A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19995 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    @Bala2107

Is it just me or that all the DEW investors gang up and start posting mocking posts? And then all the DEW guys start liking the mocking posts en masse?

I mean some humility would not hurt anybody. If you do not like a poster's view point, ignore it rather than giving it so much importance and starting a gang like atmosphere.

As I have said always, Rohit has a point and he is absolutely right on facts. I d'ont agree with his posting style but that's his prerogative. He may not have stake in DEW but he does have a right to post on DEW, negative or positive.

Bala, you would be amazed by the number of brokers on this forum, so the logic of not being invested in DEW flies in the face of brokers.

As I said, I hope (and for Gurgaon's sake) that DEW becomes operational immediately but do not stifle opinion.

Dear Sir,

I hope you must have read the preceding quotes of mine than the one of mine, which has been quoted by you. My whole irritation was the manner in which he showed utter disregard & mocking attitude towards the investors. Thats it. Anyone can have any point of view but no one should be disrespectful to anyone. Bottom line created by said Rohit Warren in most of his tweets is that nothing is going to happen about dew in coming future and investors should simply go away. This is very sarcastic attitude on his part. He has not been specific at all till now. Just keep reiterating builder , bank , govt collusion time and again. Even if it is so, then rather than cribbing here , he should some social service and get some investigation started at proper level.

I hope , at least , I have not been unfair to him, though he has been.

Have a nice day. Tc.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Manoj

I am logging out of this thread as I think it is only for DEW investors and for positive news on DEW.

Chill. You have been quite a sport with good discussions. The balancing part is important. It's your prerogative to be here or not but I enjoy u being here
    CommentQuote

Everybody chillax relax man , so many sensitive souls . Really VOLTAIRE rules in ideology
    Reality Riceheliu rules are part of today's society

Just enjoy , read , have a difference of opinion have a good debate and then meet for dinner and drinks ..aka Mahabharat style with Pandav vs Kaurav 1989-90s serial

Frankly I have no idea where true honest rules opinions laws come from concerning dew hey even for that matter pertaining to India
    All I ever reads and hear is we as talking about implementing things and will meet again to talk talk . In essence all manure

The only ones who can really make things happen is leadership full stop . Mere khayal mein samajhne wale samajhgaye honge

2019 it is
    CommentQuote
    Hilarious!

Reminded me of a hindi saying

"Rassi jal gayi, par bal nahin gaya"

Quoting another hilarious one. It's also a hindi saying...

Chal Rasta Naap! Koi Rasta Na Mile to DEW hi Naap Ke AA Jana my buddy...
    CommentQuote
  • *JethroNull ; I completely respect your view points and have never found your views unrealistic, biased or mocking, you have voiced your opinion frankly, thats it. With all due respect, so have many others, No one is running away from facts. Most of us have the humility to accept our investment mistakes, none of us want to live in dreamland.

Infact, the market is down in all areas, builders are cheating in all projects, banks are lending to projects without due diligence and they wash their hands off when the builder goes bust. Most projects in India (especially in NCR) are late by over 36 months on an average. There are atleast 20 major infrastructure projects stuck in Gurgaon Itself.

So, while this "being right on facts" is highly appreciated, its not adding any value as its ubiquitous across the industry. How does it specifically address any DEW related issue. Also why should these statement of facts come only when some poster has to feel good about some small development or media release. as if to rain on someone's parade. I dont have a problem with that, as its the poster's own judgement. But it certainly didnt sound like "genuine concern" for the distressed buyer's.

I have been on this forum for sometime now, and dont feel that people are repulsive to statement of facts, I am not contributing much to this forum in terms of facts as I am not close to the ground on that. I am also not concerned about the style of people's post writing, as it is their own prerogative. So in essence I dont care if someone is mocking at my foolishness to invest in the NPR. Only time will tell.

The purpose of my last post was only to understand if I am getting the right picture of some of these 'factual posts". Seems like there are many unawares like me.

