NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 12 hours ago
21855 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Maveric007 View Post
    Well no need to get confused. The delhi metro master plan 2021 clearly shows the dwarka sec 21- iffco chowk extension as part of phase iii of metro. Please see:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...elhi_Metro.png

The map clearly shows this line as phase 3 pending approval. The HT article reported that this line which was waiting for approval has now been approved.

Also quoting from Wikipedia itself:

"Phase I (65 km) and Phase II (125 km) were completed in 2006 and 2011, respectively, and Phase III and Phase IV are scheduled for completion in 2016 and 2021, respectively."

So this is not like some stupid Haryana govt plan which will take 5-7-10 years. We have all seen DMRC commitment to quality and meeting deadlines- it clearly beats international standards. They have committed 2016 completion for entire phase iii so they will make sure it gets done!

As for the article about metro extending to manesar through NPR and SPR, that may be 5-7 years away, if not more.(even the map shows HUDA to Sohna rd extension as part of phase 4)
    DMRC completion scheduled if 2016,,, Means 2016...
    Last edited by sunnyj; May 29 2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

In my view this metro link is not beneficial for sectors across NPR or 75m wide road, 95% of new sectors are 4 to 20+ km away from nearest metro station and that too would be approachable after hassle-full railway crossing. Hence, as per my perception this metro link has nothing to do with NPR, it would be more beneficial to old Gurgaon colonies/sectors than anywhere else.

It would be better to remain focus on NPR topic related issues. Which has now following new obstacles:

1. Present govt. lose the hope of revival of this project and seems they have put-down their arms after heavy defeat in Parliament Elections.

2. HUDA is not keen now to execute this project further.

3. Litigation issues remain pending and how authority would justify the survey not done prior to finalizing the alignment.

4. Demolishing of houses/temple/factories are not easy task, its already proved, now what is the solution.

5. Will New State govt. after October assembly election would pursue this project.

6. What happened to Delhi side connectivity when their is no decision maker.

7. All the basic amenities are proposed along with NPR, what would be fate of the projects where NPR wouldn't come.

Above are now new issues apart from following old issues:

1. NHAI denying connectivity of DEW to NH8 before Kherki Daula toll plaza whereas Haryana govt rigid to done it before toll plaza, so far no solution found.

2. Delhi side alignment not finalized neither Delhi authority giving any interest on this project.

3. ROB construction

4. Litigation cases are pending and even number of cases are being increasing (as per information few more cases has been filed recently and where verdict had already delivered even these petitioners are also moving to HC (for RO) and SC).

5. As per NPR planning 60m (30+30) wide green belt would provided both side of road and HT lines would go above from this green belt. Land acquisition for green belt not yet started than how the electricity would provided and sub-station executed.

6 . Few old issues like: Shifting tanks of Basai WTP providing land for 500m long NPR has not done so far neither any action initiated.

चुल्लू-चुल्लू साधेगा, दुआरे हाथी बाँधेगा
      Last edited by ultichakri; May 29 2014, 09:38 AM.
      Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
        In my view this metro link is not beneficial for sectors across NPR or 75m wide road, 95% of new sectors are 4 to 20+ km away from nearest metro station and that too would be approachable after hassle-full railway crossing. Hence, as per my perception this metro link has nothing to do with NPR, it would be more beneficial to old Gurgaon colonies/sectors than anywhere else.

It would be better to remain focus on NPR topic related issues. Which has now following new obstacles:

1. Present govt. lose the hope of revival of this project and seems they have put-down their arms after heavy defeat in Parliament Elections.

2. HUDA is not keen now to execute this project further.

3. Litigation issues remain pending and how authority would justify the survey not done prior to finalizing the alignment.

4. Demolishing of houses/temple/factories are not easy task, its already proved, now what is the solution.

5. Will New State govt. after October assembly election would pursue this project.

6. What happened to Delhi side connectivity when their is no decision maker.

7. All the basic amenities are proposed along with NPR, what would be fate of the projects where NPR wouldn't come.

Above are now new issues apart from following old issues:

1. NHAI denying connectivity of DEW to NH8 before Kherki Daula toll plaza whereas Haryana govt rigid to done it before toll plaza, so far no solution found.

