Dear friends,
I am new member here and this is my first post.

I wish to invest in a property in Gurgaon. I am not going to live in it and my investment horizan is 5 years. I have following queries and any directions and guidance will be appreciated.

Should this investment be in a plot or an apartment for maximum appreciation?
    Which one of Golf Course Ext Road or NH-8 has better potential considering approach, connectivity, infrastructure development etc.
    I am inclined towards buying a plot (minimum 200 Sq Yd) on Golf Course Ext Road. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers..
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chattri
    Thanks Abhayji!!
    Plot or apartment, which will give me good returns in future?
    and if you can suggest me some good option..pls let me know.?

plot will give good returns
    but there are some good appartements also on dew which are good like chintls paradiso , ats kocoon u can slo look that
    CommentQuote
  • Plots require long term investment and are not very liquid. Investment in flats can be short/medium/long term and is more liquid. Over the long run. plots may give better returns.

So, basically it depends on your investment horizon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chattri
    Dear All
    Happy Diwali!!!

I am looking for investment and bit confused between plot or apartment.
    I have 2 options, either i invest in plot or invest in 2-3 apartment.
    For plot i shortlisted DLF 91 plot or G99 plot and for apartment i am considering unitech park view (70 sec),Ansal (86) etc.

This is only from investment point of view,and i am confused whether i shd go for plot or diversify my invst.

i am india for short period so need to make the decision on priority basis.

Kindly give ur feedback..so that i can make the right decision.

Thanks!!

Never heard about unitech park view? Do you mean Unitech South Park?
    CommentQuote
  • Would suggest you to go for a flat, it is safer and more liquid option. My suggestion would be to go for a good builder either on SPR (where appreciation will happen over 1-2 yrs) or sectors 109-113 on DEW (where a much larger appreciation will happen over next 4-5 yrs). But do go for a very well reputed builder e.g., Chintels, ATS

Also avoid Unitech, its in financial mess with at least 7-8 projects under various stages of development, none of which is close to completion. Also, its quality is very poor
    CommentQuote
  • can u also suggest rates in DLF phases of gurgaon...and is their correction as delhi as corrected by 10-15% in last 2 months
    CommentQuote
  • Delhi has corrected only in parts. West Delhi has had the most corrrection upto 20%. Most areas in South have not seen any correction and i can speak based on recent deals.
    The rates in DLF have moderated by 5% or so but not much. However there arent many buyers in the market.
    CommentQuote
  • area jor bagh/ vasant kunj has corrected from 10 to 8 lacs psyd....so has Gk .....my view so has whole of delhi more or less
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ADIT11983
    area jor bagh/ vasant kunj has corrected from 10 to 8 lacs psyd....so has Gk .....my view so has whole of delhi more or less

Do you see correction happening in Gurgaon as well soon ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chirag09
    Do you see correction happening in Gurgaon as well soon ?

market is stable from the last 3 months
    CommentQuote
  • See signs are their as For last 3 months rates are stable (in fact going down at slow pace)....buyers are difficult to come...GDP is not improving and so is the investor sentiment...delhi is in correction mode..so next step logically should be correction in gurgoan and whole of NCR....and will be more vicious then Delhi. My view...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ADIT11983
    See signs are their as For last 3 months rates are stable (in fact going down at slow pace)....buyers are difficult to come...GDP is not improving and so is the investor sentiment...delhi is in correction mode..so next step logically should be correction in gurgoan and whole of NCR....and will be more vicious then Delhi. My view...

GDP has been slowing down, but the fundamentals still seem to be in place for a growing RE market. Rentals are going up, home loan rates have been brought down, FD rates are not rising, stock market returns have been dismal and gold seems to be over priced now. So both from a fundamental demand point of view and from an investor point of view, RE does look a strong bet

Moreover, unlike Mumbai, in Delhi not a lot of people are in financial sector which is actually facing the maximum heat. So I do see demand going up in Delhi, but the mad crazy frenzy that was brought about by investors and agents seem to be giving away to more realistic buys

All the new launches that I have been hearing of on DEW, seem to be priced at a higher and a higher price. ~5500 has become the lower limit in sectors like 103, ~6000 in 104/106, ~7000 in 109 and ~8000+ in 110/113. Their volumes might have slowed down, but that is not impacting the prices yet

Guess, some positive signalling from center, will help get the momentum back

My personal opinion
    CommentQuote
  • in the long term yes but the rally seems to be stoppiing for next 2 years and boom after that
    CommentQuote
  • Plot vs apartment

Hi All

I want to invest around 1-1.2cr . I am more inclined towards investing it in some plot but my fellow mates are advising me to invest in builder apartments.
    Seeing so many horror stories about builders, i am not convinced to rely on any builder as all have bad reputation of delivering late or may be never.
    Please advice what should be the course of action.
    If its plot, what area should i consider to buy plot.
    If its apartment, what should be right project. My time frame is to hold for a yr or two.

Please advice.

Best regards
    newjoinee
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newjoinee
    Hi All

I want to invest around 1-1.2cr . I am more inclined towards investing it in some plot but my fellow mates are advising me to invest in builder apartments.
    Seeing so many horror stories about builders, i am not convinced to rely on any builder as all have bad reputation of delivering late or may be never.
    Please advice what should be the course of action.
    If its plot, what area should i consider to buy plot.
    If its apartment, what should be right project. My time frame is to hold for a yr or two.

Please advice.

Best regards
    newjoinee

if it is pure investment and you have lumpsum money (black and white) go for plots as land always appreciate whereas apartments appreciate on the land where they are built.
    if the cash flow is restricted and would be available in another 2-3 years, go for apartment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart111
    if it is pure investment and you have lumpsum money (black and white) go for plots as land always appreciate whereas apartments appreciate on the land where they are built.
    if the cash flow is restricted and would be available in another 2-3 years, go for apartment.

I am also sailing in same boat But with cash 75L .. rest loan..

What you guys suggest
    CommentQuote