So, once again I have truly enjoyed reading your posts from time to time, so pls continue the good work. And yes, We all hope that Gurgaon gets its NPR.
    CommentQuote
  • Forty posts about the behaviour of me and one other bloggers all saying what?
    I am bad because I write things in blunt manners but I have never written anything which is irrelevant I have never speculated and above all I did have a stake in d eway which I would be exiting this month.
    Now in last forty posts no one even mentioned how bankers did a wrong due diligence and along with builders and brokers sucked the hard earned money for common man.
    No action discussed no leader came forward, is d eway projects are only filled with keyboard punching it guys are there no government officials or people with real connections?

Let me give you an example long ago when to get landline connection you had to wait for decades now one boss wanted to favor his relative what he did? He alloted out of turn connection to everyone in the area where his relative lived.
    Did you get the point? It's only government body with unlimited power so if they had the willingness to complete it believe me it would be done in three months flat.
    But nah no one will say write or do anything about it rather forty posts centered around me by god I am famous!
    CommentQuote
  • Another request to moderators - can you consider a word limit? PLEASE?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shilac
    Another request to moderators - can you consider a word limit? PLEASE?

What do u mean ? Please explain .
    CommentQuote
  • In this day and age people don't have time to see long posts. Posters should try and limit their comments and summarize. Perhaps 100 words with links to content in the web.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shilac
    In this day and age people don't have time to see long posts. Posters should try and limit their comments and summarize. Perhaps 100 words with links to content in the web.

I think this is not practical, but let me discuss it with Administrators .
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. Maybe 100 was too restrictive. But max 150-200 should do nicely I think.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Forty posts about the behaviour of me and one other bloggers all saying what?
    I am bad because I write things in blunt manners but I have never written anything which is irrelevant I have never speculated and above all I did have a stake in d eway which I would be exiting this month.
    Now in last forty posts no one even mentioned how bankers did a wrong due diligence and along with builders and brokers sucked the hard earned money for common man.
    No action discussed no leader came forward, is d eway projects are only filled with keyboard punching it guys are there no government officials or people with real connections?

Let me give you an example long ago when to get landline connection you had to wait for decades now one boss wanted to favor his relative what he did? He alloted out of turn connection to everyone in the area where his relative lived.
    Did you get the point? It's only government body with unlimited power so if they had the willingness to complete it believe me it would be done in three months flat.
    But nah no one will say write or do anything about it rather forty posts centered around me by god I am famous!

People who have invested in projects on NPR did so because they anticipated high returns due to its excellent location (proximity to International Airport and Adjacent to Delhi). I also invested in two projects in 2012 and have been very disappointed due to virtually zero capital appreciation during the past 4 years. However, can I blame the lack of capital appreciation on the poor progress in NPR? No, not at all. The zero capital appreciation is because I invested during the peak of the real estate up-cycle. We are now in a down cycle and will have to patiently wait out the down cycle of around 5 years. I had sold a plot in Gurgaon in 2011 and a flat in Gurgaon in 2012. Both these properties were in fully developed and litigation free sectors with excellent connectivity and infrastructure. I can buy back the same properties today at a 15% discount to my 2011-12 sale price. By the way, I had bought this plot in 1998 during the down cycle from 1996-2003. I got negative returns till 2003 but sold it in 2011 with a wonderful appreciation.

If I have any regrets, it is only that I could not time the real estate cycle correctly. Ideally, one should buy near the bottom of the cycle and sell close to the peak. However, if all of us could read economic cycles so well, we would all be billionaires and not be passing time writing posts on IREF. Also, do not forget that there are hundreds of very smart billionaires and multi millionaires in India who got carried away during the boom period of 2004-2011 and made huge risky investments in Infrastructure, Steel and Power projects. Many of them are either fully bankrupt or close to bankruptcy and have taken huge losses. Compared to them, my investments in NPR have done rather well. Also, if I had invested my money in 2011-12 in buying properties in fully developed posh colonies in south Delhi, I would be currently sitting on a loss of nearly 30% on my capital invested.

