Dear friends,

I have been following this forum day in and night for last 1.5 - 2 months and have not been able to take a decision. There are too many good options and I have tooooo small a budget to have a share of all the cakes :bab (59):

Hence I have decided to seek direct help from the senior experienced members for my multi-faceted situation. Here are the details in short bullets

I have a unit in IREO uptown. I know the construction is in swing but then I guess for uptown to increase by 1000psf more (it must be at 83-8500 today) will be the most (best possible case) that I can see by end of possession (ie 2014 end) Hence should I release the unit and encase my investment for better projects? Or does someone think it will appreciate even further?
    I am too small an investor with only 50L cash today and a capacity of 1.5L every month for RE investments. If I liquidated Uptown, I will get another 100L (invested amt + premium)
    I would like to have a good mix of both commercial and residential. Is that advisable? Specially the commercial part since I am based out of India. Is managing commercial RE difficult if one is not based in GGN?
    Hence, my options are 1.liquidating Uptown to in a big project like IREO Skyon and then doing nothing more or 2. liquidating Uptown and investing in one or two residential project within 60-70L so that I can pay them in full in 3 yrs ish and a commercial project within 50L (with the cash that I have)
    Are there commercial projects with all cheque payment possible? I have come across some good ones but they all seem to have some coloured part
    How much sense does it make in investing in tier II cities? Any suggestions in what cities should I look at? In that case I can invest in 2 project there than one in ggn and divide the risk...or perhaps even try for higher returns...
    Please note I have no issues holding projects longer. Obviously I am looking for better gains (just like everybody here) so if advisable I can liquidate faster else I intend to hold project till they are of age.

Thanks friends, I deeply value and respect many of your views from what I have been reading...Greatly appreciate if you can share your advice here...

Thanks friends, I deeply value and respect many of your views from what I have been reading...Greatly appreciate if you can share your advice here...

Read more
26 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • St Anger ji, please do respond

Anger ji,

Please do take out a few mins for me too :) Looking forward to your advice...
    CommentQuote
  • Senior members,

Please koi to kuch kahiye :( or is my pocket too small for investments in GGN? :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Panoma
    Dear friends,

I have been following this forum day in and night for last 1.5 - 2 months and have not been able to take a decision. There are too many good options and I have tooooo small a budget to have a share of all the cakes :bab (59):

Hence I have decided to seek direct help from the senior experienced members for my multi-faceted situation. Here are the details in short bullets

I have a unit in IREO uptown. I know the construction is in swing but then I guess for uptown to increase by 1000psf more (it must be at 83-8500 today) will be the most (best possible case) that I can see by end of possession (ie 2014 end) Hence should I release the unit and encase my investment for better projects? Or does someone think it will appreciate even further?
      I am too small an investor with only 50L cash today and a capacity of 1.5L every month for RE investments. If I liquidated Uptown, I will get another 100L (invested amt + premium)
      I would like to have a good mix of both commercial and residential. Is that advisable? Specially the commercial part since I am based out of India. Is managing commercial RE difficult if one is not based in GGN?
      Hence, my options are 1.liquidating Uptown to in a big project like IREO Skyon and then doing nothing more or 2. liquidating Uptown and investing in one or two residential project within 60-70L so that I can pay them in full in 3 yrs ish and a commercial project within 50L (with the cash that I have)
      Are there commercial projects with all cheque payment possible? I have come across some good ones but they all seem to have some coloured part
      How much sense does it make in investing in tier II cities? Any suggestions in what cities should I look at? In that case I can invest in 2 project there than one in ggn and divide the risk...or perhaps even try for higher returns...
      Please note I have no issues holding projects longer. Obviously I am looking for better gains (just like everybody here) so if advisable I can liquidate faster else I intend to hold project till they are of age.

Since my experience is limited to residential projects, I will limit my advice to residential projects only.

Sell Uptown: As you are based out of India I am not sure if you will be comfortable with hassles of selling a property with such huge premium, assuming short term property gain will be applicable and you will not prefer shelling out 30% of that premium as tax + transfer charges + brokerage . I also believe that there is still 700 -1200 quid premium left in Uptown, as it comes close to possession, so holding on to it might not be a bad idea.

New Investment: It will be good if you can mention your investment timeframe, for now I will assume it to be more that 3 years. In Gurgaon you can look at 3 main areas for investment in under construction projects:

GCX/SPR: This is the area where you will find most of the premium under construction projects, but the problem is that initial upfront payment required is 70 - 120 in most of the projects, with the exception of Ireo upcoming new launch in 67A, but I think at the moment only Dhritarashtra might have a clue about the launch date of this project. You also missed Tata Primanti's new towers by few days, that could have been a good investment. Check with company and brokers if they have anything left. This was one of the modesly priced new launch in such a premium project hence got sold out same day.

