A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    My 2 cents on the Metro line on DEW...

I know it's terribly delayed but the day it comes....most of us in this forum will not have enough money to buy anything on or ever near DEW.

There were days when Dwarka apartments were ready but no one moved in for some years due to the approach roads. Withing a few years when Palam flyover was built, a major drain was covered to provide access to and from Janakpuri and finally the Metro line was introduced the property prices shot up the sky and whatever was earlier cheap went beyond limits...

Time plays a major role! even if it's 2-3 years... For those can continue with their loans and investments...the benefits of sticking to DEW will reap and all losses that are currently being counted will be converted to profits in very short timeframe...

I am an invester in DEW...and an optimistic as well...

I agree 100%.

I remember, around year 1995, one of my friend was allotted a 2BHK DDA flat in Dwarka for about Rs. 5 lacs. He wanted to sell, but got no buyers, so cancelled the allotment. Now after development of Dwarka, same flat costs 60-70 lacs (may be more).

God willing, same may happen with DEW properties.
    CommentQuote
  • Faridabad is no Gurgaon...don't even compare please... it was never on the priority list even when Gurgaon(excluding DEW) was prospering....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    Faridabad is no Gurgaon...don't even compare please... it was never on the priority list even when Gurgaon(excluding DEW) was prospering....

Yes. You are right.

In year 2000 , while attending a marriage function in faridabad with my dad, a guest from faridabad came upto him and while discussing several things told his specific opinion that, Gurgaon has grown so much which is not possible to be matched up by any other city of NCR. Even in those days, coming from Gurgaon used to considered as cool.

Things have only gone up in last 16 years and so has been the rise of Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok1984
    Yes. You are right.

In year 2000 , while attending a marriage function in faridabad with my dad, a guest from faridabad came upto him and while discussing several things told his specific opinion that, Gurgaon has grown so much which is not possible to be matched up by any other city of NCR. Even in those days, coming from Gurgaon used to considered as cool.

Things have only gone up in last 16 years and so has been the rise of Gurgaon.

If Noida could be stripped of it's UP tag gurgaon will be deserted.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    If Noida could be stripped of it's UP tag gurgaon will be deserted.

If the stripes of the tiger were wiped off it will look like a donkey!! yes yes, we can see what you mean. I have sympathies with your seething angst and you don't have to be apologetic about Faridabad. It is a great city, maybe, just that in some aspects Gurgaon is better! thats all!!
    In any case we all will celebrate your Faridabad's success story whenever it comes. But you'll agree Gurgaon has an enviable oomph about it already, isn't it!!

So,
    Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by seamless
    If the stripes of the tiger were wiped off it will look like a donkey!! yes yes, we can see what you mean. I have sympathies with your seething angst and you don't have to be apologetic about Faridabad. It is a great city, maybe, just that in some aspects Gurgaon is better! thats all!!
    In any case we all will celebrate your Faridabad's success story whenever it comes. But you'll agree Gurgaon has an enviable oomph about it already, isn't it!!

So,
    Cheers!

You know what I can read your frustration which has become your anger and coming out on the online forum - why did you bring faridabad here ? did I mention it ?
    Noida scores 10 times in infra than any city of haryana and yes if there wasn't the UP tag with Noida it is better than gurgaon in most of the other aspects.
    So my dear friend jo punch some punching bags as the bad news keep pouring on your fav d eway
    CommentQuote
  • I invested all my sale money from my fathers plot of East Delhi in pioneer park apt. and plots in brahma city in sectors 61/62 in the year 2008/09 in pre launching stage and got fortune but still failed to understand why as of now markets of East Delhi is still 2/4 times higher then gurgaon even after 7 years considering gurgaon micro mkt. of gce road is more better relatively then South Delhi where i lived before my retirement.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by redwine_sing
    I invested all my sale money from my fathers plot of East Delhi in pioneer park apt. and plots in brahma city in sectors 61/62 in the year 2008/09 in pre launching stage and got fortune but still failed to understand why as of now markets of East Delhi is still 2/4 times higher then gurgaon even after 7 years considering gurgaon micro mkt. of gce road is more better relatively then South Delhi where i lived before my retirement.

Because it's Delhi the lure of pincode 1100xx is so great that it clouds every other aspect.
    No matter where you live in ncr but it's not Delhi.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by redwine_sing
    I invested all my sale money from my fathers plot of East Delhi in pioneer park apt. and plots in brahma city in sectors 61/62 in the year 2008/09 in pre launching stage and got fortune but still failed to understand why as of now markets of East Delhi is still 2/4 times higher then gurgaon even after 7 years considering gurgaon micro mkt. of gce road is more better relatively then South Delhi where i lived before my retirement.

Delhi is the capital of India. All its good locations are limited. Its supply are limited. So , its natural that good locations of Delhi will always be costlier than not just Gurgaon but costlier than most big cities of India.

"E.g. Vasant Vihar is same as it was 20 years ago. But supply has got limited over all these years. Its very good location. It will always be in demand for persons having affordability. Prices will keep growing in such location. "

Its my personal opinion. There might be other factors too.
    CommentQuote
  • NHAI speeds up land acquisition for Delhi part of Dwarka exp.
    Delhi gov has agreed to transfer land.
    Today news in HT
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Let's see what our Faridabad (Neherphar)expert has to say.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    NHAI speeds up land acquisition for Delhi part of Dwarka exp.
    Delhi gov has agreed to transfer land.
    Today news in HT

Delhi govt has not given the allotted rohini plots to allottees in 40 years how we can trust they can give land to nhai ?
    Moreover there is a big row going over land rates increase in delhi between the cm and the lt gov.

wait and see because I don't believe on any news which comes in these months of the year these are built up to the season of navratra and dewali .

enjoy and be happy with prints on paper :) while bankers builders babus brokers suck the money of innocent buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Today in toi
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote