A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19898 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :

  • Dew will be Manhattan of Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samggn


    To bring it to your perspective, there are even more families than that already living in the Sectors along DwarkaExpressway.
    Have a look at Sector 104,105,109,110,111. Then perhaps you might see that there are more than 20K families already staying there. And if you just cross the railway line, which is just a couple of minutes away from any of these sectors, you come straight into the oldest sectors of Gurgaon. Densely populated, and with all the running markets, malls, hospitals, schools etc that you say are not there. Plus more coming up along the Expressway.

    The only reason this area close to Delhi sufferred from lack of proper connectivity for so long was because of vested interests. The biggest builders did not have any land here, and perhaps did their level best to stall it in the background, in the hope of selling their inventory elsewhere at higher prices. Who would want to stay 25-30kms away from the hub when good options are available within 5kms of it.

    Perhaps you are not aware that people have already started using the flyover, not waiting for the politicians to come and inaugurate it!!

    There are plenty of projects that are complete, and more coming up for completion. People have already started shifting into them, not just owners, but on rent as well. Choice is yours...keep the blinders on, or take them off and actually look around.



    I hate to say this but naharpar is still 5 years ahead of d eway projects and infra
    and the 20000 families I was talking about only limited to the 50 odd projects there and does not include the gaon walas or old population of villages
    Those sectors you are talking about have been included in the sector layout so the old residents have become part of those sector's population.
    moreover you have answered the biggest question why the development has been delayed - Because of the vested interest - Yes and nothing has changed till date.
    If someone is using rob without proper opening they are trespassing and may be prosecuted by the authorities because till railways give it safety certificate the use of rob is illegal.

    The projects of d eway are in pathetic state with no drainage no public transport no basic infra - it's going to take long time
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren


    Thank you for posting the pictures they have just reconfirmed the pathetic state of d eway and it's projects.
    Do you see the kutcha roads just before the rob ?
    Do you see the tower structures in the background ?
    Do you see empty vast strectes of land all over ?

    Dilli abhi bahuuuuuut door hai for d eway


    I know it hurts you when you see Dew developments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samggn


    You definitely have no clue about what is where then!
    Are you even aware where this flyover is?
    Are you even aware what connectivity this flyover is bringing?

    The kutcha roads are being carpetted, and should be ready soon.
    Tower structures in the background are coming up for possession. You can't see all the towers and projects which are complete in this picture.
    Perhaps you are not aware of the commercial areas along the D-expway where residential structures are not permitted. From what little I know, most of the developers are waiting for this to start launching the commercial projects, which they will construct rapidly.
    Expect a lot of people to start moving into the delivered projects soon.

    Btw, have you seen the sectors close to Delhi border....did you know that construction of the malls has already reached the 3rd floor, and they will be ready by the end of the year. All things are falling into place finally, but yet you choose to ignore them.

    People will not go to Neharpar anymore, no matter how much you try to convince them that this area is just a barren piece of wasteland, because once they go here themselves they will see a lot more things than what can be seen in this pic. Lots of people from Delhi coming to the sectors closer to Delhi. I have 6-7 friends who have bought apartments here in the last 2-3 months. Now their friends and families are looking for apartments here as well. And you still want to cling on to someplace that is 35-40kms away.

    Perhaps you are also not aware that its only 6 lane now, the area on the sides is kept for expanding it to 16 lanes, plus green belt plus service lane.

    Have a look at Sector 110A or 37C where the oustees have to be given plots. When the Government wants, rapid development is possible. Entire sector has been levelled, and internal road work preliminary work completed in just a matter of 2-3 months. Even DLF or Unitech could not develop their plotted colonies so fast.


    ok lets see this develop I for one will be chuffed if the dew develops and becomes like theStrip in Las Vegas with obviously some differences
    But lets see I said 2019 and I am awaiting to see what this term of govt does
    Lets see fingers crossed

    ps thanks for the pics
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Rohit_warren,
    See below for you,how beautiful it looks. I know still you will have your spin.(
    dillee door nahin hai bhai.


    One query, with opening of this what stretch we are looking at that will be completed. I mean start to end.... what all points it will provide connectivity.
    Also do you/anyone reading have info about KD connectivity.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975


    ok lets see this develop I for one will be chuffed if the dew develops and becomes like theStrip in Las Vegas with obviously some differences
    But lets see I said 2019 and I am awaiting to see what this term of govt does
    Lets see fingers crossed

    ps thanks for the pics


    One a naysayer and other a nay-prayer...ha ha
    docile puppy ❤️
    CommentQuote
  • back of envelope calculations

    avg 2 bhk price - 60 lakhs
    loan availed avg - 48 lakhs
    emi per year - almost 5 lakhs (on the lower side)
    projects delayed at least 5 years
    interest paid = 4x5 = 20 lakhs
    rent paid = 20x12x5 = 12 lakhs
    shifting expenses atleast thrice in five years = 30000 + 20000 x 3 = 150000
    total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless


    total cost of the unit has already increased to 60 + 33.5 = 93.5 lakhs almost one Crore