Now coming back to NPR. During the past 4 years since I made my investments in NPR properties, a lot of progress has definitely taken place. The NPR is now being developed as a National Highway and will be built to high quality specifications. The new Palam Vihar litigation has been resolved to a large extent. The demarcation of plots in diplomatic enclave has happened and internal roads are also being developed. Bijwasan railway station is now being developed as a nodal hub for railway traffic coming from Gujarat, Rajastan and Haryana. The huge Exhibition and Convention Center in Sector 24 Dwarka will see investments of thousands of crores. Funding for this ECC will be done through DMICDC and we will definitely see good progress in the years ahead. The ISBT at Dwarka will also take off once the Bijwasan Raiway station gets developed. The Golf Course is also being developed in Dwarka. The Gurgaon Global City project which is being developed in the 1400 Acres of the cancelled Reliance SEZ project land is also on track and will be funded through DMICDC. Yes, it may take 10 years for these projects to fully fructify. However, given the lacs of crores of infrastructure investments planned in this region, I am expecting excellent returns on my NPR properties. In fact, my gut feeling is that NPR projects will give the highest appreciation in Delhi NCR if we take a medium time frame of 5 years. Show me any other region in Delhi NCR where so many large infrastructure investments are planned.

I am a reasonably rich man today only because I held on to my investments patiently and gave them time to mature. If I had listened to all the nay-sayers and doubting-thomases, I would be staying in a rented house and feeling insecure about the future. India is a huge and rapidly urbanizing country. And history has proven that whenever any country urbanizes rapidly, real estate is the asset class which generates maximum wealth.

My observations above are not limited to only real estate. Other asset classes like Stocks, Gold, commodities etc also have their own cycles. The wise investor always holds on to his good assets and does not panic during a down cycle. Great investors like Warren Buffet and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala became so rich because they had conviction in their investments and held on to them for long periods of time.

Anyone who has a short term outlook of 1 to 2 years should not invest in Real Estate since we are currently going through a down cycle. However, if the outlook is of over 5 years, this is possibly the best time to buy.

For those who are going to now brand me as a broker or some other manipulator, please note that I am a sensible investor who prefers to maintain a low profile. I wrote this post just because I saw so much of misinformation and deliberate negativity being spread in this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by colspyadav
    People who have invested in projects on NPR did so because they anticipated high returns due to its excellent location (proximity to International Airport and Adjacent to Delhi). I also invested in two projects in 2012 and have been very disappointed due to virtually zero capital appreciation during the past 4 years. However, can I blame the lack of capital appreciation on the poor progress in NPR? No, not at all. The zero capital appreciation is because I invested during the peak of the real estate up-cycle. We are now in a down cycle and will have to patiently wait out the down cycle of around 5 years. I had sold a plot in Gurgaon in 2011 and a flat in Gurgaon in 2012. Both these properties were in fully developed and litigation free sectors with excellent connectivity and infrastructure. I can buy back the same properties today at a 15% discount to my 2011-12 sale price. By the way, I had bought this plot in 1998 during the down cycle from 1996-2003. I got negative returns till 2003 but sold it in 2011 with a wonderful appreciation.

If I have any regrets, it is only that I could not time the real estate cycle correctly. Ideally, one should buy near the bottom of the cycle and sell close to the peak. However, if all of us could read economic cycles so well, we would all be billionaires and not be passing time writing posts on IREF. Also, do not forget that there are hundreds of very smart billionaires and multi millionaires in India who got carried away during the boom period of 2004-2011 and made huge risky investments in Infrastructure, Steel and Power projects. Many of them are either fully bankrupt or close to bankruptcy and have taken huge losses. Compared to them, my investments in NPR have done rather well. Also, if I had invested my money in 2011-12 in buying properties in fully developed posh colonies in south Delhi, I would be currently sitting on a loss of nearly 30% on my capital invested.

