A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19897 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975
    Kaash ....you know dude you may have a point and I have to concur most real estate runs in a 7 year cycle give or take

I am glad I am not the only one suggesting 2019 and in addition it is heartening to hear the importance of infrastructure in promoting any township or its sorts

All that is needed is government and builders to be transparent

So the highly informative Bala and your good self have very valid points

Why mr Bala are you not in government -??????- apologies if you are and you are using a pseudonym

Well, @Rohit1975, I really dont understand your last statement - I mean no pun.

Are you SAYING that I am in the government, or are you ASKING me why am I not in the Government. - In any case, to your curiosity, I must say that I am not "in" the government. From time to time I have worked for a couple of foreign governments, as well our own as external staff.

To your question on Pseudonym - again I am stumped. If you are saying bala2107 is my pseudonym then well yes, its my username at IREF, like yours being rohit1975.

In any case I cannot get the connection between me, the government and my username logically connecting with each other to form one coherent thought. I dont mind your asking, but I am just not clear what you would want to know. :)

BTW - the 7 years cycles is not just connected to RE, but they can be seen repeating in many markets. There are tons of (conspiracy) theories on this, including some connecting religious or celestial events. I dont want to venture into that as its neither my forte nor the subject of this forum.

But imagine an investment triples itself (200% growth) in 7 years, then we are talking of ~17% CAGR, which is pretty much the equity market returns of ~15-16%. Now a 1-2% illiquidty premium is fair aint it? Again i am not saying that RE will continue to grow at this rate.

I would assume that it could grow ~ 4-5% above Risk free rate (7.5%) + Inflation (4%) - rental yield (2%). So if RE were to give a long term return of 15-16% CAGR, which means that prices double every 7-8 years, then one should be happy. NRIs will have a different take though, accounting for currency risk... Also as the country settled down on a lower interest rate, lower inflation regime and higher rental yields, the premium of RE over RFR+Inflation-Rental Yield will also increase to settle down to 10% CAGR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Well, @Rohit1975, I really dont understand your last statement - I mean no pun.

Are you SAYING that I am in the government, or are you ASKING me why am I not in the Government. - In any case, to your curiosity, I must say that I am not "in" the government. From time to time I have worked for a couple of foreign governments, as well our own as external staff.

To your question on Pseudonym - again I am stumped. If you are saying bala2107 is my pseudonym then well yes, its my username at IREF, like yours being rohit1975.

In any case I cannot get the connection between me, the government and my username logically connecting with each other to form one coherent thought. I dont mind your asking, but I am just not clear what you would want to know. :)

BTW - the 7 years cycles is not just connected to RE, but they can be seen repeating in many markets. There are tons of (conspiracy) theories on this, including some connecting religious or celestial events. I dont want to venture into that as its neither my forte nor the subject of this forum.

But imagine an investment triples itself (200% growth) in 7 years, then we are talking of ~17% CAGR, which is pretty much the equity market returns of ~15-16%. Now a 1-2% illiquidty premium is fair aint it? Again i am not saying that RE will continue to grow at this rate.

I would assume that it could grow ~ 4-5% above Risk free rate (7.5%) + Inflation (4%) - rental yield (2%). So if RE were to give a long term return of 15-16% CAGR, which means that prices double every 7-8 years, then one should be happy. NRIs will have a different take though, accounting for currency risk... Also as the country settled down on a lower interest rate, lower inflation regime and higher rental yields, the premium of RE over RFR+Inflation-Rental Yield will also increase to settle down to 10% CAGR.

Bala2107- thanks dude for the update

You are too eloquent and postings too intelligent for an open forum Internet site with your statements and actually most of the majority makes sense and you don't come across as arrogant
    Hence i felt you can't not be average Joe ....and you don't come across as 2 faced

In essence the last sentence was a compliment -- I think you should be in government in which post probably based on merit I think . Maybe if there were more like you perhaps India would be different

Pseudonym -- actually I have to accept maybe you are and you are using a pseudonym . It's cool - after all if I was someone famous / high up somewhere would I want my self identified on the Internet easily - too many judgement , pc brigade and word can be twisted rephrased rumour circulated character assassination you know the drill etc ....hence a lot of us use pseudonyms ...its just the way things are now sadly

See as you your work history tells us - and me and perhaps a lot on here - we should listen and respect your views-- after all not very Tom dick and Harry will have your resume -- it's a compliment

