Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 1 hour ago
21716 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

    Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
    Not in najafgarh but in an unauthorised colony of South Delhi, I had three properties in naharpar but exited two now whatever is left in naharpar is my profits.

    Revanta is my long term bet I was under no illusion that it would take more than 5 years to yield any results that would matter and off late the construction is moving at a brisk phase.

    I had been critical of noida extension and gr noida because of one has land issues and other being a ghost town.

    My friend has an unit in nth and that too is doing well.

    As far as my personal returns are concerned they have outperformed.

    Few reasons

    Revanta is unique so it will attract huge interest once completed.

    Faridabad was part of my seeking alpha rule.

    Unauthorised colony property was part of population population population

    Next alpha is bawana and some where near the intersection of of kmp and kgp in Palwal.

    I am however not able to find anything their which fits my budget and requirements so both alpha is still waiting may be i will miss them and have to find something else.

    Rohit
    Short term entry and quick exit on leverage on the cusp of a bull run is the best way to make windfall profits. That entry time was in 2005 and 2010. Everything does well and location less imp than the speed of exit. So your Neharpar investments might have been duplicated in most locations.

    Lal dora is a pure rental play plus parking of funds for future.

    How are developments in Neharpar nowadays? I stopped paying attention.

    Yes Revanta is probably a long term lock for self use situation - although almost ANY property is a 15 year lock and forget investment.

    Is this Raheja same company as Bombay?

    All in all I dont see any alpha in property investments for a while.

    But lots of beta from distress sales as leveraged people sell in disgust - and when the last one capitulates the next bull run will start.

    Max of these high beta beaten down flays will be in NPR. Finding one close to delivery will catch the bottom for good bottom fishing
    Last edited by Venkytalks; October 26 2014, 04:26 PM.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

    Comment


    • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

      I would stay away from dwarka eway may be time has come to say no to any new investment in re of ncr.

      I have relatives in nagpur but the problem there is connectivity.

      I don't know may be i will buy a huge farmland and grow onions and tomatos or may be plant some teak there.

      I am going to follow what I have written in my presentation and my retirement is way too far.

      So in a nutshell will keep naharpar, Revanta and laldora and keep hunting for good bargain in Palwal and bawana

      Let's see how things pan out.

      Present focus is on getting Faridabad builders straight

      Comment


      • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

        Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
        I would stay away from dwarka eway may be time has come to say no to any new investment in re of ncr.

        I have relatives in nagpur but the problem there is connectivity.

        I don't know may be i will buy a huge farmland and grow onions and tomatos or may be plant some teak there.

        I am going to follow what I have written in my presentation and my retirement is way too far.

        So in a nutshell will keep naharpar, Revanta and laldora and keep hunting for good bargain in Palwal and bawana

        Let's see how things pan out.

        Present focus is on getting Faridabad builders straight
        Best option is to avoid fresh exposure in real estate
        Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

        Comment


        • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

          Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          But lots of beta from distress sales as leveraged people sell in disgust - and when the last one capitulates the next bull run will start.
          Venkyji, I am curious to know how did you get this idea/insight that a lot of distress sale is going to happen and there are a lot of leveraged people?

          To my mind, the leveraged people will hold on to their properties for less than a year when they find that the price is not appreciating. I would say, as on date if at all there are leveraged people it would be less than 5%.
          Can you give your guestimates of the no of leveraged people? Or at least can you guess how much percentage of the people in IREF are leveraged?

          Comment


          • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

            Originally posted by Counterfeit View Post
            Venkyji, I am curious to know how did you get this idea/insight that a lot of distress sale is going to happen and there are a lot of leveraged people?

            To my mind, the leveraged people will hold on to their properties for less than a year when they find that the price is not appreciating. I would say, as on date if at all there are leveraged people it would be less than 5%.
            Can you give your guestimates of the no of leveraged people? Or at least can you guess how much percentage of the people in IREF are leveraged?
            In present market only distress seller will sell. All deals in NPR and NOIDA are currently distress sales only.

            Present prices of 3500 to 4000 psf in both NPR and NOIDA are distress sale price.

            Those who have no distress will never sell in such a bad market.

            Almost all property deals have some component of leverage. Only well off end users (NRI) and landlords with multiple properties buy avoiding loans if possible.
            Last edited by Venkytalks; October 26 2014, 08:44 PM.
            Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

            Comment


            • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

              Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
              In present market only distress seller will sell. All deals in NPR and NOIDA are currently distress sales only.

              Present prices of 3500 to 4000 psf in both NPR and NOIDA are distress sale price.

              Those who have no distress will never sell in such a bad market.

              Almost all property deals have some component of leverage. Only well off end users and landlords with multiple properties buy avoiding loans if possible.

              But there are hardly any sales

              Comment


              • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                Originally posted by ashu_sharmaa View Post
                But there are hardly any sales
                Exactly. These are distress sales because being sold without profit or even loss.

                I would never sell off when prices so low

                Same price after 2 years means bigger distress
                Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

                Comment


                • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                  ....and most of these leveraged buyers must be momentum players (brokers) who can see the market when it is coming since they handle enquiries. They can see when the market is drying up more easily than you and me.

                  Comment


                  • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                    Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                    Exactly. These are distress sales because being sold without profit or even loss

                    Which is very less

                    So if we go by you rationale there are hardly distress sale and prices haven't moved in more than a year. Which means people holding these properties have staying power

                    Comment


                    • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                      Originally posted by Counterfeit View Post
                      ....and most of these leveraged buyers must be momentum players (brokers) who can see the market when it is coming since they handle enquiries. They can see when the market is drying up more easily than you and me.
                      Leverage can only be 40 to 50% of salary.

                      It is difficult to lever for more than 1 flat unless big salary.

                      Making 3 bookings usually done with own money
                      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X