A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19763 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Till now your rant has proved bs rather than mine last year too you guys were gaga about high court guidelines nothing happened and now same thing has begun.
    Wait and see


    Rohit you are right these fellows are all brokers and are creating this rant to sell unscrupulous real estate properties to some gullible (but now intelligent!!) buyers like you, in the name of DEW. You must write always irritating facts(?) about DEW to teach them your long held belief--- that one-" builder, buyer-broker-banker-tanker-politicker-biker nexus. I am sure you must have already converted many DEW guys into Neharpar guys, haven't you!
    Good going dude, Keep it up!!
    Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by seamless
    Rohit you are right these fellows are all brokers and are creating this rant to sell unscrupulous real estate properties to some gullible (but now intelligent!!) buyers like you, in the name of DEW. You must write always irritating facts(?) about DEW to teach them your long held belief--- that one-" builder, buyer-broker-banker-tanker-politicker-biker nexus. I am sure you must have already converted many DEW guys into Neharpar guys, haven't you!
    Good going dude, Keep it up!!
    Cheers!


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA......:D:D
    WELL SAID " builder, buyer-broker-banker-tanker-politicker-biker nexus...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    For the next three years we have been trying to reach a consensus with them and have offered to rehabilitate them. Ashiana flats in Sector 47 was offered to them for rehabilitation, but they denied it,” the EO said

    Read the in between lines first.


    Yes, the article says that HUDA tried to relocate the displaced people but it also clearly mentions that it had the guts to demolish 350 houses:

    "Like her, hundreds of residents of Fatehpur Jharsa have to start their lives afresh after the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) razed the entire village of over 350 houses in a demolition drive on Friday."
    CommentQuote
  • The news is of May 2015!
    I wish I am wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ppgupta
    The news is of May 2015!
    I wish I am wrong.

    No you are right in may 2015 those jhuggies were demolished which the article claims as houses.
    The point there was that government was giving free flats to squatters however here we must understand that high court has already intervened so it will take long time to resolve.
    I am still wondering if there could be any other alternative solution to the issue other than realignment of the road.
    Let's wait and watch.
    CommentQuote
  • Places like Tata gateway will be a great investment in years to come
    10k bsp makes it way more expensive then Raisana Residency in GCX.
    It's in a village and even neharpar projects are further away from villages then NPR.
    On the plus side it's got a great road infront of it like a landing strip. It goes nowhere on either side but can always land a small plane there incase villages traffic too much.

    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    CommentQuote
  • I'm looking for the few people, who started protests for DEW(there were a few corporate types, one media wala, a few brokers), what happened? Checking this page after a while may be 8 months (got possession so drifted away). Rest all looks the same, only thing was those few who went to jantar mantar and then magicbricks said they got DEW completed and nothing, what is the story anyone please.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ghanshayam
    I'm looking for the few people, who started protests for DEW(there were a few corporate types, one media wala, a few brokers), what happened? Checking this page after a while may be 8 months (got possession so drifted away). Rest all looks the same, only thing was those few who went to jantar mantar and then magicbricks said they got DEW completed and nothing, what is the story anyone please.


    Sir,where you saw few brokers and media wala.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ghanshayam
    I'm looking for the few people, who started protests for DEW(there were a few corporate types, one media wala, a few brokers), what happened? Checking this page after a while may be 8 months (got possession so drifted away). Rest all looks the same, only thing was those few who went to jantar mantar and then magicbricks said they got DEW completed and nothing, what is the story anyone please.


    Congratulations for getting possession. So are you now like "Chalo yaar I got possession, ab jara thread par jaakar bhi maze leta hun in logon se" ? If that's not the case, then be sensitive to the problems of others.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Ok give me one instance where 100s of houses were demolished to make way for road.


    Pls do some searches on what and how Dr. T Chandrashekhar transformed Nagpur and Thane and his efforts in Mumbai. Since u raised Pune a Maharashtra City.

    If you undertake some research on how demolitions were always part of infrastructure development, you will, may be, rethink ur opinion (though hard to digest u will). Most people born in 80s have missed seeing how some really good work on infrastructure has happened in this country (though slow) but it happens.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GaryG76
    Pls do some searches on what and how Dr. T Chandrashekhar transformed Nagpur and Thane and his efforts in Mumbai. Since u raised Pune a Maharashtra City.

