Hi,
Both Vatika Seven Lamps and Universal Aura are at the same location, with similar specifications (I compared the information given on their websites). But the resale price of the two properties differs by almost 1000psf from what I can tell.

The only difference I can see is the reputation of the builder - Vatika is a reputed builder with a number of completed projects, though it seems to delay its projects. Universal is a fairly unknown builder with no completed residential projects - it has two ongoing residential projects. It does have commercial projects though.

Can someone explain if there's any other reason for the price difference?

Thank you.
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • reputed builder
    big society
    quality
    you will get possession earlier
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhay
    reputed builder
    big society
    quality
    you will get possession earlier

i agree that vatika is more reputed and its quality should be better.
    vatika is only slightly bigger - 11.9 acres vs universal's 11.0
    not too sure of the possession... vatika has a reputation for delays. but then, we don't know how delayed universal will get.

these were the reasons i could think of as well. does anyone know of any known issues with the universal project because of which it is priced lesser?
    CommentQuote
  • Vatika v/s Universal

Sohil / Abhay

Vatika and Universal are two different things all together.

Universal does projects while Vatika does townships.

Vatika is a much larger outfit and if far stronger in finances, resources and reputation.
    Vatika has always been priced higher higher (all its projects) in comparison to other players in same areas and with similar projects.
    however Vatika projects are generally always delayed.
    Nonetheless, Vatika has always given very good returns on investments.
    Quality is delivered by Vatika and the delivered properties are managed and maintained well.

Universal has a few commercial projects which show that the quality of product is good.
    However when you look for occupancy (end users) or resales Universal does not measure anywhere close to Vatika.

If you look from an investers perspective, JUST GO for Vatika.
    I'm sharing this from personal experience.
    With Vatika invest keeping yourself prepared for a delay in delivery, how ever it is amply compensated by the returns on investment.

Originally Posted by SohilA
    not too sure of the possession... vatika has a reputation for delays. but then, we don't know how delayed universal will get.

these were the reasons i could think of as well. does anyone know of any known issues with the universal project because of which it is priced lesser?
    CommentQuote
  • Vatika v/s Universal

Sohil

Don't compare 11 acres of Universal with 11.1 acres of Vatika Seven Lamps.

Compare it with the total 750 acres of Vatika INEXT Township of which Seven Lamps is Just a small part.

I am invested in both residential and commercial with Vatika and have been so for a decade and am one happy investor.

Also as an end user in Vatika City on Sohna road, I am a Happy Vatika resident.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by CaptainYadav
    Sohil / Abhay

Vatika and Universal are two different things all together.

Universal does projects while Vatika does townships.

Vatika is a much larger outfit and if far stronger in finances, resources and reputation.
    Vatika has always been priced higher higher (all its projects) in comparison to other players in same areas and with similar projects.
    however Vatika projects are generally always delayed.
    Nonetheless, Vatika has always given very good returns on investments.
    Quality is delivered by Vatika and the delivered properties are managed and maintained well.

Universal has a few commercial projects which show that the quality of product is good.
    However when you look for occupancy (end users) or resales Universal does not measure anywhere close to Vatika.

If you look from an investers perspective, JUST GO for Vatika.
    I'm sharing this from personal experience.
    With Vatika invest keeping yourself prepared for a delay in delivery, how ever it is amply compensated by the returns on investment.

Thank you for your response.

I agree that a reputed builder like Vatika would definitely give me a better RoI than a relatively unknown builder like Universal. But I'm looking for a property for end-use and not for investment. For that purpose, I would prefer a property with a somewhat predictable possession time frame. If I can get a cheaper property which still maintains good quality, then that would obviously be a plus.

Looking at Universal commercial projects, I feel that their product quality is pretty good. Plus the Aura easily fits in my budget (around 70-75L). To be able to go for the Seven Lamps, I would have to stretch my budget by at least 20%.

So my question is: given that Universal quality is good, though probably not at as good as Vatika's, would you still recommend that I spring an additional 20-25% for Seven Lamps? As I mentioned earlier, the flat would be for end-use so RoI is not a driving factor.

Thank you.
    CommentQuote
  • Vatika V/s Universal

Sohil

If you are looking for a residential property for end use, you will be living there and would want a certain quality of life.

The quality of construction in commercial projects of Universal is decent and hopefully they'll keep it up in residential as well.

However after completion the project will need to be managed and maintained.
    Vatika has experience in management and maintenance of residential township and are doing it better than most builders and developers around town.

If you can stretch your budget a bit and go for Vatika, you should do so.

Regarding delivery timelines, just the hand over of posession of your appartment would not be enough for you to start living there.

A lot more would be required, such as roads, infrastructure, schools, hospitals, shops malls, transport etc.
    A major part of infrastructure in that area is being developed by Vatika (e.g roads, schools, shops etc) If Universal delivers the project a little earlier than Vatika, it would not make much difference as Vatika will make the area habitable only when their projects are ready for delivery.

i have no vested interest in either. I have known both builders for a long time.
    Had it been a corporate / business tower, with this ratio of rates I would probably have said "toss a coin and decide which one to go for".

Thank you for your response.

I agree that a reputed builder like Vatika would definitely give me a better RoI than a relatively unknown builder like Universal. But I'm looking for a property for end-use and not for investment. For that purpose, I would prefer a property with a somewhat predictable possession time frame. If I can get a cheaper property which still maintains good quality, then that would obviously be a plus.