    Well that means almost 10000 per sq ft may be higher if calculated on carpet area

    Government pushing hard on small units now so the buyers of bigger units have gone down a lot - if things don't improve in coming two years the cost of the unit will go up by
    another 25% which means 1.25 crores almost

    This is going to be head I lose tail you win situation for the buyers

    Now talk about the factors why d eway will not be complete for a long time

    Builders have collected almost 80-90 % in all projects and they have diverted money elsewhere
    Bankers are happy collecting pre emi (interest only) on the loan amount
    Babus are happy not doing any work and taking home fat pay package and nazrana from above two
    Brokers are happy by reselling properties as distress sale and keeping nice tanka on the deal
    Political policy markers enjoying their majority in the government and since there is no threat to kurchi they are least concerned about what is going on the ground
    The Delhi side of d eway stuck in political war between two different political parties
    A large part of haryana side still stuck in legal battle and those guys are so persistent that they find one or the other way to keep the case going on and on

    Given the above situation there is hardly any incentive for the builders bankers babus brokers and political policy makers to finish the d eway
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • NewBee20151 years ago
      These are the hard facts and no one can deny this assessment. Please keep writing these type of post not garbage👏😃👏
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    back of envelope calculations

    avg 2 bhk price - 60 lakhs
    loan availed avg - 48 lakhs
    emi per year - almost 5 lakhs (on the lower side)
    projects delayed at least 5 years
    interest paid = 4x5 = 20 lakhs
    rent paid = 20x12x5 = 12 lakhs
    shifting expenses atleast thrice in five years = 30000 + 20000 x 3 = 150000
    total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless



    Cant deny these facts...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    back of envelope calculations

    avg 2 bhk price - 60 lakhs
    loan availed avg - 48 lakhs
    emi per year - almost 5 lakhs (on the lower side)
    projects delayed at least 5 years
    interest paid = 4x5 = 20 lakhs
    rent paid = 20x12x5 = 12 lakhs
    shifting expenses atleast thrice in five years = 30000 + 20000 x 3 = 150000
    total 33.5 lakhs
    Mental agony priceless


    total cost of the unit has already increased to 60 + 33.5 = 93.5 lakhs almost one Crore

    Well that means almost 10000 per sq ft may be higher if calculated on carpet area

    Government pushing hard on small units now so the buyers of bigger units have gone down a lot - if things don't improve in coming two years the cost of the unit will go up by
    another 25% which means 1.25 crores almost

    This is going to be head I lose tail you win situation for the buyers

    Now talk about the factors why d eway will not be complete for a long time

    Builders have collected almost 80-90 % in all projects and they have diverted money elsewhere
    Bankers are happy collecting pre emi (interest only) on the loan amount
    Babus are happy not doing any work and taking home fat pay package and nazrana from above two
    Brokers are happy by reselling properties as distress sale and keeping nice tanka on the deal
    Political policy markers enjoying their majority in the government and since there is no threat to kurchi they are least concerned about what is going on the ground
    The Delhi side of d eway stuck in political war between two different political parties
    A large part of haryana side still stuck in legal battle and those guys are so persistent that they find one or the other way to keep the case going on and on

    Given the above situation there is hardly any incentive for the builders bankers babus brokers and political policy makers to finish the d eway


    You have very wrong basic assumptions. If you have bought in CLP, then how does the EMI become the same from starting date. Reduce the interest paid by half.
    Only some projects are delayed, not all. There are projects being delivered almost on time as well...delay of say 0-6 months.
    Not sure how/why you are calculating shifting so many times!
    There is no mental agony if the builder has been okay.

    Government may be pushing hard for smaller units, but if the people want to stay in larger houses, then they will stay in larger houses. Already there are all types of apartments and villas available, large as well as small. That's individual choice. I have no interest in living in cramped up projects in small apartments, else would have gone to Noida instead of Gurgaon.

    Now for the real eye opener for you-
    Builders are racing to complete the projects, lest they have to pay huge penalties.
    Bankers collecting EMI, not just pre-emi. Depends on the payment plans.
    Babus are working overtime...see the pace of development in the last few months.
    Brokers/mediators will always make money in any sphere, not just here. Here its important to get the right one who is not keeping a margin.
    Political policy makers are facing the heat. And they also know that they can make huge money if they finish this quickly.
    The Delhi side is no longer stuck, you are not aware of the latest developments again.
    I don't understand how you say a large part of Haryana side is still stuck in legal battle. Just a few hundred meters remains to be constructed, and there too road is getting constructed in Oct, once the 6 months period for vacating the houses is complete.

    There is a huge incentive for the builders, bankers, babus and political parties to finish the DEW since a lot more projects are coming up where they will rake in a lot of money.









    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pointer


    One query, with opening of this what stretch we are looking at that will be completed. I mean start to end.... what all points it will provide connectivity.
    Also do you/anyone reading have info about KD connectivity.


