A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    Strong means he will oppose it.

If its upto Rahul then god only knows..!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ALTAVISTA
    The Bajghera road RoB has been included in this years railway budget..cost was to be shared equally between Haryana Pwd and Railways..Cm Haryana had written to Suresh Prabhu to include it in this budget -which he has done...Now all clear for tender to be floated I believe..

Does anyone know if this is still the crossing and alignment?
    http://forestsclearance.nic.in/writereaddata/FormA/DetailsOfMaps/211212171214DKANMBAJGHERAGEOPLAN).pdf

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=73503
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Some facts about property prices hike in NCR.
    Per my knowledge property prices had a significant hike /appreciation as under

1988-90 (Strong, 3 fold, 2-3 years)
    1996-97 (Moderate, 2 fold, 1-2 years)
    2004-07 (Strong, 3 fold Min., 3-4 years)
    2010-12 (moderate+ 2 fold, 2-3 years)
    If it works same way
    2017-19 should be another season of price hike /appreciation
    and due to moderate season of 2010-12 and as prices has gone down (not stable)
    2017-19 may be a season of 3 folds till 2020.

Few of you may have a big laugh but surely few may be agree to it.....

So, do some homework, Near or Far, Small or Big, Go n get it
    After one year it is going to be now OR never situation like 2004.
    Also believe 2016-17 are the years of global slowdown

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • BRapria; thanks for that analysis. In my opinion, there has been a sea change in fundamentals and valuation methodology of RE over the years. The industry has gone through such a tremendous change in the last 4-5 years that comparison with prior periods have become misleading (to say the least). Some of the serious changes that have come in the last decade (with special emphasis to 5-6 years).

1. the advent of group housing and High density housing. Social changes and preference for security and social amenities (pool,club, parking, gardens etc.) over self built plotted developments.
    2. The high FAR regime and the skyscraper development (well atleast the aspiring ones that are 40+ floors)
    3. democratization of tier II and tier III RE markets. Earlier its was only 2 RE markets in India clocking almost 85% of the transactions by value and 65% by volume. (NCR/Mumbai). This slowly spread to the Hyd, blr, chennai, kolkata areas and followed by over 100s of towns in UP, MP, Maharashtra and every other state not has vibrant RE markets.
    4. Valuation has become very speculative with flipping culture and stock market like actions. This was non-existent before 6 years.
    5. Cost of construction overtaking cost of land (FSI not raw land) in all markets.
    6. Taxation of the RE industry. Currently 30% of the cost of MIG housing (4000-5000/sqt) and even more in case of low cost housing goes in successive and cascading taxes (EDC/IDC/Sertvice Tax/VAT/Registration etc.)

There are many other changes too, which are outcomes of the above main ones and contribute to a game changer in this industry and the face o RE is no longer what it was in the 90s or even the first decade of 2000.

appreciation of RE prices going forward is not going to be on gut feel or emotions or even provident thinking, its going to be very scientific and anlytical - based on - infrastructure growth, social amenities, employment opportunities, public transportation, good maintenance of neighborhood and complex. etc.

Land which used to play a large role in RE prices in the earlier decade and before, has become a small component (say 10-15% in cas of HIG, 15-20% in case of MIG, 20-25% in case of LIG housing) in the landed cost of RE today. say earlier governments had an executive monopoly in the supply of land and effectively controlled prices, but now with HDH, things have been turned on its head and market forces are directly controlling prices.

However I am not saying that your analysis is not thought through, but only that price escalation or valuation will be very subjective and dependent on ground factors and not a general rule across many micro markets. for eg. If lucknow gives good employment and good lifestyle then Lucknow RE market can overtake Gurgaon's (just a thought), this will also apply to micromarkets within a market. So if Noida does well on lifestyle and employment indices, RE investments there can perform much better than a DEW or even GCX etc.

the names of the areas are just indicative and not to be taken literally.
    CommentQuote
  • What you are sharing is absolutely correct Bala2107; however what I had shared are two different things.

I am talking about property price trend at various stages. India 1947 can't be compared with India 2016. A father can't be compared with his son but with his father's friend. Experion (3 Bed, 3.5cr) can't be compared now with any other property in the same or nearby sectors like 109, 110, 111 etc. That difference is still there.

Also I am talking only about NCR (specifically Delhi) and don't have any idea about complete Indian market at various stages. there was no Gurgaon and Noida before 1996 but people started observing potential. India 1990 and 2010 are entirely different models.

We should not forget, price trend can vary within a city and infrastructure plays a big roll to that. No wonder if DEW prices will be same as Golf course road (double now) after 10 years :)

Again, what I wanted to share is ..... boom times
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BRapria
    What you are sharing is absolutely correct Bala2107; however what I had shared are two different things.

I am talking about property price trend at various stages. India 1947 can't be compared with India 2016. A father can't be compared with his son but with his father's friend. Experion (3 Bed, 3.5cr) can't be compared now with any other property in the same or nearby sectors like 109, 110, 111 etc. That difference is still there.

