HI Friends,

I am about to finalize a plot on Sohna Road. But only issue is that it is south facing.

It is for investment purpose only. Either sell it this plot or such or will start constructing floor on plot and then sell.
Most of my relatives and friends are telling that east and north facing are good and don't go for south.

can you give some opinion on this?
Read more
Reply
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ggnguy
    HI Friends,

    I am about to finalize a plot on Sohna Road. But only issue is that it is south facing.

    It is for investment purpose only. Either sell it this plot or such or will start constructing floor on plot and then sell.
    Most of my relatives and friends are telling that east and north facing are good and don't go for south.

    can you give some opinion on this?


    This is true - many ppl dont prefer South facing plots/floors so go for it with caution if you are getting a better rate. BTW which colony is this on sohna road and what size?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ggnguy
    HI Friends,

    I am about to finalize a plot on Sohna Road. But only issue is that it is south facing.

    It is for investment purpose only. Either sell it this plot or such or will start constructing floor on plot and then sell.
    Most of my relatives and friends are telling that east and north facing are good and don't go for south.

    can you give some opinion on this?


    same my friend first go for east and then north
    ignore south
    CommentQuote
  • Which direction is best among these and can somebody rank the following directions on the parameter of popular choices.

    - East
    - North-East
    - North-West
    - South-West
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    Which direction is best among these and can somebody rank the following directions on the parameter of popular choices.

    - East
    - North-East
    - North-West
    - South-West



    In Vaastu there is clear explanation regarding the direction of the plot. Let us understand the eight directions, which are identifiable depending on the position of the Sun in the sky. They are:

    · East (poorv): The Sun rises in the East.

    · West (Paschim): The Sun sets in the West.

    · North (Uttar): When one faces the East, the direction to the left is the North.

    · South (Dakshin): When one faces the East, the direction to the right is the South.



    · Where the two Cardinal directions meet, is also as significant as the main direction, since it combines the forces emanating from both the directions.

    · North-East (Eeshan): This is where the North and East meet.

    · North-West (Vaayavya): This is where the North and the West meet.

    · South-West (Nairuthya): This is where the South and the West meet.

    · South-East (Aagneya): This is where the South and the East meet.



    WHAT IS THE RELEVANCE OF FACING OF PLOTS?

    In ancient scriptures it has been written that the sun is the “Giver of Life” and its role was deeply considered while designing the principles of “Building Design”. Buildings are oriented in such a way that at all times the inmates benefit from the useful effects of the morning Sun’s UV radiation which helps in the synthesis of Vitamin D in our bodies, while being protected from the harmful effects and the intense heat of the infra-red rays of the afternoon Sun. As such, the most frequently used rooms during the day are oriented in the East (for morning sunlight) and the North (for constant sunlight in India) whereas the rooms that are used mostly at night are restricted to the South and the West.

    Thus, the layout of a House and the rooms have been prescribed in Vaastu, according to the position of the Sun, through out the day, from the time it rises in the East to the time it sets in the West. Depending which direction the plot faces, it becomes either easier or more difficult to design the layout of the House. This is why the facing of the plot or Site Orientation is given importance while selecting a site or plot for construction of house.



    WHICH IS THE BEST DIRECTION FOR A PLOT?

    In ancient text of Vaastu guidelines to aid in the Selection of a plot with the ideal Orientation are based on Common sense, scientific reasoning and logic. As per Vaastu:

    All directions are considered good and each has its own advantages. The only reason I understand is; in any city or town, there are roads in all four directions and naturally there have to be houses on both sides of the roads. Also, the city looks more aesthetic if there are houses in all the four directions. Hence, according to Vaastu, all plots are considered good.

    East facing Plot is good for scholars, philosophers, priests, professors, teachers etc. The Logic- East (morning sun rays) is considered the source of enlightenment. North facing plot is good for those in power, administration and those who work for government. South facing plot is good for business class and for those who work in business organizations at management level. West facing plot is more suitable for those who provide supporting services to the society.

    The reason why Vaastu attributes each direction to a different class of people is because in ancient times, Indian society was divided into four classes of people, based on their occupations. But gradually these classes became castes and there was very little social mixing between the castes and so people of each caste preferred being with their own people. Hence their homes were grouped together.