If you can stretch your initial payment to 70 -85 then I would recommend following projects, please browse through individual threads for more information on these projects.

1. 2 bhk in Tower C Ireo Victory Valley
      2. Heritage One
      3. Emaar Emerald Floor in Emerald Hills - In few floors just 30% payment has gone, with initial booking cost of around 48 -55 lac , 30% payment will be around 15 - 18 lac + premium of around 50-60 lacs but this price tag comes with risk of Emaar's delayed delivery.

You can also look at Unitech's projects on SPR like Anthea and South Park which look very attractive at the moment and match your cash profile, but then you will have to deal with uncertainties and risks involved with Unitech.

Nh8/New GGN - You will get plenty of options here within your budget but your time horizon need to be at least 2- 3 years to get decent returns. Projects with 50 - 60 lac upfront payment:

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

DWay: Sorry no experience with this area, better contact Bhallaji or other Dway experts.

Selling Uptown: Will give 150 cash and more options to choose from, but with 1.5 lac per month, funding 2 under construction projects will be extremely difficult especially if you are considering projects like IVV, Skyon, Primanti etc.

Whether you sell Uptown or not my recommendations will be below 3 projects which I think will see maximum appreciation in next 2-4 years:

1. Ireo Victory Valley (no risk involved)
      2. Tata Primanti (no risk involved)
      3. Raheja Revanta (low - med risk)

Tier 2: If you have friends and relatives in Tier 2 cities then investing in a plot or a under construction flat might not be a bad idea and that too without stretching your budget.

Disclaimer: I am invested in Primanti, Revanta and looking to invest in IVV since last 2 years but not been able to because of budget contraints.

Since my experience is limited to residential projects, I will limit my advice to residential projects only.

Sell Uptown: As you are based out of India I am not sure if you will be comfortable with hassles of selling a property with such huge premium, assuming short term property gain will be applicable and you will not prefer shelling out 30% of that premium as tax + transfer charges + brokerage . I also believe that there is still 700 -1200 quid premium left in Uptown, as it comes close to possession, so holding on to it might not be a bad idea.

New Investment: It will be good if you can mention your investment timeframe, for now I will assume it to be more that 3 years. In Gurgaon you can look at 3 main areas for investment in under construction projects:

GCX/SPR: This is the area where you will find most of the premium under construction projects, but the problem is that initial upfront payment required is 70 - 120 in most of the projects, with the exception of Ireo upcoming new launch in 67A, but I think at the moment only Dhritarashtra might have a clue about the launch date of this project. You also missed Tata Primanti's new towers by few days, that could have been a good investment. Check with company and brokers if they have anything left. This was one of the modesly priced new launch in such a premium project hence got sold out same day.

If you can stretch your initial payment to 70 -85 then I would recommend following projects, please browse through individual threads for more information on these projects.

2. Heritage One
      3. Emaar Emerald Floor in Emerald Hills - In few floors just 30% payment has gone, with initial booking cost of around 48 -55 lac , 30% payment will be around 15 - 18 lac + premium of around 50-60 lacs but this price tag comes with risk of Emaar's delayed delivery.

You can also look at Unitech's projects on SPR like Anthea and South Park which look very attractive at the moment and match your cash profile, but then you will have to deal with uncertainties and risks involved with Unitech.

Nh8/New GGN - You will get plenty of options here within your budget but your time horizon need to be at least 2- 3 years to get decent returns. Projects with 50 - 60 lac upfront payment:

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

DWay: Sorry no experience with this area, better contact Bhallaji or other Dway experts.

Selling Uptown: Will give 150 cash and more options to choose from, but with 1.5 lac per month, funding 2 under construction projects will be extremely difficult especially if you are considering projects like IVV, Skyon, Primanti etc.

Whether you sell Uptown or not my recommendations will be below 3 projects which I think will see maximum appreciation in next 2-4 years:

Tier 2: If you have friends and relatives in Tier 2 cities then investing in a plot or a under construction flat might not be a bad idea and that too without stretching your budget.

Disclaimer: I am invested in Primanti, Revanta and looking to invest in IVV since last 2 years but not been able to because of budget contraints.

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
      2. Emaar Palm Garden
      4. Godrej Frontier

CommentQuote
  • Just study sector 70 pocket ..after spr clearnaces prices may shoot up ....dwarika expressway is a gud bet to buy but in resale only now..(may u can absorb cash also)
    CommentQuote
  • I guess sitting abroad first thing you should do is to drop the idea of investing in commercial or retail in gurgaon. There is a supply glut in this segment and with more supply coming in the problem is only going to get compounded.

