A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by seamless
    Everywhere there is news of jams and flooding, but only in metros, only in happening metros where there are lots of happening people who can afford cars. No such news of traffic jams in tier 3 cities or villages. (Yes, there may be unfortunate news of houses and shops drowning and such other unfortunate catastrophes in those tier 3 cities).
    So chill! ----And don't gloat over the small mercies of God to your abode! You know very well these things don't define the glam quotient and potentials of the Indian towns (at least the INDIAN towns!!)

Cheers!

If you want to justify that living in pathetic state of bad infrastructure is ok with you be my guest.
    Actually it's living there on the mercy of God not the small mercies of Him so please continue living in denial.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IPNoida
    Just for fun and eye opener...

Back in 1995...money used to double in 5years if you just do FD. Assuming he did FD of 5lakh then...what will be it's value now? It's a small riddle but eye opener :)

PS: FD rates don't change but you get interest of rate at time of starting FD.

I wasted some time on this :)
    It appears an FD that gives 13% PA will be needed. But having said that 1995-2000 was probably a huge downturn for property so these returns are exceptional, not to be expected in every period.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thenewbie
    I wasted some time on this :)
    It appears an FD that gives 13% PA will be needed. But having said that 1995-2000 was probably a huge downturn for property so these returns are exceptional, not to be expected in every period.

A question for the seniors. Do you think that real estate will be able to give above FD returns over the next 15 years?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VibhorD
    A question for the seniors. Do you think that real estate will be able to give above FD returns over the next 15 years?

You cannot have fd booked today for 15 years.
    Interest rates are on the downtrend I expect interest rates to be around 5% in 15%
    Real estate normally copes up and mostly outperforms inflation which I expect to be around 6% so if you calculate CAGR real estate would be outperformer but there is a catch the psf rates would be higher but there might not be a buyer of a 1200 sq ft two bhk flat in 15 years because then two bhk would in 600 sq ft or so.
    In a nutshell if you are investing in real estate don't keep it for more than ten years ever because the productivity of that will go down.
    For example there are not many buyers for old model town Delhi or sushant lok flats in gurgaon because the productivity of these flats are low compared to present two bhk made in 800 sq ft carpet area ofcourse exception would be there like new Delhi bungalows where status matter price does not.
    In the larger context if someone wants to make money in real estate he should be looking at plots rather than flats.

Bottomline yes real estate will out perform fd returns over next 15 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Good analysis, rohit_warren;
    CommentQuote
  • Draw for evictees of NPR

I just got some update from one of my friends. He is participating in the draw on Sunday. As per his information, an application was moved in the High Court on July 27. However, the application was not entertained by the High Court. Therefore, the application was withdrawn. So now the evictees can not even go to the Supreme Court. The issue is that the Power of Attorneys before Suraj Lamp Judgment can be recognised. However, they have to be Registered Power of Attorneys. However, in this case, majority of the Power of Attorney holders have unregistered Power of Attorneys. Therefore, legally, they may not be entitled to relief even though they are the legitimate buyers of the land. This evening, Rishi Raj Rana was having a meeting with the HUDA administrator. Do not know what the outcome was. All the HUDA staff will be coming to the office tomorrow to give final touches to the draw to be held on July31. HUDA may be putting the list online today or tomorrow. It appears that the unregistered Power of Attorney holders have been royally screwed by the unholy nexus of corrupt administration, builders and lawyers. Rishi Raj Rana may end up being a dumbass which is what he is.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1
    I just got some update from one of my friends. He is participating in the draw on Sunday. As per his information, an application was moved in the High Court on July 27. However, the application was not entertained by the High Court. Therefore, the application was withdrawn. So now the evictees can not even go to the Supreme Court. The issue is that the Power of Attorneys before Suraj Lamp Judgment can be recognised. However, they have to be Registered Power of Attorneys. However, in this case, majority of the Power of Attorney holders have unregistered Power of Attorneys. Therefore, legally, they may not be entitled to relief even though they are the legitimate buyers of the land. This evening, Rishi Raj Rana was having a meeting with the HUDA administrator. Do not know what the outcome was. All the HUDA staff will be coming to the office tomorrow to give final touches to the draw to be held on July31. HUDA may be putting the list online today or tomorrow. It appears that the unregistered Power of Attorney holders have been royally screwed by the unholy nexus of corrupt administration, builders and lawyers. Rishi Raj Rana may end up being a dumbass which is what he is.

