Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Registered in wife name though paid all the payment including Bank loan at the time of Purchase .

Collapse
X
Collapse

Property Registered in wife name though paid all the payment including Bank loan at the time of Purchase .

Last updated: January 7 2013
25 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Property Registered in wife name though paid all the payment including Bank loan at the time of Purchase .

Originally posted by enm1sg View Post
    Member please help me and give some more suggestion

Which is highly appreciated and help me to have more option available to me before taking any final decision please
    Bhai sache dil se advise de raha hoon...

Go and get the property registered in your name IMMEDIATELY... before she has change of heart or mind...

You need to pay 7% of white amount only, so around 3% of total... dont try and be oversmart now to avoid paying stamp-duty.

Comment

Re : Property Registered in wife name though paid all the payment including Bank loan at the time of Purchase .

Chaudhary Sahab

I am fully agree with you . Sepration is not good and I am trying my level best to save it .

But if other party is just want to go for it then I do not have any other option

She will not keep quite until she will eat the fruit of sepration . Then what can I do . I am taking help of friends , family and relative and even her parents but she just want to go for it . Then you can not forceably live with a person if other do not want

Comment

One more point in educating myself , in case of gift transfer . there is no transaction
        in that case how much is stamp duty and if she has to go to court for transfer also

Comment

Agree with rajatk and others, don't waste your time and go ahead registering the property in your name ASAP.
          Even if you don't foresee a divorce, you should know that divorce related laws are highly-highly biased in favor of women in India, do it before it's too late.
          If you don't believe me, ask a lawyer or search for "498a misuse" and you will find thousand of stories of men and their families being harassed in the name of this law.

Comment

There is no Gift tax if a gift is given between spouses or close relatives. So your wife can gift the property to you without any gift tax being paid by you.
            But you would still need to pay the usual Stamp Duty/Registration charges and get it registered in your name. I dont see any way by which you can avoid paying Stamp duty to register in your name.
            Originally posted by enm1sg View Post
            One more point in educating myself , in case of gift transfer . there is no transaction
            in that case how much is stamp duty and if she has to go to court for transfer also

Comment

I completely agree that you should get it registered in your name ASAP before someone prompts her to change her mind. It is better to pay 7%than to lose 100%. don't delay

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X