Respected Senior Members,

I recently exited Skyon and have about a CR to invest and have the ability to add 60 lacs per year to the kitty. My goals are pure investment. I usually like to low ticket size so that they are easier to liquidate when needed.

I exited Skyon as I thought it's becoming expensive to get an easy exit later, may have been incorrect judgement, but it's done already.

I am now looking at the following:

1. Unitech Anthea Floors - Fits budget but am spooked by the trouble Unitech is/was in and state of SPR . this also fits the ticket size criteria unlike the others below
2. Tata Pirmanti - New tower launch tentative Rs. 9000 - The new launch price sounds exorbitant but hell so did Skyon when I bought it
3. Unitech Escape Premier - 3.5- 4Cr
4. Puri Emrald Bay - Pre- Launch if it happens - Rs. 6300-7000
5. Ireo 67A project if it launches Rs. 7500-8500
6. Shobha Developers - 1 floor of the duplex villa ~3.65 cr or the Row House only one available 3.88 cr

I have been a keen observer of this forum and investor in the GGN/ Noida area for 2.5 years and have realized that this market does not run on fundamentals. It is unknown where the money is coming from so would appreciate any insights into your evaluation of my options. I usually hold the properties between 8 months to 2 years and exit, my ideal rate of return on invested capital after all (Transfer, Brokerage charges) is 15-18% per annum. Also, my ability to deal in colored money is really limited, so I would like your opinion on original bookings for this.

Thank you!
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I just invested in tata primanti simply because in uncertain times like these, one needs assurance of a brand and the soft launch rate was arnd 8550. I felt it was a fair price given that the work on prev phase of the project is already on full swing.

I am also contemplating investing in either ireo 67 A or perhaps wait for the launch of tata on 113 as that location might be very good. However no clarity on the timing and pricing of tata 113 as yet?

As for ireo 67 a, there are some issues related to approvals for the location...not sure if those have been obtained by the builder?
    CommentQuote
  • seeing this thread and the one of Ireo 67a , it appears for good quality projects the market is still buzzing and people are investing . Good for the health of the market . Ofcourse the easiest explanation some of our friends would be that these are brokers or agents.

That is very simplistic and happy if such sophistication has come in this community , it bodes well for the market.

Happy investing
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gabarsingh
    Puri 111 is my bet too ..i peg price in fresh to touch around 20000rs per sqft ..

Already NRI, Dwarika premium class, Pilots , Premium families of Palam Vihar are getting into this projcet ..so for sure ..
    Prices in resale shud be around 15-16k by around 3 yrs ...excellent investment ...or u can also luk out for GCX ..

Gabar Singh ji,

I have to respect your deelari ... Puri constructions bhi yeh rate nahi imagine kar rahe, aur appne toh do-do threads pe kar diya :bab (22):

I appreciate that you are bullish on Puri DG, and no doubt its a good project, but my sincere request is that when you are on this forum to advise a fellow end-user / investor to put his money in a certain project, please give some logical reason behind your suggestion. Else this forum will be no better than a message board where people give daily targets for stock with a stop loss, and none of those targets are met.

People are addicted to IREF (including me) because of the amazing amount of knowledge that is sourced from some genuinely smart people ... and these people even beat the IPC (intl property consultants) like KF, CW etc of the world in their comprehensive logic.

My intention is not to hurt you, but invite you for a productive debate.
    CommentQuote
  • SPR is the most undervalued area in ggn..This holds for Tulip/Unitech/Today/CHD projects in the range of 5000-5500...

Even Projects on NH/D way are more than this...

SPR is almost Sohna Road where RTM prices are 8000-10,000; so once can be very sure if SPR is made in even 3-4 years, prices of SPR will be double.

If I am in ur place. I will buy Ireo 67 A + Unitech Anthea small floor. With 1 Cr you could hold both these properties for the next 2 years easily, may be even more.

