A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Huda to hand over Dwarka e-way project to NHAI

Union highways and road transport minister Nitin Gadkari had given in-principal approval to convert Dwarka Expressway into a national highway, during the Happening Haryana summit in March.
    TNN | Jul 21, 2016, 10.30 AM IST

GURGAON: The Dwarka expressway project will be handed over to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), with the Centre giving 'national highway' status to the high-speed corridor.

Union highways and road transport minister Nitin Gadkari had given in-principal approval to convert Dwarka Expressway into a national highway, during the Happening Haryana summit in March.

Sources said a meeting was held recently between Huda and NHAI officials, where the urban development authority has promised to hand over the land on the Gurgaon side of the expressway to NHAI after resolving all the pending obstacles, mainly the rehabilitation of oustees, within the next four months.

"We are working to rehabilitate oustees at the earliest by allotting them alternative plots in sectors 110A and 37C. Issues related to acquisition of land in Sector 110A will also be resolved soon. The land owners of the sector have agreed for land pooling before the Punjab and Haryana high court," a senior Huda official told TOI on Wednesday.

The Dwarka Expressway, which was conceived over eight years ago, will cover a 27.9km stretch between Dwarka in Delhi and NH-8 in Gurgaon.

It will start from Shiv Murti on NH-8 in Delhi and end a kilometre before Kherki Daula on NH-8. Of its 27.9 km, 18km will be in Gurgaon.

But so far, Huda has managed to complete the construction on the 14.33km stretch only. The construction is held up in the remaining stretch on the Gurgaon side as the urban development authority has not been able to allot alternative plots to some 560 land owners at New Palam Vihar, Tekchand Nagar and Kerki Dhaula, who had been ousted.

A draw of lot to allot alternative plots to oustees was cancelled twice in absence of availability of land free from litigation.

The handover of the road to the NHAI is likely to help in early completion of the project and it will also benefit the real estate sector in that area. In the past eight years, more than 110 builders have launched over 150 projects in the area. Many people have already got the possession of their flats but they are facing problem of due to delay in completion of the expressway.

Pawan Mishra, one of the homebuyers along the under-construction Dwarka Expressway, said they doubt that Huda would be able to hand over the project to NHAI in four months' time.

"They are promising to settle the issues of oustees for the last one-and-a-half years, but nothing has changed on ground," he said.

Huda to hand over Dwarka e-way project to NHAI | ET RealEstate
    CommentQuote
  • Delhi sets up panel to speed up Dwarka e-way work

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway will start from Shiv Murti on NH-8 in Delhi and end a kilometre before Kherki Daula on NH-8.Of its 27.9 km, 18km will be in Gurgaon and 9.9km in Delhi.
    TNN | Jul 21, 2016, 08.35 AM IST

GURGAON: The Delhi government has appointed a panel to identify and acquire land for the Dwarka Expressway project, nearly two months after the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) had sought the same to complete construction on the Delhi side of the high-speed corridor, which has got the 'national highway' status.

Sources told TOI on Wednesday that a competent authority of land acquisition (CALA) has been constituted by the Delhi government and two additional district magistrates (ADMs) will be appointed to the committee later this week.

The six-lane Dwarka Expressway will start from Shiv Murti on NH-8 in Delhi and end a kilometre before Kherki Daula on NH-8. Of its 27.9 km, 18km will be in Gurgaon and 9.9km in Delhi. The route will need Delhi to acquire land in eight villages - Rangpuri, Samalkha, Nangal Dewat, Mahipalpur, Bharthal, Pochanpur, Bijwasan and Bamnoli. A majority of work in the Gurgaon section is already complete, barring New Palam Vihar and Kherki Daula.

"Once the officials are appointed to the CALA, we will ask for land and will help the panel to identify the villages from where the land is to be acquired for the project. The whole process should be over by September," said Ashok Sharma, project director, NHAI.

