Last updated: 4 hours ago
21883 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by lstoor View Post
    Hi,

I have made a small picture from Google maps, showing NPR and circles indicate where NPR crosses major roads/rail lines.

First Point: We need Flyover/Underpass at those places as well. At least on Basai Road/Pataudi Road I dont see any preparation for Flyover/Underpass.

Second point: NPR should connect to UER-II in Dwarka. Something needs to be done there as well, cloverleaf etc.

Br,

Lakhavir
    This is true and a major problem.

I drove along pataudi to reach DEW and drove on both sides a few days ago.

It takes 1 minute from kherki daula to pataudi and 1 minute from pataudi to ROB.

1 Minute!

But solution to Pataudi road crossing is vital. Took 5 minutes to cross. Bad chaotic traffic. Imagine the traffic when all the sectors get occupied.

Problem is that its the expressway which has to be elevated.

If you elevate Pataudi then you need to have traffic lights or long barriers and service roads with mini flyovers to manage turns from Pataudi road to DEW.

Same with Basai road.

And the other 7 or 8 road crossings which you point out.

No way is this going to be expressway until problem solved.

Kherki daula where DEW stops needs to become a clover leaf flyover with SPR NH8.

Another 5 years minimum
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

I was looking at 2021 GGN Masterplan with Reliance SEZ and other SEZs. May be NPR was designed for them. Now with SEZs gone, no big industry push is there for NPR.

Such big (150M) road would have been useful for SEZ connection to Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by lstoor View Post
        I was looking at 2021 GGN Masterplan with Reliance SEZ and other SEZs. May be NPR was designed for them. Now with SEZs gone, no big industry push is there for NPR.

Such big (150M) road would have been useful for SEZ connection to Airport.
        BJP govt likely to come up with something big for SEZ land? How much is still left?

Comment

Last heard they plan some Smart City near about sector-88 and land available to them is around 1300 Acres. Also DDA has planned for its own smart city across the border..

Source (IREF)

Comment

Originally posted by mkg007 View Post
            Does anyone agree to these statements?

1. You have to cross railway line to reach ROB!!!.......It's one of the most hilarious statements I have read.

2. Waiting time 1.5 hours at railway crossing?....Where???

3. ROB is nothing for good.....Infrastructural development planners are the biggest fools and they should stick to manual railway crossings.

ALL RUBBISH...

Najafgarh Road is a good motorable road and with operational ROB, there will be seamless connectivity from NH-8 till Sectors 1XX with no railway crossing, may be a couple of red signals. And of course it is only a stopgap arrangement till NPR or the parallel Sector Road gets completed... The traffic movement will slow down while crossing Bijwasan Village, yet would be much much faster than the current situation where people have to wait at manual railway crossings. Traffic movement in Peak hours is slow everywhere including entire NCR and with habitation this place will be no exception, and all the more reason for authorities to complete NPR and other sector roads.
            It's not rubbish at all, be practical this ROB was never designed to meet demand of NPR sectors neither Delhi govt has any plan for that. It's only useful for daily commuters using Nazafgarh road.  There are two way to approach to ROB i.e. conventional Palam VIhar road and Bajghera road to Nazafgarh Nala. 

Best one is Palam Vihar route since its shortest and  little bit in good condition though not wider enough and needs to cross railway line. Draw backs I had already posted and no need to repeat.

Second one is Bajghera road which is really nightmare, it's not only narrow and longest route (about 2 km) but full of potholes and traffic condition are terrible. You have to drive carefully in and around Bajghera village who suddenly came in front of your car can't predict.  This road meet near to Nazafgarh Nala where you have to U turn to approach ROB. 

I repeat once again once completed this ROB could only little useful if HUDA complete it's 75m wide sector road with branches of master road and also widen Bajghera road (which is again next to impossible since both side of road is densely populated). 

I have used both roads many times and prefer to Palam Vihar option by crossing railway line where waiting time could 15 minutes (provided no traffic jam on crossing) to 1.5 hrs (under jam condition).
            Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
              It's not rubbish at all, be practical this ROB was never designed to meet demand of NPR sectors neither Delhi govt has any plan for that. It's only useful for daily commuters using Nazafgarh road.  There are two way to approach to ROB i.e. conventional Palam VIhar road and Bajghera road to Nazafgarh Nala. 

Best one is Palam Vihar route since its shortest and  little bit in good condition though not wider enough and needs to cross railway line. Draw backs I had already posted and no need to repeat.

Second one is Bajghera road which is really nightmare, it's not only narrow and longest route (about 2 km) but full of potholes and traffic condition are terrible. You have to drive carefully in and around Bajghera village who suddenly came in front of your car can't predict.  This road meet near to Nazafgarh Nala where you have to U turn to approach ROB. 

