Last updated: 4 hours ago
21739 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
    Ulti sahab,
    Court has given close date again, looks you are getting nervous and posting old news.
    Don't worry what ever verdict will come will be good for both party.
    Don't get excited so early,in life thinks can get change in sec.
    Do you have little idea about what happened in court?? It's useless to make comments on incomplete knowledge, this date was given since HUDA didn't produce the documents as promised. Though it was quite difficult to get them requested time as HUDA demanded however giving liberty the matter shall now again hear upon 18th Feb 2015.

Regarding new case disposed off better to have study few law classes, further few more cases are in queue and foreseen after verdict (whenever delivered) already settled matter shall disinterred, lot of action and reactions are on card.

"कानी बिनल रहलो न जाए , कानी बिनल नैनों जुडाये।"

ये कहावत मैंने सुनी थी। कि एक आदमी था जिसकी बीवी कानी थी । वो उसे पसंद नही करता था , एक दिन उसने अपनी माँ को कहा की कानी को उसके मायके भेज दो.माँ ने बेटे की बात मान ली और बहु को मायके भेज दिया.कुछ दिन बाद बेटे ने माँ से कहा - माँ मेरा मन नही लग रहा , तुम कानी को वापस बुला लो। तब माँ ने कहा -तुम उसके साथ रह भी नही सकते , उसके बगैर भी नही रह सकते.
    Last edited by ultichakri; January 29 2015, 04:41 PM.
    Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon updates

The order is uploaded now

phhc.gov.in:8080/enq_caseno.php?var1=CWP&var2=8055&var3=2008Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422530674.537901.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2252392
      Last edited by ashu_sharmaa; January 29 2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys for just bumping inside this very valuable thread read and commented upon by some very knowledgeable and intelligent lawyers like Mr. ultichakri and others.

Could someone help me understand a simple thing here- how come petitioners hire a senior advocate like Mr. SJ, that too for each hearing in this case ? We all know it is filthy expensive to hire a senior, say 5 lakhs to 6 lakhs rupees per hearing minimum. The villagers having small plots (that too in an unauthorized colony) cannot be expected to spend so much money on this kind of case. Not to mention, costs on other advocates who brief the senior and a battery of other assisting lawyers.

So who is funding crores of rupees into this legal battle from petitioners' side ?

PS: Sorry if I asked something too obvious or covered already....I am not as knowledgeable as guys here....

Comment

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
          Do you have little idea about what happened in court?? It's useless to make comments on incomplete knowledge, this date was given since HUDA didn't produce the documents as promised. Though it was quite difficult to get them requested time as HUDA demanded however giving liberty the matter shall now again hear upon 18th Feb 2015.

Regarding new case disposed off better to have study few law classes, further few more cases are in queue and foreseen after verdict (whenever delivered) already settled matter shall disinterred, lot of action and reactions are on card.

"कानी बिनल रहलो न जाए , कानी बिनल नैनों जुडाये।"

ये कहावत मैंने सुनी थी। कि एक आदमी था जिसकी बीवी कानी थी । वो उसे पसंद नही करता था , एक दिन उसने अपनी माँ को कहा की कानी को उसके मायके भेज दो.माँ ने बेटे की बात मान ली और बहु को मायके भेज दिया.कुछ दिन बाद बेटे ने माँ से कहा - माँ मेरा मन नही लग रहा , तुम कानी को वापस बुला लो। तब माँ ने कहा -तुम उसके साथ रह भी नही सकते , उसके बगैर भी नही रह सकते.
          CHAKARVARTY,
          Now you getting personal sir, i didn't know my post will offend you.
          Regarding the Disposed case i posted for members.
          Last edited by Khalsa; January 29 2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruch2000 View Post
            Sorry guys for just bumping inside this very valuable thread read and commented upon by some very knowledgeable and intelligent lawyers like Mr. ultichakri and others.

