Hello all,

I am looking for a 3 BR flat in a project called Tulip Orange by Tulip Group, coming up in Sec 69 - 70 in Gurgaon.

I need some help from all of you regarding the history of Tulip Group, location and price of flats, their possession. Also shed some light on the pros and cons related to the group.

If any one has some bad or good experiences with Tulip Group, please share.

Thanks!
Read more
Reply
314 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 6100-6300 psqft includes only BSP, EDC-IDC and Parking is extra. However there is no club charges since there is no club. All inclusive deal should be in the range of 72-75L.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are looking for end use or rental income in recent construction then this is the best bet as is very close to delievery. Other options can be 55-56-57 sector societies.

    Tulip Petals is another option which is already delievered but finding good units is a tough task there.
    CommentQuote
  • Need further advice on Tulip projects

    Rathore ji,

    Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. This is definitely helpful.

    I just did some more research and noticed 2 of the other Tulip projects in the same area, which are a bit behind than Orange in completion/possession, and hence command a lower /sq ft rate:

      Tulip White (1326 sqft, same price range as Orange)
      Tulip Violet (1578 sqft, a little over the budget)

      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,
      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,
      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,
      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,
      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by phoenix83
    Rathore ji,

    Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. This is definitely helpful.

    I just did some more research and noticed 2 of the other Tulip projects in the same area, which are a bit behind than Orange in completion/possession, and hence command a lower /sq ft rate:

      Tulip White (1326 sqft, same price range as Orange)
      Tulip Violet (1578 sqft, a little over the budget)

      I am wondering if people would start living in the area in the next few months, given the infra/road/amenities are not present. In such a case, we would not be able to get rental income from Orange for 1-1.5 years, and by then White and Violet might be ready for living as well. If my logic is correct, would buying a flat in White or Violet make more sense? Or have I overlooked something big here?

      I checked Tulip Petals which has been delivered, though the /sq ft rate is below 5000. But that is in Sector 89. Is that area habitable? Are people really living over there?

      Warm regards,

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.

      All depends on the Southern Periphery Road. If this road is built now, this property will he hot overnight. As a matter of fact, prices are still low because there is no proper approach road to it.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are looking for rental income from day 1, that is really tough since tenant would prefer occupancy in neighbouring flats. So whichever the project is you should not expect 60-70% occupancy before 9-10 months of delievery.

    For you who is only considering for rental income, Tulip White makes more sense. As some occupancy in the area would be there at the time of delievery. And tenants would be interested in new property.

    Renting Violet would not be easy since rent would be more and there would be lot of options in the budget @Sohna road.

    But as yksharma said it will all go down to SPR construction, either it is property appreciation or rental value. When SPR becomes realtiy even renting Violet would not be a problem.

    Just my POV
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Rathore ji and Sharma ji, Thanks for your inputs.

    I agree - Tulip White and Violet would probably make more sense, as the whole area would get occupied almost at the same time, a few months after SPR completion. Rathore ji, one clarification (I think I did not communicate it properly earlier) - though we want rental income (for taking care of small expenses of my parents), it is not the only objective; capital appreciation is equally important. Typically the annual rental income from an apartment in Gurgaon is about 2-2.5% of the property value - so we would not like to altogether lose on a much larger appreciation. I guess these Tulip projects in Sec 69/70 have the potential to give decent capital appreciation as well?

    An off the track question too - someone recommended JMD Gardens to me, as it is probably commanding a lower /sqft rate than other properties on Sohna road, and is occupied as well. Any views on that?

    Warm regards,
    CommentQuote
  • If you are keeping capital gain also at back of your mind, then I would certainly recommend Violet over Orange and White, reason being:

    - Better spec property will fetch better returns in future
    - Orange/White current steam is due to nearness of possesion and VFM, exceptional appreciation will disbalance the equation. So I donot see that happening.
    - SPR will benifit most, the projects which would be under construction at the time of completion of SPR. And Violet fits the bill perfectly.

    Just my POV

    Originally Posted by phoenix83
    Dear Rathore ji and Sharma ji, Thanks for your inputs.

    I agree - Tulip White and Violet would probably make more sense, as the whole area would get occupied almost at the same time, a few months after SPR completion. Rathore ji, one clarification (I think I did not communicate it properly earlier) - though we want rental income (for taking care of small expenses of my parents), it is not the only objective; capital appreciation is equally important. Typically the annual rental income from an apartment in Gurgaon is about 2-2.5% of the property value - so we would not like to altogether lose on a much larger appreciation. I guess these Tulip projects in Sec 69/70 have the potential to give decent capital appreciation as well?