Well in my mind my posting wad Coherent and I suppose I could have spelled it out in a more structured matter but it's too much to write and wasn't directly relevant to this posting

Anyhow keep up the good work and I look forward to more pearls of wisdom

And enjoy and keep up the good work in the time to time jobs :)
    CommentQuote
  • Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Times of India today
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SilentObserv
    Does anyone know if this is still the crossing and alignment?
    http://forestsclearance.nic.in/writereaddata/FormA/DetailsOfMaps/211212171214DKANMBAJGHERAGEOPLAN).pdf

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=73503

Is this about Palam-Vihar Bajghera Road Overbridge ? If yes....

Funds are approved , but yet to be released .

No work on ground yet...
    CommentQuote
  • August 22 here I suppose is 22 aug 2016 and not aug 2022.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anujgagarwal
    August 22 here I suppose is 22 aug 2016 and not aug 2022.

Ahh Yes..absolutely :D
    CommentQuote
  • Article in toi on 07/03/2016

August opening for Dwarka e-way stretch
    Bagish Jha
    Gurgaon:

Huda has said a 13.5-km section of Dwarka Expressway , from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, will become operational by August 22, after it settled land acquisition hurdles near Sector 100. It will fill a crucial connectivity gap on the 18-km-long road. The project is still caught up in land acquisition hurdles in Chauma village and on the Delhi side.
    A senior Huda official said the expressway will be connected with Pataudi and Basai roads and all nearby sectors by August. Work in these areas was stuck due to construction of buildings for two private firms and shifting of high-tension cables. The two companies have been allotted alternate plots. Work on shifting the high-tension cables will start soon.

The opening of this stretch of the expressway will bring relief to thousands of home buyers whose projects have been delayed because of the incomplete road. Huda officials said it is likely to improve connectivity to at least 25 sectors on either side of the road.

According to sources, roads in sectors 83-84, 82-85, 8186, 99-102, 102-102A, 120-103, 103 106, 109-112, 110A-111 are ready.After this stretch is opened, all these roads will be connected with the expressway . Most of the residential projects in these sectors are either complete or near completion.

“Recently , additional chief secretary of the department of town and country planning (DTCP) Raghvendra Rao had visited the expressway and directed Huda to make a portion of the road, from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, operational by August,“ said the official.

The development authority has also been instructed to complete work on service lanes for sectors along the stretch. Rao directed Huda to provide basic infrastructure, like water supply , sewerage, storm water line and electricity to these sectors, so that people can move into their new homes.

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway , which was conceived over eight years ago, starts from Dwarka in Delhi and ends at Kherki Daula. It was expected to divert 40% of the traffic on NH-8 between Gurgaon and Delhi, but till date, work on only 14.33 km of the road has been completed.The state government has fixed a new deadline of June 2017 for its completion.

The delay has hit residential projects coming up along the expressway , as the area lacks basic amenities.
    CommentQuote
  • http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Gallery.aspx?id=07_03_2016_002_016_008&type=P&artUrl=August-opening-for-Dwarka-e-way-stretch-07032016002016&eid=31808

August opening for Dwarka e-way stretch

Huda has said a 13.5-km section of Dwarka Expressway , from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, will become operational by August 22, after it settled land acquisition hurdles near Sector 100. It will fill a crucial connectivity gap on the 18-km-long road. The project is still caught up in land acquisition hurdles in Chauma village and on the Delhi side.
    A senior Huda official said the expressway will be connected with Pataudi and Basai roads and all nearby sectors by August. Work in these areas was stuck due to construction of buildings for two private firms and shifting of high-tension cables. The two companies have been allotted alternate plots. Work on shifting the high-tension cables will start soon.

The opening of this stretch of the expressway will bring relief to thousands of home buyers whose projects have been delayed because of the incomplete road. Huda officials said it is likely to improve connectivity to at least 25 sectors on either side of the road.

According to sources, roads in sectors 83-84, 82-85, 8186, 99-102, 102-102A, 120-103, 103 106, 109-112, 110A-111 are ready.After this stretch is opened, all these roads will be connected with the expressway . Most of the residential projects in these sectors are either complete or near completion.

“Recently , additional chief secretary of the department of town and country planning (DTCP) Raghvendra Rao had visited the expressway and directed Huda to make a portion of the road, from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, operational by August,“ said the official.

