Have been watching prices in dwarka and they seem to lagging behind gurgaon over the last 1 year.
Dwarka vs gurgaon has been discussed from an investors perspective but from a infrastructure perspective i do not seem to understand the price gap - gurgaon seems overpriced,a lot like tech stocks which have minimal fundamentals but a lot of potential cash flow forecasting sold by promoters.

Here is my dilemma
For a 5yr horizon is it better holding a flat in gurgaon or dwarka? ie ride the wave without fundamentals or hold onto something concrete with established surrpundings and bankable infrastructure

a) I plan to stay in the flat
b) Workplace is gurgaon
c) 0 leverage
d) Dont care about swimming pool and club

Gurgaon (non GC and GCX) is probably good with a 5yrs+ horizon but i dont think there is much upside left in it (compared to dwarka)
ie the current price differential between both will not widen significantly

any thoughts and critcisms welcome..
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • seeing the trend, Dwarka hype and New Launch rates, "Dwarka,Delhi" now appears to be dependent on "Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon"..

What an Irony
    CommentQuote
  • @rockafella
    Go for dwarka if you can afford. Its better for entire family then expressway any day.

@cookie
    Expressway is seen more because the land is given to pvt builders without any infrastructure in place. All pvt builders/brokers are creating the buzz cause its their livelihood. Projects on expressway are itself an industry for a large no of people. To promote it is their fulltime job. No such thing in dwarka. Land not allocated to pvt builders. Its not advertised.

For end user Dwarka will win hands down. exceptions are those who want a flat > 4 cr with all bells and whistles.lavish clubs,pools etc - They may opt for gurgaon ( that too south of NH8 not in expressway)

Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rockafella
    Have been watching prices in dwarka and they seem to lagging behind gurgaon over the last 1 year.
    Dwarka vs gurgaon has been discussed from an investors perspective but from a infrastructure perspective i do not seem to understand the price gap - gurgaon seems overpriced,a lot like tech stocks which have minimal fundamentals but a lot of potential cash flow forecasting sold by promoters.

Here is my dilemma
    For a 5yr horizon is it better holding a flat in gurgaon or dwarka? ie ride the wave without fundamentals or hold onto something concrete with established surrpundings and bankable infrastructure

b) Workplace is gurgaon
    c) 0 leverage
    d) Dont care about swimming pool and club

Gurgaon (non GC and GCX) is probably good with a 5yrs+ horizon but i dont think there is much upside left in it (compared to dwarka)
    ie the current price differential between both will not widen significantly

any thoughts and critcisms welcome..

I feel there is no comparison,Gurgaon is a gaon outside your complex,infra is in absolute mess,cost of living is absolute high,no power with out back up.In fact back up power is state provided eletricity.Main power is from gen set.Dwarka infra is far far better and in place.USP of dwarka E WAY is closure to delhi and airport.Dwarka in delhi and closest to airport.Club and swiming pool are plenty in dwarka,now a days every school ( and you will find tens of schools which ever sector you talk about) having swiming pool open to all people at very nominal fees.Price what is being talk about in gurgaon is not sustainable and you can not defy fundamentals for long.prices are in dwarka also very high but at least you have infra in place.School,colleges,now medical also,roads,power,transport ,connectivity,market,every thing is near by.I think there is no comparison
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks all.
    I have been inclined on dwarka and continue to do so. Recently saw a flat in Sec 10 asking 1.6 3bed 3 balcony 2bath (one is as big as a room and suitable for a garden to host parties).
    With 25L refurbishment on top the place could turn out very plush with italian marble, veneered panels, full AC, open plan kitchen. Was impressed by the 3 side openess of the flat.( seen another one in the same block done up like than). 5 mins walk from metro - (yess i use it... i have used metro abroad for a decade)
    Society has separate supply for drinking water and power backup ( not sure how many AC's can it support though)

So the question is why should i buy something on GC for 2.6cr+
    Havent seen any proponents of GGN on this post - perhaps they choose to ingnore the reality in the name of future development and ROI.
    CommentQuote
  • only thing dwarka is lacking is commercials...good malls...office spaces and MNCs...
    on infra it beats gurgaon by a long way and would continue to have better infra than gurgaon at least for next 5-7 years...
    another issue is quality of residences and societies...one can do the facelift for the flat..but not the society overall...
    prices would not depend on whether you care for extra amenities or not..but would depend on premium a user is ready to pay for having a better society with all amenities...
    CommentQuote
  • Well said, quality is what Dwarka is lacking and quantity is what Dwarka has as of now. And this would be the only reason why Gurgaon can be better in future, another 5-6 years.

