Dear friends,
I am new member here and this is my first post.

I wish to invest in a property in Gurgaon. I am not going to live in it and my investment horizan is 5 years. I have following queries and any directions and guidance will be appreciated.

Should this investment be in a plot or an apartment for maximum appreciation?
    Which one of Golf Course Ext Road or NH-8 has better potential considering approach, connectivity, infrastructure development etc.
    I am inclined towards buying a plot (minimum 200 Sq Yd) on Golf Course Ext Road. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers..
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If I were in your place, would have picked up a plot in south city 2 or malibu town. Assuming cheque/cash break up is not a problem for you.

Originally Posted by P Verma
    Dear friends,
    I am new member here and this is my first post.

I wish to invest One Cr in a property in Gurgaon. I am not going to live in it and my investment horizan is 5 years. I have following queries and any directions and guidance will be appreciated.

Should this investment be in a plot or an apartment for maximum appreciation?
      Which one of Golf Course Ext Road or NH-8 has better potential considering approach, connectivity, infrastructure development etc.
      I am inclined towards buying a plot (minimum 200 Sq Yd) on Golf Course Ext Road. Any recommendations?
      Thanks in advance.
      Cheers..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for such a quick reply. Much appreciated. The break-up I have is 50-50. Can I get approx 200 Sq yd plot in the localities you have mentioned?

Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • For malibu town, the break up generally is as follows :

circle rate : 40 k so for 192 sq yards - around 77 in cheq and rest colored. deal size around 1.15

for south city 2 - you need more cheque as the circle rate is 50 k and the market rate is around 60 k. so about 80% is cheque.

for 50-50, you can try sectors where circle rate is 30-40k and market rate is 60-80k correspondingly. sectors which come to mind are 45, 46 , 38, 39, 42 etc etc. However, here you can only get a 160 sq yard in 1 cr.

If you wanna go to new gurgaon, i have heard that there are some NPNL plots being offered by DLF in sector91-92 which have a 50-50 break up. However, u need to check with a big DLF broker for this .

Originally Posted by P Verma
    Thanks for such a quick reply. Much appreciated. The break-up I have is 50-50. Can I get approx 200 Sq yd plot in the localities you have mentioned?

Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks once again vshinde98.

How about sector 48? I see on the map that there are many developers in this sector. Where and how is Krishsh? I am planning to go there next week-end. I live in Delhi and have been up to Sun City, Sector-56 and Ardee City and not beyond.

Cheers..
    CommentQuote
  • Its pure health discussion, please dont take it hard

My friend I believe that you must be expert in this area,

However it’s just a matter of perception, Now I prefer to invest in Land than a flat. My first Investment was with JP Kosmos. Hope you know the status of that project and you can understand we can’t do any thing with JP. In last 2 years I m just paying EMI, Project is already 2 years late. Hopefully will get possession or good return after 2 yeas only.

In case of land, I got the possession right away as soon I paid for it and got all the documents (original Chain registries of last 20years) of that property. Safer side I took home loan (without involving agent) on it to because bank does all legal and technical verification for the property. Bank will not finance if property is not authorizes or disputed, I took house and rented it out with agreement so that I always have possession on property. I am not getting a good rent but my purpose is investment not the rent. I agree with you things like duplicate registry happens that’s why I have done more research on it. And when I was 100% only then I invested.

One more thing every one cant invest worth Rs 70 lac for 2bhk.

I understand we have to be very careful to purchase property in such areas and more checks are there.

At the same time private builder also try to cheat investors, Live example you can see the Noida extn case. One of my close friend invested there he bought 2 flats there. He is kind of under depression due to that He is paying EMI but not sure what would be the end result.

Point here which I want to make is. I hardly matters where you are buying but you have to be more careful and do every possible check to be safe before buying property.

Thanks
    Alok
    CommentQuote
  • Flats vs plots

Originally Posted by alok80
    Its pure health discussion, please dont take it hard

My friend I believe that you must be expert in this area,

However it’s just a matter of perception, Now I prefer to invest in Land than a flat. My first Investment was with JP Kosmos. Hope you know the status of that project and you can understand we can’t do any thing with JP. In last 2 years I m just paying EMI, Project is already 2 years late. Hopefully will get possession or good return after 2 yeas only.

