Collapse

Is there Any Changes in FAR in Gurgaon

Last updated: December 21 2014
68 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Is there Any Changes in FAR in Gurgaon

Thanks...so nothing new in the near term at least.

Comment

That's what people used to say about delhi , praaji FAR would not be increase ever , but see for your self ..from 2 floors and decade hence now 4 floors .
      Taking a negative view of things is very short sighted way of thinking when lots of interest are on the line..including politicians and babus and property dealers and builders .
      Last edited September 27 2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

nothing new as of today. Could change tomorrow, next year or next decade. I cant speculate on that.

Originally posted by abhiagg09 View Post
        Thanks...so nothing new in the near term at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mungeri View Post
          i dont understand your response nor does it shed light on the question i was trying to address.
          If u have any insights please share.
          what is 'oops'?

Plots have been fairly stagnant even when apartments were doing well.... since last 3-4 yrs... And now they look relatively undervalued as compared to apartments ( particularly when apartments are not having completion premium witnessed before )

the FAR increase has been long awaited.....

I do not have any specific insights as to when the FAR increase wud happen, just that it was around the corner and hence the surprise when you said " decades away "

Comment

I dont disagree. Although i think plots arent necessarily undervalued since condo living is now catching on. Add to that the headaches of construction the premiums will obviously be reduced from an end users perspective. From standalone kothi/floor builders pov also if they were undervalued they would be absorbed except their built up inventory isnt moving according to their expectations since buyers are preferring apartment complexes.

As for the FAR increase. It has been long awaited by me also and the whole market in general but just because it is awaited doesnt mean it will happen soon.
            Either which ways I said it could be a month a year or a decade. Heavy emphasis on the could.

Janta was hoping the politicians would raise FAR keeping in view the upcoming elections but now that model code has kicked in even that is no longer possible.

If you dont have any specific insights then why do you feel it will be around the corner?

Originally posted by Arneett View Post
            Plots have been fairly stagnant even when apartments were doing well.... since last 3-4 yrs... And now they look relatively undervalued as compared to apartments ( particularly when apartments are not having completion premium witnessed before )

the FAR increase has been long awaited.....

I do not have any specific insights as to when the FAR increase wud happen, just that it was around the corner and hence the surprise when you said " decades away "

Comment

Yes, nothing possible for next month or so.

If BJP comes in power (with alliances), then increasing FAR on plots is on their agenda/ manifesto. But when that will happen is anyone's guess.

Congress was being pulled back by leading builders against increasing FAR, since that would have put pressure on their inventory.

But it will rise sooner than latter. There are talks in Delhi to raise further. Also, in Noida its already increased. So, haryana is lagging behind that ways.

Comment

No one ever gets specific insights when it comes to these announcements.

It is merely an expectation both for & against ...... and different words can be used for the expectation....

FAR increase has been in the news for long.... some media reports were there in Jan / Mar.
                But then not having been done this time around, the wait could get longer ....
                Just that longer getting stretched to decades evoked my reaction in the backdrop of an immediate expectation...

True, people are moving away from land..unless its a villa say a nirvana or a Marbella. those are aspirational but then budget is a constraint.....

Undervalued in the context of NCR ......

Originally posted by mungeri View Post
                I dont disagree. Although i think plots arent necessarily undervalued since condo living is now catching on. Add to that the headaches of construction the premiums will obviously be reduced from an end users perspective.
                From standalone kothi/floor builders pov also if they were undervalued they would be absorbed except their built up inventory isnt moving according to their expectations since buyers are preferring apartment complexes.

As for the FAR increase. It has been long awaited by me also and the whole market in general but just because it is awaited doesnt mean it will happen soon.
                Either which ways I said it could be a month a year or a decade. Heavy emphasis on the could.

Janta was hoping the politicians would raise FAR keeping in view the upcoming elections but now that model code has kicked in even that is no longer possible.

If you dont have any specific insights then why do you feel it will be around the corner?

Comment

FAR news happened i thought? Big builders on prime land alongside metro corridors got an increase. I figured that was the increase we were hearing about.

Comment

Any news on this issue?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X