A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19807 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ashok1984
    Yes sir, Scenario 2 mentioned by you has happened but not on an active basis. I have received emails in past from builders/brokers in prelaunch where they have rather offered discount in sale price instead of demanding any sum in cash. But yes, in commercial launches, it has happened that a few emails demanded cash part out of total sale price , but not in residential ones.

I don't recall the details, but surely has happened in Residential as well. But agree it is not widespread.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sgoel1234
    I don't recall the details, but surely has happened in Residential as well. But agree it is not widespread.

Yes, it can happen in residential in future too provided project is hot in market in all respects.
    CommentQuote
  • The website has made company specific threads as sticky.

Real Acres and BlessU were right about the impact of housing.com owning iref.

I request mods to please delete this account or guide me in the procedure to do so as I don't find any such option in the settings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hemant434
    The website has made company specific threads as sticky.

Real Acres and BlessU were right about the impact of housing.com owning iref.

I request mods to please delete this account or guide me in the procedure to do so as I don't find any such option in the settings.

Which Company specific threads r u talking about ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Which Company specific threads r u talking about ?

Unitech thread was made sticky in Gurgaon forum which is now changed.

3C thread has been made sticky in Noida forum.
    CommentQuote
    Unitech thread was made sticky in Gurgaon forum which is now changed.

3C thread has been made sticky in Noida forum.

Looks like a software glitch . Many sticky threads r getting stuck & unstuck automatically .

Technical team is looking at it .

I am so amazed, People start accusing IREF at the drop of the hat .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Looks like a software glitch . Many sticky threads r getting stuck & unstuck automatically .

Technical team is looking at it .

I am so amazed, People start accusing IREF at the drop of the hat .

I apologize if it was unintentional.

But what is the statistical probability of only those sticky threads getting removed where views were predominantly bearish on real estate ?
    CommentQuote

But what is the statistical probability of only those sticky threads getting removed where views were predominantly bearish on real estate ?

Something seems to be wrong & the software seems to be misbehaving .

I am not aware of the exact cause of it, but we r looking at it, it may take us some time to resolve it .

I am manually sticking older threads & unsticking undeserving one's, but the software glitch might overturn what i do .

So, bear with us, till the Technical team resolves the issue .
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone have info about what's happening on the ROB near Basai? Is the progress on it ok for it to be completed by August as mentioned earlier by HUDA/Railways?
    CommentQuote

It is very easy to blame software. But the point raised is valid and reveal the intention. Why only real estate company thread made sticky? Now apart from smart cities software are also getting over smart.

But anyways software can even block those threads for some time off not software but human beings software wants.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by eyeopener
    It is very easy to blame software. But the point raised is valid and reveal the intention. Why only real estate company thread made sticky? Now apart from smart cities software are also getting over smart.

But anyways software can even block those threads for some time off not software but human beings software wants.

No more explanations, i have already explained .

If u r still not satisfied & doubt IREF's intentions, u have the option to quit the forum .

Thanks .
    CommentQuote
  • Do we have any alternate of IREF? Is it possible to ensure to designate members as dealer, end user, investors or builders on this platform.

I am invested in one of the project in NPR area. Before taking a plunge during late 2014; I have spend quite a lot time visiting the sites and reading relevant threads on IREF.

But IREF gave very little help in giving direction about good or bad projects or making any decisions. This is because of non-demarcation of members in above categories; you read any of project specific or area specific threads and you'll be get more confused.

Everybody will try to sell their interest and end user who have limited knowledge about the RE market; suffer.

I would like to understand that if IREF was created to keep end user/common public interest or it is here to fulfil interest of people on other side.

Since members are not allowed to talk about any direct buy/sell details it seems that idea behind creating IREF was to provide knowledge and real picture of RE market to common public/end user who have limited resources to find any real information about the project or macro market.

This even seems to me a great business oppourtunity to create a Real Estate discussion forum where members needs to verified as per above categories before enrolling so that every one can understand their motives and they need not to hide behind fancy names.

Members/moderators please comment...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitkashyap
    Do we have any alternate of IREF? Is it possible to ensure to designate members as dealer, end user, investors or builders on this platform.

I am invested in one of the project in NPR area. Before taking a plunge during late 2014; I have spend quite a lot time visiting the sites and reading relevant threads on IREF.