This combination may give you the best possible returns.
    CommentQuote
  • Amit, what are the options for fresh booking in SPR? I know Tata Primanti is one

Originally Posted by amit001
    SPR is the most undervalued area in ggn..This holds for Tulip/Unitech/Today/CHD projects in the range of 5000-5500...

Even Projects on NH/D way are more than this...

SPR is almost Sohna Road where RTM prices are 8000-10,000; so once can be very sure if SPR is made in even 3-4 years, prices of SPR will be double.

If I am in ur place. I will buy Ireo 67 A + Unitech Anthea small floor. With 1 Cr you could hold both these properties for the next 2 years easily, may be even more.

This combination may give you the best possible returns.
    CommentQuote
  • Also to know,

Most of the times Re-sale is cheaper than Fresh Booking.
    CommentQuote
  • Sir u r right ...i have given the calculaion in earlier post also ..but once again ..

1st calculation Dwarika today @13-14k by 3-4 years at a rate of 10% comes at 17-18k ..and i know personally people living in dwarika who belive the societies they r living at such hgh rates, r very small, no club , no status etc ..and they very well feel if such township comes then they will prefer to shift to such builders rather than living in their flats at same rate ...so even if i take in 3 yrs puri sells at 15k it will have many customers...

2nd caluclation - dlf golf course road shud be selling at around 20 k and i sincerely feel the premium category of people in palam vihar , dwarika < Pilots, embassy guys , NRI will prefer this project so rates shud be similar as dlf golf course roads.....compare alpha g corp prices with dlf golf course roads

3rd calculation original pruices today after tat launch shud be 10k so in 3 yrs builder shud jack up teh prices to 20 k especially for premium projects ...and i think puri is one of them...

i may be wrong , its a thought , u may hv a diffrent thinking but its my felling..if u belive u belive otherwise u can always ignore it

Originally Posted by Harpreet1
    Gabar Singh ji,

I have to respect your deelari ... Puri constructions bhi yeh rate nahi imagine kar rahe, aur appne toh do-do threads pe kar diya :bab (22):

I appreciate that you are bullish on Puri DG, and no doubt its a good project, but my sincere request is that when you are on this forum to advise a fellow end-user / investor to put his money in a certain project, please give some logical reason behind your suggestion. Else this forum will be no better than a message board where people give daily targets for stock with a stop loss, and none of those targets are met.

People are addicted to IREF (including me) because of the amazing amount of knowledge that is sourced from some genuinely smart people ... and these people even beat the IPC (intl property consultants) like KF, CW etc of the world in their comprehensive logic.

My intention is not to hurt you, but invite you for a productive debate.
    CommentQuote
  • Gabarji, iske baad himmat nahin juta paaya aage padhne ki... Sorry !!!

Originally Posted by Gabarsingh
    Sir u r right ...i have given the calculaion in earlier post also ..but once again ..

1st calculation Dwarika expressway today @13-14k by 3-4 years at a rate of 10% comes at 17-18k ..and i know personally people living in dwarika who belive the societies they r living at such hgh rates, r very small, no club , no status etc ..and they very well feel if such township comes then they will prefer to shift to such builders rather than living in their flats at same rate ...so even if i take in 3 yrs puri sells at 15k it will have many customers...

2nd caluclation - dlf golf course road shud be selling at around 20 k and i sincerely feel the premium category of people in palam vihar , dwarika < Pilots, embassy guys , NRI will prefer this project so rates shud be similar as dlf golf course roads.....compare alpha g corp prices with dlf golf course roads

3rd calculation original pruices today after tat launch shud be 10k so in 3 yrs builder shud jack up teh prices to 20 k especially for premium projects ...and i think puri is one of them...

i may be wrong , its a thought , u may hv a diffrent thinking but its my felling..if u belive u belive otherwise u can always ignore it
    CommentQuote
  • srry zorin corrceted it its Dwarika not Dwarika expressway ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gabarsingh
    Sir u r right ...i have given the calculaion in earlier post also ..but once again ..