    What you see in the back ground is New Gurgaon. With this stretch now complete, people from Dwarka need not come to NH8 to go to Manesar anymore.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren


    I hate to say this but naharpar is still 5 years ahead of d eway projects and infra
    and the 20000 families I was talking about only limited to the 50 odd projects there and does not include the gaon walas or old population of villages
    Those sectors you are talking about have been included in the sector layout so the old residents have become part of those sector's population.
    moreover you have answered the biggest question why the development has been delayed - Because of the vested interest - Yes and nothing has changed till date.
    If someone is using rob without proper opening they are trespassing and may be prosecuted by the authorities because till railways give it safety certificate the use of rob is illegal.

    The projects of d eway are in pathetic state with no drainage no public transport no basic infra - it's going to take long time


    You definitely do not have any idea about the infrastructure that is already in place. Drainage etc is already there. You should see the ones that they laid down in front of our project. All along the roads drains etc already made. Water lines already laid. Public transport is available.
    The vested interests have been told that they can't hold up the development anymore. That's why so much is happening.
    The people don't care about politicians coming and opening. Its happened many times before. If the safety certificate wasn't in place, then they wouldn't have put the black top on the flyover! Cars weigh a lot less than road rollers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samggn


    You definitely do not have any idea about the infrastructure that is already in place. Drainage etc is already there. You should see the ones that they laid down in front of our project. All along the roads drains etc already made. Water lines already laid. Public transport is available.
    The vested interests have been told that they can't hold up the development anymore. That's why so much is happening.
    The people don't care about politicians coming and opening. Its happened many times before. If the safety certificate wasn't in place, then they wouldn't have put the black top on the flyover! Cars weigh a lot less than road rollers.


    Just saying that I have no idea does not makes you right about the terminally ill condition of d eway
    I have been right for last five years and I don't see your assumption coming true that d eway will be complete by oct this year.
    Just saying someone is wrong does not make anyone right
    open your eyes and realise the reality
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren


    Just saying that I have no idea does not makes you right about the terminally ill condition of d eway
    I have been right for last five years and I don't see your assumption coming true that d eway will be complete by oct this year.
    Just saying someone is wrong does not make anyone right
    open your eyes and realise the reality


    You have a point. The overall gloomy RE market is going to affect the completetion pace of dwarka eway too. First demonetization and now tech job losses, RE is going bad to worse... Gurgaon, traditionally an investor-driven market, saw sales in the March quarter drop to the lowest in the last five quarters. Scary...

    http://www.financialexpress.com/econ...l-wary/634809/
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren


    Just saying that I have no idea does not makes you right about the terminally ill condition of d eway
    I have been right for last five years and I don't see your assumption coming true that d eway will be complete by oct this year.
    Just saying someone is wrong does not make anyone right
    open your eyes and realise the reality


    I have my eyes open and seeing things happening on the ground. Every week there is a marked progress. By Oct there will be a road through and through. Go there yourself and see, rather than just commenting on the basis of what didn't happen for last five years. You are even refusing to believe the pictures put up by someone else showing that it is finally happening. Agreed there was a delay, but now things have changed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rajeev 72


    You have a point. The overall gloomy RE market is going to affect the completetion pace of dwarka eway too. First demonetization and now tech job losses, RE is going bad to worse... Gurgaon, traditionally an investor-driven market, saw sales in the March quarter drop to the lowest in the last five quarters. Scary...

    http://www.financialexpress.com/econ...l-wary/634809/


    Big difference in what is actually happening and what most people think - perhaps time to introspect and see what the actual figures show. Which report should be believed now?

    According to a report by Liases Foras, home sales across the top eight cities in the country grew by an average of 21 percent, QoQ, in the first quarter of 2017. While experts had anticipated buyers to hold back property purchases on the back of demonetisation after-effects, the figures seem to show otherwise.

    The January-March 2017 quarter witnessed sale of 61,214 units as against the 50,788 units sold in October-December 2016. Highest sale volume of 14,983 units was recorded in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) while Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) followed next with 14,505 units.

    The growth chart was led by Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad which recorded growth rates of 47, 43, and 30 percent, respectively. Housing sales in NCR and Mumbai grew by 24.5 and 23.6 percent, respectively, while Chennai and Bangalore observed sales dropping by 35 and 44 percent, respectively.

    Keki Mistry, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), HDFC, stated that the effect of demonetisation was transitory. While property sales slowed down in November and December, new applications for home loans had started pouring in from January 2017. This could be traced to the easing of home loan rates over the last year, which have dropped to a six-year low of 8.35 percent. Mistry asserted not only has the realty market returned to normal, but it is the best time to invest in the sector due to attractive interest rates and falling property prices in some cities, complemented by favourable government incentives.


    RE market has nothing to do with the completion of the Dwarkaexpressway, which is being done by HUDA and other Government agencies.


    CommentQuote