2. Delhi side alignment not finalized neither Delhi authority giving any interest on this project.

3. ROB construction

4. Litigation cases are pending and even number of cases are being increasing (as per information few more cases has been filed recently and where verdict had already delivered even these petitioners are also moving to HC (for RO) and SC).

5. As per NPR planning 60m (30+30) wide green belt would provided both side of road and HT lines would go above from this green belt. Land acquisition for green belt not yet started than how the electricity would provided and sub-station executed.

6 . Few old issues like: Shifting tanks of Basai WTP providing land for 500m long NPR has not done so far neither any action initiated.

चुल्लू-चुल्लू साधेगा, दुआरे हाथी बाँधेगा
        You are right Ulti chakri. There is pessimism all over. We buy your thought that Gurgaon would grow in all directions but not in this direction beside proximity to Delhi.

New and old Govts. would do nothing and administration would shut beside passing tendrs on this Expressway and such a high people/builder interest.

All existing connectivity from Delhi (including current Jaipur highway which is 75 mtrs in Delhi) would grow but this widest expressway would not even get a connectivity.

The last transport medium "on earth" would not come to this side of Gurgaon because no one would ever come to live in these areas beside builders starting to offer possession in coming months. There would be no commercial complex ever open besides this place cheaper than rest of far places in Gurgaon.

Comment

Originally posted by goelamit View Post
          You are right Ulti chakri. There is pessimism all over. We buy your thought that Gurgaon would grow in all directions but not in this direction beside proximity to Delhi.

New and old Govts. would do nothing and administration would shut beside passing tendrs on this Expressway and such a high people/builder interest.

All existing connectivity from Delhi (including current Jaipur highway which is 75 mtrs in Delhi) would grow but this widest expressway would not even get a connectivity.

The last transport medium "on earth" would not come to this side of Gurgaon because no one would ever come to live in these areas beside builders starting to offer possession in coming months. There would be no commercial complex ever open besides this place cheaper than rest of far places in Gurgaon.
          He he ... Good one Amit

Here are some pics to also dispel the lie from the same vocal member that - The stations will be 4 km atleast from DEW sectors/ development

I have done a simple analysis

Picture 1 - Based on the report, I have mapped out DEW and the new Dwarka Gurgaon extension

Picture 2 - Google maps calculation of distance and time from Puri to proposed sector 23 station on the extension route. Distance is 2.7 Km, 7 mins travel time

Picture 3 - Google maps calculation of distance and time from Puri to proposed Bijwasan station on the extension route. Distance is 3.1 Km, 11 mins travel time
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ashu_sharmaa; May 29 2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I Can only LOL :

This is really the height of negative approach .....against the such strong news of great infra. development of Metro connecting two nods Dwarka and Gurgaon to form a complete ring with whole of Delhi.

As expected Whole of West Delhi will travel to Gurgaon through this important link.

It is very clear that this Dwarka -----Palam Vihar----- Iffco Chowk line will be normal Metro as after breakup with Reliance (Airport Metro).

I think people (End users & Investors) are super smart enough to understand the Metro connectivity Passing through Palam Vihar and very near to 100+ Sectors (Just 2-3km away).

----Future belongs to those who takes future decision in present and live in present----

Again it is individual thinking to accept and go forward or remain in the negative mind set thinking about the past.
            Last edited by er.harjinder; May 29 2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashu_sharmaa View Post
              He he ... Good one Amit

Here are some pics to also dispel the lie from the same vocal member that - The stations will be 4 km atleast from DEW sectors/ development

I have done a simple analysis

Picture 1 - Based on the report, I have mapped out DEW and the new Dwarka Gurgaon extension

Picture 2 - Google maps calculation of distance and time from Puri to proposed sector 23 station on the extension route. Distance is 2.7 Km, 7 mins travel time

Picture 3 - Google maps calculation of distance and time from Puri to proposed Bijwasan station on the extension route. Distance is 3.1 Km, 11 mins travel time
              I believe you must be part of the team who is doing the layout of metro link. First, there is no alignment or alternate route fixed so far, these all are in air.