1st calculation Dwarika today @13-14k by 3-4 years at a rate of 10% comes at 17-18k ..and i know personally people living in dwarika who belive the societies they r living at such hgh rates, r very small, no club , no status etc ..and they very well feel if such township comes then they will prefer to shift to such builders rather than living in their flats at same rate ...so even if i take in 3 yrs puri sells at 15k it will have many customers...

Gabar Singh ji, appreciate your response. While I am also biased towards DEW since I have investments in this area, I don't hold such a sanguine view as yours. But then thats the beauty of a sane discussion ... we can agree to disagree respectfully.

Waise, aapke muh main ghee-shakar. If Puri's resale touches 15k in 3 yrs, then hopefully some of the glitter will rub off on other DEW luxury projects as well. I dont mean to be greedy, bas 100% appreciation mil jaye in 3 yrs, toh hamare bhi chaar paise baan jayenge :D

'Onceagain', we got slightly off-track with this discussion, but contributing my 2 cents to your question (disclosure: I hold a unit in this project). I am recommending this project only because you have short-listed Puri Sec104.

Have you considered Indiabulls Enigma in Sec 110? I am recommending this because:

1. It seems to be under-valued at the moment relative to the prevailing prices in nearby projects (Chintels Paradiso & Mahindra Aura), where the specs are not as fancy, and the resale prices is near about the same as Enigma resale price.

Both Paradiso and Aura resale is around 5600-5800, while Enigma with its better specs is around 6100.

2. I reckon that based on your cash in hand, and expected future earnings, you would be able to manage the instalment demands quiet comfortably; and once the DEW litigation is resolved, this project should catch-up price wise with prevailing market rate.

3. This project has 4 & 5 BHK units only. 4 BHK units are in Tower A,B, C & D. Construction has progressed reasonably well in Tower A, B & C, while Company has just about started construction on Tower D. hence the outflow will be well within your means.

4. This is the first big project of Indiabulls in Gurgaon, and it holds lot of land bank in DEW (Sec104 40 acres, and commercial in Sec106); hence there is a very high probability of it doing a good work on this one.

Other than this project, I am quiet keen on Ireo Victory Valley, and if I had permission of my wife :D plus some more funds, I would think about buying something there. read Rushil Arora's recommendation for this project, and you will be a convert in no time.

Happy investing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harpreet1
    Gabar Singh ji, appreciate your response. While I am also biased towards DEW since I have investments in this area, I don't hold such a sanguine view as yours. But then thats the beauty of a sane discussion ... we can agree to disagree respectfully.

Waise, aapke muh main ghee-shakar. If Puri's resale touches 15k in 3 yrs, then hopefully some of the glitter will rub off on other DEW luxury projects as well. I dont mean to be greedy, bas 100% appreciation mil jaye in 3 yrs, toh hamare bhi chaar paise baan jayenge :D

'Onceagain', we got slightly off-track with this discussion, but contributing my 2 cents to your question (disclosure: I hold a unit in this project). I am recommending this project only because you have short-listed Puri Sec104.

Have you considered Indiabulls Enigma in Sec 110? I am recommending this because:

1. It seems to be under-valued at the moment relative to the prevailing prices in nearby projects (Chintels Paradiso & Mahindra Aura), where the specs are not as fancy, and the resale prices is near about the same as Enigma resale price.

Both Paradiso and Aura resale is around 5600-5800, while Enigma with its better specs is around 6100.

2. I reckon that based on your cash in hand, and expected future earnings, you would be able to manage the instalment demands quiet comfortably; and once the DEW litigation is resolved, this project should catch-up price wise with prevailing market rate.

3. This project has 4 & 5 BHK units only. 4 BHK units are in Tower A,B, C & D. Construction has progressed reasonably well in Tower A, B & C, while Company has just about started construction on Tower D. hence the outflow will be well within your means.

4. This is the first big project of Indiabulls in Gurgaon, and it holds lot of land bank in DEW (Sec104 40 acres, and commercial in Sec106); hence there is a very high probability of it doing a good work on this one.