Could someone help me understand a simple thing here- how come petitioners hire a senior advocate like Mr. SJ, that too for each hearing in this case ? We all know it is filthy expensive to hire a senior, say 5 lakhs to 6 lakhs rupees per hearing minimum. The villagers having small plots (that too in an unauthorized colony) cannot be expected to spend so much money on this kind of case. Not to mention, costs on other advocates who brief the senior and a battery of other assisting lawyers.

So who is funding crores of rupees into this legal battle from petitioners' side ?

PS: Sorry if I asked something too obvious or covered already....I am not as knowledgeable as guys here....
            ruch2000,
            Good points sir, may be some big short, land mafia people involved.

Comment

RUCH... you have a Valid Point.

We all know that in India, its easy to get people to file cases in the Hope that they can Extract More Value for their Land.

Its happened in Bhatta Parsaul.... and other Cases in Greater Noida.

If any one go to these places now, that Land Acquisition is Quashed.... you will find Farmers / Land Owners Staying in Same Poverty Stricken Conditions.

At the point the case was being fought.. no one would have thought that they would be worse off.

That's something these Petitioners need to understand.

My only worry is :

Why are the 100 + Builders on DEW not forming a Consortium... and fighting the Case?

If Outsees can hire a Senior Counsel, I am Sure Builders can do better.

RAM

Originally posted by ruch2000 View Post

Comment

HIGH COURT NOTIFIES 15 ADVOCATES AS ‘SENIOR ADVOCATES’

June 25, 2014 05:47 PM
                Chandigarh (Face2Nes Bureau)
                The Punab and Haryana High court has notified the names of 15 advocates as Senior Advocates. Giving the details, a spokesman said that as per the powers conferred under section 16 (2) of the Advocates Act, 1961 the High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh designated G.S. Bal, Arun Walia, Vijay Kumar Jindal, Baldev Raj Mahajan, Shailendra Jain, Puneet Jindal, Birender Singh Rana, Sanjeev Manrai, Rupinder S. Khosla, Rajesh Garg, Gulinder Singh Gill, Sanjay Kaushal, Anu Chatrath, Manjeet Singh and Deepinder Singh Patwalia as Senior Advocates w.e.f. 28-5-2014.

He became a Senior advocate just recently. He is just an ordinary lawyer who happened to make a wind fall in the NPR case. He is not a high profile lawyer. He charges fees on case basis unlike high profile lawyers of Supreme Court. Plus in Punjab and Haryana High Court, merit is not always the criteria to be made a Senior lawyer. It is who is related to which judge. This is reflected in both the quality of the Senior lawyers as well as the judges appointed in the Punjab and High Court. That is the reason that Supreme Court gets the roughly 25% of its cases from Punjab and Haryana High Court because of the quality of judgments passed by Punjab and Haryana High Court. Here is an interesting article on the same that appeared in Hindustan Times in September 2013. Lisa Gill and H S Sidhu were some of the judges in the NPR case in July 2014, and December 2014 respectively.

Over dozen advocates' names rejected by SC

• Sanjeev Verma, Hindustan Times, Chandigarh Updated: Sep 14, 2013 01:07 IST

There has been sharp criticism by the high court bar on the age-old method of collegium system being followed in such selections on the ground that juniors and kin of judges are being recommended by the collegium without taking the bar into confidence.

After the high court collegium, comprising then chief justice Arjan Kumar Sikri (now Supreme Court judge), and justices Jasbir Singh and SK Mittal, had recommended names of eight advocates for judgeship, the high court bar had sent a memorandum signed by over 1,000 advocates showing their resentment to the President, Prime Minister, Chief Justice of India and other sitting judges of the Supreme Court.

The memorandum sent on May 5 reads, "It has now become a matter of practice and convenience to recommend the names of those advocates who are the sons, daughters, relatives and juniors of the former judges and chief justices…We also think that former chief justice AK Sikri wanted to clear his own file for elevation to Supreme Court through the government (offices of law minister and prime minister) and he obliged the law minister by being a willing party to the proposed elevation."

