Guys,

I am trying to find out where is the next opportunity to earn a 1000 rs psft in the gurgaon market;

I can see the following two opportunities in the ggn market. Request all of you to provide ur pov and add more opportunities.

First is Spr with resale opportunities at sub 6000 levels; but which project to choose here, most of the opportunities are with unitech, which could be good but could also lead to some anxiety. With gcx currently at 7-8 k levels there is money to be made in the sectors aft gcx like 69 70 71 72; so there is an opportunity to earn a 1000 profit by investing in these sectors.

Second is sector 9x with resale at less than 3500 levels like a crescent parc, I foresee the price differential between 8x and 9x sectors reducing in the near future with all the good work done by DLF there

Except these two the whole ggn market inc D way, gcx, sound road, nh (8x sectors) looks fully valued/in fact over valued to me.

Another school of thought is to hoard money and wait for better opportunities in future either through correctin/stagnation or attractive PLP schemes or other freebies.

Would like to hear all of your thoughts on the same.

Is it better to wait (since I already have sufficient exposure in ggn re, even if it runs from here, I would not loose out) or make investments in value opportunities like the ones mentioned above. Feel free to add more value opportunities as mentioned above.

Best Regards
Amit
Read more
94 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Guys,

I am trying to find out where is the next opportunity to earn a 1000 rs psft in the gurgaon market;

I can see the following two opportunities in the ggn market. Request all of you to provide ur pov and add more opportunities.

First is Spr with resale opportunities at sub 6000 levels; but which project to choose here, most of the opportunities are with unitech, which could be good but could also lead to some anxiety. With gcx currently at 7-8 k levels there is money to be made in the sectors aft gcx like 69 70 71 72; so there is an opportunity to earn a 1000 profit by investing in these sectors.

Second is sector 9x with resale at less than 3500 levels like a crescent parc, I foresee the price differential between 8x and 9x sectors reducing in the near future with all the good work done by DLF there

Except these two the whole ggn market inc D way, gcx, sound road, nh (8x sectors) looks fully valued/in fact over valued to me.

Another school of thought is to hoard money and wait for better opportunities in future either through correctin/stagnation or attractive PLP schemes or other freebies.

Would like to hear all of your thoughts on the same.

Is it better to wait (since I already have sufficient exposure in ggn re, even if it runs from here, I would not loose out) or make investments in value opportunities like the ones mentioned above. Feel free to add more value opportunities as mentioned above.

Best Regards
    Amit

High risk projects would give highest returns when (and IF) they do a turn around and their risk component reduces. So clearly unitech on the SPR is one opportunity. 2nd - Spire South. A safer bet would be - maceo (around 3800 in resale).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulsethi75
    High risk projects would give highest returns when (and IF) they do a turn around and their risk component reduces. So clearly unitech on the SPR is one opportunity. 2nd - Spire South. A safer bet would be - maceo (around 3800 in resale).

AR Madelia could also be in for a turn around... keep a watch
    CommentQuote
  • Rahul,

how much would be payment required for Medalia and Maceo. I believe one of them is in Manesar?
    CommentQuote
  • how do you forsee, sector 76/77/78/79 with DLF and Bestech, Raheja set to enter the area. License for them approved?

there is speculation that SPR will be streched to these sectors, so whats your take on these?

All Members-- Any idea when is DLF expected to launch Plots & Group-Housing in Sector 7x?
    CommentQuote
  • raheja sampda in 92
    as bestech is comming in 92 at 5000 +
    but i think more than 80 % payment gone

( ignore if u don't like )
    CommentQuote
  • Unitech on SPR would be my vote too. Unitech is out of the woods by paying just 25cr to Telenor. Embargo lifted. And even the much languishing project in Noida UGCC (my bet to be aralias of Noida - if and when completed) has picked up pace. SPR much better at 6k.

Tata Raisina (9-9.5k) - in the mid-upper range - rates have moved swiftly in the last 4-6 months and its ready for possession. I think its yet to unlock Tata brand value and good construction quality. I am not too kicked about location honestly.

Ireo Uptown is also undervalued according to me.

I am not aware much about Anantraj, but Emaar PH is something I would have liked to rank higher on the NH8, but I hear construction has been halted.

