Hi,

I am new to Gurgaon area and shifted recently from Mumbai. I am looking to invest in Gurgaon property market. My budget is around 45L-50L. This is purely for investment purpose. I am ready to wait for 3- 5 years for appreciation and would like to invest in construction linked plan for a property where the construction has just started so that I do not have to pay big sum immediately. I went through this forum and am confused which property to invest.

I would prefer 81 to 85 as i found them closer to highway and metro. Would request members to please suggest me some new property launches in this area or other area which would be good for investment, where the rate is around 3000 psqf or less than this.

I am a novice in this area hence please pardon me if I have mentioned anything which is unreasonable and please guide me.

Thanks in advance to members for their help.

Regards,
png6778
Read more
Reply
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi PNG, Closer or near all depends upon Infrastrecture available. After 3~4 years all sectors 8xs & 9xs are almost at a distance of 5 min. Further 8x's are now closer but don't see of any use atleast for next 3 years & after 3 years probably all will be useful. In my openion it will be not wrong even if you decide for 90 Plus also where you can get more cheaper (2600~2800) with good builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks VSY. My understanding is that 9X are not near to Metro line. Could you please guide me which are good builders/project to consider in 9X or any other sector project which are in the similar range 2600~2800.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by png6778
    Thanks VSY. My understanding is that 9X are not near to Metro line. Could you please guide me which are good builders/project to consider in 9X or any other sector project which are in the similar range 2600~2800.



    in 9x u primarily wud have a choice amongst DLF only available in reslae and very hi entrance cost, ansals the have launched a project fern hill however this builder doesn't have anything great to be talked about, anant raj maceo where I am personally invested due to great price, location, layout and balance sheet (it is a listed firm with healthy cash reserves rather than any debt on it's books) and park wood crescent (some approval issues and no activity happening onsite)...if you want then u have DLF garden city in 91 n 92 available onl in reslae around 40k per yard.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Mohitnps for the information. Site plan for Parkwood Westend looks conjusted. Plan for anant raj maceo looks good, but it is split across both sides of 20m wide road. Can you please indicate at what price it should be available. I am looking for 3BHK one. Also do you have any update on the construction status.

    I got a resale offer in Asther court , sec 85 with around 300 psqf rate. Does this look to be a better offer than anant raj maceo. Please let me know you views.
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 37 C, D for investment or end-use v/s sectors 10X, 8X, 9X new gurgaon sectors

    Hi,
    Want to know about the future of Sector 37D as compared to the other sectors of DEW and new gurgaon, why there is no project from any reputed builder, no resale activity, went with one broker to the site of RP when seen from the under construction DEW it looks promising that RP project was bang on DEW hardly 300-400 mtrs from it but when he took me from the current access to RP, Imperia, BPTP, I didnt find it worth investing, until and unless DEW comes up there is no future of this sector.
    If RP is going to launch anything new at around 5000 over there its not worth, considering the new launches in 91, 92 those are much better locations with planned infra, roads etc in place even now.

    Request seniors/members to guide about the future of this location as investment and end-use perspective, I found RP's project to be considered only in that location...

    What about the railway line, drain passing through the sector, access once RP gives possession in another 1 year of other properties..

    Also why RP is not picking up in resale??? is the location or any other factor holding the price to rise in that locality.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by researching
    Hi,

    Also why RP is not picking up in resale??? is the location or any other factor holding the price to rise in that locality.....


    Sector 37-D is synonym to RP City, other builders have very limited stake compared to RP. Hence, SEC37D is going to be known as RP City.

    RP projects are primarily for long term investors and end users, RP does not allow Resale to happen unless specified time, that's why you do not see any resale activity in many of its projects.

    Location wise, it seems much better, as it has got connectivity from Pataudi ROad on as is to now basis. Rajiv CHowck is less than 4Km, and connectivity to DEW will be a boom for this area.

    If you are a short term investor, with less than 3 years horizon, Sorry, RP project might not be good in terms of returns, due to large land bank with RP in that area, and unless most of it gets sold out/developed, the location would not look excellent.

    Just MY POV, others may differ..
    CommentQuote
  • Comparison

    Location risk
    If we move on DEW from Dwarka (Sectors 10x, 11x) towards New Gurgaon (Sectors 8x, 7x), the risk of projects keeps on increasing from 10x/11x till it reaches maximum around 37x and then again starts decreasing till it minimises around Sector 83/77 where the DEW cuts NH8.
    Reason being connectivity and dependancy on DEW for commutation. However it is very much possible that the returns in future are commensurate to the risk today.

    Builder Gentree
    I see a lot of big names working either in 8x/9x sextors and 10x/11x sectors. Unlike the middle part of DEW where these guys are not present. Investors will be interested in properties which can be offloaded faster and easily. Thus there is a lot of buying and selling happening in these sectors. Presence/absence of many good brand name nearby also plays a part in price movements.