Coming back to residential and with the kind of budget you have, let say that you are really one of the lucky few who has budget to invest in gcx. As for most of the end user and investor gcx is slowly and steadily going out of budget.

Since you already are an Ireo customer and reaped good benefit of their project, I would recommend look no further. This is not the time to experiment and take risky bets. Please visit Ireo plot thread to read my views about it.

Cmi back to your current holding in Uptown, then I would say that 80% of the premium has already come in this project. Uptown will reach 10k at possession. But with 90% of the payment gone you may be itching to switch your portfolio. In this case only one project fits the bills and that is IVV.

If you have a 2bhk in uptown and sitting with 50L cash then it's the best time to make a switch to 3bhk in IVV.

Premium plus cash in hand will get you a 3bhk in IVV in midrise. With 35% payment gone in some of the midrise, you will have comfortable entry in IVV with your cash flow at the moment.

With 1.5l you meant an Emi then you can leverage your cash flows to also enter in 2bhk of 67a apart from buying 3bhk in IVV. If you want to spread your portfolio beyond then pick up a small unit in SPR . Anthem floor 1100 sqft can come in 70l. There are other new launched in that area around 6k so try to pick a unit there.

In terms of ROI IVV will get you best return from current level. Please visit IVV Thread to read my views and future prediction in it.

All the best.

RA
    CommentQuote
  • Great advice from 2 stalvarts rushil and shkhan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rushilarora
    I guess sitting abroad first thing you should do is to drop the idea of investing in commercial or retail in gurgaon. There is a supply glut in this segment and with more supply coming in the problem is only going to get compounded.

RA

Hi Rushil - would like your opinion on how would commercial investment work out in area like GCX - with the whole FDI stuff do we feel that its viable to enter - fyi - I live in NCR.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a ton Rushil and Shkhan ji! Great suggestions! Definitely gives me a direction...BTW, regarding tax on capital gains from Uptown, I am thinking of selling it after april 13...I booked in apr 2010 and I guess if I sell uptown in long term (3yrs+) and invest in another residential property in a time frame of -1 to +2 yrs from the date of sale of Uptown, I get 100% tax savings, right?

Regarding IREO projects, I am feeling a little biased towards Skyon since it is in the middle of IREO city and getting a feeling that in the long run (3yrs+) the percentage appreciation there will be higher than IVV. What do you say?

I do understand that with skyon, I will exhaust all my money (cash in hand+inflow from uptown proceeds+monthly input) and not think about anything for 3 yrs :D Not sure how sensible is that as a investor...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gabarsingh
    Just study sector 70 pocket ..after spr clearnaces prices may shoot up ....dwarika expressway is a gud bet to buy but in resale only now..(may u can absorb cash also)

Thanks, Gabarsingh! Will look into sector 70...what clearances are you talking about?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shkhan

2. Heritage One

1. Raheja Revanta
    2. Emaar Palm Garden
    4. Godrej Frontier

Wah khaansaab!!!

Why is it when I read yours and Rushilbhai's advisory posts, I feel its a post by me with a little less ( or a little more) Johny walker in my stomach than usual???
    CommentQuote
  • Anger ji - itni raat ko IREF mein kya kar rahe ho? Saw another post where you replied 5:30 am aur yeh 2am!! has to be high RE passion!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Panoma
    Anger ji - itni raat ko IREF mein kya kar rahe ho? Saw another post where you replied 5:30 am aur yeh 2am!! has to be high RE passion!

arre sir mat poocho... had been writing the reply to your query .. had written atleast a 3,000 word synopsis till i pressed backspace to correct a typo and voila!!! instead of moving the cursor, it went on the previous page.. 1 ghante se oopar ka write up kharab ho gaya....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! how can I bloody do this :( :( :( :( :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    arre sir mat poocho... had been writing the reply to your query .. had written atleast a 3,000 word synopsis till i pressed backspace to correct a typo and voila!!! instead of moving the cursor, it went on the previous page.. 1 ghante se oopar ka write up kharab ho gaya....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! how can I bloody do this :( :( :( :( :(

accha hua maine aapki johny walker nahi leee :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shkhan
    accha hua maine aapki johny walker nahi leee :)

Dil tod dia aapne!!! shayad isiliye post gayab ho gayi... good write up though... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger

Thanks, Anger ji for taking that time out! And sorry about the waste! :( Dont worry about it, I got what you advised....let me think a little more on this...is mahine final decision ka laddoo to definitely khilaungi! ;)
    CommentQuote