The Dwarka Expressway was planned to decongest traffic in Gurgaon by allowing traffic from Jaipur to skip Gurgaon expressway and head towards Dwarka and IGI Airport.

Delhi sets up panel to speed up Dwarka e-way work | ET RealEstate
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Delhi govt has not given the allotted rohini plots to allottees in 40 years how we can trust they can give land to nhai ?
    Moreover there is a big row going over land rates increase in delhi between the cm and the lt gov.

wait and see because I don't believe on any news which comes in these months of the year these are built up to the season of navratra and dewali .

enjoy and be happy with prints on paper :) while bankers builders babus brokers suck the money of innocent buyers.

ha ha ha!
    builder- banker-babu- bahu- broker-gangster- politician- sizzler- boxer- IREF nexus
    Whatever! whatever!!
    Darkness, Darkness everywhere!!
    We're beginning to like your posts dude! Everybody needs some entertainment when serious matter of NHAI acquiring DEW is being discussed!! You also can say things.
    We know we have to listen to you. After all, your's is the only sane voice here, no?
    CommentQuote
    Delhi govt has not given the allotted rohini plots to allottees in 40 years how we can trust they can give land to nhai ?
    Moreover there is a big row going over land rates increase in delhi between the cm and the lt gov.

wait and see because I don't believe on any news which comes in these months of the year these are built up to the season of navratra and dewali .

enjoy and be happy with prints on paper :) while bankers builders babus brokers suck the money of innocent buyers.

I am happy at last you add Brokers word in your nexus list. I don't know why it took you so long to realize.:D
    CommentQuote
  • 6 months and jan 2017 hopefully dw expressway be running road. Market is either lowest or stable in gurgaon in mostly micro areas.Due to proposed metro / increasing infrastructure and subdued supply with moving end users with a view of vicinity to airport/dwarka area where rates are higher and density is higher i am advising my brother to go for gurgaon area instead of dwarka of delhi where problem of congestion and water scracity will increase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by redwine_sing
    6 months and jan 2017 hopefully dw expressway be running road. Market is either lowest or stable in gurgaon in mostly micro areas.Due to metro / increasing infrastructure and subdued supply with moving end users with a view of vicinity to airport/dwarka area where rates are higher and density is higher i am advising my brother to go for gurgaon area instead of dwarka of delhi where problem of congestion and water scracity will increase.

The government agency responsible for building d eway says three years and you say six months wow man your exuberance is commendable.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    The government agency responsible for building d eway says three years and you say six months wow man your exuberance is commendable.

Cheers

Sir,
    humid peh duniya khaim hey (Hope my hindi spelling are right)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Sir,
    humid peh duniya khaim hey (Hope my hindi spelling are right)

Bhai ji
    Umeed ka matlab aakh par patti baandh kar sher ke maand mai nahi jaate ke sher nahi hoga waha.
    CommentQuote
    6 months and jan 2017 hopefully dw expressway be running road. Market is either lowest or stable in gurgaon in mostly micro areas.Due to proposed metro / increasing infrastructure and subdued supply with moving end users with a view of vicinity to airport/dwarka area where rates are higher and density is higher i am advising my brother to go for gurgaon area instead of dwarka of delhi where problem of congestion and water scracity will increase.

