A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19762 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Actually the question is HOW not IF or WHEN.
    I have all those examples where bottomline had been stripping people who are settled for decades from their home the fine prints comes later.
    Driving people out of their homes is considered inhuman so if human rights commission steps in I won't be surprised.
    The only solution is is to realign which these people will eventually do.
    That is the part of Haryana now come to Delhi part I have written so many times that Mr kejriwal will not let land acquisition happen.


    If 50-70K owners of the apartments on DEW who have bought legal properties, surround the area that has been illegally occupied and not let anyone to pass through....then what will happen. The patience of all the owners of legal projects in that area might run out one day then do you think 300-400 will be able to stop them!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren


    This picture is of dange chowk in pune please have a look at the structure at the left something lokend... Despite being most busy square government has not been able to acquire that small piece of property for the road and it stands tall in midst of the traffic creating jams.
    I have posted this photo to show how difficult it can be to acquire land by government for road.


    I fail to understand your agenda Mr Warren. I am sure there must be many pictures showing places where government has been able to acquire land and build roads. I never see you post any.

    Why do you want to spread despair? Or you want to just prove your point that nothing good will ever happen in this country or in the lives of those who dared to invest in DEW.

    ''Muddai lakh bura chahe to kya hota hai, vahi hota hai jo manzoore khuda hota ha''
    CommentQuote
  • I have just one concern with Dwarka Expressway. In fact the concern is not with Dwarka Expressway but with Town Planners.

    CONNECTIVITY WITH GURGAON. - Lakhs of people will stay on Dwarka Expressway but how will they commute to Office Areas In Cyber City, Udyog Vihar, Infocity, Sec 44 Etc. There is no connectivity from all these new sector on expressway to existing Gurgaon..

    Available option - Bajgerha Road - Traffic is a mess and will be more in future also further connectivity with Palam Vihar udyog Vihar road is also jammed in peak hours

    Railway Road - You will be stuck in Jam to reach flyover and you will stuck in jam after the flyover

    Basai Road - JAMMED IN PEAK HOURS

    I am sure Expressway will be ready in 2-3 years but there is no six or eight lane road which connects residents to existing Gurgaon Office hotspot, Either you have to go in small muddy village roads or you have to go all the way to Manesar toll and and come back to GGN or Go to Dwarka and come back to GGN via NH8.

    Think about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manujmohla
    I have just one concern with Dwarka Expressway. In fact the concern is not with Dwarka Expressway but with Town Planners.

    CONNECTIVITY WITH GURGAON. - Lakhs of people will stay on Dwarka Expressway but how will they commute to Office Areas In Cyber City, Udyog Vihar, Infocity, Sec 44 Etc. There is no connectivity from all these new sector on expressway to existing Gurgaon..

    Available option - Bajgerha Road - Traffic is a mess and will be more in future also further connectivity with Palam Vihar udyog Vihar road is also jammed in peak hours

    Railway Road - You will be stuck in Jam to reach flyover and you will stuck in jam after the flyover

    Basai Road - JAMMED IN PEAK HOURS

    I am sure Expressway will be ready in 2-3 years but there is no six or eight lane road which connects residents to existing Gurgaon Office hotspot, Either you have to go in small muddy village roads or you have to go all the way to Manesar toll and and come back to GGN or Go to Dwarka and come back to GGN via NH8.

    Think about it.

    Please read the previous posts in which it is mentioned that now the project is handled by Nhai and now the NPR end at shivmurti at NH8.
    For which sperate land acquisition will be done and with this peeview NHAI demands 3 more years to complete the project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Avaneesh
    Please read the previous posts in which it is mentioned that now the project is handled by Nhai and now the NPR end at shivmurti at NH8.
    For which sperate land acquisition will be done and with this peeview NHAI demands 3 more years to complete the project.


    i think you have not read my comment.

    Imagine you are staying in Adani Grand or Indiabulls and Dwarka Expressway is ready. What route you will take to reach to your office at cyber city.... Will you take railway road flyover stuck in jams and reach Cyber city or you will go till shiv murthi and come back to GGN or go till Manesar and come back to GGN.

    Authorities should make roads connecting new sectors with Cyber CIty.. Udyog Vihar... Hero Honda Chowk etc... As maximum people will work in these locations.

    I am not saying about dwarka expressway and when will it be ready. I am sure it will be ready in 2-3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manujmohla
    I have just one concern with Dwarka Expressway. In fact the concern is not with Dwarka Expressway but with Town Planners.

    CONNECTIVITY WITH GURGAON. - Lakhs of people will stay on Dwarka Expressway but how will they commute to Office Areas In Cyber City, Udyog Vihar, Infocity, Sec 44 Etc. There is no connectivity from all these new sector on expressway to existing Gurgaon..

