It becomes a win-win situation for you.
    If you win, you will get the money back with interest . If you lose, you won't give anything extra and won't be subjected to the builder's arm twisting tactics..
    CommentQuote
  • Visited the site last weekend. I am disappointed with Tulip specification for this project and construction quality.
    Kota stone in bathrooms, nominal quality of floor tiles, doors and windows, quite simple sanitary in apartments.
    Although the entrance was impressive.

Any idea at what price project was launched.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually Tulip was quite transparent about their specifications from day one, even they said ceremic tiles in their brochers. The project was marketed totally as affordable housing at good location, so to me final product looks good as affordable housing.

Launch price was Rs 2200 psqft, with not much of extra charges. 1100 sqft 3BHK costed 28-30L in 2009, hope this gives a fair idea of the project.

Originally Posted by pankajmehta
    Visited the site last weekend. I am disappointed with Tulip specification for this project and construction quality.
    Kota stone in bathrooms, nominal quality of floor tiles, doors and windows, quite simple sanitary in apartments.
    Although the entrance was impressive.

Any idea at what price project was launched.
    CommentQuote
    Technically we can surely say no, but would that help is the question.

To proove you are right you need to drag builder to the court, court cases take their own sweet time to resolve matter. Would any one be willing to not enter his own home for some money and wait endlessly. And at the same time builder would be charging interest on the outstanding, while he would do at the rate of 18-20% if result of case comes in your favour then government order would not have penalty more than 8-9%.

It is not an equal world.

Looks like great deal and timely possession for initial owners! Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • Timelines were still overshoot by 16-18 months, but in NCR this delay seems so pleasing.

Originally Posted by pankajmehta
    Looks like great deal and timely possession for initial owners! Thanks!
    CommentQuote