Also I am talking only about NCR (specifically Delhi) and don't have any idea about complete Indian market at various stages. there was no Gurgaon and Noida before 1996 but people started observing potential. India 1990 and 2010 are entirely different models.

We should not forget, price trend can vary within a city and infrastructure plays a big roll to that. No wonder if DEW prices will be same as Golf course road (double now) after 10 years :)

Again, what I wanted to share is ..... boom times

Kaash ....you know dude you may have a point and I have to concur most real estate runs in a 7 year cycle give or take

I am glad I am not the only one suggesting 2019 and in addition it is heartening to hear the importance of infrastructure in promoting any township or its sorts

All that is needed is government and builders to be transparent

So the highly informative Bala and your good self have very valid points

Why mr Bala are you not in government -??????- apologies if you are and you are using a pseudonym
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975
    Kaash ....you know dude you may have a point and I have to concur most real estate runs in a 7 year cycle give or take

I am glad I am not the only one suggesting 2019 and in addition it is heartening to hear the importance of infrastructure in promoting any township or its sorts

All that is needed is government and builders to be transparent

So the highly informative Bala and your good self have very valid points

Why mr Bala are you not in government -??????- apologies if you are and you are using a pseudonym

Well, @Rohit1975, I really dont understand your last statement - I mean no pun.

Are you SAYING that I am in the government, or are you ASKING me why am I not in the Government. - In any case, to your curiosity, I must say that I am not "in" the government. From time to time I have worked for a couple of foreign governments, as well our own as external staff.

To your question on Pseudonym - again I am stumped. If you are saying bala2107 is my pseudonym then well yes, its my username at IREF, like yours being rohit1975.

In any case I cannot get the connection between me, the government and my username logically connecting with each other to form one coherent thought. I dont mind your asking, but I am just not clear what you would want to know. :)

BTW - the 7 years cycles is not just connected to RE, but they can be seen repeating in many markets. There are tons of (conspiracy) theories on this, including some connecting religious or celestial events. I dont want to venture into that as its neither my forte nor the subject of this forum.

But imagine an investment triples itself (200% growth) in 7 years, then we are talking of ~17% CAGR, which is pretty much the equity market returns of ~15-16%. Now a 1-2% illiquidty premium is fair aint it? Again i am not saying that RE will continue to grow at this rate.

I would assume that it could grow ~ 4-5% above Risk free rate (7.5%) + Inflation (4%) - rental yield (2%). So if RE were to give a long term return of 15-16% CAGR, which means that prices double every 7-8 years, then one should be happy. NRIs will have a different take though, accounting for currency risk... Also as the country settled down on a lower interest rate, lower inflation regime and higher rental yields, the premium of RE over RFR+Inflation-Rental Yield will also increase to settle down to 10% CAGR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Well, @Rohit1975, I really dont understand your last statement - I mean no pun.

Are you SAYING that I am in the government, or are you ASKING me why am I not in the Government. - In any case, to your curiosity, I must say that I am not "in" the government. From time to time I have worked for a couple of foreign governments, as well our own as external staff.

To your question on Pseudonym - again I am stumped. If you are saying bala2107 is my pseudonym then well yes, its my username at IREF, like yours being rohit1975.

In any case I cannot get the connection between me, the government and my username logically connecting with each other to form one coherent thought. I dont mind your asking, but I am just not clear what you would want to know. :)

BTW - the 7 years cycles is not just connected to RE, but they can be seen repeating in many markets. There are tons of (conspiracy) theories on this, including some connecting religious or celestial events. I dont want to venture into that as its neither my forte nor the subject of this forum.

But imagine an investment triples itself (200% growth) in 7 years, then we are talking of ~17% CAGR, which is pretty much the equity market returns of ~15-16%. Now a 1-2% illiquidty premium is fair aint it? Again i am not saying that RE will continue to grow at this rate.

I would assume that it could grow ~ 4-5% above Risk free rate (7.5%) + Inflation (4%) - rental yield (2%). So if RE were to give a long term return of 15-16% CAGR, which means that prices double every 7-8 years, then one should be happy. NRIs will have a different take though, accounting for currency risk... Also as the country settled down on a lower interest rate, lower inflation regime and higher rental yields, the premium of RE over RFR+Inflation-Rental Yield will also increase to settle down to 10% CAGR.

Bala2107- thanks dude for the update

You are too eloquent and postings too intelligent for an open forum Internet site with your statements and actually most of the majority makes sense and you don't come across as arrogant
    Hence i felt you can't not be average Joe ....and you don't come across as 2 faced

In essence the last sentence was a compliment -- I think you should be in government in which post probably based on merit I think . Maybe if there were more like you perhaps India would be different

Pseudonym -- actually I have to accept maybe you are and you are using a pseudonym . It's cool - after all if I was someone famous / high up somewhere would I want my self identified on the Internet easily - too many judgement , pc brigade and word can be twisted rephrased rumour circulated character assassination you know the drill etc ....hence a lot of us use pseudonyms ...its just the way things are now sadly

See as you your work history tells us - and me and perhaps a lot on here - we should listen and respect your views-- after all not very Tom dick and Harry will have your resume -- it's a compliment

Well in my mind my posting wad Coherent and I suppose I could have spelled it out in a more structured matter but it's too much to write and wasn't directly relevant to this posting

Anyhow keep up the good work and I look forward to more pearls of wisdom

And enjoy and keep up the good work in the time to time jobs :)
    CommentQuote
  • Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Times of India today
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SilentObserv
    Does anyone know if this is still the crossing and alignment?
    http://forestsclearance.nic.in/writereaddata/FormA/DetailsOfMaps/211212171214DKANMBAJGHERAGEOPLAN).pdf

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=73503

Is this about Palam-Vihar Bajghera Road Overbridge ? If yes....