I am also hoping that atleast the ROB and connectivity to NH8 (100 mtrs) stretch is completed by year end. This itself will give huge relief to people and projects on Gurgaon side. However NPW and Delhi side still seem far away. It's disappointing that we are not hearing any news regarding the progress of DEW from authorities since last few months.
    CommentQuote
  • This is not starting road and only going towards ending remaining intermittent small portions of few km left due to DDA,Congress govt. corruption,HUDA and apathy of Delhi govt. and now it is only in hands of central govt. with well wisher Haryana CM e.g just like in KMP opened and finally SC/NGT directions dealing for environment/congestion betterment , with in future lot of funds to be available from foreign companies into Gurgaon ,it is now a focuss thing.
    Pl. see our performence in asian/commonwealth games by DDA /Central govt. in past as i am was into it. Moreover GURGAON is becoming first in power,IT,medical,defence,auto,entertainment,service sector, education,startups,cargo,solar,food ,museums ,malls ,night life 24/7 etc. I am hoping to see it compare relatively to USA,new york where rich class population is 2 crores ,tourists extra while touring here just now seeing increasing fortune with population settellment ascending from 20 lacs growing wthin 5 years upto 50 lacs may be relatively in the top micro areas of gurgaon where infrastructure is moving fast.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VibhorD
    I am also hoping that atleast the ROB and connectivity to NH8 (100 mtrs) stretch is completed by year end. This itself will give huge relief to people and projects on Gurgaon side. However NPW and Delhi side still seem far away. It's disappointing that we are not hearing any news regarding the progress of DEW from authorities since last few months.

We have some timelines here.

"Once the officials are appointed to the CALA, we will ask for land and will help the panel to identify the villages from where the land is to be acquired for the project. The whole process should be over by September," said Ashok Sharma, project director, NHAI.

Delhi sets up panel to speed up Dwarka e-way work http://realty.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/regulatory/delhi-sets-up-panel-to-speed-up-dwarka-e-way-work/53312387
    CommentQuote
    This is not starting road and only going towards ending remaining intermittent small portions of few km left due to DDA,Congress govt. corruption,HUDA and apathy of Delhi govt. and now it is only in hands of central govt. with well wisher Haryana CM e.g just like in KMP opened and finally SC/NGT directions dealing for environment/congestion betterment , with in future lot of funds to be available from foreign companies into Gurgaon ,it is now a focuss thing.
    Pl. see our performence in asian/commonwealth games by DDA /Central govt. in past as i am was into it. Moreover GURGAON is becoming first in power,IT,medical,defence,auto,entertainment,service sector, education,startups,cargo,solar,food ,museums ,malls ,night life 24/7 etc. I am hoping to see it compare relatively to USA,new york where rich class population is 2 crores ,tourists extra while touring here just now seeing increasing fortune with population settellment ascending from 20 lacs growing wthin 5 years upto 50 lacs may be relatively in the top micro areas of gurgaon where infrastructure is moving fast.

Ke bol ra hey bhai anrejee ta theek kar le fer do crore jan key baat kar bhai

Come and live in bangalore or pune for a while then you will see the true situation of gurgaon.
    Gurgaon job market is stagnating there is no growth as compared to bangalore and pune get some figures first.
    CommentQuote
  • It's official now: Delhi Govt has started a panel to identify and acquire land for Dwarka Expressway Project.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1024964910952142&substory_index=0&id=304477473000893
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I made a fortune investing my capital share in Gurgaon 3/4 times after selling my father property in East Delhi in 2008. Although for the last 3 years mkt. is saturated but as an investment of more then 1 lac crore is due in gurgaon within coming 5 years making it a Global City i hope to see investments break through after supply gap is shortened although i need nothing.

I have encountered so many contracters,dalals,property agents,suppliers,mafias ,bribers,middleman,engineers,lawyers,buisnessmen,crimnals ,IAS,IPS,journalists ,politicians ,stars,prositute and more like you being exposed in my saturated upright life in Delhi for the last 35 years in my engineering service and since retired and moved to my native birth place near lucknow doing NGO related activity in a mission for labourers,kisans and defence personnels , so these things are not to be understood or meant for you please. Sorry for your future.
    CommentQuote
    Ke bol ra hey bhai anrejee ta theek kar le fer do crore jan key baat kar bhai

Come and live in bangalore or pune for a while then you will see the true situation of gurgaon.
    Gurgaon job market is stagnating there is no growth as compared to bangalore and pune get some figures first.

That's true. I have not seen any noteworthy company entering Gurgaon in past 2 years. God knows where this new jobs will come from to fuel growth in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote