A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19775 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    Legally you are correct but generally a will is also taken alongwith GPA. But it can not be put at par with Sale deed. Further, the GPA in these cases do not have any value till sale is banned. If Sale deed registration is allowed, then they may use the GPA for registering the property in someones name. But it will cost Stamp duly and Income tax liability also.

You are right, but such GPA Holders never tried to derive benefit of those GPA and they could have got registered sale deeds in favour of their nominee/sons/wife etc. However, nothing of this sort was done in most cases. So, such GPA holders took a chance by saving stamp duty and income tax liability and here we are today.

Moreover, so far as Will is concerned, a person can make and get registered his/her Will infinite number of times before he/her dies. Last Will prevails over all earlier Wills. So, in presence case, Will do get executed in many transactions but it has no authenticity given the fact that the executor has the legal cushion to register his/her fresh Will after another 15 days.
    CommentQuote
  • You are a big boy - WRONG. You are a big loser - RIGHT
    Long Live Khalsa !!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Now it appears the gridlocks and gags are here to stay, for at least three more years. That's how long the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will take to complete the much-awaited 18km Dwarka Expressway, or Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), connecting Kherki Daula area in the Millennium City to Dwarka in Delhi, which is expected to considerably ease traffic congestion in the region.

Read more at:

No respite for commuters for 3 more years, construction of Dwarka Expressway further delayed : Mail Today, News - India Today

A wait of three years!
    CommentQuote
  • If it is completed within 3 years, you should feel lucky. NHAI is saying IF everything goes as per plan. In India nothing ever go as per plan!
    CommentQuote
  • I think this time horizon for completion of delhi side of dew also got increased mainly because development plan of dew got changed, which is now to start from shiv murti on nh-8 instead of sector 21 or 24 in dwarka, as planned earlier. Though new plan would consume more time to implement, but its nice in longer run.
    CommentQuote
  • One idea struck my mind, just sharing that with you. :) :)

We have railway line parallel to DEW. Why this land can't be used for DEW..? It is available at zero cost. Thousands of crores are being spent on acquiring the new land for DEW. This money can be used to make double/triple story construction on railway land. two stories can be used for road, and one story for railway. With modern engineering it is very much possible.

Just think...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by naresh_kumar
    One idea struck my mind, just sharing that with you. :) :)

We have railway line parallel to DEW. Why this land can't be used for DEW..? It is available at zero cost. Thousands of crores are being spent on acquiring the new land for DEW. This money can be used to make double/triple story construction on railway land. two stories can be used for road, and one story for railway. With modern engineering it is very much possible.

Just think...

Not a bad idea. But execution will consumer more time specially because this railway track is damn busy one. However, idea can be discussed , for sure. Alternatively, one good underpass beneath the litigation land is also a possibility worth considering. In many cities, long underpasses are now reality.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by boomer
    Land acquisition for last 5 sectors of Dwarka is in litigation for the last 10-15 years.
    Sector 24-29 MASTER planning can be seen on Map.
    I don't know what people thought investing into DEX,when the 5 sectors connecting Dwarka with NPV don't exist

Bijwasan-Kapashera route to NH-8 will collapse so fast under traffic pressure that it won't be funny. There are so many villages and farm houses there that you have 0% chance of widening.There is a lot of commercial traffic already from Trucks there.

Puri Diplomatic Greens might be ready for possession this year. Watch the rent it fetches in the market as it is on the non disputed side of NPR.

I think we need some corrections here.
    1) This is true that there is no development for last 8-10 years in sector 24-29 in Dwarka, reason being Sandeep Dixit was completely focused in East Delhi. And picture is now different there.
    2) Sector 24-29 are now a prime and most valuable land in Delhi being close to Airport.
    3) it is true that extended portion of NH8A comes under 5-6 villages like Mahipalpur (actually not), Rangpuri, Kapashera, Bharthal, dhoolsiras, Bamnoli, Bijwasan etc. But under 6km, Rangpuri to Bharthal only small portion of land required like for slip roads and flyovers. 3+3&2+2 with service lane, road is already operational.
    4) 1.5 Km land is already acquired near Bharthal.
    5) Bijwasan Kapashera road (UER I) doesn't come in the picture w.r.t. NH8A but will be an important traffic puller road intersecting NH8A.
    6) The main land to be acquired is the farm houses between Bharthal and Gurgaon border. Where there is already 3-4 different plan are on the table. However not an easy task to resolve.
    This may be the last stretch of the Ex way to be built.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • http://uttipec.nic.in/writereaddata/mainlinkFile/File332.pdf