Funds are approved , but yet to be released .

No work on ground yet...
    CommentQuote
  • August 22 here I suppose is 22 aug 2016 and not aug 2022.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anujgagarwal
    August 22 here I suppose is 22 aug 2016 and not aug 2022.

Ahh Yes..absolutely :D
    CommentQuote
  • Article in toi on 07/03/2016

August opening for Dwarka e-way stretch
    Bagish Jha
    Gurgaon:

Huda has said a 13.5-km section of Dwarka Expressway , from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, will become operational by August 22, after it settled land acquisition hurdles near Sector 100. It will fill a crucial connectivity gap on the 18-km-long road. The project is still caught up in land acquisition hurdles in Chauma village and on the Delhi side.
    A senior Huda official said the expressway will be connected with Pataudi and Basai roads and all nearby sectors by August. Work in these areas was stuck due to construction of buildings for two private firms and shifting of high-tension cables. The two companies have been allotted alternate plots. Work on shifting the high-tension cables will start soon.

The opening of this stretch of the expressway will bring relief to thousands of home buyers whose projects have been delayed because of the incomplete road. Huda officials said it is likely to improve connectivity to at least 25 sectors on either side of the road.

According to sources, roads in sectors 83-84, 82-85, 8186, 99-102, 102-102A, 120-103, 103 106, 109-112, 110A-111 are ready.After this stretch is opened, all these roads will be connected with the expressway . Most of the residential projects in these sectors are either complete or near completion.

“Recently , additional chief secretary of the department of town and country planning (DTCP) Raghvendra Rao had visited the expressway and directed Huda to make a portion of the road, from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, operational by August,“ said the official.

The development authority has also been instructed to complete work on service lanes for sectors along the stretch. Rao directed Huda to provide basic infrastructure, like water supply , sewerage, storm water line and electricity to these sectors, so that people can move into their new homes.

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway , which was conceived over eight years ago, starts from Dwarka in Delhi and ends at Kherki Daula. It was expected to divert 40% of the traffic on NH-8 between Gurgaon and Delhi, but till date, work on only 14.33 km of the road has been completed.The state government has fixed a new deadline of June 2017 for its completion.

The delay has hit residential projects coming up along the expressway , as the area lacks basic amenities.
    CommentQuote
  • http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Gallery.aspx?id=07_03_2016_002_016_008&type=P&artUrl=August-opening-for-Dwarka-e-way-stretch-07032016002016&eid=31808

August opening for Dwarka e-way stretch

Huda has said a 13.5-km section of Dwarka Expressway , from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, will become operational by August 22, after it settled land acquisition hurdles near Sector 100. It will fill a crucial connectivity gap on the 18-km-long road. The project is still caught up in land acquisition hurdles in Chauma village and on the Delhi side.
    A senior Huda official said the expressway will be connected with Pataudi and Basai roads and all nearby sectors by August. Work in these areas was stuck due to construction of buildings for two private firms and shifting of high-tension cables. The two companies have been allotted alternate plots. Work on shifting the high-tension cables will start soon.

The opening of this stretch of the expressway will bring relief to thousands of home buyers whose projects have been delayed because of the incomplete road. Huda officials said it is likely to improve connectivity to at least 25 sectors on either side of the road.

According to sources, roads in sectors 83-84, 82-85, 8186, 99-102, 102-102A, 120-103, 103 106, 109-112, 110A-111 are ready.After this stretch is opened, all these roads will be connected with the expressway . Most of the residential projects in these sectors are either complete or near completion.

“Recently , additional chief secretary of the department of town and country planning (DTCP) Raghvendra Rao had visited the expressway and directed Huda to make a portion of the road, from Kherki Daula to Palam Vihar, operational by August,“ said the official.

The development authority has also been instructed to complete work on service lanes for sectors along the stretch. Rao directed Huda to provide basic infrastructure, like water supply , sewerage, storm water line and electricity to these sectors, so that people can move into their new homes.

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway , which was conceived over eight years ago, starts from Dwarka in Delhi and ends at Kherki Daula. It was expected to divert 40% of the traffic on NH-8 between Gurgaon and Delhi, but till date, work on only 14.33 km of the road has been completed.The state government has fixed a new deadline of June 2017 for its completion.

The delay has hit residential projects coming up along the expressway , as the area lacks basic amenities.
    CommentQuote