Is there any news of changes in FAR in Gurgaon?

Rumours have been going on for quite some time.

There was some news in a local newspaper few months back about a draft being prepared in this regard.
But there appears to be no follow up.
Read more
68 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Seniors-What shall be impact on prices of plots in Gurgaon if above proposal is implemented? What will be overall impact on property prices in Gurgaon to apartments/floors & houses?
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing concrete has been mentioned about the Plots in that CNBC report...guess focus is to only provide relief to private developers & high rise group housing socities...
    CommentQuote
  • Far

Originally Posted by GoluBuilder
    Nothing concrete has been mentioned about the Plots in that CNBC report...guess focus is to only provide relief to private developers & high rise group housing socities...

I understand a Gurgaon edition of HT carries more news

Can Gurgaon readers publicise same

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • My guess - apartment prices should fall if FAR is increased - since builder can now construct more on same piece of land and be able to reduce launch price. Prospective apartment owners would benefit while existing owners should see value of their property reduce.

India is interesting market where rules of game can be changed by players themselves.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashish+
    My guess - apartment prices should fall if FAR is increased - since builder can now construct more on same piece of land and be able to reduce launch price. Prospective apartment owners would benefit while existing owners should see value of their property reduce.

India is interesting market where rules of game can be changed by players themselves.

On the contrary, existing condominiums and societies will benefit because of availability of larger open spaces and green areas. In other words existing condominiums and societies will be more open in comparison to newer congested developments.
    CommentQuote
  • builder floor - construction beyond FAR

Hi All,

I am looking to buy builder floor in Palam vihar (270 yd) , and current built up area is in excess of the FAR (~200 sq feet) allowed even with the penalty --- basis the current regulation.

Though, they have got the CC and OC and one family residing on one floor; what's your view on

how much safe is it to buy the property and
      can HUDA or MCG or any other authority come for bribe later
      or give notice or threat to demolish illegal construction

would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,

PS: Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.
    CommentQuote
  • If you have a CC they should not trouble you. This is happening everywhere from dlf ph1 to huda sectors in gurgaon. All builder after the cc extend
    CommentQuote
  • Hi stilt parking is now legal and not counted as part of FAR.
    I have also heard lately that FAR has been upped to 2.25 from the current 1.75 but this is not reflected on huda website.
    I request anybody in the know to please shed some light on the same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mungeri
    Hi stilt parking is now legal and not counted as part of FAR.
    I have also heard lately that FAR has been upped to 2.25 from the current 1.75 but this is not reflected on huda website.

From where did you get this news of increased FAR?

I can't see anything on the DTCP website.
    CommentQuote
  • Is there any chance of FAR increase happening before elections?
    CommentQuote
    Hi stilt parking is now legal and not counted as part of FAR.

Hi..any confirmation on this ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, stilt parking now legal. FAR applicable for group housing projects only. Sooner or later FAR should also go up but it could be years even decades away since market is pretty well supplied with inventory right now.

Originally Posted by abhiagg09
    Hi..any confirmation on this ?
    CommentQuote
    Hi, stilt parking now legal. FAR applicable for group housing projects only. Sooner or later FAR should also go up but it could be years even decades away since market is pretty well supplied with inventory right now.

Decades away....? oops
    CommentQuote
  • i dont understand your response nor does it shed light on the question i was trying to address.
    If u have any insights please share.
    what is 'oops'?

Originally Posted by Arneett
    Decades away....? oops
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks...so nothing new in the near term at least.
    CommentQuote