A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19770 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Rohit_warren,
    See below for you,how beautiful it looks. I know still you will have your spin.(
    dillee door nahin hai bhai.

Thank you for posting the pictures they have just reconfirmed the pathetic state of d eway and it's projects.
    Do you see the kutcha roads just before the rob ?
    Do you see the tower structures in the background ?
    Do you see empty vast strectes of land all over ?

Dilli abhi bahuuuuuut door hai for d eway
    CommentQuote
    Rohit_warren,
    See below for you,how beautiful it looks. I know still you will have your spin.(

I think the link has been removed
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone have idea about OSB group and there owner background, do they deliver project and about any past experience with them. Help me I am looking for there affordable housing society in sector 109 gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren

Thank you for posting the pictures they have just reconfirmed the pathetic state of d eway and it's projects.

You definitely have no clue about what is where then!
    Are you even aware where this flyover is?
    Are you even aware what connectivity this flyover is bringing?

The kutcha roads are being carpetted, and should be ready soon.
    Tower structures in the background are coming up for possession. You can't see all the towers and projects which are complete in this picture.
    Perhaps you are not aware of the commercial areas along the D-expway where residential structures are not permitted. From what little I know, most of the developers are waiting for this to start launching the commercial projects, which they will construct rapidly.
    Expect a lot of people to start moving into the delivered projects soon.

Btw, have you seen the sectors close to Delhi border....did you know that construction of the malls has already reached the 3rd floor, and they will be ready by the end of the year. All things are falling into place finally, but yet you choose to ignore them.

People will not go to Neharpar anymore, no matter how much you try to convince them that this area is just a barren piece of wasteland, because once they go here themselves they will see a lot more things than what can be seen in this pic. Lots of people from Delhi coming to the sectors closer to Delhi. I have 6-7 friends who have bought apartments here in the last 2-3 months. Now their friends and families are looking for apartments here as well. And you still want to cling on to someplace that is 35-40kms away.

Perhaps you are also not aware that its only 6 lane now, the area on the sides is kept for expanding it to 16 lanes, plus green belt plus service lane.

Have a look at Sector 110A or 37C where the oustees have to be given plots. When the Government wants, rapid development is possible. Entire sector has been levelled, and internal road work preliminary work completed in just a matter of 2-3 months. Even DLF or Unitech could not develop their plotted colonies so fast.
    CommentQuote
    6 Comments
    • ashu_sharmaa6 months ago
      Ha ha. I missed the sarcasm as I had not read through previous comments (Had to read back a few pages to understand the context). Or maybe it was just too subtle ;-)

And have to say you slayed it with Tharoor quote :-)
  • Originally Posted by samggn

Tower structures in the background are coming up for possession. You can't see all the towers and projects which are complete in this picture.
    Perhaps you are not aware of the commercial areas along the D-expway where residential structures are not permitted. From what little I know, most of the developers are waiting for this to start launching the commercial projects, which they will construct rapidly.

Btw, have you seen the sectors close to Delhi border....did you know that construction of the malls has already reached the 3rd floor, and they will be ready by the end of the year. All things are falling into place finally, but yet you choose to ignore them.

People will not go to Neharpar anymore, no matter how much you try to convince them that this area is just a barren piece of wasteland, because once they go here themselves they will see a lot more things than what can be seen in this pic. Lots of people from Delhi coming to the sectors closer to Delhi. I have 6-7 friends who have bought apartments here in the last 2-3 months. Now their friends and families are looking for apartments here as well. And you still want to cling on to someplace that is 35-40kms away.

Perhaps you are also not aware that its only 6 lane now, the area on the sides is kept for expanding it to 16 lanes, plus green belt plus service lane.

Have a look at Sector 110A or 37C where the oustees have to be given plots. When the Government wants, rapid development is possible. Entire sector has been levelled, and internal road work preliminary work completed in just a matter of 2-3 months. Even DLF or Unitech could not develop their plotted colonies so fast.

Ha ha ha
    Thank you for reminding me of neharpar - I almost forgot that area because it is fully developed now with 20000 famiilies living there I was expecting you to call about Wakad and hingewadi now :) anyways read yourself once again what you have written everything ends with soon -

nothing is complete and that is what I am saying for last five years - it will take a loooooong time to complete
    CommentQuote
    3 Comments
    • rohit_warren6 months ago
      @sharad75 my analysis about pulse of real estate with regard to number of working couples vs dating couples still hold true - I am glad that you still remember it - thank you
      That comment was made in dec 2010 during my visit to greater noida and thankfully I had not placed my money there as that region of ncr is still struggelling to large extent - gr noida was ghost town then and it is ghost town even now - not talking about the modern slum of noida extension.