But IREF gave very little help in giving direction about good or bad projects or making any decisions. This is because of non-demarcation of members in above categories; you read any of project specific or area specific threads and you'll be get more confused.

Everybody will try to sell their interest and end user who have limited knowledge about the RE market; suffer.

I would like to understand that if IREF was created to keep end user/common public interest or it is here to fulfil interest of people on other side.

Since members are not allowed to talk about any direct buy/sell details it seems that idea behind creating IREF was to provide knowledge and real picture of RE market to common public/end user who have limited resources to find any real information about the project or macro market.

This even seems to me a great business oppourtunity to create a Real Estate discussion forum where members needs to verified as per above categories before enrolling so that every one can understand their motives and they need not to hide behind fancy names.

It may happen dude . Applaud your views and by Jove I Agree with even aspect of your views

As for who is who well , hard one as truth is a precious commodity , experience teaches me very few are inherently honest -- yes many will deny this too ..their choice ....but I hear Kalyug ka Zamana and all

Remember one thing make your own choice , visit your self the site you want ,ask the site manager head office -- better still just ask the labourers who are making it off you .. You will find they are actually very nice and a fountain of knowledge ..all for sharing some tea with . Trust me

I have my views and expressed them the reasons why a certain year will provide furthe info

Since you are already invested in DEW if you can wait it out until 2019 post election. Your rate of return both financially and if a home project will be much better
    Ps I am not a broker

If it helps DEW if made will be great but how long is debatable . You sound level headed bloke

Good luck in whatever decision you make
    CommentQuote
    Do we have any alternate of IREF? Is it possible to ensure to designate members as dealer, end user, investors or builders on this platform.

This even seems to me a great business opportunity to create a Real Estate discussion forum where members needs to verified as per above categories before enrolling so that every one can understand their motives and they need not to hide behind fancy names.

sometimes I feel yahan doctor ghar bana rahe hain aur engineers operation kar rahe hain :) .

Want to buy a property, AAPKO KHUD MAUSAM VAIGYANIK BANNA PADEGA

Sir I agree and disagree your thoughts and sentiments.
    IREF is an good platform to share and express yourself. It is not only give you many useful information but a fun filled platform for many. You put 100 people in a room and try to get their opinion in a particular issue. you will learn at least 50 ideas doing the same thing until they are not from same profession. Similarly here we have many different people with different ideas. The only difference here is one can't hit another being writing/ reading on his computer. Fight we saw many a times in their posts.
    Ab apne Rohit1975 ko he dekh lo don't know ye Andmaan me rehte hain ya Menchester me lekin inko bada steek idea hai ki market 2019 me hi chamkegi. Kabhi time mila to inse jaanenge bhai ho sake to 2019 ka mahina aur din bhi bata do :) sorry

Anyways here we have seen many people sharing wonderful information and sometimes few sharing enough rubbish.
    So want to buy a property, as a minimum you have to be aware of 7 year RE cycle and the infrastructure/ development in the particular area you want to invest.

Thanks
    CommentQuote

amitkashyap; IREF seems to be just what its called - a Forum - it is a meeting place or medium where ideas on a particular "issue" is being discussed. So as much as I know Forums are "issue" based and not "participant" based. Participants usually represent a cross section of the ecosystem in which the particular "issue" pans out. When we restrict or classify a discussions by the genre of participants (by trade, interest or like-mindedness), then it just becomes an "association". Then you are completely locked out of the "other side" and it just becomes a self-fulfilling discussion where each one scratching the other's back.

having said that, there can be motivated posts or discussions which border on vested interests. As forum participants, skimming the surface will not help. A deep dive is necessary to see the larger picture. Also since social media empowers the arm-chair warrior to voice his point of view being anonymous and without being silenced we are to expect all kinds of information. Perhaps this information overload is the bane on this techo-social media where you are pretty much in the same place where we started when we had no social media (say 10-12 years back). We had no information so we had to be "on-the ground", now we have "soo-much" information that it borders on irrelvance and confusion, so again if you are unable to navigate this maze of information then you pretty much are back to "ground" situation.

I would still say, that IREF is an interesting place to see different hues of public opinion (especially sentiments) and how its whipped up, tamed down and sometimes coloured by "interests". Now isnt that an interesting place to be, rather than listening to one side of the story at all times ?

Just my opinion, but I completely understand your candour and frustration of not being able deduce a conclusion by just being on IREF. :)
    CommentQuote