A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19772 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Khattar orders completion of Dwarka e-way by June 2017

Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday ordered that the delayed Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) project also known as the Dwarka Expressway has to be completed by June 2017 -- the eight deadline set for the project that was slated to be completed in 2010

Read More at:
    http://m.hindustantimes.com/gurgaon/khattar-orders-completion-of-dwarka-e-way-by-june-2017/story-VQVbWUMPWU5NIsjvUu6wzK.html

71890https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=71891
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975
    Transport hub -- its hopefully a state of the art infrastructure with fuel , rail link ,bus stand ...maybe who knows even heliport/mini aerodrome !!!! "...".............this can be a building which acts as a centralising point for commuters
    It can be a gateway as they say ... A rest stop for trucks , goods, will need restaurants , police , hospital , a place visitors can rest until moving on with their journey etc

Employment opportunities galore , investment galore ..hence if its implemented . But will need the rest of DEW to develop properly at the Same time ..or you end up with a don Quixote airport scenario and a financial quagmire

Great concept .. I can vision a wonderful outlook , a phenomenal idea and I whole heartedly concur
    For if it is implemented properly I believe it will be an example to copy

Example of transport hub shinjuku Japan ..just this can be even better !

But

Past experience dictates ...at the moment it's a plan , then there will be a plan to implant the plan then delays financial targets not met , ie more money wanted . Throw in litigation , lack of accountability , responsibility .. Multiple transfers of key people , delayed court hearings , ranaesque type personalities popping up ...and then the election in 2019 .....when the new lot will try and show everything the previous lot did was bad is. Bad and they will change it .....you know what politicians mindset is .. Not all I know but in a democracy majority always wins ..,..?!
    ....I suppose you maybe able to relate and understand my apprehension

Thanks a lot.
    Depends on what kind of transport hub comes up.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SilentObserv
    Thanks a lot.
    Guess this link sheds light on this too. Depends on what kind of transport hub comes up.

http://www./articles/new-transport-hub-in-dwarka-e-way-a-boon-or-a-bane.html

The link for this article is not working.
    CommentQuote
  • http://www./articles/new-transport-hub-in-dwarka-e-way-a-boon-or-a-bane.html
    Originally Posted by VibhorD
    The link for this article is not working.

The link is of ninty acres acres, just add 9 9 a c r e s before ./articles of the link
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=71901
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • thanks for detailed description sir!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SilentObserv
    What is a transport hub?

What are examples of other transport hub in NCR or elsewhere? And advantages/ disadvantages of the same from development of area point of view. Development as living area... not investment!

Public transport hub which connects multiple modes of transport and also has integrated shopping, residential, hotel developments. A good example is KL sentral in Kuala Lumpur which you can wiki. It has main train station, has metro station, monorail station, airline check-in counters, multiple hotels within the same complex, residential and office complexes.

In India, obviously things dont get implemented as intended
    CommentQuote
  • vippy81; - the ones you are referring to is multi-modal transport hub. In Delhi UTTIPEC refers to this as TOD or Transit oriented development projects. However, in India the word "transport" very narrowly refers to only big cargo movement by heavy vehicles (trucks, multi axle vehicles etc.). So in line with that the one in Kerki Dhaula is merely a transport hub for heavy vehicles where NCR bound vehicles will terminate and lay-by. From here smaller (tata 407/Eicher trucks) vehicles can ferry the load onto their consignees. In a way this prvents heavy vehicles from entering into congested city roads and confines them to highways.

This is bad news instead of good, as transport nagar or transport hubs are very filthy areas in India, very polluted and broken roads (due to heavy vehicular movement). Also very unsafe for residents, as drivers and cleaners hangout drunk in the open areas making it unsafe for women in the area.

I am not here to discourage folks on this thread, but this is reality of as now. things may become more sophisticated in the coming years, if planned and executed properly by the authorities and if law and order and rules are strictly enforced. But these are big IFs in India.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    vippy81; - the ones you are referring to is multi-modal transport hub. In Delhi UTTIPEC refers to this as TOD or Transit oriented development projects. However, in India the word "transport" very narrowly refers to only big cargo movement by heavy vehicles (trucks, multi axle vehicles etc.). So in line with that the one in Kerki Dhaula is merely a transport hub for heavy vehicles where NCR bound vehicles will terminate and lay-by. From here smaller (tata 407/Eicher trucks) vehicles can ferry the load onto their consignees. In a way this prvents heavy vehicles from entering into congested city roads and confines them to highways.

This is bad news instead of good, as transport nagar or transport hubs are very filthy areas in India, very polluted and broken roads (due to heavy vehicular movement). Also very unsafe for residents, as drivers and cleaners hangout drunk in the open areas making it unsafe for women in the area.

I am not here to discourage folks on this thread, but this is reality of as now. things may become more sophisticated in the coming years, if planned and executed properly by the authorities and if law and order and rules are strictly enforced. But these are big IFs in India.

Fully agree with Bala. Sanjay Gandhi transport nagar near NH1 is an example
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    Sometime back I have heard that Nitin Gadkari has said that DEW shall be thrown open to public by 31st March 2016. But I read one news in yesterdays TOI which quotes that Haryana CM Mr. Khattar has asked all stake holders from Haryana side to complete this by Jun,2017.

whom to believe? can anyone from this forum please comment if have any concrete info on the same.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samir79
    Hi,
    Sometime back I have heard that Nitin Gadkari has said that DEW shall be thrown open to public by 31st March 2016. But I read one news in yesterdays TOI which quotes that Haryana CM Mr. Khattar has asked all stake holders from Haryana side to complete this by Jun,2017.

whom to believe? can anyone from this forum please comment if have any concrete info on the same.

Thanks

Don't believe in anybody . There r many more complex issues involved and most of them have never been discussed here .

Just hope for the best. Things have been progressing, but there r many hidden issues, which might or might not come up .

.........so, as i said, hope for the best .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Don't believe in anybody . There r many more complex issues involved and most of them have never been discussed here .

Just hope for the best. Things have been progressing, but there r many hidden issues, which might or might not come up .

.........so, as i said, hope for the best .

Please throw some light on those issues which were never discussed here ..I thought IREF was the ALMA MATER of NPR .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manuvihaan
    Please throw some light on those issues which were never discussed here ..I thought IREF was the ALMA MATER of NPR .

See, i am not actually aware of the issues which have r being currently actively discussed there, but i have some friends in the Core Group who r a part of the whole thing & i do try to extract information from them .

........ i know they r friends in a circle and i do sit down with them whenever i am in Palam Vihar, but i really don't want to exploit it, but something seems to be wrong somewhere .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear MANOJa; Jee :

Why this code sir ? Not understood your post - there are complex issues but you don't actually know them ? But have access to people who have told you that they are complex and these people are worthy of belief ?

Pls elaborate sir for everyone's benefit.

Thank you in anticipation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Montoo
    Dear MANOJa; Jee :

Why this code sir ? Not understood your post - there are complex issues but you don't actually know them ? But have access to people who have told you that they are complex and these people are worthy of belief ?

Pls elaborate sir for everyone's benefit.

Thank you in anticipation.

If u guys think that every aspect of RE is being discussed here, u r sadly mistaken .

There is no code . It is very simple . Let me try explaining it again .There r more issues in the whole thing & these may or may not crop up at some stage . This would depend on how things move further .

I am not aware of the issues directly, its your wish to believe in the information or not . I am not forcing u in believing anything . I had a discussion with somebody associated with whats going on and on my prodding, i could gain out a bit of information and i shared it here for the benefit of everybody .

CommentQuote
  • I think u've only added to the confusion and did not add any information.
    CommentQuote