Now, six of the names have been rejected by the Supreme Court. These advocates are Manisha Gandhi (daughter of former chief justice of India AS Anand and additional advocate general in Punjab), Girish Agnihotri (son of former justice MR Agnihotri), Vinod Ghai, BS Rana (former junior of justice SK Mittal and additional advocate general in Haryana), Gurminder Singh and Raj Karan Singh Brar (former junior of justice Jasbir Singh and additional advocate general, Haryana).

Those two sent for re-consideration are Arun Palli (son of former justice PK Palli) and HS Sidhu (additional advocate general in Punjab).

Senior advocate Anupam Gupta is of the view: "Most of the recommendations made by the high court collegium in March 2013 were an extreme example of judicial subjectivity, favouritism and patronage." He further adds, "It is a signified ethical collapse of the collegium system."

"Judges in the collegium try to get their people on board. This collegium system needs to be replaced by a more transparent system," says senior advocate Roshan Lal Batta, also Bar-at-Law. In Britain, there is a commission and even the chief justice is selected by the commission, he adds.

Recommendations sent in 2011
                Selected: Justices Naresh Kumar Sanghi, Rameshwar Singh Malik, Gurmeet Singh Sandhawalia (son of former chief justice SS Sandhawalia), Rajiv Narain Raina, Tejinder Singh Dhindsa and Paramjeet Singh (took oath on September 30, 2011)
                Rejected: JS Puri, Subir Sehgal (son of former justice Dharam Vir Sehgal) and Sunil Chadda

Recommendations sent in 2012
                Selected:
                Justice Amol Rattan Singh (Took oath on December 21, 2012)

Rejected:
                Kamal Sehgal (Haryana’s additional advocate general), Lisa Gill (daughter of former justice HS Brar), Puneet Jindal (former junior of former Supreme Court judge Ashok Bhan) and GS Bajwa (former junior of Supreme Court judge SS Nijjar)
                Recommendations sent in 2013

None selected

Rejected: Manisha Gandhi (daughter of former chief justice of India AS Anand and additional advocate general in Punjab), Girish Agnihotri (son of former justice MR Agnihotri), Vinod Ghai, BS Rana (former junior of justice SK Mittal and additional advocate general in Haryana), Gurminder Singh and Raj Karan Singh Brar (former junior of justice Jasbir Singh)
                Justices SK Mittal and Jasbir Singh were part of the high court collegium that had recommended names in March this year when now Supreme Court judge Arjan Kumar Sikri was the HC chief justice.

For reconsideration: Arun Palli (son of former justice PK Palli) and HS Sidhu (Additional advocate general in Punjab).

Comment

Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
                  CHAKARVARTY,
                  Now you getting personal sir, i didn't know my post will offend you.
                  Regarding the Disposed case i posted for members.
                  Khalsa ji,
                  Don't Get angry, "It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word!"
                  Let him Write Whatever Dirt He has in his mind,,,,
                  I Appreciate What Mr Ravikot Said That "we can always choose to ignore them, as we have already chosen to wait and watch for DEWAY, and we know once we win, what we will get. that's why this is investment."
                  Please IGNORE=

कौआ के कोसे ढोर मरे तो,
                  रोज कोसे, रोज मारे, रोज खाए।

----------------------------------
                  यदि बुरा सोचने वालों के कारण ही किसी का बुरा होने लगे तो सभी बैठे-बैठे लोगों का बुरा करते रहेंगे। यदि ऐसा होता तो कौआ को अपने खाने के लिए किसी मरे जानवर का इंतज़ार नहीं करना पढता। वह रोज किसी जानवर का बुरा सोचता (मरने की सोचता) जानवर मरते और कौआ को खाने को मिलता।
                  इससे शिक्षा मिलती है कि किसी के बुरा चाहने से हमारा बुरा नहीं होता।

Comment

I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
                    I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
                    Time for them to do some introspection.

Rohit

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
                      I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
                      I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
                      Time for them to do some introspection.

Rohit
                      I agree.

All insurance is always expenditure.

All end use real estate purchase is always expenditure.

But real estate can be an investment - provide you think behave and act like an investor and not an end user.
                      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X