    In a plot that does not squarely face the cardinal directions it is fount that its axis is not parallel to the magnetic axis of the Earth. In such a case, the house should be built on the Site facing the other four directions. There is a technical procedure by which the cardinal points are ascertained for the orientation of the buildings. It should be done in the centre of the plot which is considered the naval of the Vaastu Purusha. In order to benefit from the useful effects of the Sun and other natural elements, it is better if the house is built facing the cardinal directions.


    Vastu Tips for Plots | Vaastu Tips for Plots | Shapes for Plats
    CommentQuote
  • Wow...a very right thread at a very right time...

    I am stuck in a delimma....Trying to buy a plot...As usual budget is just touching the minimum price availaiblity....

    People who are familiar with Nehar par...its S block Vs X block...

    S block plot

    Pro:
    East Facing
    Commercial quite near
    one side 45 mt. road other side 25 mt. road (at some distance)...main 60 mt sector road quite near

    Cons:
    Some panchayat land near by which has some houses built as well...not exactly village. Lets consider they will remain there for long
    High School land demarcation after one block quite near: Unsure if its a disadvantage

    HIGH TENSION WIRES: this is the main concern, they are passing in front of the house and backside also after one block....Because of them road between the plots are more wider i.e. 12mt + green belt (under HT) + 12 mt


    X block

    Pro:

    Neat and clean plot
    no HT wires near by

    Cons
    SOUTH FACING
    Do not see any close by commercials
    Village across 45 mt sector road (looks quite distant)

    Please suggest which one to buy....Kindly do not confuse me any more..just take your pick and put ur justification
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Greetings

    Some more insight in the topic.. Most enlightening.

    Originally Posted by shaitaan
    Peace, happiness and health are the three prime goals of all human beings. Can Vaastu Shastra akin to the Chinese Feng Shui help us in this endeavour? Mythology says that the demigod Vaastu Purusha was a terrible giant. He is believed to reside in every plot, house and building. It is energy, the life force of the edifice.

    The word Vaastu implies 'vasa', an act of inhabitation or dwelling, and Shastra, science. Thus, it is a science of inhabitation. It may be said to be a science that defines proper construction and assembly of structures by ensuring the harmony of natural forces of earth, space, air, fire, and water.

    Believers say that all such arrangements or settings at a place should be done as per Vaastu Shastra to attain full benefits that flow in from the magnetic field surrounding the area, to create and sustain an atmosphere suitable for living. Forces of nature do impact our lives. If you sit near water or ice, its coolness will affect you, making you calm and tranquil. Likewise, if you sit close to fire, heat will have an effect by making you hyperactive, as the body temperature and blood circulation gets stimulated.
    Interestingly, the Vedas and the Upanishads say that peace, happiness and success will not accrue by mere positioning of perishable objects. Rather, lasting peace and happiness calls for reliance upon and realisation of the Imperishable One, the eternal being, the sole source and cause of everything in the universe.

    In the Mahabharata, the palace of the Pandavas at Hastinapur was designed by Vishwakarma himself the sage who authored the Vaastu Shastra. Yet the Pandav brothers had their share of troubles, culminating in the most devastating battle of Kurukshetra. It was not Vaastu that delivered them from the evil eye of the Kauravas, the adversaries; it was their submission to Krishna that granted them victory.

    Though sages followed Vaastu, they were aware that it cannot replace the eternal science of Divine knowledge Brahm gyan granted under the tutelage of an enlightened master or Guru. While Vaastu Shastra harnesses the power of nature, Divine Knowledge allows one to harness the power of the Divinity in nature.

    The human body is composed of all five elements of Nature. Sages knew that their true place of dwelling is within this body, for we are created in God's image. God resides in all human beings as the Self, the Spirit within, that is ever-free.
    However, it is due to its contact with the material body and mind that the spirit has become bound and contaminated. In birth as a human being, the sole purpose of the spirit is to restore its true nature of freedom and purity. So configure physical forces and mindset in such a way that the spirit can realise its liberation easily.

    Divine Knowledge teaches us the art of harnessing energies within the body and pulling at the reins of the mind so as to control the harmful flow of thoughts, thereby allowing for a creative flow which can bring harmony, peace, happiness, love and success, first within and then in the world.