    Livability/Possession
    The sectors in 8x/9x seem to be going on fast track and I feel they will be ready for possession in the next 5 year time frame. Livability is more difficult to determine but it would follow soon if many builders offer possession. For 37x I guess the livability would come only after 8x/9x sectors (or least most part of these areas if not all).

    If I imagine a scenario where people start living in all sectors (10x/11x/8x/9x/37x), the holistic development of 8x/9x/10x/11x could be slightly better than 37x. And I am clearly guessing this on the basis of the current builder brands present in these sectors.

    Originally Posted by researching
    Hi,
    Want to know about the future of Sector 37D as compared to the other sectors of DEW and new gurgaon, why there is no project from any reputed builder, no resale activity, went with one broker to the site of RP when seen from the under construction DEW it looks promising that RP project was bang on DEW hardly 300-400 mtrs from it but when he took me from the current access to RP, Imperia, BPTP, I didnt find it worth investing, until and unless DEW comes up there is no future of this sector.
    If RP is going to launch anything new at around 5000 over there its not worth, considering the new launches in 91, 92 those are much better locations with planned infra, roads etc in place even now.

    Request seniors/members to guide about the future of this location as investment and end-use perspective, I found RP's project to be considered only in that location...

    What about the railway line, drain passing through the sector, access once RP gives possession in another 1 year of other properties..

    Also why RP is not picking up in resale??? is the location or any other factor holding the price to rise in that locality.....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks lalit, it is understood that Rp didnt allow resale for a specific time period, but for the earlier projects like view, edge, atrium the resale is now open but i hardly see any activity in the resale market also as seen in the forum they will be opening resale of new projects(skyz, rise etc) at 40% payment not like a lockin of 3 years as was for earlier projects.
    Any idea of resale price right now in RP, as seen from the websites it was around 4000-4500, also once given possession that site will not be livable due to the ongoing construction activity, if view is given possession in another 1 year people will have a hard time living there as construction of skyz, rise, primera (still to be launched) will be going on, there will be security and all other issues on the site as the projects are located very near to each other. Plus if RP will keep on launching projects like this it will take 10 years for that township to develop fully....

    Originally Posted by lalitg
    Sector 37-D is synonym to RP City, other builders have very limited stake compared to RP. Hence, SEC37D is going to be known as RP City.

    RP projects are primarily for long term investors and end users, RP does not allow Resale to happen unless specified time, that's why you do not see any resale activity in many of its projects.

    Location wise, it seems much better, as it has got connectivity from Pataudi ROad on as is to now basis. Rajiv CHowck is less than 4Km, and connectivity to DEW will be a boom for this area.

    If you are a short term investor, with less than 3 years horizon, Sorry, RP project might not be good in terms of returns, due to large land bank with RP in that area, and unless most of it gets sold out/developed, the location would not look excellent.

    Just MY POV, others may differ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by researching
    Thanks lalit, it is understood that Rp didnt allow resale for a specific time period, but for the earlier projects like view, edge, atrium the resale is now open but i hardly see any activity in the resale market also as seen in the forum they will be opening resale of new projects(skyz, rise etc) at 40% payment not like a lockin of 3 years as was for earlier projects.
    Any idea of resale price right now in RP, as seen from the websites it was around 4000-4500, also once given possession that site will not be livable due to the ongoing construction activity, if view is given possession in another 1 year people will have a hard time living there as construction of skyz, rise, primera (still to be launched) will be going on, there will be security and all other issues on the site as the projects are located very near to each other. Plus if RP will keep on launching projects like this it will take 10 years for that township to develop fully....


    One can get into a smaller project like 10-20 acres and move into society as soon as it develops, may be in next 3 years. However, for RP looking at the number of current projects and future projects, it seems difficult to have a peaceful habitation for next 5 years, although after 5 years when most of these gets developed, then you will see a higher habitation.

    About the earlier RP projects which were launched during 2008, I agree not too much resale happening around, and the reason is: even if the possession is offered, its not livable until next 5 years.

    Though, in my personal view after five years this will be the most sought after place, because all area of 450 acres will look alike and green, with gated complex all around, unlike small 10 acre plotted complex / society, which are facing /nearby / adjoining some undeveloped/ encroached land for very -very longer period of time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by powergrid
    Location risk
    If we move on DEW from Dwarka (Sectors 10x, 11x) towards New Gurgaon (Sectors 8x, 7x), the risk of projects keeps on increasing from 10x/11x till it reaches maximum around 37x and then again starts decreasing till it minimises around Sector 83/77 where the DEW cuts NH8.
    Reason being connectivity and dependancy on DEW for commutation. However it is very much possible that the returns in future are commensurate to the risk today.


