A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19991 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by calvin56
    yes fully operational...

With functional sodium lights. ..
    CommentQuote
  • Bijwasan flyover is fully operational, used it last week
    CommentQuote
  • I was surprised to use Bijwasan flyover last week from sector 103 (Indiabulls 103). It took 11 minutes to reach Delhi border via ROB. That's was motivating me. I saw some couple of family started living in Centrum Park & many more family will be joining them by March,16.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rpsingh1
    I was surprised to use Bijwasan flyover last week from sector 103 (Indiabulls 103). It took 11 minutes to reach Delhi border via ROB. That's was motivating me. I saw some couple of family started living in Centrum Park & many more family will be joining them by March,16.

rpsingh ji,

I heard Regarding India Bull Centrum Park, That Builder is asking for VAT which is 4.5%.

I think the Member is Liable to pay and it is only applicable if you are selling the apartment before possession.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes sunnyj; I heard the same.
    CommentQuote
  • Senior members!

Any idea of the rough number of units which will be ready for possession on DEW by end of 2016 and number of family that have taken the possession. Recently in an article I read that close to 17,000 units will be ready for possession on DEW by end of 2017. Now i am puzzled that even if a quarter of this number take possession once offered, it will put tremendous pressure on the govt for completion of DEW.
    I know the deadline set by govt. is mid 2017 any way but I am counting on traditional way files move in India and things actually materialize.
    Other amenities and basic need should pull its self once people start living and demand rises.
    CommentQuote
  • Senior members!

Any idea of the rough number of units which will be ready for possession on DEW by end of 2016 and number of family that have taken the possession. Recently in an article I read that close to 17,000 units will be ready for possession on DEW by end of 2017. Now i am puzzled that even if a quarter of this number take possession once offered, it will put tremendous pressure on the govt for completion of DEW.

I know the deadline set by govt. is mid 2017 any way but I am counting on traditional way files move in India and things actually materialize.

Other amenities and basic need should pull its self once people start living and demand rises.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rpsingh1
    I was surprised to use Bijwasan flyover last week from sector 103 (Indiabulls 103). It took 11 minutes to reach Delhi border via ROB. That's was motivating me. I saw some couple of family started living in Centrum Park & many more family will be joining them by March,16.

Cyber city is just 10 minutes from the sectors 103 to 110 of DEW.

Once the roads and buildings come life will change and these locations will be preferred.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon realty check: Homebuyers stuck on an expressway with no exit

GURGAON: A well-developed residential area along an expressway planned for good connectivity between Delhi and Haryana besides easy access to the airport — now why wouldn't anyone want to buy a home here? So why are housing projects along the 18-km-long Dwarka Expressway languishing, incomplete and unwanted, even when prices have been discounted at almost a third of the 2011 launch prices?
    The answers to these questions tell the story of a dream gone sour. The area was conceived to become a prime real estate hub. But today, after eight years, there is little to show for the Rs 50,000 crore invested there. Real estate developers who launched over 60 projects with 50,000 residential units are struggling to find buyers. Even the early buyers are now refusing to move into their new houses.

Read More
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon realty check: Homebuyers stuck on an expressway with no exit

GURGAON: A well-developed residential area along an expressway planned for good connectivity between Delhi and Haryana besides easy access to the airport — now why wouldn't anyone want to buy a home here? So why are housing projects along the 18-km-long Dwarka Expressway languishing, incomplete and unwanted, even when prices have been discounted at almost a third of the 2011 launch prices?

The answers to these questions tell the story of a dream gone sour. The area was conceived to become a prime real estate hub. But today, after eight years, there is little to show for the Rs 50,000 crore invested there. Real estate developers who launched over 60 projects with 50,000 residential units are struggling to find buyers. Even the early buyers are now refusing to move into their new houses.

The 150-metre-wide expressway linking Kherki Daula on NH-8 to places like Janakpuri and Dwarka in Delhi has lurched on uncertainly since its conception in 2007. The Rs 3,000-crore road project, a joint undertaking of the Haryana and Delhi governments, was to have diverted 40% of the traffic from NH-8 within the Gurgaon-Delhi segment.

But its completion has been hampered by crucial gaps in the stretch. Haryana was unable to acquire land for a 1.8-km span all these years, and now claims the required land will be procured by March. It has also failed to build a rail overbridge at a junction on the NH-8 to allow free flow of traffic. Officials say the construction will be completed this year, but work on the ground is yet to start. At the other end, the Delhi Development Authority has hemmed and hawed about acquiring 22 acres of land to construct a connecting road with a flyover across the Bijwasan road.