If you walk in the ambience mall of gurgaon you will see lots of working couples there - they are visible everywhere and that tells the whole story why gurgaon has flourished - double income - that is it

Ha ha ha
    Thank you for reminding me of neharpar - I almost forgot that area because it is fully developed now with 20000 famiilies living there I was expecting you to call about Wakad and hingewadi now :) anyways read yourself once again what you have written everything ends with soon -

nothing is complete and that is what I am saying for last five years - it will take a loooooong time to complete

To bring it to your perspective, there are even more families than that already living in the Sectors along DwarkaExpressway.
    Have a look at Sector 104,105,109,110,111. Then perhaps you might see that there are more than 20K families already staying there. And if you just cross the railway line, which is just a couple of minutes away from any of these sectors, you come straight into the oldest sectors of Gurgaon. Densely populated, and with all the running markets, malls, hospitals, schools etc that you say are not there. Plus more coming up along the Expressway.

The only reason this area close to Delhi sufferred from lack of proper connectivity for so long was because of vested interests. The biggest builders did not have any land here, and perhaps did their level best to stall it in the background, in the hope of selling their inventory elsewhere at higher prices. Who would want to stay 25-30kms away from the hub when good options are available within 5kms of it.

Perhaps you are not aware that people have already started using the flyover, not waiting for the politicians to come and inaugurate it!!

There are plenty of projects that are complete, and more coming up for completion. People have already started shifting into them, not just owners, but on rent as well. Choice is yours...keep the blinders on, or take them off and actually look around.

CommentQuote

• Dew will be Manhattan of Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote

To bring it to your perspective, there are even more families than that already living in the Sectors along DwarkaExpressway.
    Have a look at Sector 104,105,109,110,111. Then perhaps you might see that there are more than 20K families already staying there. And if you just cross the railway line, which is just a couple of minutes away from any of these sectors, you come straight into the oldest sectors of Gurgaon. Densely populated, and with all the running markets, malls, hospitals, schools etc that you say are not there. Plus more coming up along the Expressway.

The only reason this area close to Delhi sufferred from lack of proper connectivity for so long was because of vested interests. The biggest builders did not have any land here, and perhaps did their level best to stall it in the background, in the hope of selling their inventory elsewhere at higher prices. Who would want to stay 25-30kms away from the hub when good options are available within 5kms of it.

Perhaps you are not aware that people have already started using the flyover, not waiting for the politicians to come and inaugurate it!!

There are plenty of projects that are complete, and more coming up for completion. People have already started shifting into them, not just owners, but on rent as well. Choice is yours...keep the blinders on, or take them off and actually look around.

I hate to say this but naharpar is still 5 years ahead of d eway projects and infra
    and the 20000 families I was talking about only limited to the 50 odd projects there and does not include the gaon walas or old population of villages
    Those sectors you are talking about have been included in the sector layout so the old residents have become part of those sector's population.
    moreover you have answered the biggest question why the development has been delayed - Because of the vested interest - Yes and nothing has changed till date.
    If someone is using rob without proper opening they are trespassing and may be prosecuted by the authorities because till railways give it safety certificate the use of rob is illegal.

The projects of d eway are in pathetic state with no drainage no public transport no basic infra - it's going to take long time
    CommentQuote

I know it hurts you when you see Dew developments.
    CommentQuote

ok lets see this develop I for one will be chuffed if the dew develops and becomes like theStrip in Las Vegas with obviously some differences
    But lets see I said 2019 and I am awaiting to see what this term of govt does
    Lets see fingers crossed

ps thanks for the pics
    CommentQuote
    Rohit_warren,

One query, with opening of this what stretch we are looking at that will be completed. I mean start to end.... what all points it will provide connectivity.
    Also do you/anyone reading have info about KD connectivity.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975

ok lets see this develop I for one will be chuffed if the dew develops and becomes like theStrip in Las Vegas with obviously some differences
    But lets see I said 2019 and I am awaiting to see what this term of govt does
    Lets see fingers crossed

ps thanks for the pics

One a naysayer and other a nay-prayer...ha ha
    docile puppy ❤️
    CommentQuote
  • back of envelope calculations

avg 2 bhk price - 60 lakhs
    loan availed avg - 48 lakhs
    emi per year - almost 5 lakhs (on the lower side)
    projects delayed at least 5 years
    interest paid = 4x5 = 20 lakhs
    rent paid = 20x12x5 = 12 lakhs
    shifting expenses atleast thrice in five years = 30000 + 20000 x 3 = 150000
    total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless

total cost of the unit has already increased to 60 + 33.5 = 93.5 lakhs almost one Crore