    If you undertake some research on how demolitions were always part of infrastructure development, you will, may be, rethink ur opinion (though hard to digest u will). Most people born in 80s have missed seeing how some really good work on infrastructure has happened in this country (though slow) but it happens.


    Agreed! Even I don't want to comment on Mr. Warren's post still mentioning below:
    Referencing to current 6 lane development of NH 2 go and check how many houses demolished near Kosi, Chatta, Chatikara. towards Agra and Mathura these are actually demolished just few month before and families were living in these houses. Nobody has dare to save these illegal homes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AAGRAWAL
    Agreed,,
    Even I don't want to comment on Mr. Warren post still mentioning below
    referencing to current 6 lane development of NH 2 go and check how many houses demolished near Kosi, Chatta, Chatikara. towards Agra and Mathura these are actually demolished just few month before and families were living in these houses. Nobody has dare to save these illegal homes


    If I guess and not wrong in all total more than 500 illegal structures actually demolished comprising houses and shops and more on its way. That I have actually seen.
    CommentQuote
  • So please Mr. Warren Dway investor ko mat bargalao, jo jaisa hai use uske haal pe rahne do. if you are not interested in Dway I suggest you should not show your interest. No intention to receive any comment from you.
    CommentQuote
  • There is no doubt that Dwarka Expressway will come, it's just the matter of time.
    New Palam Vihar is an unauthorized colony but not developed on Government land.Why do Government provide electricity connections of R Zone? People have invested good amount of money to buy land in New Palam Vihar. Around 2008 , it was cheaper to buy flat in DEway projects than constructing a house in New Palam Vihar. Even now the prices of good corner plots is comparable with authorized area. Majority of the people living here are retired from Defence forces. Some doctors, engineers, architects and all kinds of professions. If you roam in this area , you will realize the worth of most of the houses is 1 crore + now, which are not coming on DEway.
    Old people still prefer to have independent houses than flat, and many people spent their lifetime savings in developing a house here. So , people cursing the owners here should curse system not people. Proper compensation was never given, else people would have happily vacated.
    Will you vacate your only house if no alternate is provided?

    This is the systematic failure of government to develop affordable housing and people were forced to buy houses in such areas. People have got GPA because registration is not open in the area. HUDA is not even considering the registered owners after 2008.
    Government is happy to give flats to jhuggies developed on Government land but can't give alternate plots to rightful owners?

    We should think of everyone, DEway should come and Government should make alternate arrangements for plot owners. It should be WIN WIN for all.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jaideepk
    There is no doubt that Dwarka Expressway will come, it's just the matter of time.
    New Palam Vihar is an unauthorized colony but not developed on Government land.Why do Government provide electricity connections of R Zone? People have invested good amount of money to buy land in New Palam Vihar. Around 2008 , it was cheaper to buy flat in DEway projects than constructing a house in New Palam Vihar. Even now the prices of good corner plots is comparable with authorized area. Majority of the people living here are retired from Defence forces. Some doctors, engineers, architects and all kinds of professions. If you roam in this area , you will realize the worth of most of the houses is 1 crore + now, which are not coming on DEway.
    Old people still prefer to have independent houses than flat, and many people spent their lifetime savings in developing a house here. So , people cursing the owners here should curse system not people. Proper compensation was never given, else people would have happily vacated.
    Will you vacate your only house if no alternate is provided?

    This is the systematic failure of government to develop affordable housing and people were forced to buy houses in such areas. People have got GPA because registration is not open in the area. HUDA is not even considering the registered owners after 2008.
    Government is happy to give flats to jhuggies developed on Government land but can't give alternate plots to rightful owners?

    We should think of everyone, DEway should come and Government should make alternate arrangements for plot owners. It should be WIN WIN for all.


    Your argument has one inherent defect. DEW was announced in year 2006. Before that there was no ban on sale deeds. If someone is buying and constructing property in new palam vihar even after notification of dew , then he/she is doing at his/her risk. Particularly when, New Palam Vihar was not only affordable location to live in Gurgaon. Risk taken can go either way, positive or negative. You said people from defence, doctor, architects, engineers are in this colony. And what do brokers say to such investors "Arrey sir , le lo . Itni badi colony hai. Aise kaise demolish ho jaayegi" This is the sad part, even after being so well educated, such investors do not want to do any due diligence. Sasti property mili nahi ki who cares, ki GPA par hai ki sale deed par hai? This negligence has boomranged now.
    CommentQuote