In case of land, I got the possession right away as soon I paid for it and got all the documents (original Chain registries of last 20years) of that property. Safer side I took home loan (without involving agent) on it to because bank does all legal and technical verification for the property. Bank will not finance if property is not authorizes or disputed, I took house and rented it out with agreement so that I always have possession on property. I am not getting a good rent but my purpose is investment not the rent. I agree with you things like duplicate registry happens that’s why I have done more research on it. And when I was 100% only then I invested.

One more thing every one cant invest worth Rs 70 lac for 2bhk.

I understand we have to be very careful to purchase property in such areas and more checks are there.

At the same time private builder also try to cheat investors, Live example you can see the Noida extn case. One of my close friend invested there he bought 2 flats there. He is kind of under depression due to that He is paying EMI but not sure what would be the end result.

Point here which I want to make is. I hardly matters where you are buying but you have to be more careful and do every possible check to be safe before buying property.

Thanks
    Alok

Hi
    Greetings

Welcome Alok.. nice to hear a fresh breath of opinion.. GGN Ka aadmi has some very very valid points and you have justifiably provided logical answers.

Just to Recap about INVESTMENT IN PLOTS

Any property on which Bank Finance is possible is legitimate. Best Part is NRI agar Huda ka plot apne naam transfer karwa kar kahin chale jao.. char diwari ki zaroorat bhi nahin hai. 5-7 saal baad aake bhi aapka.. Kabza impossible.. simple FIR will do the job..
      Still Best hauls are Huda Plots which are just newly being alloted. Reason Pay Huda part money and rest in Installments(even if purchased in resale). If you dont have money (worst case:D) plot is still yours and nominal 9% interest is chargebleby Huda. Current Secured medium term fd rates of Nationalised banks are 10%+. If one is a bit adventurous (like me) can get 14.5% secured 4yr fd from Private Ltd Companies (not recommended to all).
      Further plots have advantage in terms of low to no maintenance cost.. Flats after possesion have cost on psf basis.
      Transparency in Huda plot prices is immaculate..chances of getting fooled are very less. price difference from one broker to other will be just 50 to 100 psy for regularly traded properties. Thus simple inquiries with 3-4 brokers provide acurate, dependable results..
      Now the best part, Individual flat registry on plots where allowed offers an additional progressive market of new property dealer/civil engineers turned enterprenuers offers a distinct depth to overall saleability of plots not available in case of flats..
      Chances of increased FAR are 3rd floor registry would straight away catapult plot prices by 25-40% or will make cost of construction free for the owner as and when applicable..
      bank finance on all Huda Plots
      Obviously comes with disadvantages as large ticket size (Pick one that U can manage of own or bank finance), coloured money ( I found solution for that as well.chalu accountant CA..he he). Plots therefore are winners over flats any day..

Baki alok ji is forum main bhi bahut se lok depression main hain.. apke Noida wale dost ki tarah..builders ki wajah se.. Homes from hell pada??..;)

CheersObviously comes with disadvantages as large ticket size (Pick one that U can manage of own or bank finance), coloured money ( I found solution for that as well.chalu accountant CA..he he). Plots therefore are winners over flats any day..

Baki alok ji is forum main bhi bahut se lok depression main hain.. apke Noida wale dost ki tarah..builders ki wajah se.. Homes from hell pada??..;)

CheersObviously comes with disadvantages as large ticket size (Pick one that U can manage of own or bank finance), coloured money ( I found solution for that as well.chalu accountant CA..he he). Plots therefore are winners over flats any day..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Investment in Plot vs Apartment in Gurgaon

Hi,
    There are some existing threads on this topic but I want to have a different discussion especially with respect to Gurgaon. Hence a new thread.