    One also needs to associate with the right kind of energies of the material world. In this context, the science of inhabitation, Vaastu, helps us by placing our body in the right surroundings. However, such a calculated outer set-up still isn't sufficient for actualising the fundamental goal of the spirit. It becomes possible through a guru, absorbing the high quality energies from his realised presence and words. If Vaastu Shastra is an appetiser, Divine Knowledge is a complete meal.



    and a lot more available on this thread
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/legal-vastu-home-loans/vastu/218-vaastu-shastra--tips?t=55

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • hi everyone..
    im living in a south facing plot since the past 10 yrs, also own a south facing plot..and also am contemplating of buying a plot that also happens to be south facing!..
    it is the broker lobby and so called pandits that have created these ideas in our heads..
    iv had a very peaceful life in a south facing plot, also have seen good appreciation in my investments..
    bottom line is that if the plot looks good and is available at a good price.. just buy it!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by karan.singh
    Wow...a very right thread at a very right time...

    I am stuck in a delimma....Trying to buy a plot...As usual budget is just touching the minimum price availaiblity....

    People who are familiar with Nehar par...its S block Vs X block...

    S block plot

    Pro:
    East Facing
    Commercial quite near
    one side 45 mt. road other side 25 mt. road (at some distance)...main 60 mt sector road quite near

    Cons:
    Some panchayat land near by which has some houses built as well...not exactly village. Lets consider they will remain there for long
    High School land demarcation after one block quite near: Unsure if its a disadvantage

    HIGH TENSION WIRES: this is the main concern, they are passing in front of the house and backside also after one block....Because of them road between the plots are more wider i.e. 12mt + green belt (under HT) + 12 mt


    X block

    Pro:

    Neat and clean plot
    no HT wires near by

    Cons
    SOUTH FACING
    Do not see any close by commercials
    Village across 45 mt sector road (looks quite distant)

    Please suggest which one to buy....Kindly do not confuse me any more..just take your pick and put ur justification



    Dear ALL,

    Please provide your inputs, I need to close it soon
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arjunr
    hi everyone..
    im living in a south facing plot since the past 10 yrs, also own a south facing plot..and also am contemplating of buying a plot that also happens to be south facing!..
    it is the broker lobby and so called pandits that have created these ideas in our heads..
    iv had a very peaceful life in a south facing plot, also have seen good appreciation in my investments..
    bottom line is that if the plot looks good and is available at a good price.. just buy it!


    I'd second Arjun...although currently living in an east facing plot, I've lived in a south facing home in the past fr years. I know a lot of friends who have south facing homes and don't see material difference in the way they deal with their wives as compared to how I (east facing bragger) negotiate :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bullishbear
    I'd second Arjun...although currently living in an east facing plot, I've lived in a south facing home in the past fr years. I know a lot of friends who have south facing homes and don't see material difference in the way they deal with their wives as compared to how I (east facing bragger) negotiate :)




    U may be 100 % correct & direction of the plot may not have any affect on the fortunes of the inhabitants, but an Investor needs to look at things differently . The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives . If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .
    CommentQuote
  • South facing plot/balconies will have better sunlight as compared to North facing...I will personally not prefer North facing...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives. If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .


    Outdated dogmas and family Pundits need to be relegated to background. I have myself stayed in South facing house for more than 10 years and it has only bought me good luck.

    Moreover south facing houses has more sunlight from front than north or west facing plots.

    if getting a good deal go for south facing. Listen to logic and not Pundits :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry to interrupt,
    P{lease note the following:=
    1. If no option than this south facing plot then go for this.
    2. If getting option for other facing, think because resale will be easy and return also may be more.
    3. Must remember – No south facing plots are still vacant in any populated colonies. Means everything is salable but the main point of discussion is “What will be more profitable / good”.
    Hope the things will be clear.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    U may be 100 % correct & direction of the plot may not have any affect on the fortunes of the inhabitants, but an Investor needs to look at things differently . The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives . If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .



    Can't agree with you more...my comment was more about end-use where age-old social norms (for whatever reason) create an opportunity for users to get something at a discounted price. Things may be a little different for investors where a lot depends on the price difference market allows based on vaastu concerns. Like stock market, realty market also moves irrationally sometimes and the trick is in identifying how much is too much. Let's not forget, in the long run...markets become weighing machines.
    CommentQuote
  • In China where Feng Shui is quiet popular , there is always premium on south facing flats as they get less cold compared to North.
    CommentQuote