A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19946 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    Now where exactly this road will pass from. Have they released a map?


    While some of us are sharing important information/updates on Telegram, the IREF forum needs to be kept alive and updated for 1000's of other people who are not part of the Telegram group.

    Hope members will solicit my request.
    CommentQuote
  • Request Senior veterans to keep sharing latest developments on IREF too. This is the traditional group with 1000 of guys glued here for latest updates.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    While some of us are sharing important information/updates on Telegram, the IREF forum needs to be kept alive and updated for 1000's of other people who are not part of the Telegram group.

    Hope members will solicit my request.


    Its doesnt require solicitation at all. Generally everything is being shared here as well. IREF if a much larger and vivid group . The only reason for creation of TELEGRAM group was requirement to initiate certain activities which othervise could not have been done here owing to forum rules.
    CommentQuote
  • Land pooling clears Dwarka e-way hurdles

    TNN | Mar 2, 2016, 01.02 AM IST

    GURGAON: Eight land owners, whose plots had held up completion of the Dwarka Expressway, have applied for allotment of alternate plots.

    The acquisition of the 19.11 acres of land was one of the major obstacles to the completion of the expressway, work on which is expected to speed up. The Haryana chief minister has asked Huda to complete the road by June 2017.

    "Eight land owners have applied for alternate plots under the land pooling scheme," said Omprakash, land acquisition officer of Huda. He said the screening committee will scrutinise the proposal, after which alternate plots will be allotted through lucky draw.

    Omprakash said under the land pooling scheme, Huda will give certain percentage of acquired land developed as residential or commercial plots to a land owner in the same locality, against the land acquired.

    While Huda usually pays monetary compensation to the land owner for acquisition, in this case, owners were keen on getting alternative plots.

    Under the scheme, land owners have applied for two plots of 151.7574 sq m, 12 plots of 101.1716 sq m, 10 of 202.4332 sq m, 22 of 252.929 sq m, 11 of 354.10 sq m and nine of 10,042.54 sq m. Besides, they have also demanded they be allotted some commercial plots.
    Huda had submitted an affidavit in the high court, saying they will give alternate plots to land owners whose plots are in the way of the Dwarka Expressway in New Palam Vihar, Kherki Daula and Chouma, in sectors 37C and 110A.

    Only 14.33 km of the Dwarka Expressway is complete. Work on the remaining portion has been stuck due to delay in land acquisition and the shifting of a transmission line.

    Real estate developers had launched over 60 projects with 50,000 residential units along the road,but are now struggling to find buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Rahul Gandhi assures home buyers of a strong Real Estate bill

    PTI | Mar 03, 2016, 10.50 PM IST

    NEW DELHI: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today assured the home buyers that his party was committed to a strong Real Estate Bill to protect their interests and would ask the government to bring it in Parliament at the earliest.

    In a series of tweets, Rahul said: "Met representatives of home buyers from across the country earlier today".

    He said he assured them that @INCIndia is fully committed to a strong Real Estate Bill to protect them.

    Read more at:

    Rahul Gandhi assures home buyers of a strong Real Estate bill - The Economic Times
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

    Sorry, but I am not able to PM to be included in the telegram group

    Please help
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1
    PTI | Mar 03, 2016, 10.50 PM IST

    NEW DELHI: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today assured the home buyers that his party was committed to a strong Real Estate Bill to protect their interests and would ask the government to bring it in Parliament at the earliest.

    In a series of tweets, Rahul said: "Met representatives of home buyers from across the country earlier today".

    He said he assured them that @INCIndia is fully committed to a strong Real Estate Bill to protect them.


    Rahul Gandhi assures home buyers of a strong Real Estate bill - The Economic Times


    Strong means he will oppose it.
    CommentQuote
  • The Bajghera road RoB has been included in this years railway budget..cost was to be shared equally between Haryana Pwd and Railways..Cm Haryana had written to Suresh Prabhu to include it in this budget -which he has done...Now all clear for tender to be floated I believe..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ALTAVISTA
    The Bajghera road RoB has been included in this years railway budget..cost was to be shared equally between Haryana Pwd and Railways..Cm Haryana had written to Suresh Prabhu to include it in this budget -which he has done...Now all clear for tender to be floated I believe..


    Nice to know.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    Strong means he will oppose it.


    If its upto Rahul then god only knows..!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ALTAVISTA
    The Bajghera road RoB has been included in this years railway budget..cost was to be shared equally between Haryana Pwd and Railways..Cm Haryana had written to Suresh Prabhu to include it in this budget -which he has done...Now all clear for tender to be floated I believe..


    Does anyone know if this is still the crossing and alignment?
    http://forestsclearance.nic.in/writereaddata/FormA/DetailsOfMaps/211212171214DKANMBAJGHERAGEOPLAN).pdf

    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=73503
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Some facts about property prices hike in NCR.
    Per my knowledge property prices had a significant hike /appreciation as under

    1988-90 (Strong, 3 fold, 2-3 years)
    1996-97 (Moderate, 2 fold, 1-2 years)
    2004-07 (Strong, 3 fold Min., 3-4 years)
    2010-12 (moderate+ 2 fold, 2-3 years)
    If it works same way
    2017-19 should be another season of price hike /appreciation
    and due to moderate season of 2010-12 and as prices has gone down (not stable)
    2017-19 may be a season of 3 folds till 2020.