I want to understand the following:

a. In Gurgaon, there is a specific FAR allowed on plots which is about 1.45 times for smaller plots and 1.2 times for larger ones. This means that a specific maximum area can be constructed on a plot. While comparing Apartments and plots, we find:
    Apartments provide benefits like security, good infrastructure, brand value and power backup. Plots provide benefits like ownership of land, personal garden, flexibility of design and even power backup can be arranged thru gensets in larger plots. Now, all plots can be sold floor wise so one has the option of arranging funds at time of distress by selling a floor and continuing to use the balance area of the plot.

Question: While comparing the price of an apartment with that of a fully constructed plot , should both prices be same or should there be some difference? Which one should generally be higher? I find plots have more benefits but apartments are more expensive.

b. Within plots, generally smaller plots are more expensive per sq yard as compared to larger ones. . However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.
    CommentQuote
  • Plot vs apartment

Hi,
    There are some existing threads on this topic but I want to have a different discussion especially with respect to Gurgaon. Hence a new thread.

I want to understand the following:

a. In Gurgaon, there is a specific FAR allowed on plots which is about 1.45 times for smaller plots and 1.2 times for larger ones. This means that a specific maximum area can be constructed on a plot. While comparing Apartments and plots, we find:
    Apartments provide benefits like security, good infrastructure, brand value and power backup. Plots provide benefits like ownership of land, personal garden, flexibility of design and even power backup can be arranged thru gensets in larger plots. Now, all plots can be sold floor wise so one has the option of arranging funds at time of distress by selling a floor and continuing to use the balance area of the plot.

Question: While comparing the price of an apartment with that of a fully constructed plot , should both prices be same or should there be some difference? Which one should generally be higher? I find plots have more benefits but apartments are more expensive.

b. Within plots, generally smaller plots are more expensive per sq yard as compared to larger ones. . However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.. However, larger plots are generally smaller in number in any sector which should mean smaller supply and consequently higher price per sq yard. Pl comment. Also pl advise on how much price difference per sq yard there should be between a smaller and larger plot assuming a similar location.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi. Any views?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi. Any views?
    CommentQuote
  • i hv invested in G99 plots ...

the price diff for small and larger plot is not much.

smaller size .. say upto 350 sq yds is resold for approx 52k psy and larger plots at 50 k psy.
    CommentQuote
  • i hv invested in G99 plots ...

the price diff for small and larger plot is not much.

smaller size .. say upto 350 sq yds is resold for approx 52k psy and larger plots at 50 k psy.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All
    Happy Diwali!!!

I am looking for investment and bit confused between plot or apartment.
    I have 2 options, either i invest in plot or invest in 2-3 apartment.
    For plot i shortlisted DLF 91 plot or G99 plot and for apartment i am considering unitech park view (70 sec),Ansal (86) etc.

This is only from investment point of view,and i am confused whether i shd go for plot or diversify my invst.

i am india for short period so need to make the decision on priority basis.

Kindly give ur feedback..so that i can make the right decision.

Thanks!!

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chattri
    Dear All
    Happy Diwali!!!

I am looking for investment and bit confused between plot or apartment.
    I have 2 options, either i invest in plot or invest in 2-3 apartment.
    For plot i shortlisted DLF 91 plot or G99 plot and for apartment i am considering unitech park view (70 sec),Ansal (86) etc.

This is only from investment point of view,and i am confused whether i shd go for plot or diversify my invst.

i am india for short period so need to make the decision on priority basis.

Kindly give ur feedback..so that i can make the right decision.

Thanks!!

for plots both are good dlf as well as uppal
    but for flat i will say dont go with ansal 86 sector as constrction is not even started

if u want to invest only in 1 out of above i will say uppal g99

( ignore if u don't like )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhay1991
    for plots both are good dlf as well as uppal
    but for flat i will say dont go with ansal 86 sector as constrction is not even started

if u want to invest only in 1 out of above i will say uppal g99

( ignore if u don't like )

Thanks Abhayji!!
    Plot or apartment, which will give me good returns in future?
    and if you can suggest me some good option..pls let me know.?
    CommentQuote