Other than this project, I am quiet keen on Ireo Victory Valley, and if I had permission of my wife :D plus some more funds, I would think about buying something there. read Rushil Arora's recommendation for this project, and you will be a convert in no time.

Happy investing.

Harpreet, Thank you!

I agree with the comparatives you have mentioned for Indiabulls and did consider it seriously, but eliminated it because of a personal bias against Indiabulls and it makes total sense to have it in the portfolio if once is willing to consider Puri.

I have had to deal with Indiabulls on the commercial real estate side for rental purposes and didn't have a very good experience. That by no means means it's a bad investment, but sometimes bad taste in the mouth results in staying away. I am sure Indiabulls will do well, if I hadn't had a bad experience with them I would have gone for it.

On the other hand, Puri seemed like a better bet because atleast on paper they have the end to end capability of designing, constructing and maintaining project all by themselves as they seem to be backward integrated in the value chain.

As far as IVV, I fully agree with Rushil's assessment on it and I am a convert but the colored component is a deterrence for me and I have made my money in IVV once already entering it at 6800-6900 levels for a 2BHK and exiting about 9 months later, so anybody who has the ability to pay colored, it's a obvious bet to make in a mid-rise tower (to safegaurd against the execution risk).

On another note, I do have a question: have the owners of this forum thought of publishing a "buzz index" only based on the number of post/mentions a project receives.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,greetings to all,
    m new to forums like this,
    reading all the value stuff u guys discuss,have come to the conclusion that u guys can help me in deciding to invest purely and purely INVEST,
    my state of money to be invested is as:
    1. arnd 50 lacs ready white,20-25 cash,another 50 lacs by bank loan
    2. time frame 2 years,
    3. priority 1500-1800 sq ft,
    4. multiple fresh or single resale can be done,
    5. i like dew,gcx,and nh-8 touching 80's
    request seniors to guide me as i wud never go and use the property myself,motive only is to make some good money..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VTinvest
    Hi,greetings to all,
    m new to forums like this,
    reading all the value stuff u guys discuss,have come to the conclusion that u guys can help me in deciding to invest purely and purely INVEST,
    my state of money to be invested is as:
    1. arnd 50 lacs ready white,20-25 cash,another 50 lacs by bank loan
    2. time frame 2 years,
    3. priority 1500-1800 sq ft,
    4. multiple fresh or single resale can be done,
    5. i like dew,gcx,and nh-8 touching 80's
    request seniors to guide me as i wud never go and use the property myself,motive only is to make some good money..

means total budget 1.25 if i am not wrong

in resale if u want to go for sector 109 and 110
    go for chintel paradiso 109 and mahindra aura 110 a and ats koccon 109

in fresh if u want to go ireo is comming good project at 67 a gcx but rates will be high accodring to ur budget beacuse as per current news it is comming at 8000

( ignore if u don't like )
    CommentQuote
  • i also heard kocoon from someone arnd 6 k these days,first do u think i can make money in 2 to 2.5 years from this n whts the construction status and payment gone?
    second aura i have heard towers are ready so the bank loan wud be reqrd immdtly and i thought thats for end user POV only,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VTinvest
    i also heard kocoon from someone arnd 6 k these days,first do u think i can make money in 2 to 2.5 years from this n whts the construction status and payment gone?
    second aura i have heard towers are ready so the bank loan wud be reqrd immdtly and i thought thats for end user POV only,

dear on dew sector 109 110 111 112 113 is best sectors and in 102 prices reached 6000 and also 104 price reached 7000 and only 30 % payment has gone becuse no construction started
    and regarding mahindra aura u should go for phase 4 which has largest size
    and i think u should go for chintel 109 ( if u want to go for dew ) is also good beacuse it is surrounded by sobha villas seeing prices of 102 104 sector 109 prices are ok and these 3 are good projects

and if u don't want to go for dew than ignore

( ignore if u don't like )
    CommentQuote