Well that means almost 10000 per sq ft may be higher if calculated on carpet area

Government pushing hard on small units now so the buyers of bigger units have gone down a lot - if things don't improve in coming two years the cost of the unit will go up by
    another 25% which means 1.25 crores almost

This is going to be head I lose tail you win situation for the buyers

Now talk about the factors why d eway will not be complete for a long time

Builders have collected almost 80-90 % in all projects and they have diverted money elsewhere
    Bankers are happy collecting pre emi (interest only) on the loan amount
    Babus are happy not doing any work and taking home fat pay package and nazrana from above two
    Brokers are happy by reselling properties as distress sale and keeping nice tanka on the deal
    Political policy markers enjoying their majority in the government and since there is no threat to kurchi they are least concerned about what is going on the ground
    The Delhi side of d eway stuck in political war between two different political parties
    A large part of haryana side still stuck in legal battle and those guys are so persistent that they find one or the other way to keep the case going on and on

Given the above situation there is hardly any incentive for the builders bankers babus brokers and political policy makers to finish the d eway
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • NewBee20156 months ago
      These are the hard facts and no one can deny this assessment. Please keep writing these type of post not garbage👏😃👏
    back of envelope calculations

total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless

Cant deny these facts...
    CommentQuote
    back of envelope calculations

total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless

total cost of the unit has already increased to 60 + 33.5 = 93.5 lakhs almost one Crore

Well that means almost 10000 per sq ft may be higher if calculated on carpet area

Government pushing hard on small units now so the buyers of bigger units have gone down a lot - if things don't improve in coming two years the cost of the unit will go up by
    another 25% which means 1.25 crores almost

This is going to be head I lose tail you win situation for the buyers

Now talk about the factors why d eway will not be complete for a long time

Builders have collected almost 80-90 % in all projects and they have diverted money elsewhere
    Bankers are happy collecting pre emi (interest only) on the loan amount
    Babus are happy not doing any work and taking home fat pay package and nazrana from above two
    Brokers are happy by reselling properties as distress sale and keeping nice tanka on the deal
    Political policy markers enjoying their majority in the government and since there is no threat to kurchi they are least concerned about what is going on the ground
    The Delhi side of d eway stuck in political war between two different political parties
    A large part of haryana side still stuck in legal battle and those guys are so persistent that they find one or the other way to keep the case going on and on

Given the above situation there is hardly any incentive for the builders bankers babus brokers and political policy makers to finish the d eway

You have very wrong basic assumptions. If you have bought in CLP, then how does the EMI become the same from starting date. Reduce the interest paid by half.
    Only some projects are delayed, not all. There are projects being delivered almost on time as well...delay of say 0-6 months.
    Not sure how/why you are calculating shifting so many times!
    There is no mental agony if the builder has been okay.

Government may be pushing hard for smaller units, but if the people want to stay in larger houses, then they will stay in larger houses. Already there are all types of apartments and villas available, large as well as small. That's individual choice. I have no interest in living in cramped up projects in small apartments, else would have gone to Noida instead of Gurgaon.

Now for the real eye opener for you-
    Builders are racing to complete the projects, lest they have to pay huge penalties.
    Bankers collecting EMI, not just pre-emi. Depends on the payment plans.
    Babus are working overtime...see the pace of development in the last few months.
    Brokers/mediators will always make money in any sphere, not just here. Here its important to get the right one who is not keeping a margin.
    Political policy makers are facing the heat. And they also know that they can make huge money if they finish this quickly.
    The Delhi side is no longer stuck, you are not aware of the latest developments again.
    I don't understand how you say a large part of Haryana side is still stuck in legal battle. Just a few hundred meters remains to be constructed, and there too road is getting constructed in Oct, once the 6 months period for vacating the houses is complete.

There is a huge incentive for the builders, bankers, babus and political parties to finish the DEW since a lot more projects are coming up where they will rake in a lot of money.

CommentQuote