Originally Posted by aabansal
    only thing dwarka is lacking is commercials...good malls...office spaces and MNCs...
    on infra it beats gurgaon by a long way and would continue to have better infra than gurgaon at least for next 5-7 years...
    another issue is quality of residences and societies...one can do the facelift for the flat..but not the society overall...
    prices would not depend on whether you care for extra amenities or not..but would depend on premium a user is ready to pay for having a better society with all amenities...
    CommentQuote
  • yeah..primary problems for gurgaon (bijli .. paani and road and public transport) are addressable within next 5 years timeframe..with significant work already goin on for Road & Public Transport..

Also, what is the problem with power backup..off-course apart from the cost factor..at least it is reliable..100% ... in Delhi anyway power prices are much higher and with Reliance managing to get 10% rise almost every year..you never know delhi power price may match DG power of gurgaon :bab (59):

DLF has ventured into roads and metro..i m sure it is not a big deal for DLF/IREO or others to put up a 1000 MW power plant in Manesar based on Gas or Coal...DLF is already operating around 100 MW of power plants in the Cyber city region based on the GAS supply..

Originally Posted by himrathore
    Well said, quality is what Dwarka is lacking and quantity is what Dwarka has as of now. And this would be the only region why Gurgaon can be better in future, another 5-6 years.
    CommentQuote
  • But in my opinion Dwarka has potential to grow further but only if quality projects comes in, something like Victory Valley or Raisaina can change the equation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aabansal
    yeah..primary problems for gurgaon (bijli .. paani and road and public transport) are addressable within next 5 years timeframe..with significant work already goin on for Road & Public Transport..

Also, what is the problem with power backup..off-course apart from the cost factor..at least it is reliable..100% ... in Delhi anyway power prices are much higher and with Reliance managing to get 10% rise almost every year..you never know delhi power price may match DG power of gurgaon :bab (59):

DLF has ventured into roads and metro..i m sure it is not a big deal for DLF/IREO or others to put up a 1000 MW power plant in Manesar based on Gas or Coal...DLF is already operating around 100 MW of power plants in the Cyber city region based on the GAS supply..

Food for thought- in the master plan for ggn
    a) How many public parking lots have been planned.
    b) What is the ratio of open space to floor space planned over the next decade
    c) How much space has been allocated for EWS
    d) How many police stations have been planned
    e) Is the existing nallah for drainage adequate for expansion. Before widening roads on the behest of builders this should be addressed foremost.
    (As someone has said - the advancement of the drainage system is a barometer of the country's scale of develeopment)

f) Where will the water come from -Yamuna?

People who have been abroad can probably tell the difference in town planning Eruope/US style vs Gurgaon. I can almost guarantee that in 5 years time ggn will still lack infrastructure. Infrastructure is not the same as high rise aparmetments, villa and malls.

Probably a wrong thread for the post.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by himrathore
    But in my opinion Dwarka has potential to grow further but only if quality projects comes in, something like Victory Valley or Raisaina can change the equation.

+1 himrathore.
    the day that happens gurgaon and "old dwarka" will be far behind. im unaware if there is adequate land there though
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by himrathore
    But in my opinion Dwarka has potential to grow further but only if quality projects comes in, something like Victory Valley or Raisaina can change the equation.

i think in future good projects will come
    CommentQuote
  • Dwarka is more of an MIG kind of a place.. look at the shady apartments of societies... yuck..

I wnder why people pay crores to be in Dwarka which is nothing more than a suburb surrounded with villages.. its like sidelined from Delhi..

atleast in GGN, you feel that entire habitation is a single city and not a sidelined suburb connected with Metro.. and frankly airport noise pollution is too much and a very serious mess for the residents of dwarka.. GGN is far from airport noise still at a stone throwaway distance.. there is no comparison at all..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by luckyone
    Dwarka is more of an MIG kind of a place.. look at the shady apartments of societies... yuck..

I wnder why people pay crores to be in Dwarka which is nothing more than a suburb surrounded with villages.. its like sidelined from Delhi..

atleast in GGN, you feel that entire habitation is a single city and not a sidelined suburb connected with Metro.. and frankly airport noise pollution is too much and a very serious mess for the residents of dwarka.. GGN is far from airport noise still at a stone throwaway distance.. there is no comparison at all..

There is electricity, water, trasnportation in dwarka. all of which is lacking in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumar77
    There is electricity, water, trasnportation in dwarka. all of which is lacking in Gurgaon.

these all problems are serious in gurgaon specially electricity
    CommentQuote
  • You cannot compare Dwarka to the swank, luxury projects of Gurgaon, its not a valid comparison. Can only compare Dwarka with similar CGHS/older/zero amenties apartments of Gurgaon and for that Dwarka will come out as a winner.

But its unfair to compare the no-frills, CGHS apartments of Dwarka with the new-age, luxury specs, huge projects of Gurgaon which cost almost double of Dwarka flats, obviously the quality of living will be much better in the luxury projects. Apart from that the other advantage of Gurgaon is that good schools/retail/offices all are in the vicinity which enhances the quality of living anyway.
    CommentQuote