Is there any news of changes in FAR in Gurgaon?

Rumours have been going on for quite some time.

There was some news in a local newspaper few months back about a draft being prepared in this regard.
But there appears to be no follow up.
Read more
68 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • As of now; it is stilt+3 as FAR has not been changed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abc111
    As of now; it is stilt+3 as FAR has not been changed.

Ok. It would be great if FAR also increases.

Is there any particular advantage of stilt ? I mean does it help in any way. Is it just that basement parking would now move to stilt parking?
    CommentQuote
  • Stilt was not allowed earlier on independent plots.

And its not easy to make basement parking on smaller size plots.
    CommentQuote
    Stilt was not allowed earlier on independent plots.

And its not easy to make basement parking on smaller size plots.

Sir - Do you see any positive impact on pricing of plots now?
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think so there would be an impact on prices.
    This will cause trouble for Old Floors which won't find buyers if parking is not adequate.

This will surely help in reducing the congestion.
    Prices will increase only if an additional floor is allowed along with increased FAR
    CommentQuote
  • Is anyone seen new construction with stilts?

Any chances of FAR increase?
    CommentQuote
  • High chance of a PIL if FAR increase is attempted
    CommentQuote
  • FAR for Group housing societies was increased 3-4 years ago and there was no PIL.

Its just that it is Plot Lobby vs Big Builer Lobby and Big builder Lobby which has been successful till now.

If there are cheap floors available in main Gurgaon; why would people go near Manesar,Pataudi or Bajghera.

Councillors have been demanding increase in FAR for quite a long time.
    CommentQuote
    FAR for Group housing societies was increased 3-4 years ago and there was no PIL.

Its just that it is Plot Lobby vs Big Builer Lobby and Big builder Lobby which has been successful till now.

If there are cheap floors available in main Gurgaon; why would people go near Manesar,Pataudi or Bajghera.

Councillors have been demanding increase in FAR for quite a long time.

Sir, one thing need to be understood that
    For supporting additional floors, you need to have infra to take care of the load. Even with this FAR, I am not sure gurgaon has adequate infra at all. When there is one more floor, which would mean one more family in same ground area, it would really lead to the failure of already overburdened infra in gurgaon.
    Be it parking, traffic, sewerage, water, electricity and so on..
    One small example : has someone noticed the width of HUDA sector roads, do you think it would not be utter chaos if FAR is increased?
    CommentQuote
  • No doubt that increased FAR would cause congestion; but it may also help in reducing rates.

These things generally happen near elections.

If we work in the real of what should be; then first thing that should happen in Gurgaon is Ban on all Golf Courses as they suck a lot of water and it is water that is going to be the biggest problem that Gurgaon may face in near future.
    CommentQuote
  • Lower FAR is good for Gurgaon as it gives an open feel; so heart is with lower FAR but head says higher FAR as I have some plots here.
    CommentQuote
    No doubt that increased FAR would cause congestion; but it may also help in reducing rates.

If we work in the real of what should be; then first thing that should happen in Gurgaon is Ban on all Golf Courses as they suck a lot of water and it is water that is going to be the biggest problem that Gurgaon may face in near future.

Sir valid point but things do not happen just because of our wish list. If you have to tackle the drinking water situation for this country, sea water needs to be processed so as to make it potable: as per subramanyam swami. In practice, we know how government functions here and nobody is bothered about ground water levels depletion at all
    Did you see Maharashtra stuck in drought and IPL matches which waste a lot of water for ground and other aspects being conducted there still. Sharad Pawar is agriculture minister but wants HOLI to be banned and not matches to be shifted out of Mumbai, Pune.

My only submission is that whatever be the point for price reduction if FAR is increased, it won't happen at all
    Have you seen noida land prices falling after increase in FAR norms? Infact they have increased a lot. The prices of floors will remain unchanged and will only benefit the land sharks or small time builders who have plots with them. It will be a real pain for end users to cope up with daily challenges.
    CommentQuote
    No doubt that increased FAR would cause congestion; but it may also help in reducing rates.

Golf courses suck up lots of water but where does that water go? back in the ground and adds to ground water, lots of places have started to use grey water for golf courses and that water can only be used either on grass or in toilets for flushing only.

It is the human nature to not like the use of reclaimed of recycled water but in reality all water is recycled water, yes recycled by nature, when was the last time God made new water and what did he do with the old water?
    CommentQuote
  • I am waiting to construct my plots impatiently.. . Through the grapevine I have heard that 4 floors will be allowed soon( before the elections ) So I have kept my fingers crossed and a prayer on my lips for this good news .
    If anyone has any news regarding the same ..please share :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Norway
    I am waiting to construct my plots impatiently.. . Through the grapevine I have heard that 4 floors will be allowed soon( before the elections ) So I have kept my fingers crossed and a prayer on my lips for this good news .
    If anyone has any news regarding the same ..please share :)

Hi
    Greetings

Increasing height
    Allowing stilts

these all are indications of possible increase in FAR. One of the main reasons why Noida plots are costlier than Gurgaon plots. (other reason being better infra in Noida)

Other format is the apartments where increased FAR would jeopardise the interest of existing inhabitants and those who are invested in under construction properties. This would face stiff resistance from existing licensed projects.

Propounders of increased FAR will come with crazy theories to prove their point and burden the existing infra and help create more unwanted chaos where basic infra is creaking at near close to breaking point. Be it electricity supply cuts or water shortage in summers or damaged roads due to uncontrolled and poor arrangements for storm water management during rainy season.

All in all, the objective would be to deliver profit to the builder/politician lobby. How they do it is to be seen.

However, due to existing large RWA network now active in gurgaon and recent supreme court judgments regarding compounding and regularisation of unplanned development, a lot of tough time will be faced by any govt., which tries to meddle with existing licenses. There is a responsibility, the apex court says, that we have towards our future generations and the negative impact on the health, safety and welfare due to increased FAR, need to be accounted for.

Cheers
    CommentQuote