I repeat once again once completed this ROB could only little useful if HUDA complete it's 75m wide sector road with branches of master road and also widen Bajghera road (which is again next to impossible since both side of road is densely populated). 

I have used both roads many times and prefer to Palam Vihar option by crossing railway line where waiting time could 15 minutes (provided no traffic jam on crossing) to 1.5 hrs (under jam condition).
              Road to Bijwasan ROB starts From Kapashera (OLD GURGAON-DELHI ROAD).
              If we come from NH8 side Towards Najafgarh Drain.
              And We will not have to face any Railway Crossing as we will use ROB.
              After We get down from Rob , The Road Ends At Najafgarh Drain/ CHHAWLA.
              And Before We reach Drain We have to cross 113,114 and 115 Sectors.
              We will touch To Najafgarh Drain after Crossing sector 115 on our Left Side.
              Last edited by sunnyj; November 8 2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyj View Post
                Show me route on sattelite image how do you reach from old Delhi road or Kapashera to sector 10x without railway crossing?? There is no such route exist otherwise you have to detour from Bajghera road which I describe in my last post. As per present status this ROB has no benefit of all for sectors along NPR. 

However, of course it would beneficial at some extent once proposed 75m wide road get connected to Nazafgarh road before that it's nothing for good. 

Comment

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
                  Show me route on sattelite image how do you reach from old Delhi road or Kapashera to sector 10x without railway crossing?? There is no such route exist otherwise you have to detour from Bajghera road which I describe in my last post. As per present status this ROB has no benefit of all for sectors along NPR. 

However, of course it would beneficial at some extent once proposed 75m wide road get connected to Nazafgarh road before that it's nothing for good. 
                  So You Mean to say that Once We get down From ROB Toward Najaffgarh Drain, Again We have to take A "U" Turn And Cross The Railway Fatak To Reach 10x Sectors..

You Don't Need To detour If You want to reach TATA In 113 or PURI,TASHI ,KAshish iN 111.
                  These Project Are Well Connected With Bijwasan-najafgarh Road.
                  Last edited by sunnyj; November 8 2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

So You Mean to say that Once We get down From ROB Toward Najaffgarh Drain, Again We have to take A "U" Turn And Cross The Railway Fatak To Reach 10x Sectors..

You Don't Need To detour If You want to reach TATA In 113 or PURI,TASHI ,KAshish iN 111.
                    These Project Are Well Connected With Bijwasan-najafgarh Road.
                    Carefully read my earlier post Bajghera and Nazafgarh running slightly parallel (not exactly but at some angle) and if you take this road by using U-turn than there is no need to cross the railway Crossing but its 2km longer and quite narrow and horrible road. Even those residing around Bajghera prefer to use Palam Vihar route by crossing railway fatak rather than using Bajghera road if their destination is towards NH8.  

I am ending this topic since its useless to repeat same thing several time better to read earlier post you get what I mean to say. 

Comment

Today I drove from Delhi on NH8 then turned right before toll gate to Kapashera and went straight to Bijwasan till I hit the ROB being built.

Driving time was about 30 min from RK Puram sector 12.

Obviously after completion this ROB will give 45 min driving time to Puri Diplomatic green and Gurgaon gateway - BUT ONLY AFTER the DEW and sector roads are built between.

Currently there is no good road on the other side of the railway to go towards DEW in Bajghera.

But I anticipate that Delhi govt will build some good roads here after the DEW land is cleared. Quality of Delhi vs Gurgaon roads is far superior.

I did drive along the DEW and the HUGE sector roads till I reached Basai flyover. Some patches are in terrible shape. Some long stretches are superb.

It will take minimum two years before these roads are worth daily commute. At least 5 years before DEW functions like expressway.

The current inflated prices in this region are not worth it. There is also no point in delivery because currently unlivable. The builders attitude of going slow till roads improve is sensible because with completion neither investor nor end user will benefit. Even for end user it is better to rent close to work and limit outgo until DEW is more livable. Thats 2 years away.

Assuming 85% paid the rest is another 15% for final finishing plus extra charges like IFMD etc. Also 5% stamp duty. So a clear 20% extra.

More if they jack up super area.

20% of 1 crore is 20 lakhs. Based on old prices some 10 to 15 lakhs will be needed. Also another 10 lakhs to make the flat livable. So 20 lakh outgo even on old prices.

Put 20 Lakh in FD and rent for 15 to 20000 per month for 2 years and even end user breaks even.

If on loan you can put it another way. Your full EMI will be 20% more than currently. Pay the extra in rent and relax regarding delivery.

The place is not worth living currently
                      Last edited by Venkytalks; November 8 2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X