The development authority has also been instructed to complete work on service lanes for sectors along the stretch. Rao directed Huda to provide basic infrastructure, like water supply , sewerage, storm water line and electricity to these sectors, so that people can move into their new homes.

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway , which was conceived over eight years ago, starts from Dwarka in Delhi and ends at Kherki Daula. It was expected to divert 40% of the traffic on NH-8 between Gurgaon and Delhi, but till date, work on only 14.33 km of the road has been completed.The state government has fixed a new deadline of June 2017 for its completion.

The delay has hit residential projects coming up along the expressway , as the area lacks basic amenities.
    CommentQuote
  • Few pictures from DEW and ROB (work in advance stage n good pace).
    Other than attached pics a culvert was under construction and road was blocked completely near sector 102 & 103.
    Work in progress on the vacant land near NPV.

Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BRapria
    Few pictures from DEW and ROB (work in advance stage n good pace).
    Other than attached pics a culvert was under construction and road was blocked completely near sector 102 & 103.

Thanks

Sir , What work was going on near NPV ? Is the 102/103 culvert work same that is near a low lying area where the road never stayed at level ? Any local info ob alottment?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BRapria
    Few pictures from DEW and ROB (work in advance stage n good pace).

Thanks

BRapria,
    Great work sir, what about factory on other side of ROB any news.
    CommentQuote
  • Stuck in jam, FM Jaitley talks of more Delhi-Gurgaon roads

New Delhi: Having received a taste of the daily congestion on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway, finance minister Arun Jaitley on Monday pressed for at least two new link roads between the capital and the "millennium" city.
    The jams on NH 8 ensured Jaitley reached 20 minutes late for the inauguration of the "Happening Haryana" summit and his remarks underlined the obvious - and long-standing - deficiency in a road link used by lakhs of commuters daily. This is not the first time Jaitley has had to endure the clogging on the expressway but the investment summit was an appropriate setting to point out that the basics need fixing as the crawl to Gurgaon is often what foreign visitors experience first while travelling from the international airport to the city.

Read more at:
    Stuck in jam, FM Jaitley talks of more Delhi-Gurgaon roads - Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • While a section of the public rightly believes that the recent media releases about the NPR's phased opening up is a gimmick well timed for the investor's summit, I strongly believe that there may be a good fallout of this decision.

The ROB and Padmini factory are the only major hurdles in the KD to NPV stretch of the DEW. if these gets out of the way in time for August, a good length of the road is usable and things can start moving. Service roads, sewer connections and flood water drains, horticulture in green belt etc. can also start.

NPV timeline is roughly as follows :

HUDA screening committee to accept the land pooling offer of the 8 land owners in sec 110A. - 1 month. (min)
    land owners surrender land, master planning for development - 2 months
    Plot demarcation and allotment to NPV oustees - 3 months
    Development of the sector 110A - 6 months
    Possession of plots to the oustees - 7 months
    6 months court moratorium to vacate the acquired lands by oustees - 13 months.
    Possession and demolition of the stretch - 14 months.
    Road laying and connecting the sector roads in the NPV strech - 17-18 months.

If everything goes well oild slick and really fast track, then may be a couple of months may get shaved off, but I dont believe that NPV road will be in place before August 2017. The same condition may apply to Kherki Dhaula connectivity with NH8.

However, HUDA can use these 16 months by effectively developing the other facilities and all the sector and service roads. Delhi may also move slowly given that 3 union/cabinet ministers (Gadkari/Jaitley/Naidu) have advocated now to resolve the precarious traffic situation between Delhi/Gurgaon. Same party govt. in Centre/Haryana will certainly help.

Sometimes I do realise that the political establishment is really not in effective control of the Bureaucracy, as they have not shown any real resolve or grit in dealing with people's issues and rein in babus. So babus are playing by the rule and blaming courts and other land mafia to deal with political pressure. I have heard that Huda offiicers instigate land mafia to play hard ball in court cases as they know that govt's are in a weak positions as they have to be politically correct when it comes to agricultural land acquisition. Bureaucracy at many places are the internal cancer that's eating away our national strength. The three way check and balance that democracy promises is all completely scre**d up with Politicians, bureaucracy and judiciary every one dragging in their own vested/financial interests have left the nation behind.
    CommentQuote
  • Very informative photos. gud job
    CommentQuote