http://uttipec.nic.in/writereaddata/mainlinkFile/File389.pdf

These are worth a read for all the people who think that no planning or approval has been done for this road!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BRapria
    I think we need some corrections here.
    1) This is true that there is no development for last 8-10 years in sector 24-29 in Dwarka, reason being Sandeep Dixit was completely focused in East Delhi. And picture is now different there.
    2) Sector 24-29 are now a prime and most valuable land in Delhi being close to Airport.
    3) it is true that extended portion of NH8A comes under 5-6 villages like Mahipalpur (actually not), Rangpuri, Kapashera, Bharthal, dhoolsiras, Bamnoli, Bijwasan etc. But under 6km, Rangpuri to Bharthal only small portion of land required like for slip roads and flyovers. 3+3&2+2 with service lane, road is already operational.
    4) 1.5 Km land is already acquired near Bharthal.
    5) Bijwasan Kapashera road (UER I) doesn't come in the picture w.r.t. NH8A but will be an important traffic puller road intersecting NH8A.
    6) The main land to be acquired is the farm houses between Bharthal and Gurgaon border. Where there is already 3-4 different plan are on the table. However not an easy task to resolve.
    This may be the last stretch of the Ex way to be built.

Thanks

I believe that acquiring land between bharthal and gurgaon border might not be that difficult considering the fact that majority of land there is agricultural land belonging mostly to effluent class so question of alternative plots also do not arise in such scenario. Things would have been really difficult if this portion would also have some colony carved out there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NEWVISION
    It seems to be an unauthorised for Residential use but land is owned by individuals. Some are genuine owners with legal records others are just GPA holders as sale purchases was not allowed. They took the risk for windfall profits or may be unaware at the time of purchase.

Unfortunately most of the followers in this thread or IREF belongs to corporate houses and those not belong to corporate houses are might be like of UltiChakri and always comes with bitter truth. And we corporators keep flying many times and think everybody is flying. this is not the truth.
    I shared couple of times earlier NPV came first or DEW, in my knowledge NPV (since 2002 or earlier). This is different matter it is legal or illegal. I myself is an investor on DEW but it doesn't mean we ignore the truth. In general terms Delhites keep saying "aadhi dilli unauthorized colonies me basti hai" and what do you mean by unauthorized ..... it is GPA and there is no government who can demolish these colonies. Houses those being demolished are built on government/gram sabha land or on already acquired land where the original owner of the land has been compensated for that land. Someone said in one of the post that Rangpuri and mahipalpur houses were demolished in past. For your information all those were built on govt/ gram sabha land.
    Many of you may have enjoyed watching movies in Priya Vasant vihar. You must have driven towards Munirka village and just 100 meter from Priya there is a prime corner with lots of juggis with nice electrical poles and DTH dishes. All they have the electricity connections, rashan cards, telephone connections etc. If government doesn't have courage to demolish those juggis how they can demolish the houses those are been bought.
    Another example, this fool government has spent 200 crores of rupees on Dabri pankharoad (Janakpuri) bridges but they can't demolish a single house which is defeating the whole purpose of the 200 crore infrastructure. I know the uncle who is the owner of the house. The problem is he is the only person who has the legal documents of the house. So how it is possible for him to go away leaving everything. But it is the government who should understand the situation and provide him alternative plot. He politely said I know there are lacs who are abusing me day and night but the only option I had to move the court and get something. He is not greedy but he is fighting for his rights.
    The only problem is the government/babus and its rules. They keep allowing the construction and at last came for demolition. We need the road and house owners need the houses.
    and should get it.....
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok1984
    I believe that acquiring land between bharthal and gurgaon border might not be that difficult considering the fact that majority of land there is agricultural land belonging mostly to effluent class so question of alternative plots also do not arise in such scenario. Things would have been really difficult if this portion would also have some colony carved out there.

You are right sir, they no need alternative plots but they have the power to influence the judges till the top.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
    You are right sir, they no need alternative plots but they have the power to influence the judges till the top.

Thanks.

That is where NHAI comes into picture. It was to take care of Delhi side acquisition issues that NH status has been accorded to NPR. Acquisition has two parts. First the will of the state. Second the provisions of the relevant Act under which the land is to acquired. Earlier most of the projects were stuck because of the second issue. The National Highway Authority Act will take care of the second part. The govt can take possession of the land after making payment of the compensation. Therefore, the land owners can to go the court only relating to the amount of compensation. They will not be able to challenge the acquisition based on purpose of the land. Judiciary does not have much of a say in this issue.
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road) / Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon - Updates

As per news in HT the CM has directed the civic agencies to ensure that NPR is completed by Dec'16

Khattar wants report on Gurgaon rain mess in a week
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/gurgaon/khattar-wants-report-on-gurgaon-rain-mess-in-a-week/story-7xIiLQYVE89vAa4QRN0EGJ.html
    CommentQuote

Thanks.

If such landowners are influential or have any such powers, still they can at the most try to change the alignment of road. But that can also be done only at the initial administrative level only, which is not possible now considering that dew plan proposed by NHAI is almost final. Bottom line is that, acquisition can be tried to be delayed but can never be stalled by any one, howsoever influential he or she may be.
    CommentQuote