Looking at Universal commercial projects, I feel that their product quality is pretty good. Plus the Aura easily fits in my budget (around 70-75L). To be able to go for the Seven Lamps, I would have to stretch my budget by at least 20%.

So my question is: given that Universal quality is good, though probably not at as good as Vatika's, would you still recommend that I spring an additional 20-25% for Seven Lamps? As I mentioned earlier, the flat would be for end-use so RoI is not a driving factor.

Thank you.
    CommentQuote
  • If u can stretch ur budget, wud suggest to go for seven lamps which is better for end use. also seven lamps is located well as there are no other high rises around.

Sent from my -SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • I compared the flat sizes available in both the projects. I can get a 1578 sq. ft. 3BHK (no study/servant room) in Aura. This would cost me somewhere around 65L. Seven Lamps has a 1430 sq. ft. 2BHK + Study which would cost around 75L and a 1877 sq. ft. 3BHK + Study which would cost around 95L-1Cr. The latter is definitely out of budget.

So I'm left with a 1578 sq. ft. 3BHK in Aura vs a 1430 sq. ft. 2BHK + Study in Seven Lamps with the Seven Lamps being about 10L dearer.

@CoronaExtra, the location of both the projects is the same - they are across the road to each other. I haven't been to the location myself (I plan to go sometime today) but from what I know, There are 3 projects in that area - Seven Lamps, Aura and Mapsko Royal Ville.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SohilA
    I compared the flat sizes available in both the projects. I can get a 1578 sq. ft. 3BHK (no study/servant room) in Aura. This would cost me somewhere around 65L. Seven Lamps has a 1430 sq. ft. 2BHK + Study which would cost around 75L and a 1877 sq. ft. 3BHK + Study which would cost around 95L-1Cr. The latter is definitely out of budget.

So I'm left with a 1578 sq. ft. 3BHK in Aura vs a 1430 sq. ft. 2BHK + Study in Seven Lamps with the Seven Lamps being about 10L dearer.

@CoronaExtra, the location of both the projects is the same - they are across the road to each other. I haven't been to the location myself (I plan to go sometime today) but from what I know, There are 3 projects in that area - Seven Lamps, Aura and Mapsko Royal Ville.

If budget is d pblm tan go for independent floors like Emilia etc. to me it looks like u r already decided abt universal bro tan why to bother discussing here. Just go and do it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sagar cool
    If budget is d pblm tan go for independent floors like Emilia etc. to me it looks like u r already decided abt universal bro tan why to bother discussing here. Just go and do it.

i haven't decided on universal. i'm open to any other decent option which fits my budget. unfortunately, seven lamps does not seem to be one of them.
    CommentQuote
    i haven't decided on universal. i'm open to any other decent option which fits my budget. unfortunately, seven lamps does not seem to be one of them.

Will sound odd in this discussion, but their are other projects in this region even in new bookings at lesser prices. Unless one has completely zeroed in on one project, there is no harm in looking around for some other projects too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by defender
    Will sound odd in this discussion, but their are other projects in this region even in new bookings at lesser prices. Unless one has completely zeroed in on one project, there is no harm in looking around for some other projects too.

I couldn't see any new bookings at those levels. I would love to know of new booking at this price point. Can you point me to some of these?
    CommentQuote
    I couldn't see any new bookings at those levels. I would love to know of new booking at this price point. Can you point me to some of these?

Did you try antariksh heights, not sure how much is the price but should be lower. Last I heard from close friend that Privy AT4 is available in little over 5k+ in new booking. MAy be you need to bargain very hard for that, but no harm in trying the luck. scenario is not as rosy as builders shows us and if one get lucky, real deal is possible. resale deals are better that way. U should be able to get something around 42-43 provided you have upfront amount.
    CommentQuote
  • Universal Aura vs Spaze Privy AT4

Originally Posted by defender
    Did you try antariksh heights, not sure how much is the price but should be lower. Last I heard from close friend that Privy AT4 is available in little over 5k+ in new booking. MAy be you need to bargain very hard for that, but no harm in trying the luck. scenario is not as rosy as builders shows us and if one get lucky, real deal is possible. resale deals are better that way. U should be able to get something around 42-43 provided you have upfront amount.

I checked out Privy AT4. It seems to be of rates similar to Aura in resale. Would Spaze be a better option than Universal? It is the first residential project for both of them.
    CommentQuote
    I checked out Privy AT4. It seems to be of rates similar to Aura in resale. Would Spaze be a better option than Universal? It is the first residential project for both of them.

Sohil

- You can also try Mapsko Casabella.

Pros - Builder has earlier done project with the name of Krishna Apra in Noida and their projects outcome has been gud.
    Cons - Construction is going at slow pace

- Orris Carnation. -
    Pros - It also fits in your budget and possession is expected in this year.(3 bhk under 70 lakhs)
    Cons - Next to village

- Ramprastha Edge Tower or View -

Pros - Possession in this year. I was really impressed with their build quality.
    Cons - Location is little far from New Gurgaon but they have started direct approach road from Dway Expressway.

- Mahindra Aura -
    Pros - Great build quality, close to fully developed palam vihar, Posession in 3-5 months. 2bhk + study under 75 lakhs
    Cons - Next to a open drain (i have heard mahndra will cover the drain), To reach the site you need to cross a railway crossing, ROB will take atleast 3-4 years
    CommentQuote