    Powergrid, About location risk I disagree with you for maximum risk for 37X. The reason is there are many sectors which are on the left side of DEW from Gurgaon to Delhi, where there is absolutely no connectivity without DEW, or even if its there then by crossing railway line. such as Sec-99, 102,103, 106,107,108 and many more sectors. Hence, those have a higher risk compared to 37X, where you can still reach through Pataudi Road. However, I agree= with you Sec 37X will take the maximum time to see complete habitaion, compared to other due to development(450 acres)will happen in phases, compared to other places where concurrently many builders are doing development.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi lalitg,

    You are right about the sectors on LHS of DEW (Gurgaon to Delhi) being at a greater risk than those on the RHS as for the ones on the LHS, DEW is the only connectivity available.

    I had given a generic explanation for 37x being at a higher risk than those which were either nearer to Delhi on NH8. Thanks for the specific inputs though.

    Regards.

    Originally Posted by lalitg
    Powergrid, About location risk I disagree with you for maximum risk for 37X. The reason is there are many sectors which are on the left side of DEW from Gurgaon to Delhi, where there is absolutely no connectivity without DEW, or even if its there then by crossing railway line. such as Sec-99, 102,103, 106,107,108 and many more sectors. Hence, those have a higher risk compared to 37X, where you can still reach through Pataudi Road. However, I agree= with you Sec 37X will take the maximum time to see complete habitaion, compared to other due to development(450 acres)will happen in phases, compared to other places where concurrently many builders are doing development.
    CommentQuote
  • So it makes sense to invest over there as I dnt expect the new gurgaon area and the dew to be operational and livable over the next 3-5 years... If by then RP is able to develop its township I think it will be a good place to live.
    I have also seen a small commercial building being developed right next to skyz, are they having other commercials/schools etc planned for the township. If its 450 acres (plus now more area is given to RP as SEZ is scrapped) the township should be self sustained with schools, hospital, commercial etc...
    Keeping in mind a time frame of 5 years I think it will shape up good, also when you drive down the currrent under construction DEW this sector is bang on it, after puri, alpha g corp I have liked the location of this sector very much but no resale market and current access etc are the things which are holding my decision...
    I have not seen any reply from the senior members, request them to share their valuable experiences also.

    Originally Posted by lalitg
    One can get into a smaller project like 10-20 acres and move into society as soon as it develops, may be in next 3 years. However, for RP looking at the number of current projects and future projects, it seems difficult to have a peaceful habitation for next 5 years, although after 5 years when most of these gets developed, then you will see a higher habitation.

    About the earlier RP projects which were launched during 2008, I agree not too much resale happening around, and the reason is: even if the possession is offered, its not livable until next 5 years.

    Though, in my personal view after five years this will be the most sought after place, because all area of 450 acres will look alike and green, with gated complex all around, unlike small 10 acre plotted complex / society, which are facing /nearby / adjoining some undeveloped/ encroached land for very -very longer period of time.
    CommentQuote
  • The main advantage of 37D is, if DWARKA X way is not operational, access will be NH8. Here people will not be forced to pay toll tax, unlike 80X & 90X sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by researching
    So it makes sense to invest over there as I dnt expect the new gurgaon area and the dew to be operational and livable over the next 3-5 years... If by then RP is able to develop its township I think it will be a good place to live.
    I have also seen a small commercial building being developed right next to skyz, are they having other commercials/schools etc planned for the township. If its 450 acres (plus now more area is given to RP as SEZ is scrapped) the township should be self sustained with schools, hospital, commercial etc...
    Keeping in mind a time frame of 5 years I think it will shape up good, also when you drive down the currrent under construction DEW this sector is bang on it, after puri, alpha g corp I have liked the location of this sector very much but no resale market and current access etc are the things which are holding my decision...
    I have not seen any reply from the senior members, request them to share their valuable experiences also.

    Response from Seniors are always welcome. But I would like to add one point here for you. I would choose a project which would suit my pocket. Hence, if you have enough in your pocket and looking for something to invest, then find a resale deal somewhere else closer to Delhi or closer to NH-8 where some part of construction is already started. You can always buy a better deal with colored money, which I would do otherwise, if I had colored money in hand. RP is suited more for End users who are not looking for real appreciation in short term. And as your alias suggest you are still researching, hence, go for something which gives you a better risk/reward ratio.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sayan1556
    The main advantage of 37D is, if DWARKA X way is not operational, access will be NH8. Here people will not be forced to pay toll tax, unlike 80X & 90X sectors.

    On the otherhand you should also consider if something on immediate basis is not done for HH crossing, then how would you handle the upcoming rush all around this sector.

    By paying toll tax atleast you are sure to reach your destination in 10-15 min. But without flyover it might take 30-40 min extra in future.
    So there are always merits and demerits.
    CommentQuote