HI Friends,

I am about to finalize a plot on Sohna Road. But only issue is that it is south facing.

It is for investment purpose only. Either sell it this plot or such or will start constructing floor on plot and then sell.
Most of my relatives and friends are telling that east and north facing are good and don't go for south.

can you give some opinion on this?
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Sorry to interrupt,
    P{lease note the following:=
    1. If no option than this south facing plot then go for this.
    2. If getting option for other facing, think because resale will be easy and return also may be more.
    3. Must remember – No south facing plots are still vacant in any populated colonies. Means everything is salable but the main point of discussion is “What will be more profitable / good”.
    Hope the things will be clear.

Thanks for that.....my situation is a bit tricky...I have 3 options

1) South Facing
    2) High tension going from the plot road ie plot then 12mt road + Central green (under HT) + 12mt road then the other side of plot , this plot is east facing as well
    3) West facing plot but the back side has EWS ....plots 60 sqyd and some floors

Now plz solve this equation, tell me which one to buy

PS: there are better options but they are off my budget
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by karan.singh
    Thanks for that.....my situation is a bit tricky...I have 3 options

1) South Facing
    2) High tension going from the plot road ie plot then 12mt road + Central green (under HT) + 12mt road then the other side of plot , this plot is east facing as well
    3) West facing plot but the back side has EWS ....plots 60 sqyd and some floors

Now plz solve this equation, tell me which one to buy

PS: there are better options but they are off my budget

If possible, try and get a 4th option of saaf suthra plot even if it comes at little premium - else out of these 3 South Facing would be my choice...
    CommentQuote
  • I think if one is a long term investor in land, then forget the direction and get the best deal. If South facing saves you 10% then pocket that, because you never know few years down the line these pandits may also become Chinese (as China is everywhere) and may start recommending SOUTH! Then you will benefit 20% extra.

But yes the current trend is favoring North & East plots and hence they have a premium in Gurgaon RE market. If you go and buy in Delhi, direction has no impact on price because once market is staturated it makes no difference.

All big businessmen i know and big builders stay in South facing plots. But usually the floors that you wish to sell will be bougth by so called educated/ intellegent people who eventually fall prey to pandits (what intellegence is that!).
    CommentQuote
  • South facing

As far as i know, the only disadvantage (and may be an advantage for people living in cold areas), of south facing plot is that it is warmer or hotter as compared to other facing plots.
    Apart from that, all are myths and i think more than 90% of the people do not actually know why are south facing plots are actually avoided and east facing preferred ;)
    The only person who is getting benefited from this is the person charging the PLC :D
    CommentQuote