A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19990 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by loki108
    I agree with you raumybhan. I am a newbie in this group but can clearly see who is aligned with these illegal NPV litigants. Though I am dissapointed that HUDA may end up dragging it further but would be glad to see unregistered and illegal litigants walking away with nothing. I support HUDA's stance given new court ruling of not considering such applications.

What i heard before on this forum was that NPV is an unauthorized colony. So how come there are both legal and illegal litigants in this case?
    CommentQuote
  • The attendance at draw does not indicate the success/failure of the draw. In fact only few witnesses are required but it does reflect the interest of outs-tees. The 109 outstees cannot show interest publicly as majority of those who have struggled alongwith them are left behind. Hope that the problem of remaining persons will be resolved in next few days, so that development process starts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ultichakri
    My information never went to wrong and those are shouting here that draw was successful must knew that 109 out of 114 as per list, submit the legal notice to HA on spot that they dont recognize the draw and contempt of court verdict and settlement terms.

As I always prove correct at last this time also all get this information may after sometime later.

I think you got wrong information. 109 got allotted plot in sec 110a through Draw.
    Don't get angry and live the ground. All this year you were right and now in end truth always win.Come on you are big boy
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VibhorD
    What i heard before on this forum was that NPV is an unauthorized colony. So how come there are both legal and illegal litigants in this case?

It seems to be an unauthorised for Residential use but land is owned by individuals. Some are genuine owners with legal records others are just GPA holders as sale purchases was not allowed. They took the risk for windfall profits or may be unaware at the time of purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    It seems to be an unauthorised for Residential use but land is owned by individuals. Some are genuine owners with legal records others are just GPA holders as sale purchases was not allowed. They took the risk for windfall profits or may be unaware at the time of purchase.

Might be but in my opinion anyone purchasing property on GPA must be well aware of the facts and the risk behind buying such property.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by researching
    Might be but in my opinion anyone purchasing property on GPA must be well aware of the facts and the risk behind buying such property.

Yes they are and they are also aware that every old unauthorised colony all over India gets regularised if huda demolishes those 500 houses without consent of the occupants it will send a message to everyone that they give a damn to votes and it will pave way to many demolition across Haryana and if that happens I would be the happiest person as there are major infra projects which are stuck near palwal because of squatters and illicit / unauthorised colonies.
    CommentQuote
  • HUDA officials committed to making NPR. Some GPA holder/s had gone to court earlier on 27th and their application rejected.
    CommentQuote
  • I guess some people don't want to understand the basic meaning of term GPA i.e. General Power of Attorney. General Power of Attorney can never be equal to sale deed . That is the basic proposition of law. GPA is just a power to manage a property given by original owner. Once original owner/execution of GPA dies , said GPA becomes nullity. GPA has lifeline only till the time the executor of same is alive unlike sale deed which has infinite life line unless same is sold further to some other purchaser.

This whole episode is a lesson for everyone that purchasing through GPA mode is actually no purchase and chances of huge losses in such transactions are really high.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok1984
    I guess some people don't want to understand the basic meaning of term GPA i.e. General Power of Attorney. General Power of Attorney can never be equal to sale deed . That is the basic proposition of law. GPA is just a power to manage a property given by original owner. Once original owner/execution of GPA dies , said GPA becomes nullity. GPA has lifeline only till the time the executor of same is alive unlike sale deed which has infinite life line unless same is sold further to some other purchaser.

This whole episode is a lesson for everyone that purchasing through GPA mode is actually no purchase and chances of huge losses in such transactions are really high.

Legally you are correct but generally a will is also taken alongwith GPA. But it can not be put at par with Sale deed. Further, the GPA in these cases do not have any value till sale is banned. If Sale deed registration is allowed, then they may use the GPA for registering the property in someones name. But it will cost Stamp duly and Income tax liability also.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    Legally you are correct but generally a will is also taken alongwith GPA. But it can not be put at par with Sale deed. Further, the GPA in these cases do not have any value till sale is banned. If Sale deed registration is allowed, then they may use the GPA for registering the property in someones name. But it will cost Stamp duly and Income tax liability also.

You are right, but such GPA Holders never tried to derive benefit of those GPA and they could have got registered sale deeds in favour of their nominee/sons/wife etc. However, nothing of this sort was done in most cases. So, such GPA holders took a chance by saving stamp duty and income tax liability and here we are today.

Moreover, so far as Will is concerned, a person can make and get registered his/her Will infinite number of times before he/her dies. Last Will prevails over all earlier Wills. So, in presence case, Will do get executed in many transactions but it has no authenticity given the fact that the executor has the legal cushion to register his/her fresh Will after another 15 days.
    CommentQuote
  • You are a big boy - WRONG. You are a big loser - RIGHT
    Long Live Khalsa !!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Now it appears the gridlocks and gags are here to stay, for at least three more years. That's how long the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will take to complete the much-awaited 18km Dwarka Expressway, or Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), connecting Kherki Daula area in the Millennium City to Dwarka in Delhi, which is expected to considerably ease traffic congestion in the region.

Read more at:

No respite for commuters for 3 more years, construction of Dwarka Expressway further delayed : Mail Today, News - India Today

A wait of three years!
    CommentQuote
  • If it is completed within 3 years, you should feel lucky. NHAI is saying IF everything goes as per plan. In India nothing ever go as per plan!
    CommentQuote
  • I think this time horizon for completion of delhi side of dew also got increased mainly because development plan of dew got changed, which is now to start from shiv murti on nh-8 instead of sector 21 or 24 in dwarka, as planned earlier. Though new plan would consume more time to implement, but its nice in longer run.
    CommentQuote
  • One idea struck my mind, just sharing that with you. :) :)

We have railway line parallel to DEW. Why this land can't be used for DEW..? It is available at zero cost. Thousands of crores are being spent on acquiring the new land for DEW. This money can be used to make double/triple story construction on railway land. two stories can be used for road, and one story for railway. With modern engineering it is very much possible.

Just think...
    CommentQuote