    Few of you may have a big laugh but surely few may be agree to it.....

    So, do some homework, Near or Far, Small or Big, Go n get it
    After one year it is going to be now OR never situation like 2004.
    Also believe 2016-17 are the years of global slowdown

    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • BRapria; thanks for that analysis. In my opinion, there has been a sea change in fundamentals and valuation methodology of RE over the years. The industry has gone through such a tremendous change in the last 4-5 years that comparison with prior periods have become misleading (to say the least). Some of the serious changes that have come in the last decade (with special emphasis to 5-6 years).

    1. the advent of group housing and High density housing. Social changes and preference for security and social amenities (pool,club, parking, gardens etc.) over self built plotted developments.
    2. The high FAR regime and the skyscraper development (well atleast the aspiring ones that are 40+ floors)
    3. democratization of tier II and tier III RE markets. Earlier its was only 2 RE markets in India clocking almost 85% of the transactions by value and 65% by volume. (NCR/Mumbai). This slowly spread to the Hyd, blr, chennai, kolkata areas and followed by over 100s of towns in UP, MP, Maharashtra and every other state not has vibrant RE markets.
    4. Valuation has become very speculative with flipping culture and stock market like actions. This was non-existent before 6 years.
    5. Cost of construction overtaking cost of land (FSI not raw land) in all markets.
    6. Taxation of the RE industry. Currently 30% of the cost of MIG housing (4000-5000/sqt) and even more in case of low cost housing goes in successive and cascading taxes (EDC/IDC/Sertvice Tax/VAT/Registration etc.)

    There are many other changes too, which are outcomes of the above main ones and contribute to a game changer in this industry and the face o RE is no longer what it was in the 90s or even the first decade of 2000.

    appreciation of RE prices going forward is not going to be on gut feel or emotions or even provident thinking, its going to be very scientific and anlytical - based on - infrastructure growth, social amenities, employment opportunities, public transportation, good maintenance of neighborhood and complex. etc.

    Land which used to play a large role in RE prices in the earlier decade and before, has become a small component (say 10-15% in cas of HIG, 15-20% in case of MIG, 20-25% in case of LIG housing) in the landed cost of RE today. say earlier governments had an executive monopoly in the supply of land and effectively controlled prices, but now with HDH, things have been turned on its head and market forces are directly controlling prices.

    However I am not saying that your analysis is not thought through, but only that price escalation or valuation will be very subjective and dependent on ground factors and not a general rule across many micro markets. for eg. If lucknow gives good employment and good lifestyle then Lucknow RE market can overtake Gurgaon's (just a thought), this will also apply to micromarkets within a market. So if Noida does well on lifestyle and employment indices, RE investments there can perform much better than a DEW or even GCX etc.

    the names of the areas are just indicative and not to be taken literally.
    CommentQuote
  • What you are sharing is absolutely correct Bala2107; however what I had shared are two different things.

    I am talking about property price trend at various stages. India 1947 can't be compared with India 2016. A father can't be compared with his son but with his father's friend. Experion (3 Bed, 3.5cr) can't be compared now with any other property in the same or nearby sectors like 109, 110, 111 etc. That difference is still there.

    Also I am talking only about NCR (specifically Delhi) and don't have any idea about complete Indian market at various stages. there was no Gurgaon and Noida before 1996 but people started observing potential. India 1990 and 2010 are entirely different models.

    We should not forget, price trend can vary within a city and infrastructure plays a big roll to that. No wonder if DEW prices will be same as Golf course road (double now) after 10 years :)

    Again, what I wanted to share is ..... boom times
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BRapria
    What you are sharing is absolutely correct Bala2107; however what I had shared are two different things.

    I am talking about property price trend at various stages. India 1947 can't be compared with India 2016. A father can't be compared with his son but with his father's friend. Experion (3 Bed, 3.5cr) can't be compared now with any other property in the same or nearby sectors like 109, 110, 111 etc. That difference is still there.

    Also I am talking only about NCR (specifically Delhi) and don't have any idea about complete Indian market at various stages. there was no Gurgaon and Noida before 1996 but people started observing potential. India 1990 and 2010 are entirely different models.

    We should not forget, price trend can vary within a city and infrastructure plays a big roll to that. No wonder if DEW prices will be same as Golf course road (double now) after 10 years :)

    Again, what I wanted to share is ..... boom times

    Kaash ....you know dude you may have a point and I have to concur most real estate runs in a 7 year cycle give or take

    I am glad I am not the only one suggesting 2019 and in addition it is heartening to hear the importance of infrastructure in promoting any township or its sorts

    All that is needed is government and builders to be transparent


    So the highly informative Bala and your good self have very valid points

    Why mr Bala are you not in government -??????- apologies if you are and you are using a pseudonym
    CommentQuote