Now coming back to NPR. During the past 4 years since I made my investments in NPR properties, a lot of progress has definitely taken place. The NPR is now being developed as a National Highway and will be built to high quality specifications. The new Palam Vihar litigation has been resolved to a large extent. The demarcation of plots in diplomatic enclave has happened and internal roads are also being developed. Bijwasan railway station is now being developed as a nodal hub for railway traffic coming from Gujarat, Rajastan and Haryana. The huge Exhibition and Convention Center in Sector 24 Dwarka will see investments of thousands of crores. Funding for this ECC will be done through DMICDC and we will definitely see good progress in the years ahead. The ISBT at Dwarka will also take off once the Bijwasan Raiway station gets developed. The Golf Course is also being developed in Dwarka. The Gurgaon Global City project which is being developed in the 1400 Acres of the cancelled Reliance SEZ project land is also on track and will be funded through DMICDC. Yes, it may take 10 years for these projects to fully fructify. However, given the lacs of crores of infrastructure investments planned in this region, I am expecting excellent returns on my NPR properties. In fact, my gut feeling is that NPR projects will give the highest appreciation in Delhi NCR if we take a medium time frame of 5 years. Show me any other region in Delhi NCR where so many large infrastructure investments are planned.

I am a reasonably rich man today only because I held on to my investments patiently and gave them time to mature. If I had listened to all the nay-sayers and doubting-thomases, I would be staying in a rented house and feeling insecure about the future. India is a huge and rapidly urbanizing country. And history has proven that whenever any country urbanizes rapidly, real estate is the asset class which generates maximum wealth.

My observations above are not limited to only real estate. Other asset classes like Stocks, Gold, commodities etc also have their own cycles. The wise investor always holds on to his good assets and does not panic during a down cycle. Great investors like Warren Buffet and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala became so rich because they had conviction in their investments and held on to them for long periods of time.

Anyone who has a short term outlook of 1 to 2 years should not invest in Real Estate since we are currently going through a down cycle. However, if the outlook is of over 5 years, this is possibly the best time to buy.

For those who are going to now brand me as a broker or some other manipulator, please note that I am a sensible investor who prefers to maintain a low profile. I wrote this post just because I saw so much of misinformation and deliberate negativity being spread in this thread.

You said that you bought for high returns okay so you are an investor or a speculator non of your posts are relevant because they would be biased which is the inherent nature of speculators.
    I am concerned about the end users who are as we read or write getting their blood sucked by the bankers builders.

Instead of writing so much the endusers should keep writing to banking ombudsman the finance minister the prime minister the president the urban development minister the chief justice of India.
    They should find phone numbers of huda admin the cm and everyone else and keep sending them sms every day.
    We have done it in another region of Haryana and we got results.
    Just saying that market is down and so no work will progress is a bs instilled in the mind of common mab by media.
    What market conditions has to do with the completion of projects where builder has got 95% payment or what market conditions has to do with huda acquiring land or realigning the road it's all bankers builders conspiracy where one is getting interest and other too is enjoying free money.

Gear up for some action write mails send sms tweet place banners on cars distribute flyers organise dharna on major squares.

But again we are elite class these things are for lower class hamari skin kharab ho jaayegi dhoop mai.. Bs people rode bicycle for miles on car free day in name of pollution which had no effect but will not walk in front of cm house because it's not fashionable.

Abhi bhi time hai move to ready to move flats sakoon aur paise dono milege.
    CommentQuote
  • I wish people who condemn Dway developments and are extremely active on the Dwarka expressway thread were equally active on the following NCR projects' threads which are stuck due to litigation or other delays:

DMIC thread
      KMP Expressway thread
      New Delhi Master Plan thread
      Ganga expressway and Yamuna Expressway regions' threads
      Noida Extension region thread
      Gurgaon Extension (Sohna) thread
      and other projects' threads where investors are stuck and delays seem unending.
    CommentQuote
  • No doubt, the DEW has been delayed but on long-term basis the area has good potential. If you believe in long term investment, stay invested otherwise exit at the best available price. All new areas take long time ( more then 10 years) to develop. Dawarka also took more then 12 years ( 1990 to 2004) to provide return to its investors. So, keep building pressure for early completion for DEW but main risk factor is financial status of your builder.
    CommentQuote