A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Members, please note -

Insults/Flaming
    IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Yup. Nothing wrong.

Is it a lie that DEW is stick for ages and people who have invested here has only lost money. As things stand on ground, DEW is still murky and no resolution is in sight.

Counter me on facts, everything else is noise.

You are getting distracted. You original point (based on which this discussion started) was not a debate on DEW and facts.

Its about behaviour. Pessimist brigade also ridicule people and also jump on people with positive opinion of Dew. So please change your behaviour before asking others to change theirs
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashu_sharmaa
    You are getting distracted. You original point (based on which this discussion started) was not a debate on DEW and facts.

Its about behaviour. Pessimist brigade also ridicule people and also jump on people with positive opinion of Dew. So please change your behaviour before asking others to change theirs

Not at all.

I am not a pessimist, am a realist. Also, do not mock people. I apologize if any comment/s that I made has hurt anyone.

As I have said always, I hope DEW come through for the sake of Gurgaon.

Also, hope facts prevail on this thread and people are more sanguine.

Good luck!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Members, please note -

Insults/Flaming
    IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.

Hi Manoj

I am logging out of this thread as I think it is only for DEW investors and for positive news on DEW.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Manoj

I am logging out of this thread as I think it is only for DEW investors and for positive news on DEW.

Certain people may not like to read facts, but it is the moral duty of all fair minded members to present them , however adverse the conditions may be .

It is entirely your choice whether to contribute further in this thread or not .
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road) / Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon - Updates

Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Not doing any personal attacks, just giving my POV.

Problem is that you guys lose objectivity when the opinion is contradictory.

Nothing against u my dear friend !
    However As u mentioned about your recently acquired love for some one here , it's not only the style but many other things which are only degrading the standards of discussions.
    BTW I do not possess a feeble character to lose objectivity with a few posts from someone. Would love to see a post from me like that.
    And also I and many others on this forum are working objectively which may help u too sell ur 8x unit.
    CommentQuote
    @Bala2107

Is it just me or that all the DEW investors gang up and start posting mocking posts? And then all the DEW guys start liking the mocking posts en masse?

I mean some humility would not hurt anybody. If you do not like a poster's view point, ignore it rather than giving it so much importance and starting a gang like atmosphere.

As I have said always, Rohit has a point and he is absolutely right on facts. I d'ont agree with his posting style but that's his prerogative. He may not have stake in DEW but he does have a right to post on DEW, negative or positive.

Bala, you would be amazed by the number of brokers on this forum, so the logic of not being invested in DEW flies in the face of brokers.

As I said, I hope (and for Gurgaon's sake) that DEW becomes operational immediately but do not stifle opinion.

Dear Sir,

I hope you must have read the preceding quotes of mine than the one of mine, which has been quoted by you. My whole irritation was the manner in which he showed utter disregard & mocking attitude towards the investors. Thats it. Anyone can have any point of view but no one should be disrespectful to anyone. Bottom line created by said Rohit Warren in most of his tweets is that nothing is going to happen about dew in coming future and investors should simply go away. This is very sarcastic attitude on his part. He has not been specific at all till now. Just keep reiterating builder , bank , govt collusion time and again. Even if it is so, then rather than cribbing here , he should some social service and get some investigation started at proper level.

I hope , at least , I have not been unfair to him, though he has been.

Have a nice day. Tc.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Manoj

Chill. You have been quite a sport with good discussions. The balancing part is important. It's your prerogative to be here or not but I enjoy u being here
    CommentQuote

Everybody chillax relax man , so many sensitive souls . Really VOLTAIRE rules in ideology
    Reality Riceheliu rules are part of today's society

Just enjoy , read , have a difference of opinion have a good debate and then meet for dinner and drinks ..aka Mahabharat style with Pandav vs Kaurav 1989-90s serial

Frankly I have no idea where true honest rules opinions laws come from concerning dew hey even for that matter pertaining to India
    All I ever reads and hear is we as talking about implementing things and will meet again to talk talk . In essence all manure

The only ones who can really make things happen is leadership full stop . Mere khayal mein samajhne wale samajhgaye honge

2019 it is
    CommentQuote
    Hilarious!

Reminded me of a hindi saying

"Rassi jal gayi, par bal nahin gaya"

Quoting another hilarious one. It's also a hindi saying...

Chal Rasta Naap! Koi Rasta Na Mile to DEW hi Naap Ke AA Jana my buddy...
    CommentQuote
  • *JethroNull ; I completely respect your view points and have never found your views unrealistic, biased or mocking, you have voiced your opinion frankly, thats it. With all due respect, so have many others, No one is running away from facts. Most of us have the humility to accept our investment mistakes, none of us want to live in dreamland.

Infact, the market is down in all areas, builders are cheating in all projects, banks are lending to projects without due diligence and they wash their hands off when the builder goes bust. Most projects in India (especially in NCR) are late by over 36 months on an average. There are atleast 20 major infrastructure projects stuck in Gurgaon Itself.

So, while this "being right on facts" is highly appreciated, its not adding any value as its ubiquitous across the industry. How does it specifically address any DEW related issue. Also why should these statement of facts come only when some poster has to feel good about some small development or media release. as if to rain on someone's parade. I dont have a problem with that, as its the poster's own judgement. But it certainly didnt sound like "genuine concern" for the distressed buyer's.

I have been on this forum for sometime now, and dont feel that people are repulsive to statement of facts, I am not contributing much to this forum in terms of facts as I am not close to the ground on that. I am also not concerned about the style of people's post writing, as it is their own prerogative. So in essence I dont care if someone is mocking at my foolishness to invest in the NPR. Only time will tell.

The purpose of my last post was only to understand if I am getting the right picture of some of these 'factual posts". Seems like there are many unawares like me.

So, once again I have truly enjoyed reading your posts from time to time, so pls continue the good work. And yes, We all hope that Gurgaon gets its NPR.
    CommentQuote
  • Forty posts about the behaviour of me and one other bloggers all saying what?
    I am bad because I write things in blunt manners but I have never written anything which is irrelevant I have never speculated and above all I did have a stake in d eway which I would be exiting this month.
    Now in last forty posts no one even mentioned how bankers did a wrong due diligence and along with builders and brokers sucked the hard earned money for common man.
    No action discussed no leader came forward, is d eway projects are only filled with keyboard punching it guys are there no government officials or people with real connections?

Let me give you an example long ago when to get landline connection you had to wait for decades now one boss wanted to favor his relative what he did? He alloted out of turn connection to everyone in the area where his relative lived.
    Did you get the point? It's only government body with unlimited power so if they had the willingness to complete it believe me it would be done in three months flat.
    But nah no one will say write or do anything about it rather forty posts centered around me by god I am famous!
    CommentQuote
  • Another request to moderators - can you consider a word limit? PLEASE?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shilac
    Another request to moderators - can you consider a word limit? PLEASE?

What do u mean ? Please explain .
    CommentQuote
  • In this day and age people don't have time to see long posts. Posters should try and limit their comments and summarize. Perhaps 100 words with links to content in the web.
    CommentQuote