Cons of buying a South facing plot

Last updated: October 19 2020
21 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Cons of buying a South facing plot

Originally posted by bullishbear View Post
    I'd second Arjun...although currently living in an east facing plot, I've lived in a south facing home in the past fr years. I know a lot of friends who have south facing homes and don't see material difference in the way they deal with their wives as compared to how I (east facing bragger) negotiate

U may be 100 % correct & direction of the plot may not have any affect on the fortunes of the inhabitants, but an Investor needs to look at things differently . The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives . If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

South facing plot/balconies will have better sunlight as compared to North facing...I will personally not prefer North facing...

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
        The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives. If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .
        Outdated dogmas and family Pundits need to be relegated to background. I have myself stayed in South facing house for more than 10 years and it has only bought me good luck.

Moreover south facing houses has more sunlight from front than north or west facing plots.

if getting a good deal go for south facing. Listen to logic and not Pundits

Comment

Sorry to interrupt,
          P{lease note the following:=
          1. If no option than this south facing plot then go for this.
          2. If getting option for other facing, think because resale will be easy and return also may be more.
          3. Must remember – No south facing plots are still vacant in any populated colonies. Means everything is salable but the main point of discussion is “What will be more profitable / good”.
          Hope the things will be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
            U may be 100 % correct & direction of the plot may not have any affect on the fortunes of the inhabitants, but an Investor needs to look at things differently . The fact is that we Indians ( most of us ) fall in line & go as per the wishes of the elders in the house, the lady in the house or your family Pundit, while making an important investment/important decision of our lives . If your plot is correct as per Vaastu, it would be certainly easier to sell off & should also demand a higher premium as compared to "not so Vaastu complaint" one's .

Can't agree with you more...my comment was more about end-use where age-old social norms (for whatever reason) create an opportunity for users to get something at a discounted price. Things may be a little different for investors where a lot depends on the price difference market allows based on vaastu concerns. Like stock market, realty market also moves irrationally sometimes and the trick is in identifying how much is too much. Let's not forget, in the long run...markets become weighing machines.

Comment

In China where Feng Shui is quiet popular , there is always premium on south facing flats as they get less cold compared to North.

Comment

Originally posted by planner View Post
                Sorry to interrupt,
                P{lease note the following:=
                1. If no option than this south facing plot then go for this.
                2. If getting option for other facing, think because resale will be easy and return also may be more.
                3. Must remember – No south facing plots are still vacant in any populated colonies. Means everything is salable but the main point of discussion is “What will be more profitable / good”.
                Hope the things will be clear.

Thanks for that.....my situation is a bit tricky...I have 3 options

1) South Facing
                2) High tension going from the plot road ie plot then 12mt road + Central green (under HT) + 12mt road then the other side of plot , this plot is east facing as well
                3) West facing plot but the back side has EWS ....plots 60 sqyd and some floors

Now plz solve this equation, tell me which one to buy

PS: there are better options but they are off my budget

Comment

Originally posted by karan.singh View Post
                  Thanks for that.....my situation is a bit tricky...I have 3 options

1) South Facing
                  2) High tension going from the plot road ie plot then 12mt road + Central green (under HT) + 12mt road then the other side of plot , this plot is east facing as well
                  3) West facing plot but the back side has EWS ....plots 60 sqyd and some floors

Now plz solve this equation, tell me which one to buy

PS: there are better options but they are off my budget
                  If possible, try and get a 4th option of saaf suthra plot even if it comes at little premium - else out of these 3 South Facing would be my choice...

Comment

I think if one is a long term investor in land, then forget the direction and get the best deal. If South facing saves you 10% then pocket that, because you never know few years down the line these pandits may also become Chinese (as China is everywhere) and may start recommending SOUTH! Then you will benefit 20% extra.

But yes the current trend is favoring North & East plots and hence they have a premium in Gurgaon RE market. If you go and buy in Delhi, direction has no impact on price because once market is staturated it makes no difference.

All big businessmen i know and big builders stay in South facing plots. But usually the floors that you wish to sell will be bougth by so called educated/ intellegent people who eventually fall prey to pandits (what intellegence is that!).

Comment

South facing

As far as i know, the only disadvantage (and may be an advantage for people living in cold areas), of south facing plot is that it is warmer or hotter as compared to other facing plots.
                      Apart from that, all are myths and i think more than 90% of the people do not actually know why are south facing plots are actually avoided and east facing preferred
                      The only person who is getting benefited from this is the person charging the PLC

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X