Secondly, the distance you are being measuring with your own proposed route might be through ripping-out the houses/sectors/colonies etc. Go and check physically yourself where the actual road and condition of traffic and than you can estimate how difficult it would be approach from new sectors to any possible connection of Palam vihar which as per your guesstimates metro station would be there (Only God knows where would be exact location of nearest metro station).

As on date neither any proposed route has been decided nor any alignment even on the drawing board, when I am saying 4-25+km than it means the distance between nearest metro-station and sectors 11x to 8x sectors.

Rather discussing on useless topic better to debate on the points listed in my earlier post, hypothetical or ridiculous answers wouldn't hide real and hard facts.

I surprise despite writing several times point-wise issues no body is daring here to reply on it.

आप हारे बहु को मारे
              Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
                I believe you must be part of the team who is doing the layout of metro link. First, there is no alignment or alternate route fixed so far, these all are in air.

Secondly, the distance you are being measuring with your own proposed route might be through ripping-out the houses/sectors/colonies etc. Go and check physically yourself where the actual road and condition of traffic and than you can estimate how difficult it would be approach from new sectors to any possible connection of Palam vihar which as per your guesstimates metro station would be there (Only God knows where would be exact location of nearest metro station).

As on date neither any proposed route has been decided nor any alignment even on the drawing board, when I am saying 4-25+km than it means the distance between nearest metro-station and sectors 11x to 8x sectors.

Rather discussing on useless topic better to debate on the points listed in my earlier post, hypothetical or ridiculous answers wouldn't hide real and hard facts.

I surprise despite writing several times point-wise issues no body is daring here to reply on it.

So, you are saying that the plan is all up in the air. And thus my analysis is wrong...... But on the same ‘up in the air plan’ your analysis of 4 + km is right? Hadd hai double standards ki

BTW its not all up in the air. The map was on the article itself. I am posting it again if you missed it. If you can read the map, please tell me- why the positions that I have marked on the Google map based on the attached pic are wrong (They are not)?

Now to your point of ‘ripping-out the houses/sectors/colonies etc’ to make way for the road. I am sure you have not used google maps or location software. Have you? Else you will not be making this ignorant statement
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ashu_sharmaa; May 29 2014, 12:56 PM. Reason: additional points

Comment

Guys.....let us come to the ground reality..I just wish life was as simple as calculating distances on google map and taking the time required to travel as real.......the map which shows Metro alignment is just a sketch without any markup and milestones........please come to the ground physically and see yourself....Ask people who travel from Dwarka to Gurgaon everyday and they will tell you the traffic congestions daily.......

Great work ulti chakri for highlighting all the issues....let us talk about the real issues....I am not sure how you guys can even imagin that this metro line will be up and running till 2016....grow up guys....atleast those who have seen Gurgaon growing should take this with a great pinch of salt....I just wish all this was true

Comment

Harjinder/Ashu - Arre Ulti Chakri ji nahin sunegey kisis ki????

Comment

NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

Originally posted by mychandigarh View Post
                      Guys.....let us come to the ground reality..I just wish life was as simple as calculating distances on google map and taking the time required to travel as real.......the map which shows Metro alignment is just a sketch without any markup and milestones........please come to the ground physically and see yourself....Ask people who travel from Dwarka to Gurgaon everyday and they will tell you the traffic congestions daily.......

Great work ulti chakri for highlighting all the issues....let us talk about the real issues....I am not sure how you guys can even imagin that this metro line will be up and running till 2016....grow up guys....atleast those who have seen Gurgaon growing should take this with a great pinch of salt....I just wish all this was true

Ofcourse it is a sketch. Thats the best estimate we have. Do u have a better one? If not then lets go with what we have

And you are ready to believe ulti's analysis of 4+ kn, which is not even based on a sketch but ready to discard anything else, even though it has a logic backing it up?

Traffic Congestion can impact time and not distance. Here the question raised was on distance. So let us not digress
                      Last edited by ashu_sharmaa; May 29 2014, 01:24 PM. Reason: points

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X