Naturally, in the absence of a road connection, the construction activity also got hit. Many companies such as Raheja, BPTP, Ramprastha and the Mahindra group began work before 2010, and promised delivery of apartments in three years' time on the presumption that the civic infrastructure would be in place by 2012. Those who began constructing after 2010 warily began quoting delivery deadlines four years from then, even including a year's moratorium in case of delays due to unforeseen circumstances like court cases.

This year, many developers, including Shobha, ATS, Assotech, Satya Group, BPTP and Ramprastha, are slated to give possession to buyers. But the enthusiasm is not high because not only has the non-completion of the expressway raised doubts about road access, but development of civic infrastructure too has suffered. So much so that many buyers don't intend to take move into their acquisitions just yet.

It isn't just roads. Even sewage and piped water systems aren't in place yet. In Sector 37D in Gurgaon, the developers constructed the sector road themselves, but could do nothing about drinking water. Naveen Raheja, CMD, Raheja Developers, told TOI that he had conducted a survey among buyers in which he found 96% of them expressing reluctance to move in due to the lack of basic amenities. This is a big problem for realtors because they have to mandatorily maintain the new apartments for at least two years in case of delays in handing over the houses to the buyers.

Geetamber Anand, president of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Association (Credai), pointed out that the civic authorities had already collected around Rs 10,000 crore from the residential projects as external development charge, but had done very little.

The lackadaisical approach to the expressway has dampened real-estate sentiments. In 2011-12, developers sold apartments at Rs 5,000-6,500 per square feet. These prices went up to as high as Rs 11,500 in the following couple of years, but the tardy pace at which things happened has brought the prices crashing down. Apartments along the incomplete expressway are now available at Rs 5,000-7,000 a square foot. Adjusted for the time-price correction, the houses are quoting at 20-30% their launch price in 2011. Is this a bargain? Not really, not without water, sewage and roads.

Gurgaon realty check: Homebuyers stuck on an expressway with no exit - Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dwarka-expressway-top-10-whats-ready-stalled-vasudha-sharma

Dwarka Expressway Top 10: What’s Ready & What’s Stalled?
    Jan 20, 2016107 views10 Likes2 CommentsShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
    It’s been ten years since the Dwarka Expressway, officially known as the Northern Periphery Road was first planned. Ten years, that saw a large and speculative real estate market mushroom around the route of this road. These ten years saw some 40,000 flats and villas across 100 different residential projects getting sold. Everybody from brokers, developers to investors have made a fortune here. And eventually even lost them here. A land acquisition battle was fought and won in favour of this road. And don’t forget the numerous administrators who have come and gone out of HUDA - Gurgaon’s authority in charge of building the Dwarka Expressway. So much has transpired in these last ten years, and yet this ambitious highway is nowhere complete.

Now after eight missed deadlines and an overall investment of Rs 3000 crores, the Haryana Government has pulled up its officers to deliver this road by a new deadline of June 2017. As of today, 16.5 km out of the total 18 km is ready. But ever since the legal breakthrough of last year, what has been progress on the remaining 1.5 km? Here are the top 10 developments from the Dwarka Expressway.

1. Relocation of Displaced Families:

New Palam Vihar, the housing colony of around 400 homes on which about 800-900 kms of the expressway falls will be vacated this month. New Palam Vihar lies along the Bajghera Road, towards the Delhi side and is surrounded by sectors 109, 110, 110A and 112. Oustees will be allotted alternate plots in sector 110A of Gurgaon. In the last few months the Haryana Govt managed to placate all the displaced families who had put up a protest against being moved to Sector 37C, as ruled by the High Court in its final settlement in 2015. HUDA however succeeded in acquiring fresh land in sector 110A which was an agreeable deal to the ousted families. This puts an end to any chance of litigation again from the affected families.

2. Earthwork in Progress:

There were several patches throughout the route which could not be made due to presence of factories, high tension wires or trees. Many such encumbrances have been removed and earthwork is progressing on various sections of the Expressway. Most recently, in sector 110, HUDA has begun laying the newly acquired stretches.

3. Railway Over Bridge at Basai:

Just after sector 100, where the 80X sectors of ‘New Gurgaon’ begin, the Delhi to Rewari rail line near Basai road is located. Over this busy rail route, an over -bridge is to be constructed. After months of no work, HUDA has accelerated the execution of this Railway over-bridge with a huge labour force seen in action on ground.