    Available option - Bajgerha Road - Traffic is a mess and will be more in future also further connectivity with Palam Vihar udyog Vihar road is also jammed in peak hours

    Railway Road - You will be stuck in Jam to reach flyover and you will stuck in jam after the flyover

    Basai Road - JAMMED IN PEAK HOURS

    I am sure Expressway will be ready in 2-3 years but there is no six or eight lane road which connects residents to existing Gurgaon Office hotspot, Either you have to go in small muddy village roads or you have to go all the way to Manesar toll and and come back to GGN or Go to Dwarka and come back to GGN via NH8.

    Think about it.


    Brother, Naa nau mann tel hoga, naa radha nachegi. You must have heard of this hindi saying no? residential properties rates near the office areas mentioned by you are above rocket high beyond the pocket of normal middle class people. So what do i one do to get roof above the head? Naturally , he/she has to go for locations within his budget only. There is also possibility that few years after becoming operational, good companies might have their addresses in commercial properties on dew too. So , that might help situation to some bit. Bottom line is that every one wants a home within his/her budget. That's it and which is fair.
    CommentQuote
  • The government can rope in builders on DEW for solving the problem. One solution can be the grant of right to develop additional area to builders in lieu of the surrender of houses/land of GPA holders. The builders can give unsold flats to such GPA holders+some payment and get the GPA in their favour and surrender the same to Govt in exchange of development rights. The Government has already decided to allowed more covered area along the expressway. The builders may also accept the offer as otherwise, they will have to pay compensation for delay in construction as per new law. This will ensure fast shifting of the NPV residents and completion of road.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually, my friend rohit warren is a weird case really. When padmini factory was razed down & removed from the dew route few months back then same was never referred by him. When land of Village Shahbad Mohammadpur and of Village Mahipalpur was acquired for public purpose i.e. for expansion of Delhi airport, he did not refer to same, ever. When land of several villages were acquired for establishment of IMT Manesar, he never bothered to that.

    But without understanding facts & circumstances of a particular case, he downloaded one random pic of a crossing in pune from google and started posting his assumptions & presumptions.

    Absolutely irresponsible behaviour. Neem haqeem khatra ae jaan. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by namitasharma
    Needless of what you say I feel that the draw held by HUDA amidst the protests clearly indicates that now the time has come. Come whatever may, dwarka expressway is going to see the dawn of day. It is the interest of not only the illegal settlers and the helpless investors of DEW but also in the interest of nation as a whole.

    I strongly feel that infrastructure development and betterment is the need of the hour this is the only way nation can progress and we can maintain the reputation of Gurugram and nation as a whole. I don’t think any citizen of this country who is worthy of its salt should oppose the development of the nation.

    None should be rendered homeless. If outees have a right to home, even people who are waiting for their house in DEW have human rights. Even they are under the double burden of EMI and rent.

    If in illegal vs legal, always illegal have won, then I am sorry the time has come to set some new examples for our generations to follow.


    Totally Agree !! Except one namak-haram citizen :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok1984
    Actually, my friend rohit warren is a weird case really. When padmini factory was razed down & removed from the dew route few months back then same was never referred by him. When land of Village Shahbad Mohammadpur and of Village Mahipalpur was acquired for public purpose i.e. for expansion of Delhi airport, he did not refer to same, ever. When land of several villages were acquired for establishment of IMT Manesar, he never bothered to that.

    But without understanding facts & circumstances of a particular case, he downloaded one random pic of a crossing in pune from google and started posting his assumptions & presumptions.

    Absolutely irresponsible behaviour. Neem haqeem khatra ae jaan. :D

    Ok give me one instance where 100s of houses were demolished to make way for road.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Ok give me one instance where 100s of houses were demolished to make way for road.


    That is what I am saying. There has to be a first for everything. Times are changing so stop telling us that this road will never be completed. Just tell us if u can whenever there are some actual facts about this road on paper. We do realize that there are problems but don't say there is no hope.

    “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.”
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Ok give me one instance where 100s of houses were demolished to make way for road.


    Demolition Drive: HUDA begins road construction, hundreds left homeless | The Indian Express

    350 houses were demolished by HUDA to make way for road.

    Don't write ant-shunt, OK!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raumybhan
    Demolition Drive: HUDA begins road construction, hundreds left homeless | The Indian Express

    350 houses were demolished by HUDA to make way for road.

    Don't write ant-shunt, OK!

    For the next three years we have been trying to reach a consensus with them and have offered to rehabilitate them. Ashiana flats in Sector 47 was offered to them for rehabilitation, but they denied it,” the EO said

    Read the in between lines first.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    For the next three years we have been trying to reach a consensus with them and have offered to rehabilitate them. Ashiana flats in Sector 47 was offered to them for rehabilitation, but they denied it,” the EO said

    Read the in between lines first.


    Were not NPV litigants offered alternatives for a long time....have they accepted the alternatives offered earlier ? No they didn't.

    Their greed knows no bounds, just like your bs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raumybhan
    Were not NPV litigants offered alternatives for a long time....have they accepted the alternatives offered earlier ? No they didn't.

    Their greed knows no bounds, just like your bs.

    Till now your rant has proved bs rather than mine last year too you guys were gaga about high court guidelines nothing happened and now same thing has begun.
    Wait and see
    CommentQuote