Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

Collapse
X
Collapse

Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

Last updated: October 11 2019
528 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

    Originally posted by rahul05 View Post
    This is not how DLF calculates this. I think rahul40 posted the computation formula( only he used imaginary numbers of price decrease). Or you can use the one provided in the DLF crontract.
    Rahul you are correct. This is not exact number. I just trying to find upper bound and I think this should be a reasonable approximation, because WPI at the end includes steel, cement, fuel and power and construction material. WPI is elevated mainly because food prices are elevated. If these items are take out in exclusivity then percentage increase won't be even 8% (CAGR). So this is a upper estimate instead of lower estimate.

    Comment


    • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

      Originally posted by FarazKhan View Post
      Rahul you are correct. This is not exact number. I just trying to find upper bound and I think this should be a reasonable approximation, because WPI at the end includes steel, cement, fuel and power and construction material. WPI is elevated mainly because food prices are elevated. If these items are take out in exclusivity then percentage increase won't be even 8% (CAGR). So this is a upper estimate instead of lower estimate.
      Won't it be an 8% compounded over 3.5 years?

      I don't get into areas that are not my expertise. But what are we arguing about whether a person who buys into this new DLF project will need to shelve out 19.2 lacks (as per your calculations of 16% increase) or more? Is 19.2 lacks any less money on a 1.2 cr flat?
      Last edited December 16 2012, 12:47 AM.

      Comment


      • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

        Originally posted by rahul05 View Post
        Won't it be an 8% compounded over 3.5 years?
        That's what exactly I have done. * is used for multiplication and ^ for power. (1.08)^3.5 means power(1.08, 3.5).

        Comment


        • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

          i think instead of this
          u should call to dlf or visit company office things will be clear
          NEVER BUY ANY PROPERTY BY SEEING COMMENTS ALWAYS VISIT LOCATION

          Comment


          • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

            Originally posted by abhay1991 View Post
            i think instead of this
            u should call to dlf or visit company office things will be clear
            I doubt that. DLF will never clean the air at the time of sale. These cost will be explained to you only at the time of possession.

            Comment


            • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

              Originally posted by rahul05 View Post
              Won't it be an 8% compounded over 3.5 years?

              I don't get into areas that are not my expertise. But what are we arguing about whether a person who buys into this new DLF project will need to shelve out 19.2 lacks (as per your calculations of 16% increase) or more? Is 19.2 lacks any less money on a 1.2 cr flat?
              Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying DLF is right or DLF is wrong. Yes 19 Lac is a lot of money to be paid. But still 19 lac is less than 40 lac extra that is coming from your calculation. This clause is straight away abuse of dominant position. But very soon, all big builders are going to follow it. No one likes to leave money on table except a select few.

              Comment


              • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

                Originally posted by FarazKhan View Post
                Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying DLF is right or DLF is wrong. Yes 19 Lac is a lot of money to be paid. But still 19 lac is less than 40 lac extra that is coming from your calculation. This clause is straight away abuse of dominant position. But very soon, all big builders are going to follow it. No one likes to leave money on table except a select few.
                If you can get DLF To give you in writing that it will not be a 40 lack increase on a 1.2 cr property. I will humbly bow down to you.

                Comment


                • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

                  Originally posted by rahul05 View Post
                  If you can get DLF To give you in writing that it will not be a 40 lack increase on a 1.2 cr property. I will humbly bow down to you.
                  It is for buyer to decide whether he wants to buy with this clause. Builder has given its BBA and if buyer doesn't like he should not buy the builder property.

                  Comment


                  • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

                    Originally posted by FarazKhan View Post
                    It is for buyer to decide whether he wants to buy with this clause. Builder has given its BBA and if buyer doesn't like he should not buy the builder property.
                    The problem is that 99% of the BUYERS will not even look at this clause unless its pointed out to them. Which NO Broker of DLF OR DLF will ever do.

                    And then it will be another case that the Federation has to take up.

                    This is one of the reasons I have taken to IREF to educate people on this ESCALATION Clause that will have a significant impact on the cost of the project (Rs 19 lac to Rs 40 lac)
                    Last edited December 16 2012, 01:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Sky Court, DLF, Sec 86, Gurgaon

                      Guys thank you for this healthy discussion about cost escalation clause. I agree to Rahul, he has been a great help to explain this trap for new users here. I would assume if DLF is trying to come with one sided clause which does not explain it in details then it's a time to re-think.

                      I had a plan to book in pre-launch but now I guess DLF's credibility is at stake. If they want people blindly believe than at-least clear about these things which could drain much more money out of pocket. One should get a chance to estimate how much it will cost. This clause is as good saying that book a flat without knowing BSP, sign a contract with DLF and we will let you know the total cost after 4 years. I have decided to call off the show for now by not booking but watch for a while. FarazKhan, your efforts seems more to neutralize this cause without pointing fundamental wrongs of the DLF practice.
                      Last edited December 16 2012, 04:47 AM.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X