Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

Collapse
X
Collapse

Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

Last updated: January 29 2017
207 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31

    #31

    Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

    Hi Nitin,

    what is the process for asking parking refund from builder. can you please share the details and some documents to reference while raising it to builder. should we send email or registered post for same.

    Comment

    • #32

      #32

      Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

      Letter to Rajiv Singh

      Confidential & Without Prejudice

      Dear Friends

      Thank you all for your kind words. Let me introduce myself. My Name is Nitin Grover, I am the president of New Town Heights Home Owner's Association.

      I joined the forum sometime back, wanted to see what this is about. Builders have always benefited from us being fragmented, I think the site owners have done an awesome job of getting so many home owners together & helped reduce this advantage.

      Like mentioned by me in my earlier posts I am of the opinion that time has come for us to bring a change to the industry. Indians today have awakened and are willing to fight for their rights. We don’t mind builders earning from us, what we want is for builders to be fair.

      The law does not allow them to charge for parking so they should not. They have every right to increase BSP at the time of sale to recover their cost for parking if they wish to. They are not allowed to sell super area yet they sell, why not sell as per carpet area but at a higher BSP, let the customer be aware of what he is buying. Today we buy a property of 2000 Sqft yet get less than 1200 Sqft inside.

      Why should a builder not pay a customer the same penalty (15%/ 18% interest) for delay in possession when it charges us this amount for delay in payment. If he knows he can’t give possession in 3 years let him write 5 years, at least I as a customer can take an informed decision to buy or not. Why say 3 years, not deliver & not pay either.

      Why does court need to force builders to change? Why can’t they do the right thing?

      There are so many such issues I can write two pages of it. I know a lot of members reading this post have nothing to do with New Town Heights, yet I feel if all of us awaken & come together we can get the industry to change. We all need to start questioning our builders.

      If we can’t protect our houses from getting robbed by builders every day how will we protect the nation. We have never had our own issues to vote for till today, FDI or no FDI does it really affect our life on a daily basis? But if one gets to know what all is going wrong in every apartment complex, one would realize even 2G scam was nothing compared to the same. Time has come for “Urban India’s first uprising”. Let our MLA & MP earn our votes. They can no longer take our votes & protect the builders.

      On behalf of my association I have written the following letter to Mr. Rajiv Singh. I am positive that he will realize the need for change & would change. If he does not we are willing to fight till the end.

      The attached letter has been written straight from the heart & I hope this is the starting of a change.

      Do let me know how you feel.
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #33

        #33

        Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

        Can builder charge for covered parking?

        Comment

        • #34

          #34

          Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

          A builder has no right to charge for any kind of Parking be it open, stilt or Covered. If one goes through BRIII of any approval received by any builder the same is clearly mentioned. I also have an RTI response from DTCP which clearly says parking can not be sold. Even apartment Act & a SC judgement does not allow sale of Parking.

          Like shared earlier Parking is part of common area which belongs to RWA who has a right to lease it out to residents for use. The rent earned should be used for maintenance of the complex & reduce your monthly maintenance bill.

          Comment

          • #35

            #35

            Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

            Dear Nitin,
            Thanks for sharing the letter.
            We shall also write to our builder

            Comment

            • #36

              #36

              Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

              Originally posted by nbkp4gk View Post
              A builder has no right to charge for any kind of Parking be it open, stilt or Covered. If one goes through BRIII of any approval received by any builder the same is clearly mentioned. I also have an RTI response from DTCP which clearly says parking can not be sold. Even apartment Act & a SC judgement does not allow sale of Parking.

              Like shared earlier Parking is part of common area which belongs to RWA who has a right to lease it out to residents for use. The rent earned should be used for maintenance of the complex & reduce your monthly maintenance bill.
              Hi
              Is it possible to share BRIII over this thread.

              Comment

              • #37

                #37

                Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

                If you are on facebook you can see all the documents including a sample copy of BRIII on the facebook page of FAOAINDIA
                Last edited January 11 2013, 12:17 AM.

                Comment

                • #38

                  #38

                  Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

                  Originally posted by nbkp4gk View Post
                  If you are on facebook you can see all the documents including a sample copy of BRIII on the facebook page of FAOAINDIA

                  Thanks Nitin

                  Comment

                  • #39

                    #39

                    Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

                    You are welcome...Pls let me know if you need any other help.

                    Comment

                    • #40

                      #40

                      Re : Refund of Illegal Parking Charges

                      you are some competition to the khaps...

                      first you buy; for your benefit...
                      then you become president RWA; how & why... how is more important...

                      then you want a bigger stage... and need us fools...

                      DLF did not become DLF by bribing; any idiot can bribe the govt... they have played on the market DESPITE the govt...

                      but you sir are playing with govt covering both your ends...

                      YOU don't like DLF, get out... but no, you wouldn't do that... you want DLF to serve you... at your conditions... as if that is possible...

                      read some history... and understand some philosophy...


                      Originally posted by nbkp4gk View Post
                      Confidential & Without Prejudice

                      Dear Friends

                      Thank you all for your kind words. Let me introduce myself. My Name is Nitin Grover, I am the president of New Town Heights Home Owner's Association.

                      I joined the forum sometime back, wanted to see what this is about. Builders have always benefited from us being fragmented, I think the site owners have done an awesome job of getting so many home owners together & helped reduce this advantage.

                      Like mentioned by me in my earlier posts I am of the opinion that time has come for us to bring a change to the industry. Indians today have awakened and are willing to fight for their rights. We don’t mind builders earning from us, what we want is for builders to be fair.

                      The law does not allow them to charge for parking so they should not. They have every right to increase BSP at the time of sale to recover their cost for parking if they wish to. They are not allowed to sell super area yet they sell, why not sell as per carpet area but at a higher BSP, let the customer be aware of what he is buying. Today we buy a property of 2000 Sqft yet get less than 1200 Sqft inside.

                      Why should a builder not pay a customer the same penalty (15%/ 18% interest) for delay in possession when it charges us this amount for delay in payment. If he knows he can’t give possession in 3 years let him write 5 years, at least I as a customer can take an informed decision to buy or not. Why say 3 years, not deliver & not pay either.

                      Why does court need to force builders to change? Why can’t they do the right thing?

                      There are so many such issues I can write two pages of it. I know a lot of members reading this post have nothing to do with New Town Heights, yet I feel if all of us awaken & come together we can get the industry to change. We all need to start questioning our builders.

                      If we can’t protect our houses from getting robbed by builders every day how will we protect the nation. We have never had our own issues to vote for till today, FDI or no FDI does it really affect our life on a daily basis? But if one gets to know what all is going wrong in every apartment complex, one would realize even 2G scam was nothing compared to the same. Time has come for “Urban India’s first uprising”. Let our MLA & MP earn our votes. They can no longer take our votes & protect the builders.

                      On behalf of my association I have written the following letter to Mr. Rajiv Singh. I am positive that he will realize the need for change & would change. If he does not we are willing to fight till the end.

                      The attached letter has been written straight from the heart & I hope this is the starting of a change.

                      Do let me know how you feel.
                      I sell my Talent to your Reason...

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X