4. Branding Dwarka Expressway:

HUDA is also paying attention to branding this prime real estate region. Six to seven new gantries have been erected in recent days, marking various sectors and welcoming commuters and property buyers at this 150 meter wide expressway.

5. Bijwasan Flyover Inaugurated:

The Dwarka Expressway is aligned perpendicular to the Dwarka Underpass road, which in turn is parallel to the Bijwasan road. A flyover on the Bijwasan road was inaugurated in December 2015. It is hoped, this flyover will smoothen the connectivity from the Delhi side to the Dwarka Expressway.

6. Parallel Sector Road Ready:

A 75 meter wide sector road that runs parallel to the Dwarka Expressway has been ready since the last six months. It starts from Dwarka Phase 2 and runs through sectors 102, 104 and 106 of Gurgaon along the expressway. This will help with internal connectivity within sectors. And will act as an alternate option until the stalled sections are not built.

7. Delhi Entry Yet to be Acquired by DDA

While Haryana has been somewhat proactive these past few months, Delhi has disappointed on its side of the expressway. 0.5 kms of the Delhi side of the Expressway is still to be acquired by the Delhi Development Authority. CREDAI has been pushing the Union Urban Development Ministry which oversees DDA’s functions to get this stretch acquired. CREDAI President, Getambar Anand shares...

“the good news is that the Urban Development Ministry has told the DDA to start negotiating directly with the land owners. Because under the land acquisition policy there is a direct negotiation provision also where you can call the landowner and give him two times the circle rate as an acquisition price."

8. Tunnel from Dwarka to Sector 110?:

To tackle the roadblock of 0.5 kms at the entry of the expressway, it is learnt that the DDA is considering building a tunnel from the site of its Diplomatic Enclave project in Dwarka in Delhi to sector 110 of Gurgaon to avoid acquiring land and getting mired in litigation.

9. Kherki Dhaula Link Still Under Litigation:

While the New Palam Vihar petitioners accepted the new rehabilitation deal offered to them last year, litigation over 200-300 meters of land in Kherki Dhaula village near the Manesar toll plaza is yet to be settled. These petitioners are seeking a higher compensation to release their land holdings.

10. Factory near ROB still to be demolished:

While the Railway Over Bridge near sector 37C, may be getting executed at a fast pace, just before it an auto component factory stands right at the center of the expressway. Even though there is legal clearance to demolish it, HUDA has not been able to complete the compensation proceedings.

excerpts from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dwarka-expressway-top-10-whats-ready-stalled-vasudha-sharma
    CommentQuote
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=72119
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Cyber city is just 10 minutes from the sectors 103 to 110 of DEW.

Once the roads and buildings come life will change and these locations will be preferred.

With the opening of this flyover another problem has surfaced. The red light at kapasehra border is becoming a mess as more and more people have started using the flyover. Although it's 15 mins from cybercity to sec 103. It should not take less than an hour to complete the journey in next few months in peak hours.
    CommentQuote

Yes all good stuff keep it coming I am learning loads

Hallelujah brothers and sisters we are seeing the beginning of thinking that something has to be done to make people do things so that things can be done for plans to be discussed for things to be made in the foreseeable most likely future

Bravo

Jesting aside --its good to see things atleast happening ..was it IREF and its group of activists I do not know but kudos i suspect you played a part --maybe even a big part ---Keep it up

Well finger crossed , keep happy don't worry because when you worry then things get double ....lets hope it works out and as an intelligent man said lets hope infrastructure is up and running by 2019 ..because all success is due to proper planning and implementation --and we have 3 years to make a difference....well India does Haryana does Gurgaon does and BJP does !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyj
    rpsingh ji,

I heard Regarding India Bull Centrum Park, That Builder is asking for VAT which is 4.5%.

I think the Member is Liable to pay and it is only applicable if you are selling the apartment before possession.

Is this VAT on the total price of the apartment ? Or just on the service tax ?

Also why only if you are selling before possession - does taking possession and registry relieve one from the VAT payment - can someone explain the logic / rationale for this?

Also does taking possession from the builder make one liable to get it registered before one can sell the property ?? Or is there a way to circumvent the registry process after taking possession? Experts in this area please guide .... as I am being asked by the builder to pay the last possession payment and take possession of my flat but if i do make the last payment then i would be required to get it registered before I can sell to some one ? please suggest....
    CommentQuote