Quick practical rationale decisions will help save agonies and hard earned money of common people . Further delay will only be borne by common people , others will continue to mint . I hope our judiciary realise this unless they see themselves as stake holders out here .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VibhorD

Yes. Most certainly. Because real estate works in time cycles and 15 years mean there is scope at least 2-3 cycles. One good cycle is sufficient for getting good gains.
    CommentQuote
  • Huda firm, few Dwarka e-way oustees to get alternative plots

TNN | Jul 29, 2016, 06.19 AM IST
    Gurgaon: In a shock move, Huda administrator Yashpal Yadav on Thursday passed a spoken order rejecting the claims for alternative plots of most Dwarka Expressway oustees living in New Palam Vihar, on the grounds they do not have registry of plots they are about to be ousted from.

As a result, only around 50 of 560 oustees will be eligible for alternative plots, to be allotted by Huda's lucky draw on July 31. Most oustees had bought their land from original allotees via general power of attorney (GPA) or special power of attorney (SPA), in place of registration.

New Palam Vihar residents, who account for around 450 of the 560 oustees, cried foul and alleged Huda of cheating, using a spoken order that they alleged violates terms and conditions agreed between them and Huda in 2015, in an out-of-court settlement on the direction of Punjab and Haryana high court.

They protested at the Sector 14 Huda office, shouting slogans against the administrator. "First, Huda agreed to give us all plots, including those with GPA and SPA. Now, they're rejecting our claims," said Ram Avtar. Many protesters, including women, were seen sobbing after they heard their claim had been rejected.

Protest leader Rishi Raj Rana said they'll meet senior state officials with their petition. "A year after our settlement, Huda is going back on its promise. People with GPAs and SPAs were supposed to get alternate plots," said Rana.

Justifying the decision, Yadav said, "In its decision on the Suraj Lamps case, the SC decided not to recognise ownership via GPA/SPA. Both Land Acquisition Act and Haryana's 2010 R&R policy recognise ownership on the basis of revenue records, and that too, at the time of notification for acquisition"

He added, "The lucky draw was cancelled twice due to pressure from this group."
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by coolguy65
    Just a thought.

Can we start a twitter handle like #DwarkaexpressforJAMFREEGURGAON to push our agenda ?

More experienced people can contribute to this thought.

Few hashtags are already in use for eg. #DwarkaExpressway #DwarkaExpresswayBanao ##EndLessWait4NPR

The hashtag you mentioned is also catchy and apt for the situation to catch eyes and convert message in one go.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been saying it for a very long time now. Most of the NPV litigants are fighting a wasteful litigation, to their own detriment. No court would allow an unregistered GPA/ SPA holder to be entitled to rights equal to a registered land owner. The only way to get relief for them was with the help of political leadership, which their leader sabotaged anyway, because an early resolution of dispute could adversely impact his political career.

I strongly suggest the unregistered GPA/ SPA holders to speak with political leadership to get a resolution. Don't be under an illusion, and don't keep thinking you can change the basic law of the land.

While I empathize with them as they would eventually end up losing their land, the blame goes to their leader who showed them the moon and thus made a lucrative political career for himself.
    CommentQuote
  • raumybhan-Sir, They are able to dragged this issue for eight years.
    CommentQuote
  • Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday faced the ire of the people during a non-live question session on Twitter as he grappled with questions ranging from traffic jams and water-logging in Gurgaon to the lack of action against builders and prolonged delay in the completion of Dwarka Expressway.

Read more at:

Khattar faces residents
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1

On absence of list from HUDA case couldnt entertained, it would get listed whenever published by HUDA and hearing begin. Regardless registered or unregistered these title were accepted via affaidavit by ASG Haryana and contrmpt of court would also filled as per information I am getting.

And the petition filled to stay the draw, not for contempt of court and breaching the settlement terms hence it doesnt make any difference.

Further, if no case filled by anyone than according to settlement term approved through verdict than HUDA never ever able to vacate the houses since only and only after fulfilling the first clause next clause would implementable. This would much worst scenario hence legal battle till Supreme.court in interest of all despite it took next 4-5 years

All above are reliable information I am getting.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ultichakri
    On absence of list from HUDA case couldnt entertained, it would get listed whenever published by HUDA and hearing begin. Regardless registered or unregistered these title were accepted via affaidavit by ASG Haryana and contrmpt of court would also filled as per information I am getting.

And the petition filled to stay the draw, not for contempt of court and breaching the settlement terms hence it doesnt make any difference.

Further, if no case filled by anyone than according to settlement term approved through verdict than HUDA never ever able to vacate the houses since only and only after fulfilling the first clause next clause would implementable. This would much worst scenario hence legal battle till Supreme.court in interest of all despite it took next 4-5 years

All above are reliable information I am getting.

Where is the reliable information? It is a one sided account only.

Courts are used to rejecting frivolous applications from busy-body litigants. Rather than going to High court and asking it to issue an order contrary to Supreme Court's decision, better approach Khattar and Modi ji for a settlement.
    CommentQuote