3C Greenopolis - okay location, not undervalued, but 3c has done a fairly decent job in Noida. When they construct, they go after 2 floors a month across 10s of towers. Execution prowess! Personally my interactions with their CRM and sales have been one the best.

disc: I have vested interest in E-PH and 3C LB and a trivial amount of shares of Unitech.
    CommentQuote
  • Any more thoughts here?
    CommentQuote
    Any more thoughts here?

Still looking to roil in the mud with INR denominated properties.. Pick up RE if u must but in other currencies.... Anyday.
    CommentQuote
  • Tough to gauge usd inr directions anyways?

There were calls of 50 with only the sniff of reforms.

I am happy building my empire in India :)
    CommentQuote
  • Amit Sir - would this not be irony that you sold south park on SPR to buy something again of similar nature from Unitech :)

I have been searching some good property in gurgaon for some time. I have visited 8X and 9X sectors.

My conclusion so far is that 9X is really far off. I mean this is way too deep inside after 2nd toll. It takes ages to reach there. Unless there is local commerical or office space in coming future, then only the area would really be inhabitable.

I fail to understand to put in 5300 for bestech in 92. I mean when 5500 or so south park is available.

But i am definitely watching this space. Would be keen to know your decision and may be follow as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Can't if these projects are undervalued but are relatively cheaper than peers mostly for right reasons. Not sure if the delta is commensurate with the risks.

Today's Callodora and Canary Greens (4200 psft types) seem undervalued considering the location.
    Unitech projects seem tempting but risky given the uncertainties, pace of work and quality they have offered in Fresco.
    Universal Aura (4300 psft - 2bhk) has excellent location but unproven builder.
    M3M Merlin (6500 psft) for the location with IVV as company seems a steal but high PLC and questionable builder credentials.
    Central Park 2 (7200 psft for nearing completion towers) is underpriced wrt Vipul Greens and other on Sohna road as it will take another 3 years to complete. But when it does, it should sell higher than any other project on Sohna Road which is attracting rates of 9000 psft already.

Of the above, I have maximum confidence in CP2.

Disclaimer: Hold a unit in UA
    CommentQuote
  • Gupta Jill I sold south park in 5375 in may, the property I bought by selling it has run up by 1000 rs in the last 6 months. So it was still a good decision.

That was a good time to sell southpark., as unitech was surrounded by a lot of issues.

But now unitech properties are again looking attractive as they are still almost at the same price where as other have run up.

Unitech properties in spr looks attractive now for people who don't get anxious easily and have the patience it wait.

spr is the most vfm right now, issue is that there is no clear favourite at the moment except the unitech projects.

Sun breeze/vista at 5000 looks extremely attractive, but not sure if I should play the gamble now?

Originally Posted by nc_gupta
    Amit Sir - would this not be irony that you sold south park on SPR to buy something again of similar nature from Unitech :)

I have been searching some good property in gurgaon for some time. I have visited 8X and 9X sectors.

My conclusion so far is that 9X is really far off. I mean this is way too deep inside after 2nd toll. It takes ages to reach there. Unless there is local commerical or office space in coming future, then only the area would really be inhabitable.

I fail to understand to put in 5300 for bestech in 92. I mean when 5500 or so south park is available.

But i am definitely watching this space. Would be keen to know your decision and may be follow as well.
    CommentQuote
  • I have always consistently maintained that I am not very found of sectors far from the city centre, but everything in main gun except spr is out of the budget.
    CommentQuote
  • Amit,

How about Palm terraces? Trading at 7200/7300 from 6000/6200 levels 6 month back, Palm terraces are still a bargain compared to other projects more so becoz of its location and specifications. Construction pace has also been very good. It still has lot of steam left.

Disclaimer: Hold a unit in Palm terraces.
    CommentQuote
    Gupta Jill I sold south park in 5375 in may, the property I bought by selling it has run up by 1000 rs in the last 6 months. So it was still a good decision.

That was a good time to sell southpark., as unitech was surrounded by a lot of issues.

But now unitech properties are again looking attractive as they are still almost at the same price where as other have run up.

Unitech properties in spr looks attractive now for people who don't get anxious easily and have the patience it wait.

spr is the most vfm right now, issue is that there is no clear favourite at the moment except the unitech projects.

Sun breeze/vista at 5000 looks extremely attractive, but not sure if I should play the gamble now?

Sir do u mind sharing which property has given u such handsome returns?
    BTW, I had asked yesterday as well - how do u rate Sector 77, considering that DLF and Bestech already have licenses in this/nearby sectos??
    CommentQuote