Last updated: 1 day ago
21738 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by VB_States View Post
    I disagree.

One commercial now backed nt NPV and PV set up will support early movers .

Any ways by the time the rest of the commercials shape up this will be the most planned city sectors in Haryana
    This is what i was referring. You can count the commercial projects which are nearing completion on ONE HAND FINGURES! And still the prices are like MOON (even of those which are either in pre-paunch or just got launched but not started activities, or just started activities). I am not against the hope for the commercials along DEW, but like everyone, I do have certain doubts regarding commercials (at this stage):-

1. The options are VERY limited (at least right now).

2. The progress is ALMOST nil on commercial projects (please leave one project near completion in 114)

3. To get the crowd from Dwarka and other areas to DEW need big heart decisions (including but not only) like 'AMBIENCE MALL' (1 KM Long, Everything at one roof with lots of options, etc. etc.). Bringing too many small malls will have the same fate as of M.G. Road malls. They will cater the local market only, and if one expect to target the local market, the current prices are absurd.

4. The DECENT AND PROPER connectivity of DEW with old Gurgaon (i.e. accessibility from the areas like Sector 5, 21, 22, 23, Palam Vihar etc. which are neither too accessible to MG road nor DEW) as residential can make compromise on accessibility, but for commercial the connectivity can be a GAME CHANGER.
    5. If toll is placed at boarder, then this will be a disaster. If i will be living in south city - 1 and i have to cross the NH 8 to reach to a restaurant, shop or any commercials on other side, i will prefer my local market.

Comment

Originally posted by debuggn View Post
      The possibility of toll at Delhi border is really doubtful as one side there is on going planning to remove toll on NH8 due to lot of issues and if the toll will be placed on this road then the same bottleneck issue will be raised.
      I too is in the favor of not making this mistake. But you never know the HOODA govt. which religiously believe "Develop Gurgaon with the gurgaonities money only in the name of PPP model and save the govt. budget and EDC / IDC and other money for their Swiss bank".

Comment

For simplicity, let’s assume I want to start a normal business (garment shop or similar) in sector 109.
        The minimum / decent size I may require to start it is around 800 sq ft to 900 sq ft
        The basic cost today I need is approx. 11200000/- to 12600000/- 14000/- psft for the shop
        Add the other cost of the shop (EDC + IDC + PARKING ETC)
        Why the hell I need to start the business, if I can just deposit this amount and earn GUARANTEED interest and put my time, skill and energy in doing some other job? (Calculate the interest on any web calculator and see the result.)
        The interest which I will receive will be from today whereas the starting the business will take 5 years more and with risk.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeopener View Post
          For simplicity, let’s assume I want to start a normal business (garment shop or similar) in sector 109.
          The minimum / decent size I may require to start it is around 800 sq ft to 900 sq ft
          The basic cost today I need is approx. 11200000/- to 12600000/- 14000/- psft for the shop
          Why the hell I need to start the business, if I can just deposit this amount and earn GUARANTEED interest and put my time, skill and energy in doing some other job? (Calculate the interest on any web calculator and see the result.)
          The interest which I will receive will be from today whereas the starting the business will take 5 years more and with risk.

Let the shopkeepers decide there profit and loss

Rome was not build in a day

Commercials are being launched as they are selling

14000 PSF is a proof

This is going to be one of the better places of NCR in times to come
          Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

that makes sense if property were game of 100% white money..commercial projects require large proportion of black money...

ab black money pe aapko interest kaun dega?? -- opportunity cost

aur itna sara cash kahan rakhoge?? -- safety issues

better to invest in property where ur black money will appreciate and will be a lot safer..ghar pe 2-3 CR cash ho to neend nahi ayegi..

Comment

Originally posted by VB_States View Post
              Let the shopkeepers decide there profit and loss

Rome was not build in a day

Commercials are being launched as they are selling

14000 PSF is a proof

This is going to be one of the better places of NCR in times to come
              "This is going to be one of the better places of NCR in times to come" --> I have no doubt about this, and i think i have much better expectation than your i.e. "This is going to be one of the BEST places of NCR in times to come ". But the issue which i am higlighting right now is:- "YOU COULD NOT DEMAND THE CURRENT PRICE OF ROME WHEN IT WAS BEING BUILT"

"Rome was not build in a day" --> The statement can not justify everytime and everything.

"14000 PSF is a proof" --> It was the asking price and not the transaction price. Yes, it is a proof of people taking backs foot from commercials as there is no suport there.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_durden View Post
                that makes sense if property were game of 100% white money..commercial projects require large proportion of black money...

ab black money pe aapko interest kaun dega?? -- opportunity cost

aur itna sara cash kahan rakhoge?? -- safety issues

better to invest in property where ur black money will appreciate and will be a lot safer..ghar pe 2-3 CR cash ho to neend nahi ayegi..
                I don't have any source of BLACK MONEY. I think that is the reason behind the whole thinking.

Comment

We custom tailor a report outlining the available office space and subleases that are located within the market you choose, and that fall within the rental budget that you have.
                  Atlanta Office Search |

Comment

I don't have any source of BLACK MONEY. I think that is the reason behind the whole thinking.
                    if you have that much white money then you re thinking in the right direction.. invest in long term FDs..or during dips start buying stocks like HDFC bank/LnT/Colgate/VST industries - nice dividend yield and in the longer run tax free gains. Don't get into stocks if u get carried away too soon..stay invested for 10-15 yrs in stable but consistently growing companies & ur money ll keep growing.. - my 2 cents ..

and my own thought process is very similar to urs -- if i had lots of white money - i will put it in FDs and start living on interest

Comment

NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

Originally posted by tyler_durden View Post
                      if you have that much white money then you re thinking in the right direction.. invest in long term FDs..or during dips start buying stocks like HDFC bank/LnT/Colgate/VST industries - nice dividend yield and in the longer run tax free gains. Don't get into stocks if u get carried away too soon..stay invested for 10-15 yrs in stable but consistently growing companies & ur money ll keep growing.. - my 2 cents ..

and my own thought process is very similar to urs -- if i had lots of white money - i will put it in FDs and start living on interest

Inflation eats in to the value of money in the bank/FD. Good commercial property safeguards you against that value erosion, while giving you fixed returns

Stocks with good dividend also provide similar advantages and returns. But typically equity is riskier and needs active management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by ashu_sharmaa; January 31 2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X