    An off the track question too - someone recommended JMD Gardens to me, as it is probably commanding a lower /sqft rate than other properties on Sohna road, and is occupied as well. Any views on that?

    Warm regards,
    CommentQuote
  • About JMD gardens, there are reasons for its lower price, some being:

    - Main entry is not too appealing
    - Has lot of seapage problem in flats as well as basement
    CommentQuote
  • Prices for these Tulip properties

    Originally Posted by himrathore
    If you are keeping capital gain also at back of your mind, then I would certainly recommend Violet over Orange and White, reason being:

    - Better spec property will fetch better returns in future
    - Orange/White current steam is due to nearness of possesion and VFM, exceptional appreciation will disbalance the equation. So I donot see that happening.
    - SPR will benifit most, the projects which would be under construction at the time of completion of SPR. And Violet fits the bill perfectly.

    Just my POV


    Rathore ji and friends,

    Can you please share on what is the current all-inclusive (BSP+EDC+IDC+carpark+club etc) rate for Tulip White and Tulip Violet. I tried finding it out on 99acres site but got this wide range of prices:

    Tulip White (1326 sqft): Rs 70L to Rs 90L
    Tulip Violet (1578 sqft): Rs 85L to Rs 95L

    Thanks a lot in advance!
    CommentQuote
  • I donot have exact pricing details but you should be able to crack a deal for Violet 1578 in 5500-5600 psqft. which would cost you 97L all inclusive

    While White 1326 should be available in 6000-6200 with all inclusive price tag of 90L.
    CommentQuote
  • Rathore ji,
    Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. I checked these 3 projects (for features, floor plan, specs etc) on Tulip website and got some more details. However, I could not figure out how Violet has more features/specs/facilities than White or Orange (the only difference I could find was swimming pool and vitrified floor tiles). Can you please tell me why you say Violet is a better spec property?

    Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • 2 differences are already listed by you, some others are as follows:

    - Orange has wooden doors for balconies while Violet has Glass doors
    - Orange has Wooden window frames while Violet has Aluminum sliders
    - Violet has Roca and equivalent bathroom accessories while no branded fittings for Orange
    - Branded designer electrical fittings for Violet, non branded for Orange

    Originally Posted by phoenix83
    Rathore ji,
    Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. I checked these 3 projects (for features, floor plan, specs etc) on Tulip website and got some more details. However, I could not figure out how Violet has more features/specs/facilities than White or Orange (the only difference I could find was swimming pool and vitrified floor tiles). Can you please tell me why you say Violet is a better spec property?

    Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Rathore ji,

    I did some more research on the specs of Violet vs Orange/White. The website/brochure says that Violet would also have split Air Conditioning (Daikin) units in all rooms, fully-fit Modular Kitchen, and Air-conditioned entrance lobby on ground floor, while Orange/White would not have these specs. Is this true?

    Also, where can I access a map which could show the layout of the whole complex with all tower numbers marked, so that I can make up my mind on what (park, road facing etc) I might want to purchase?

    regards,
    CommentQuote
  • There are only few towers with ACs and moduler kitchen, if I remember correctly there are 2 towers with these specs rest are as I explained earlier. These 2 towers were launched late and there possesion would also be late compared to other towers. Although one of these tower is placed very well and is corner tower as well with complete view of central garden.

    Originally Posted by phoenix83
    Thanks Rathore ji,

    I did some more research on the specs of Violet vs Orange/White. The website/brochure says that Violet would also have split Air Conditioning (Daikin) units in all rooms, fully-fit Modular Kitchen, and Air-conditioned entrance lobby on ground floor, while Orange/White would not have these specs. Is this true?

    Also, where can I access a map which could show the layout of the whole complex with all tower numbers marked, so that I can make up my mind on what (park, road facing etc) I might want to purchase?

    regards,
    CommentQuote
  • More questions :)

    Thanks again Rathore ji. Few more questions (if you don't mind):

    I read in a couple of posts (2-3 years old) that the ratio of carpet area to super built up area is relatively low in TV. Is this true? How much is this ratio?

    The pictures in the brochure show a very tall tower in front of the TV complex, though the site plan does not show anything in that area. Is this tower commercial?

    What are the transfer charges taken by Tulip management if I buy in resale?

    Regards,
    CommentQuote