Need suggestions from fellow forum users

I need to invest 1.1cr in a property (against long term capital gain) -

I have shortlisted DLF New Town Heights 1845 or 2230 unit. Any indication on the pricing? I believe the possession should happen - worst case by December 2013.

Three points in my consideration set -
1. Possession Latest by March 2014. This cant be missed
2. It would be a minimum 5 years investment horizon
3. I need to close on the investment in next 1 month

Any other options that i should consider along with NTH? I am looking at a property in Gurgaon region only (gurgaon, new gurgaon, dharuhera, bhiwardi).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • why dont u put some money and buy some ready to move in property.
    CommentQuote
  • That depends, in the already habitated areas of gurgaon i dnt think so any good project will be costing less than 1.50 Cr of a good builder... DLF NTH is a good proposition both for end use and investment point of view...
    Sky court is on 24 mtr road launched at 6500.... NTH at 90 mtr road is anyday better bet than skycourt at the current prices... 1845 should be 4500-4600 i guess.. bigger sizes to be a bit less..
    will not suggest to go to dharuhera/bhiwadi etc etc as in this budget you can get things easily in new ggn, dew....
    you can explore more options to be ready to move in 1 year and then take your decision...

Originally Posted by Manu321
    why dont u put some money and buy some ready to move in property.
    CommentQuote
  • I would also suggest to put in more money if needed and buy RTM only if there is a max timelimit of 15 months from now.
    DLF Park Place/Belair were near possession for some 1.5 years so its very iffy to depend on almost possession sort of stuff.
    CommentQuote
  • i agree with shsaxena, safer to put in RTM since LTCG issue time bar is the obvious reason for you insisting on march 2014.

at that budget you may get some 2bhks in sohna road , as even 3 bhks are not avlbl in this budget.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    i agree with shsaxena, safer to put in RTM since LTCG issue time bar is the obvious reason for you insisting on march 2014.

at that budget you may get some 2bhks in sohna road , as even 3 bhks are not avlbl in this budget.

Even if you get possession of a property in New Gurgaon / DEX way by 2014, it wont be livable for atleast 3-4 years and hence you could not be using it but would be liable to pay the maintenance.

My suggestion would be to look towards Sohna Road SPR properties like Uniworld Garden 2/ Tulip properties.
    CommentQuote
  • true, but the thing is that if one is getting a good 3 BHK unit of dlf in this price it makes sense, sohna road we all know is a blunder till now with messy entries into projects, lot of villages..
    only concern is that will dlf be able to give the possession by year end or not????
    also this project has delayed const clause of 15/sqft/mnth... so dlf is already losing quite a big amount in this project... plus there is tpr also.. most of the people over there dont have to pay anything from their pocket now... people have started holding their units.... it is already delayed by around 2 yrs now..

Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    i agree with shsaxena, safer to put in RTM since LTCG issue time bar is the obvious reason for you insisting on march 2014.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulsethi75
    Need suggestions from fellow forum users

I need to invest 1.1cr in a property (against long term capital gain) -

I have shortlisted DLF New Town Heights 1845 or 2230 unit. Any indication on the pricing? I believe the possession should happen - worst case by December 2013.

Three points in my consideration set -
    1. Possession Latest by March 2014. This cant be missed
    2. It would be a minimum 5 years investment horizon
    3. I need to close on the investment in next 1 month

Any other options that i should consider along with NTH? I am looking at a property in Gurgaon region only (gurgaon, new gurgaon, dharuhera, bhiwardi).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

You can consider Tulip Ace - 2200SF 3BHK in 1 Crore and possession in 2013. I liked the flat layout over NTH and its premium apartments and decently priced. However, NTH comes with DLF tag..!!
    CommentQuote
  • Get a good size RTM 4 Bhk at ashiana in Bhiwadi for half the price. Infra is there so no issues about that. Construction quality, maintenance of ashiana projects would be at par with DLF but you don't pay that much.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyday investment in gurgaon will fetch far more returns than any of the satellite town nearby... as the foceus will shift more towards the nh-8 in coming times the new ggn will become the centre of gurgaon and will see the rates which cant be afforded by anyone and everyone... and seeing the infra as it is now no doubt in coming years that area will be the best bet

Originally Posted by djvjain
    Get a good size RTM 4 Bhk at ashiana in Bhiwadi for half the price. Infra is there so no issues about that. Construction quality, maintenance of ashiana projects would be at par with DLF but you don't pay that much.
    CommentQuote
  • Thankyou guys for all the help & your suggestions.

Nothing worth while available in my budget in the developed part of gurgaon - DLF 1 to 5 or sushantlok 1 to 3 or GCX. I am not keen on Sohna road or Group housing flats.

In 1.1 cr - i guess the best bet is to invest for the future. And new gurgaon seems to be a better choice. How would you rate the following

DLF NTH 2230 unit
    DLF NTH 2630 unit
    Tulip Ace 2200 unit
    Ananda 3BHk unit
    Maceo 2145 unit

Which is the best sector for NTH? I havent checked the market yet on the availability, But i guess it should be available in resale. Anybody has done any research on the same?

thx
    CommentQuote
  • Rahul, time is a constraint in this case. Therefore, taking risk with NTH does not make sense. If you want to stick with New Gurgaon, Tulip Ace/Petals is the best option.

Or else, you can also consider Mahindra Aura- I, for which expected possession is sometime in 2013.
    CommentQuote
  • Tulip Petals resale price is around Rs. 4500/- to 4700/-psf depending on the size and property location.

Mahindra Aura resale price is around Rs. 5500/-psf
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumaranshul
    Rahul, time is a constraint in this case. Therefore, taking risk with NTH does not make sense. If you want to stick with New Gurgaon, Tulip Ace/Petals is the best option.

Or else, you can also consider Mahindra Aura- I, for which expected possession is sometime in 2013.

Although Aura is a very good project and possession might happen as you are saying but that area will not be livable by that time so no point blocking your money where can't live or rent.
    CommentQuote
  • A correction - I have time till March 2015

One correction - I have 3 years from the time of sale of my house to take possession of new property; i earlier thought it was 2 and hence i mentioned march 2014. Although i have to identify & invest in the property and Specify it in my IT return by this year filing.

So, basically i have time till March-April 2015 to get the possession & register the property in my name. Does it change any scenarios?

How about Ireo IVV? how much would the smallest unit cost? If i up my budget to 1.5cr - do you guys think it would fit in? And is it advisable?

Let me know. And thank you all for your frank feedback and suggestions

Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Then in this case NTH can be the best bet... even in worse case NTH will be given possession by 2015...
    Ananda/Maceo can be good bet depending on the location.. i am however not so keen on the tulip...if it is on some inner sector road of sec 89 then it will be good.. bang on pataudi road has both pros and cons.. pros as of now is the accessibility at present.. however in future there might be lot of heavy vehicles on that road...

Originally Posted by rahulsethi75
    One correction - I have 3 years from the time of sale of my house to get possession of new property; i earlier thought it was 2 and hence i mentioned march 2014. Although i have to identify & invest in the property and mentioned it in my IT return by this year filing.

So basically i have a time till March-April 2015 to get the possession & register the property in my name. Does it change any scenarios?

How about Ireo IVV? how much would the smallest unit cost? If i up my budget to 1.5cr - do you guys think it would fit in? And is it advisable?

Let me know. And thank you all for your frank feedback and suggestions

Cheers!
    CommentQuote